• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

Why are there 5 MHA crts.

Are there really 5 open CRT's?

There should only be 3 active CRT's at most per verse.

The two most recent ones need to be locked.

So according to the author this is not Supersonic, Imao.

Yeah, I've banned like 20 different accounts, mostly Bkdk artists that randomly pop up on my Twitter feed.
The author does label O'clock the supersonic hero. I just think it is exactly as we see. Overclock is more about the brain than the body. Although it enhances the body too, it is clearly terrible on stamina so while the combat and reaction speed might be supersonic+, it's consistent travel speed for a considerable distance is subsonic.

like almost all Overclock explanations in Vigilantes focus on it enhancing brain speed and almost zero is mentioned about enhancing travel speed. It clearly does but obviously not to the extent where it is notable or worth talking about.

There are many speed enhancing quirks in the series but probably only a few can enhance perception and brain thinking speed like Overclock. Most superfast fighters probably fight based off instinct and prelearned combat tacticts, they aren't making split second decisions or even coming up with entire tactics in slow motion.

Even 8-B Earthquakes can easily be felt so it's meh.
Well when you consider she was in heavy combat which had several big explosions, lasers, people running around at high speeds, more booms, this earthquake would have had to been something else for her to feel it.

After reading over these threads, seeing everyone go at each others neck’s and just outlier being thrown around like a basket ball, I think I’m done with mha scaling on the wiki. I’m just going to do calcs

Possible hot take: I think Vigilantes is a bit iffy in its writing, and Overclock would be better if it was just a large perception boost with a little physical speed boost, and Six’s feat of statueing 12+ cops and walking around them in slow motion should’ve never happened because it makes every following scene with him hilarious to me.

Spikey haired dude firing a machine gun at Six shouldn’t have bothered him for an instant. He could’ve just walked through before the bullets hit the window, one tapped the cops, walked through the door and yoinked Pop with that feat.

Possible hot take: I think Vigilantes is a bit iffy in its writing, and Overclock would be better if it was just a large perception boost with a little physical speed boost, and Six’s feat of statueing 12+ cops and walking around them in slow motion should’ve never happened because it makes every following scene with him hilarious to me.

Spikey haired dude firing a machine gun at Six shouldn’t have bothered him for an instant. He could’ve just walked through before the bullets hit the window, one tapped the cops, walked through the door and yoinked Pop with that feat.
I think you're ignoring all the lore about this quirk. It's an extremely exhausting quirk with a large oxygen consumption. If your brain is disoriented it becomes harder to use the quirk, same if you are fatigued or travelling long distances. This are all things Six has experienced or tried to do in the last 20 chapters.

It is not a quirk that can be kept on at all times cause of the energy consumption.

And if you remember Six was also using a special breathing technique when accelerating to the point of viewing stuff in slow motion. Now we are not told this is a necessity but considering the oxygen consumption of the quirk, he probably needed some extra oomph just to reach that state hence the breathing technique.

Looking at everything about Overclock, it is a quirk that has some of the most limitations we have seen.

1. No long distances

2. Brain speed > movement speed since it amps the brain more than the body.

3. Can't be activated when the brain is disoriented

4. Downright massive oxygen consumption & fatigue after even minor use

5. Breathing technique (no confirmation if required)

6. Can be exhausted when forced/tricked to use more brain processing power as we saw with tbe first KD vs Six fight.

It's a lot more complicated than that when you have actual evidence suggesting most of these would be City level to Mountain level, but somehow (and I won't say names), people asspull to try and cover that up.

And how would you know what goes through Horikoshi's mind? For all we know, he probably doesn't even care about how strong BoS All Might is compared to his Weakened state.
Ironically, we DO have an official reference to how strong All might is at the beginning of the series compared to All might in two heroes, that it shouldn't be that different from the same in Kamino.

It is as official as the size of the tower, with the exception that this graph exists specifically to show us how much all might has weakened. For me, that graph should be a more reliable source to follow on the strength of All might, than the fan calc of a giant cube that could be a lot more dense than we think.

If we take into consideration something like the size of the building, even if it is information that passes so fleetingly in a movie, why not take into consideration a graph whose function is to tell us how much all might have weakened?

All might at start of series = 7500 AP
All might in two heroes = 2500

3 times weaker

All might at the beginning of the series = makes it rain with a shock wave (5.4 MT) we know that a direct hit is stronger (at least 10.8 mt)

All might on two heroes and Kamino should have a power of around 3.6 megatons

So, we can save ourselves the pain of taking characters to large town and in the process we get a better reference for the characters.

“If he gets serious he can even outspeed a train!”

Highballing, let’s say this is referring to the fastest known real train, a Euroduplex TGV train holds the fastest train record at 357.2 mph. The wording implies All Might needs to be serious to perform this speed. All Might below supersonic confirmed. Revise the profiles. /s

Ironically, we DO have an official reference to how strong All might is at the beginning of the series compared to All might in two heroes, that it shouldn't be that different from the same in Kamino.

It is as official as the size of the tower, with the exception that this graph exists specifically to show us how much all might has weakened. For me, that graph should be a more reliable source to follow on the strength of All might, than the fan calc of a giant cube that could be a lot more dense than we think.

If we take into consideration something like the size of the building, even if it is information that passes so fleetingly in a movie, why not take into consideration a graph whose function is to tell us how much all might have weakened?

All might at start of series = 7500 AP
All might in two heroes = 2500

3 times weaker

All might at the beginning of the series = makes it rain with a shock wave (5.4 MT) we know that a direct hit is stronger (at least 10.8 mt)

All might on two heroes and Kamino should have a power of around 3.6 megatons

So, we can save ourselves the pain of taking characters to large town and in the process we get a better reference for the characters.

Heck, we might even have better results if we really assume that All might prime was at least comparable to current Deku, we can even keep everyone at city level

Prime All might = 15000 (304.73 MT (Deku AP)
All might at start of series = 7500 (Half strong, 152.4 MT)
All Might on Two heroes and Kamino = 2500 (3 times weaker, 50.8 MT)

Highballing, let’s say this is referring to the fastest known real train, a Euroduplex TGV train holds the fastest train record at 357.2 mph. The wording implies All Might needs to be serious to perform this speed. All Might below supersonic confirmed. Revise the profiles. /s
Remember that MHA is in the future and therefore there are trains faster than light / s

Not that inconsistent with All Might travelling 5 kilometers in less than 30 seconds tbh.

I know this is sarcasm but that statement is in reference to famous Superman quotes. Same for the "faster than a speeding bullet" statement for Faux 100%.

I think there's a lot in the series that's not there for powerscaling just cool references to pop culture stuff.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if half the feats and statements in the series are planned out by Horikoshi to annoy power scalers. I mean if he reads comic book then he most definitely knows FTL speeds and multiversal threats exist lol

im calling it, next chapter the lasers fired from jets are only hypersonic

Last edited:
What’s the deal with the insane god tier metal in MHA?

Iron Soles getting repeatedly abused with 100% kicks: this is fine. :)

USA jets getting slammed by an All Might tier being getting punched by a slightly below All Might tier being hitting them and then slamming into another jet with no damage: this is also fine. :)

Is Tetsutetsu secretly a toppest tier?

City level+ with 45% (Capable of taking a vicious elbow impact from Shigaraki, who is as strong as All Might and the USJ Nomu. Withstood a point-blank Air Cannon from Shigaraki, who tried but couldn't think of another Quirk to beat Deku”

From Deku’s durability. The wording on “withstood a point blank air cannon from Shigaraki“ is kinda iffy with me for a piece of reference/evidence, since he cancelled out the air blast with his own punch and so he didn’t exactly tank the air cannon to the face. It was also an air cannon with no notable or stated multipliers or enhancers.

I also don’t know why BASE AIR CANNON is city level. What’s the origin of this?

Back