• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

”All Might level” Shigaraki was having a hard time, and even breaking his teeth, chewing on Deku’s 100% arm. If Deku was at 5% Timmy do you think the same thing would’ve happened??

There’s also basic physics; if you want to punch something hard and not lose your bones, you need to be as durable as the strength you want to output.

Deku’s training is to handle the backlash from OFA, but OFA still makes him more durable. It’s like an armour strength enhancement over his muscles. His base body and OFA durability are different.
The blacklash being that energy that flows through, when he attacks it's too much energy for his body to handle so it breaks. We know this, what's your point.
And you claim again that OFA boosts his durability without giving proof.
Prove OFA doesn’t increase durability. You’re making the claim against a commonly taken fact.
You're asking me to prove a negative and the burden of proof is on you. I simply asked a question, if its a fact then show proof of this.
“Which flows the strength of others through his body” <— sounds like it would increase durability.
It sounds like it would give him raw power, nothing about energy flowing through your body WHICH YOU HAVE TO BE DURABLE ENOUGH TO WITHSTAND says it would also give enhanced durability.
Because he kept hitting and tanking the effects being reflected until the quirk became weaker. We’ll see better when the movie comes out, but leaks put him getting reflected over and over and still going. Ergo his durability is = his AP
The spoilers described them as damaging severely which is not tanking at all. It may be relative but that does not make it equal at all. I'm aware he took these attacks, that's not my argument. My argument is that the newton law is inconsistent in MHA and doesn't work properly as an argument for durability.
The hit from Shigaraki made Deku slightly cough up blood, one of the most common, nonsensical anime tropes of all time to just mean “significant damage.” Deku immediately after that, not even a full second after the hit, just gets pissed off and binds Shigaraki better. He then proceeds to be fully capable and uninjured for the rest of the fight. Prove that hit “almost killed him.”
Yes, it caused him to cough up blood which suggest internal organs took heavy damage, it being a trope doesn't refute anything. It happened. We also see the effect it has on his body which was brutal, and me saying it almost killed him was me overexaggerating the effect it had on Deku. I don't see what him binding shigaraki proves, and shigaraki doesnt land any blows after this so idk.
If you punched a wall as hard as you could, but instead of all your forc going into the wall, it reflected back at you, your arm would snap in half. The fact All Might withstood impact recoil twice with the same arm and it only broke the second time is ******* absurd. Impact Recoil proves his durability is comparable to his AP.

Prove the flexing increases his stats to OFA levels? He never claims that and instead says the flexing is just for show. All his strength is attributed to One For All.

It proving it's comparable isn't the point, it doesn't address my point.
I don't have to prove it at all as its entirely based on if OFA boost durability or not. If yall can prove it does then the argument is moot, if yall cant then it does boost him enough to withstand that energy flowing through his body.
Finna go to football practice, byeee

“The blacklash being that energy that flows through, when he attacks it's too much energy for his body to handle so it breaks. We know this, what's your point.
And you claim again that OFA boosts his durability without giving proof.“

The point is, base body durability and OFA enhanced durability is different. One is natural, other artificial.

OFA boosts durability. There is no reality in which it doesn’t. You’re making the claim, prove otherwise.

OFA increases strength. Durability comes from strength. That’s basic.

Punch a wall. Did your arm break? No??

Okay, now punch a wall while your arm is moving at 10x the speed (use rocket boosters or something). Did it break?? If yes, do you know why??

Now ask yourself how Deku is able to output more striking strength and AP the higher % he uses without turning his bones into mush IF OFA doesn’t increase durability. What? Is his base body already as strong as the max % he can use without damage?? That doesn’t make sense.

I thought everyone thought OFA enhances all base stats: speed, strength, and durability are human base stats and that's what OFA enhances.

It's nonsensical to leave one out. I know some Marvel and DC stuff do that where a character somehow has superstrength but no enhanced speed or durability but so far that's not how it works in MHA. In this series the stronger you are, the more durable you are and also the faster you are unless your quirk only applies to one body part like Rappa.

Every other strength enhancer in the story has had enhanced speed and durability.

I don't know if the stuff in Vigilantes will ever be addressed but over there OFA is also implied to boost the senses.

Superbreath is just an application of superstrength and enhanced durability of internal organs, in this case the lungs.

I still can't see when Imgur links get posted here. I'm now wondering if the issue is my phone or imgur changed something behind the scenes recently cause I can't even see my own posts when I link them from the imgur app.

I still don’t get Fa Jin. I like it, but I don’t get it.

Does Deku have to kick or punch to use it or does it just, kinda, “zoom” him along? Like Recipro Turbo.

So.. I found out that the tower from the Two Heroes Movie has an official height, which you can see here and here, the size is listed at 865 m. Using that I can find the actual size of the top platform's diameter, which ends up decreases the results of the Cube feat by quite a bit.

You can see my own calc here.
WELP. BACK TO THE LAB BOYS.

Time to return to our bi-monthly schedule of:
  • Damage saying we should remove the movies altogether
  • All the top tiers getting their tiers changed
  • Someone bringing up the very obvious tier 6 Heroes Rising feat
  • Outliers
  • Full Cowl vs One Arm discussions
  • Crying
  • Lots of match removals
  • More consistent scaling
  • A lot of pain for Therefir and Rusty who change all the profiles
And many more! If you’re new here, please sit back and have fun as it’s the return of everyone’s favorite:

MHA Top Tier revision #37216: The Cube ***** It All Up Again!

This sucks for me too because I need to rework mha fan character profile that's a WIP on FCOC vs battle wiki again all because of that cube feat

We all hate to see it, but when I saw that height listed I knew it'd be wrong to ignore it.

But hey current 100% Izuku should still be 7-A though, along with Shiggy's durability.

And maybe we'll get some feats in the future.
You already know it’s not going to stay. Now it’s going to be claimed an outlier for being way higher than this feat.

We have entered the downgrade zone.

Pray for future feats boys. Pray

It is high, but even if that is the case we do have Bakugo's Low 7-B+ feat to fall on.
And so we return to where we were before: Baseline 7-B Deku

Just when you think you have left hell, you wind up right back.

I’m literally that video of Spider-Man walking off a building while the Tokyo Ghoul Op plays in the background right now.

Here's my issue with the calc, as it's something I've seen people have issues with in other calcs using a model of a place: is it really reliable to scale off of a 2-D model of the tower?

Here's my issue with the calc, as it's something I've seen people have issues with in other calcs using a model of a place: is it really reliable to scale off of a 2-D model of the tower?
And to add onto this, the fact that I pixel scaled the 400 meters thing to the tower and got 1008 meters for the tower is pretty sketch.

Basically, I'm questioning the reliability of scaling from that image.

I'll at least check it out if you want.

The only shots of the tower come from very far away, so the scaling is going to be a little iffy.

Though I have no idea how you got 1008 m, when I got lower results. Using the 865 m, and measuring the small tower I got around 350 meters.

I'm positive the other shots of the tower give even lower results I think, but I'll at least check it out if you want.

The only shots of the tower come from very far away, so the scaling is going to be a little iffy.

Though I have no idea how you got 1008 m, when I got lower results. Using the 865 m, and measuring the small tower I got around 350 meters.
That small tower is given as 400 meters in that image. My pixel scaling was as follows:

Small Tower Height = 400 meters = 316 px

Big Tower Height = 797 px = 1008.86 meters

Back