• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Deku’s Lifting Strength Downgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
The reason I accepted the Class 50 calc is because Earthyboy pointed out that Deku jumping between buildings is far more consistent than him struggling to lift a beam, which is something I agree with.

Regardless of what is accepted, I have to recalculate that beam feat, it should be around Class 10.

The reason I accepted the Class 50 calc is because Earthyboy pointed out that Deku jumping between buildings is far more consistent than him struggling to lift a beam, which is something I agree with.

Regardless of what is accepted, I have to recalculate that beam feat, it should be around Class 10.
Sounds about right.

There are numerous feats debunking this, but to make this short, let me throw in my two cents.

There is a difference between generating lifting strength via acceleration times mass, and simply lifting an object. A boxer can generate force upwards of up to 1500 pounds with a single punch, yet most of them can't even lift over 300-500 pounds.

Technically, most of the time, Deku would be generating a shit ton of force just off of his acceleration, as he's constantly moving faster than the speed of sound. There are multiple instances of Deku generating thousands of tons of force at 5% simply because of the acceleration in his jumps. I have yet to calc all of them, but my point remains.

TLDR; Deku's Class 50 rating for 5% should stay.

Jumping between buildings is consistent but not at the speeds calculated

There are numerous feats debunking this, but to make this short, let me throw in my two cents.

There is a difference between generating lifting strength via acceleration times mass, and simply lifting an object. A boxer can generate force upwards of up to 1500 pounds with a single punch, yet most of them can't even lift over 300-500 pounds.

Technically, most of the time, Deku would be generating a shit ton of force just off of his acceleration, as he's constantly moving faster than the speed of sound. There are multiple instances of Deku generating thousands of tons of force at 5% simply because of the acceleration in his jumps. I have yet to calc all of them, but my point remains.

TLDR; Deku's Class 50 rating for 5% should stay.
The portrayal of Deku in universe takes more precedence over our calcs. He’s not portrayed as that strong with 5% or 8%.

Deku’s jumps can’t really be applied to lifting strength or else why don’t we calc how much Newtons of force every character generates with a movement. Plus it can’t even be applied to that degree with a Vs debate.

If it's an anime exclusive feat I'm against it staying, and the beam lifting feat should be used instead.

It's not fair to use this against Deku honestly, the reason he had a hard time lifting the beam is because he had to catch it with barely any balance after Gentle dropped it, it's not like he lifted it off the ground.

If they’re multiple feats from Deku or characters he scales to exceeding the weight of a steel beam then this single Anti-Feat could be dismissed as PIS.

Yeah there is too much going against the stell beam thing
Homever if the current class 50 calc is anime only it should not be used( unless you somehow proof that is cannon )

The portrayal of Deku in universe takes more precedence over our calcs. He’s not portrayed as that strong with 5% or 8%.

Deku’s jumps can’t really be applied to lifting strength or else why don’t we calc how much Newtons of force every character generates with a movement. Plus it can’t even be applied to that degree with a Vs debate.
In-universe, Deku is capable of moving faster than the speed of sound, hence why his lifting strength should be really high. That's not really an excuse.

If they’re multiple feats from Deku or characters he scales to exceeding the weight of a steel beam then this single Anti-Feat could be dismissed as PIS.
Hmm. I'll get around to calculating some more feats... Eventually. I need to take care of some stuff first.

t̶b̶h̶ ̶I̶ ̶a̶l̶s̶o̶ ̶f̶e̶e̶l̶ ̶l̶i̶k̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶C̶l̶a̶s̶s̶ ̶K̶ ̶g̶r̶i̶p̶ ̶v̶i̶a̶ ̶c̶r̶u̶s̶h̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶a̶ ̶r̶o̶c̶k̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶a̶ ̶b̶i̶t̶ ̶s̶u̶s̶ ̶b̶u̶t̶ ̶i̶ ̶d̶o̶n̶t̶ ̶c̶a̶r̶e̶ ̶n̶e̶a̶r̶l̶y̶ ̶e̶n̶o̶u̶g̶h̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶p̶o̶i̶n̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶o̶u̶t̶

If he had Class 50 strength he wouldn’t be shouting NGGGHHHH to lift the beam.
I don't know the context fully but it sounds like it was dropped and he caught it mid fall? That'd actually quite a bit above the base weight of the object at hand (probably only a few times at best but still), the exact amount would vary depending on the speed it was falling, the distance and other various factors, but if he stopped it dead after it was dropped on him from a great weight, it wouldn't be simply just the beam's weight and that's it, it'd probably be a few times higher for obvious reasons (And judging from the panels, he only struggles catching it midfall if the speedlines are anything to go by, and proceeds to lift it with one hand once it loses the momentum?).

But don't mind me, I have like zero clue about the actual context, so **** if I know, I'm just going on 3 images posted in this thread.

Um... wasn't there a thread about getting LS from jumping? Or at the least a LS thread where that was mentioned?

I'm not certain what the conclusion was there, but I'm not certain if jumping should count as Lifting Strength.

I'd like to see what other calc group members think.

In-universe, Deku is capable of moving faster than the speed of sound, hence why his lifting strength should be really high. That's not really an excuse.

Hmm. I'll get around to calculating some more feats... Eventually. I need to take care of some stuff first.
Should doesn’t mean it is. There are numerous characters in fiction that move at immense speeds but can’t lift much. Case and point Shigaraki pre his enhancements or Tsuyu.

Fiction doesn't translate stats like that. We have Low 2-Cs who can be outbenched Spider-Man. If the only class 50 thing are jumps then Deku just can't be Class 50.

Should doesn’t mean it is. There are numerous characters in fiction that move at immense speeds but can’t lift much. Case and point Shigaraki pre his enhancements or Tsuyu.
Again, there's a difference between lifting an object and having so much acceleration that you could push the object via impact force.

Really, explain to me what's wrong with my calculation, mathematically and scientifically speaking?

Again, there's a difference between lifting an object and having so much acceleration that you could push the object via impact force.

Really, explain to me what's wrong with my calculation, mathematically and scientifically speaking?
You know that’s not my problem and you also know I can’t calc feats.

The problem is it contradicts the series. Furthermore fiction doesn’t work the way your calc suggests. Next it isn’t even applicable in a fight. How would Deku apply that to someone trying to pin or wrestle him down which is typically how LS is used in Vs debates. Finally the scene in question doesn’t happen in the manga I mean sure Deku jumps in the manga but not at the speed used for the calc since it is a manga.

Last edited:
Kind of an unrelated question but is using velocity or acceleration for ap or ls even allowed

velocity or acceleration for ap or ls even allowed
If they occur in the same scene it is, but, the KE of the object cannot be used if contradicts the series
  • There is a destruction/AP calculation contradicting a kinetic energy calculation. The destruction/AP calculation would take priority over the kinetic energy calculation in this case as the AP calculation would be a better proof in regards to how much damage he/she is capable of in an attack.
    • For example, if a character launches a 200kg metal ball against a common wall at Mach 300, but the wall remains largely undamaged, the energy required to cause the minor damage on the wall would take priority over the kinetic energy derived from speed in this case.

Reactions: Rez
If they occur in the same scene it is, but, the KE of the object cannot be used if contradicts the series
My calculation fits these criteria, so it should be valid.
I don't think the logic of physics can be applied here. Like, the calculation is mathematically correct, but it's not consistent with the scene. Deku is putting the force of 26 tons on his feet with full strength, but the walls are intact... That's strange
If you wanna bring destructive capacity into this, we can talk about how Deku and All Might can generate dozens of Megatons worth of kinetic energy and the surrounding city, and anything in a 10-kilometer radius isn't obliterated. So, does that mean Deku and All Might aren't City level? Because that's exactly the type of logic you're using right now.

Seriously, do you know the difference between destructive capacity and attack potency?

Welp, that settles everything. Case closed. Deku probably lifting this because he had to catch the beam rather than simply deadlift off the came. With the added acceleration, that would be extremely difficult to do compared to a simple 15-ton deadlift.
Doesn’t really support Class 50. The beam is like less than a third of his class 50 feat and he’d be stronger than when he was in your calc yet still struggles immensely

Doesn’t really support Class 50. The beam is like less than a third of his class 50 feat and he’d be stronger than when he was in your calc yet still struggles immensely
He's lifting half the amount of weight required to be classified as a Class 50, on TOP of having to catch the beam.

Tell me, what's the difference between catching a falling chair compared to then lifting it? Because if we compare these two feats, they fall under that same principle the chairs do.

we can talk about how Deku and All Might can generate dozens of Megatons worth of kinetic energy and the surrounding city, and anything in a 10-kilometer radius isn't obliterated. So, does that mean Deku and All Might aren't City level?
I am not saying anything like that, you are using different circumstances to justify it, while I am using a single scene which you are calculating. It would be the same case of a character at Mach 100 hitting a wall and not breaking it, and yet you use KE, and to justify you would use that same argument.

They are different circumstances and scenes. I'm referring to the exact one you calculate

He's lifting half the amount of weight required to be classified as a Class 50, on TOP of having to catch the beam.

Tell me, what's the difference between catching a falling chair compared to then lifting it? Because if we compare these two feats, they fall under that same principle the chairs do.
If you could lift over three times the weight of that chair without notable signs of stress I wouldn’t expect you to struggle as much as he did to the point he was screaming and popping veins on his head.

Deku wasn't at the center of the beam when he lifted, it makes sense why he struggled to lift it.
Being at the center doesn’t translate to popping veins, screaming and sweating in exertion. He’d have more than likely shown some issue with balance instead of exertion.

Hey so I’ve been gone for a little while and I gotta say;

Why are there 5 MHA CRT’s going on right now with more on the way?

In regards to this lifting strength stuff, if it’s more consistent that he does class 50 stuff than the steel beam thing, then use the class 50 stuff. If not, he goes to class 25. It’s not that hard from my perspective.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back