• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

Oh god, Earthy AND Timmy.

The MHA calc suicide squad.
breaking-bad-walter-white.gif

When looking at Deku vs Grand Torino again I noticed that Gran Torino actually blitz his sound. This is evident in his statement being in his previous spot and hes behind deku.
This same thing has been present in MHA: V when number 6 gotten into his awakened form. He has said some words in a previous spot then moves several meters before these words could travel out.

When looking at Deku vs Grand Torino again I noticed that Gran Torino actually blitz his sound. This is evident in his statement being in his previous spot and hes behind deku.
This same thing has been present in MHA: V when number 6 gotten into his awakened form. He has said some words in a previous spot then moves several meters before these words could travel out.

I suppose you have a point there.

Alright, I normally ignore Timmy's posts but this is actually a correct observation. This also happens with AFO Shigaraki. I'm not sure where else does this effect happen though, but for now we can confirm that there are at least 3 characters known for speed who possess this kind of effect that likely denotes their speed.

However, I'm not sure if this is even quantifiable, other than a potential supporting evidence for these characters being above the speed of sound.

I've been looking at Deku's feat in chapter 157 for a while now. It seems like we don't need angle sizing to measurement, as some of the spikes in the anime and manga are pretty damn close to Deku's position. I might look into this further tomorrow.

Alright, I normally ignore Timmy's posts but this is actually a correct observation. This also happens with AFO Shigaraki. I'm not sure where else does this effect happen though, but for now we can confirm that there are at least 3 characters known for speed who possess this kind of effect that likely denotes their speed.

However, I'm not sure if this is even quantifiable, other than a potential supporting evidence for these characters being above the speed of sound.
I calc it but it was mid into supersonic+ so nothing impressive

Hypersonic 5% Deku is a bit extreme and nonsensical. This is why I don’t accept fan calcs as a general rule. I’mma just copy paste my debunk on Therefir‘s calc to Earthyboy’s since it’s the exact same feat just being calced with different wording.

Gunman: misses all his shots of bullets we can’t even see.

MHA calcers: Yes. This is totally valid. He’s totally perceiving and dodging bullets here. Let’s ignore Mirio getting hit by a bullet later on. Mmm, yes. Calc inflation.

With high quality scans, you can literally see the bullets missing. The bullets are going over him. He’s keeping ahead of the firing line.

With high quality scans, you can literally see the bullets missing. The bullets are going over him. He’s keeping ahead of the firing line.

That's absurd. You can see several instances where the bullets would've hit him but in the next frame, he jumped clear while they were inches away from him.

That's absurd. You can see several instances where the bullets would've hit him but in the next frame, he jumped clear while they were inches away from him.
Except we don’t, as my scans literally show. Because we’re shown that the bullets are going over Deku, meaning, the gunman is missing and isn’t aiming at him. We can’t exactly percieve depth here on a 2D image of this sort of scenario, so can you prove, without a single doubt, that those last bullets would have hit Deku?

Except we don’t, as my scans literally show. Because we’re shown that the bullets are going over Deku, meaning, the gunman is missing and isn’t aiming at him. We can’t exactly percieve depth here on a 2D image of this sort of scenario, so can you prove, without a single doubt, that those last bullets would have hit Deku?
Since you so desperately wished for evidence and have talked about this for God knows how many pages, fine. I'll comply.

MeQtIfU.png

Honestly, this scan says it all, with the circles showcasing why Deku would actually did dodge the bullets here. The top showcases Deku's position. The bullets are aiming directly at him. And in the next frame, (aka the next bottom picture), you can see how the bullets grazed the position that Deku was previously in, evidenced by the line of smoke or dust that the bullet left behind in its wake. If Deku didn't move, he likely would've been hit.

It's as simple as that.

Except we can literally see a bullet on the top left of the circle whizzing past Deku, meaning those rounds missed, unless you’re implying the gunman moved his gun at such speed that he was able to go from missing Deku to aiming at Deku before a bullet he JUST fired could hit the wall a few steps away?

”Dust cloud” argument? Is an irrelevant argument, since the bullets missed anyway. And its not like dust doesn’t travel or anything, it’s most likely just dust from the bullets that were never going to hit Deku hitting the wall and travelling through the air. Or Deku moved, then the gunman’s line of fire finally caught up to where Deku just was, and then he fired the bullets that hit that part of the wall, but Deku’s already moved.

So, again, prove without a single doubt that those bullets wouldn’t have missed.

Insanity is calcing the exact same vague feat one hundred but just slightly changing the words each time so the results get progressively higher and higher.

Refer to image 1 and 2 here.

We can see AFTER Deku is already out of the way that the gunman fires again, we just never see the bullets here, meaning those bullets we saw missed, then he fired again, creating the dust, but DEKU has already moved. But hey, let’s all collectively selectively ignore certain frames and hyper focus on other frames to calc to inflate the power and speed of the verse I guess.

Last edited:
Apparently One Piece characters in post timeskip will be downgraded to 7-B so if that happens then maybe we can get another Ussop Vs Nagant situation (if you've read the thread then you'll know what I'm talking about).

Current Deku is floating along when he’s suddenly ambushed by 20 of Star’s USA hero-jets. Can he make it out alive?

Random encounter, 1km above New York. If a jet is damaged but not destroyed, it gets healed after 20 seconds of no damage.

Back