• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

Im aware of him being off guard, hence Deku overpowered an off guard stain.
When Deku first arrived to the scene he punched stain in the face, causing his head to fly back and he is shown to be harmed hence his facial expressions and the bruise on his face.
So Deku is simply able to hurt Stain. So idk what it is you’re trying to say

Of course OFA increases durability. What nonsense am I perceiving?

Are you saying 5% Deku could tank the Air Blast that sent 100% Kamino All Might flying through several city blocks, Timmy?? Or that Skinny Might is the same durability of 100% All Might??

2nd OFA user theory.

Quirk: Embers.

By touching someone and willing it, the user can grant a copy of their quirk(s) to another as embers. When these embers run out, the quirks disappear.

It’d be a good explanation for why every user could still use OFA after it’s been passed down, besides just “OFA magic“ like it currently is. Could also realistically grant the other students a fair chance in a fight with Shigaraki and Nomus.

2nd OFA user theory.

Quirk: Embers.

By touching someone and willing it, the user can grant a copy of their quirk(s) to another as embers. When these embers run out, the quirks disappear.

It’d be a good explanation for why every user could still use OFA after it’s been passed down, besides just “OFA magic“ like it currently is. Could also realistically grant the other students a fair chance in a fight with Shigaraki and Nomus.
It isn’t “OFA Magic,” their quirk factors, the literal biological function that grants their quirks, are copied by OFA and implanted in the new host. OFA is just a highly advanced symbiotic quirk factor.

Also, AFO also sees the vestiges and has been seeing them for a long time. People in MHA are intrinsically tied to their quirks. That’s a fine explanation already.

So, yeah, OFA magic. It can “copy itself” (never stated btw) without a copy quirk. That’s magic.
The entire purpose of the quirk is to take the strength of a past user and implant it into a new one after being given away. How is that magic? It’s a stockpile quirk first, a giving quirk second. Why would it lose its stockpile every time it’s given away?

Because when it’s passed on the person before still has the quirk. They aren’t rendered quirkless. They can still punch city blocks away, despite the fact the quirk was passed on. Literal magic.

The quirk is “pass the quirk on to others” not “create a copy of the quirk and keep the copy and pass the original quirk onto others”.

The only “magic” part about OFA is that we Don’t precisely know what it stockpiles outside or quirks that gives the super strength
We do know the quirk that gives super strength: “ a Power Stocker quirk”. A simple quirk from simpler quirk generations with great benefits over time.

Because when it’s passed on the person before still has the quirk. They aren’t rendered quirkless. They can still punch city blocks away, despite the fact the quirk was passed on. Literal magic.

The quirk is “pass the quirk on to others” not “create a copy of the quirk and keep the copy and pass the original quirk onto others”.
Except that strength is limited, and eventually goes away. It’s not like what they gave away is immediately gone.

“Pass the Quirk on to Others” is not mutually exclusive from “Pass on the original while keeping a copy.” Literally none of that means a copy isn’t created for the past user until it is used up. You don’t need a direct statement to see that without calling it “magic”

We just had a discussion on it Atomic, and you yourself don’t know what “power” is being stockpiled. We know what the quirk does not how it does it. If you have gained some insight into what power One For All stockpiles, please explain.

The fact that it’s limited, but still there, in the first place is magic af.

What it stockpiles is irrelevant, so I’m not discussing it, you brought it up for no reason. I just know that “copy the quirk” isn’t a quirk inside OFA that we know of, unless the 2nd user’s is revealed to be it.

The fact that it’s limited, but still there, in the first place is magic af.

What it stockpiles is irrelevant, so I’m not discussing it, you brought it up for no reason. I just know that “copy the quirk” isn’t a quirk inside OFA that we know of, unless the 2nd user’s is revealed to be it.
No, it’s a part of the quirk. It leaves behind a fading copy, while acclimating to its new host. How is that magic?

I brought it up as the only thing that seems like “magic” about the quirk. Because leaving behind a copy surely isn’t it. You’re just not capable of taking what is given and expanding on it without direct author statements.

Yeah, magic.

”he had a useless quirk, the quirk to pass his quirk itself onto others” is not “he had a useless quirk, the quirk to copy his own quirk and pass his own quirk to others while keeping the fading copy!”

It’s a weird oddity of OFA that only OFA has that’s never really addressed. It’s weird and unexplained, unique to OFA. It’s OFA magic. Passing on the quirk, should be, passing on the quirk. Not passing on the quirk*

*but keeping the quirk’s “embers” (whatever that is?) to fight a few more fights.

AFO doesn’t leave embers or gain embers when he takes or gives quirks. Neither does NIne.

Yeah, magic.

”he had a useless quirk, the quirk to pass his quirk itself onto others” is not “he had a useless quirk, the quirk to copy his own quirk and pass his own quirk to others while keeping the fading copy!”

It’s a weird oddity of OFA that only OFA has that’s never really addressed. It’s weird and unexplained, unique to OFA. It’s OFA magic.
If you want to call it “magic” that’s a fault on your own part for not just looking for an actual explanation. Or your imagination is limited.

Also the stockpile quirk merged with the giving quirk and made something new. Claiming the mechanics are the same is incorrect.

Doesn’t need to be explained if it’s obvious, but you do you. Just don’t start complaining when the 2nd’s quirk is a laser when I’m giving a perfectly good explanation.

It’s number one in sheer AP. He can kill anyone in the verse with a single hit so long as they don’t have regeneration. He’s also number one probably mostly due to his own skills rather than his own quirk.
Yeah but put him against Star or AM and he falls apart.

Although maybe America and Japan just had snapped No. 1 heroes and other places are more tame

Yeah but put him against Star or AM and he falls apart.

Although maybe America and Japan just had snapped No. 1 heroes and other places are more tame
AM? Of course he does. Everyone does. He’s All Might.

Star? That remains to be seen. Kinda hard to touch the guy or even get close to him when he’s always on fire. One mistake from her and oops, no more flesh, painful death.

She just deletes the Atmosphere in his vicinity and he dies
He flies out of range of the no-atmosphere bubble towards her, or simply moves around too fast for her to get a lock-on, so to speak. He probably knows her quirk and how to counter it. It actually takes a relatively long time to die when outside an atmosphere as long as you don’t hold your breath.

Staying as close to her as possible is his best counter. I doubt she can survive without an atmosphere without making a rule for herself.

He flies out of range of the no-atmosphere bubble towards her, or simply moves around too fast for her to get a lock-on, so to speak. He probably knows her quirk and how to counter it. It actually takes a relatively long time to die when outside an atmosphere as long as you don’t hold your breath.

Staying as close to her as possible is his best counter. I doubt she can survive without an atmosphere without making a rule for herself.
Most people would on reflex hold their breath when they can’t breath. There’s also several other rules she could apply. I won’t speculate since we don’t know her limits but I highly doubt Endeavor could beat SnS since there’s a ton of ways she could cripple him depending on her limits.

Most people would on reflex hold their breath when they can’t breath. There’s also several other rules she could apply. I won’t speculate since we don’t know her limits but I highly doubt Endeavor could beat SnS since there’s a ton of ways she could cripple him depending on her limits.
There’s also a single way that he can cripple her and one shot if he lands a hit. It’s a “who hits first match”. So they’re still on somewhat even footing.

Star begins to say her rule and touch the air, Endeavor throws a spear of fire as she speaks. Who knows how a confrontation could go down. But it’s clear they’re on a similar level. Hell, she needs a super strength rule to buff herself to All Might strength level who Endeavor is naturally on the level on.

Why on earth would OFA not increase durability? Do not revive ancient threads please.

Also Deku hits and gets his force reflected by Flect several times until he literally punches the quirk out of him according to leaks, so idk why you’re bringing it up.
Because it's just him using a quirk which flows the strength of others through his body, the entire point of Deku training his body is because he isn't durable enough to handle this power. If it boosted his durability this wouldn't be a problem.
Same leaks states the effects of Flect's quirk was weakening so my point still stands. Newtons law when it comes to opposite effects aren't consistent in MHA
Bakugo also gets stronger as well and is constantly improving himself and his quirk.

So base Deku is more durable than Endeavor?

MHA agrees with it as characters like Bakugo injure themselves from the force of the explosions. I have no clue how Flect’s powers even work so I’m not gonna address fhat. All I’ll say is MHA movies can be weird.
Im aware that Bakugo gets stronger as he is also training, this doesn't address my point.

Why would base Deku be more durable than Endeavor? Last time I checked he damn near got killed by Shigaraki's casual elbow while Endeavor could take dozens of serious blows from him.

Bakugo explosions doesn't harm him, the abuse of them causes strain on his arms.

It's not just the movies that do this either, this is even present in the manga. When All Might clashes with AFO air canon, his arm doesn't take some recoil which causes harm him. This would mean he's more durable than his ap right? No. When AFO uses his impact recoil quirk it literally messed AM arm up, not once but when they did the big clash as well.
So Deku is simply able to hurt Stain. So idk what it is you’re trying to say
Read the comments for more context.
Of course OFA increases durability. What nonsense am I perceiving?

Are you saying 5% Deku could tank the Air Blast that sent 100% Kamino All Might flying through several city blocks, Timmy?? Or that Skinny Might is the same durability of 100% All Might??
You have proof of this?
All Might flexing clearly gave him more physical capabilities, so it's not the same at all.

“All Might flexing clearly gave him more physical capabilities, so it's not the same at all.”

Prove this. His muscle form is not linked to OFA.
I never claimed his muscles were linked to OFA, wth? That's a mean as straw man. When he flex he grows muscles, muscle mass contributes to raw strength and the ability to take force. Him growing them means he becomes physically stronger.
I'll ask again, can you prove OFA boost durability?

Deku’s training is to handle the backlash from OFA, but OFA still makes him more durable. It’s like an armour strength enhancement over his muscles. His base body and OFA durability are different.

Because it's just him using a quirk which flows the strength of others through his body, the entire point of Deku training his body is because he isn't durable enough to handle this power. If it boosted his durability this wouldn't be a problem.
Same leaks states the effects of Flect's quirk was weakening so my point still stands. Newtons law when it comes to opposite effects aren't consistent in MHA

Why would base Deku be more durable than Endeavor? Last time I checked he damn near got killed by Shigaraki's casual elbow while Endeavor could take dozens of serious blows from him.

It's not just the movies that do this either, this is even present in the manga. When All Might clashes with AFO air canon, his arm doesn't take some recoil which causes harm him. This would mean he's more durable than his ap right? No. When AFO uses his impact recoil quirk it literally messed AM arm up, not once but when they did the big clash as well.

You have proof of this?
All Might flexing clearly gave him more physical capabilities, so it's not the same at all.
“Which flows the strength of others through his body” <— sounds like it would increase durability.

Because he kept hitting and tanking the effects being reflected until the quirk became weaker. We’ll see better when the movie comes out, but leaks put him getting reflected over and over and still going. Ergo his durability is = his AP

The hit from Shigaraki made Deku slightly cough up blood, one of the most common, nonsensical anime tropes of all time to just mean “significant damage.” Deku immediately after that, not even a full second after the hit, just gets pissed off and binds Shigaraki better. He then proceeds to be fully capable and uninjured for the rest of the fight. Prove that hit “almost killed him.”

If you punched a wall as hard as you could, but instead of all your forc going into the wall, it reflected back at you, your arm would snap in half. The fact All Might withstood impact recoil twice with the same arm and it only broke the second time is ******* absurd. Impact Recoil proves his durability is comparable to his AP.

Prove the flexing increases his stats to OFA levels? He never claims that and instead says the flexing is just for show. All his strength is attributed to One For All.

Back