• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

Ofa gets stronger overtime via unknown means, Deku gets stronger and stronger and stronger then all of a sudden its an outlier? Don't yall have verses that jump from building level to complex multiversal
Deku’s OFA has grown, what, hundreds of TIMES stronger within a single year? Seems sus. How long did All Might spend training and cultivating it exactly?? 35 years??

Deku’s OFA has grown, what, hundreds of TIMES stronger within a single year? Seems sus. How long did All Might spend training and cultivating it exactly?? 35 years??
How strong has he gotten in that time? Hell for all we know he could have gottent 10x10^35x stronger in those years

In-universe wise, there is no apparent difference in power.

However, “real life biology” wise, there “should” be due to the physics behind throwing your whole body into attacking and the like. But I don’t think Horikoshi, or most artists, think about that stuff.

Deku without full cowl 100% was decimating Shigaraki who’s on a similar level. What? Would Full Cowling straight up one shot him?? It couldn’t even one shot Nine, who should be physically weaker.

Deku's 100% smash could do nothing to Nine's mini tornado yet a full cowl smash could blow away his colossal storm.
This assumes Nine’s “defensive“ mini tornados are easier to break into than the storm above. Angle of attack is important. It was also two Detroit Smashes prolonged.

It’s like the difference between 1 person swinging a sword at a suit of armour designed to deflect attacks away from the user vs 2 people stabbing the armour with 2 spears designed for stabbing through armour.

This assumes Nine’s “defensive“ mini tornados are easier to break into than the storm above. Angle of attack is important. It was also two Detroit Smashes prolonged.
It's not an assumption, its clearly shown that this attack should be massively superior than the Mini Tornado, hell we even see that this Mini tornado spins and evolves into the much bigger one (when nine sees deku and bakugo fuse he spins again and makes the small tornado flow into the sky making a much larger storm meaning it is indeed more superior. Massively).
Two smashes doesnt rly change anything.
Giant storm>>>>>>>>> mini tornado> no diffed 100% smash.
It's pretty obvious that the form is superior.

We also know that putting ofa in different parts of the body gives different levels of power.
FInger gives X boost while the entire arm is> that. Same goes for the legs. So if this concept exist with larger portions of the body holding OFA more power wouldn't this mean full cowl> arm smash

I probably didn't word that good.
We know when Deku puts ofa into small portion of his body its weaker than larger parts of his body. This is shown as when he put OFA into his finger tip it had low power but when he covered his entire Arm there was a lot more power, as stated by Todoroki.
This suggests that the larger the area is, the stronger OFA makes them. So if he uses full body doesn't that mean he gets overall stronger?

Let me see, full cowl 5% deku could harm Stain a lot and even knocked him out with a smash.
Same stain took a recipro kick that was so powerful it busted Iida's engine. A likely less power kick damn near knocked Todoroki out in a single hit. 5% (arm) deku punched this same todoroki (who was weakened according to Deku) and he no selled the attack.
Scale is
5% full cowl attack=<stain's durability>= Iida's more powerful recipro burst> iida's less powerful recirpo burst> todoroki

Let me see, full cowl 5% deku could harm Stain a lot and even knocked him out with a smash.
Same stain took a recipro kick that was so powerful it busted Iida's engine. A likely less power kick damn near knocked Todoroki out in a single hit. 5% (arm) deku punched this same todoroki (who was weakened according to Deku) and he no selled the attack.
Scale is
5% full cowl attack=<stain's durability>= Iida's more powerful recipro burst> iida's less powerful recirpo burst> todoroki
Deku never knocked Stain out that was Todoroki who burned his head for the KO. Plus Deku went over 5% on his final attack

Deku never knocked Stain out that was Todoroki who burned his head for the KO. Plus Deku went over 5% on his final attack
Ok, but he was still shown capable of harming Stain several times and even overpowered him when they were in aerial combat (though he was off guard). Based off these things I gave ofa should indeed increase in power when its around the entire body and not just a single limb

Base Deku screams in pain when Bakugo exploded him yet 5% can take much more with less reaction.

20% gets stabbed by Overhaul’s spikes while 45% can split Rivet Stab.

Aside from that every force would have an opposite reaction. For 45% Deku to pretty much oneshot Ragnarok he’d have to take that same force and I highly doubt 5% or even 20% Deku is that tough.

Last edited:
Ok, but he was still shown capable of harming Stain several times and even overpowered him when they were in aerial combat (though he was off guard). Based off these things I gave ofa should indeed increase in power when its around the entire body and not just a single limb
I’m not disagreeing with you but that’s bad reasoning. Deku never overpowered Stain and Stain said he lacked power.

In mha chapter 53 stain cuts up Todoroki's ice wall, stain being directly in front of Todoroki. Right after he cuts the ice up the fragments are shown to still be sitting in the air and stain moved so fast that he ended up jumping several meters into the air without the ice appearing to move. Deku then stands up, ice still appears frozen, and jumps up the building and grabbed stain with it appearing as if stain hasn't moved positions at all and the ice is still shown to be motionless, then Deku drags Stain across the building with the ice still seeming motionless.

I’m not disagreeing with you but that’s bad reasoning. Deku never overpowered Stain and Stain said he lacked power.
But he did overpower stain when they were in aerial combat, though stain was off guard. Stain saying he lacked power could just be in reference of Deku not being capable of one shotting him. Deku was still shown to harm him.

But he did overpower stain when they were in aerial combat, though stain was off guard. Stain saying he lacked power could just be in reference of Deku not being capable of one shotting him. Deku was still shown to harm him.
Stain didn’t sustain much damage. Also if I merely move you while you’re in midair I’m not overpowering you since you have zero leverage to resist

If he was off guard, that nullifies that instance of him being overpowered. You can harm someone and not overpower them. 5% punched him directly in the head and he just shrugged it off. It was only when Deku went somewhat above 5% that he did more damage.

Base Deku screams in pain when Bakugo exploded him yet 5% can take much more with less reaction.
Which version of base Deku? Which scene does this happen? Are you aware that Deku gets stronger over time as he constantly trains himself to be durable enough to withstand ofa's power
20% gets stabbed by Overhaul’s spikes whole 45% can split Rivet Stab.
Again, Deku has increased his base power enough to handle these higher percentages so this doesn't prove anything.
Aside from that every force would have an opposite reaction. For 45% Deku to pretty much oneshot Ragnarok he’d have to take that same force and I highly doubt 5% or even 20% Deku is that tough.

Does MHA agree with that? Or is it consistent with that? For example, in the new movie Deku's attacks get reflected to him and it damn near kills him, yet he's supposed to be able to take this force since every action as an opposite reaction.

Stain didn’t sustain much damage. Also if I merely move you while you’re in midair I’m not overpowering you since you have zero leverage to resist
If both characters are emitting power at the time (stain was diving down to shank todoroki) and deku comes up and emits another force and that overcomes stain's, he overpowered him. But stain was off guard so it doesn't matter.
Stain did take damage from Deku's attack, even if it wasn't massive its still damage. Same stain being durable enough to take these kicks from iida which nearly one shotted Todoroki

Which version of base Deku? Which scene does this happen? Are you aware that Deku gets stronger over time as he constantly trains himself to be durable enough to withstand ofa's power

Again, Deku has increased his base power enough to handle these higher percentages so this doesn't prove anything.

Does MHA agree with that? Or is it consistent with that? For example, in the new movie Deku's attacks get reflected to him and it damn near kills him, yet he's supposed to be able to take this force since every action as an opposite reaction.
Bakugo also gets stronger as well and is constantly improving himself and his quirk.

So base Deku is more durable than Endeavor?

MHA agrees with it as characters like Bakugo injure themselves from the force of the explosions. I have no clue how Flect’s powers even work so I’m not gonna address fhat. All I’ll say is MHA movies can be weird.

If both characters are emitting power at the time (stain was diving down to shank todoroki) and deku comes up and emits another force and that overcomes stain's, he overpowered him. But stain was off guard so it doesn't matter.
Stain did take damage from Deku's attack, even if it wasn't massive its still damage. Same stain being durable enough to take these kicks from iida which nearly one shotted Todoroki
Stain was falling dude.

Stain had his ribs break and hands bleed when Iida kicked him. Todoroki also wasn’t close to being oneshot he was just shaky cause he got kicked in the head.

If he was off guard, that nullifies that instance of him being overpowered. You can harm someone and not overpower them. 5% punched him directly in the head and he just shrugged it off. It was only when Deku went somewhat above 5% that he did more damage.
Im aware of him being off guard, hence Deku overpowered an off guard stain.
When Deku first arrived to the scene he punched stain in the face, causing his head to fly back and he is shown to be harmed hence his facial expressions and the bruise on his face.

Why on earth would OFA not increase durability? Do not revive ancient threads please.

Also Deku hits and gets his force reflected by Flect several times until he literally punches the quirk out of him according to leaks, so idk why you’re bringing it up.

Back