• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

tbh why tf didnt tomura or AFO take overhuals quirk? are they mental? him and erasure head would be top on the list
He already tried Eraserhead and failed. Also there is always a risk of death if he targets Eraserhead. He doesn't have perfected Nomu body like Shiggy.

For Overhaul it's all headcanon, we don't have a real reason in-universe.

1. Maybe Overhaul is like Momo or Best Jeanist's quirk where the user requires extensive knowledge on what they are doing or tons of training on how to do it. In Overhaul's case, I would imagine biology and medicine. Overhaul does seem to be pretty experienced in the biological field.

2. AFO was already having trouble starting with the 4th generation of quirks. Overhaul might just be "too complex" for him to master. It might also take up way more mental memory space and put more stress in the body.

Anyway this is all headcanon. In universe we don't have a genuine reason. AFO might just be bidding his time.

Faux 100% isn't a transformation, so Izuku loses it after two kicks and dies.

Unless he shows off something like that, we cannot assume he can do such a thing. Faux 100% is only an instantaneous boost, until new information comes out.
In the Nagant fight, we know that after Deku activated Fa Jin, he ran up he steps of that building. This was in the volume extras where Horikoshi revealed Deku's strategy in that fight.

He didn't jump through the building so clearly Deku can use Fa Jin for extended periods of time. It might not have Black Whip's centrifugal force but it's still above 45%.

We also know Black Whip speed >> Shigaraki movement speed. Then adding on Float, Danger Sense, and Smokescreen for sneak attacks and stealth.

Hold on, I thought of something. The clouds flew downwards relative to the jets flying around. So the speed of these jets could probably be used for this.
So i can use the

Northrop Grumman B-2 Spirit​

Top speed of 628 mph or I can use the fastest fighter jet which has a speed of 2,190mph

Deku has never used 100% kicks. Not even once. Not in the movies, not in the war arc, nowhere.

The only time he has done so is his kick against Chisaki in Full Cowl 100%. Another move he hasn't used since than that people misinterprete Heroes Rising as despite nothing but arms breaking when 100% breaks everything.

Even with Black Whip reinforcing his arms both internally and externally, Deku broke his arms. He never broke his legs in the war arc and even when his arms were drooping, he could still stand and jump to attack AFO-Shiggy.
He was using 100% kicks against Shigaraki to counteract the force of his own 100% punches and hitting him with it.

There’s also Chisaki.

There’s also Heroes Rising, he used a buttload of 100% kicks to move around and also spin-kicked Nine’s shield at 100% and then kicked Nine in the face at 100%.

Last edited:
You don't have to apologize, Atomic Sekiro uses nothing but bad faith arguments. The idea of MHA getting a significant power boost terrifies him.
Please, stop stalking me and trying to cause drama using my name. If you can’t say anything civil about or with me, then don’t do it.

tbh why tf didnt tomura or AFO take overhuals quirk? are they mental? him and erasure head would be top on the list
It could probably take a lot of training to learn how to use that we don’t know of.

Like, he is /manually/ destroying and then rebuilding something. Imagine trying to heal yourself with it but you accidentally forget to place your lungs back.

Last edited:
In the Nagant fight, we know that after Deku activated Fa Jin, he ran up he steps of that building. This was in the volume extras where Horikoshi revealed Deku's strategy in that fight.

He didn't jump through the building so clearly Deku can use Fa Jin for extended periods of time. It might not have Black Whip's centrifugal force but it's still above 45%.

We also know Black Whip speed >> Shigaraki movement speed. Then adding on Float, Danger Sense, and Smokescreen for sneak attacks and stealth.
We don’t exactly know if he used Fa Jin to run up the steps though. We know he can hold the charge for a few moments, he doesnt need to use it instantly.

I saw it as DEKU running up the stairs normally, peeking out to see Nagant’s location, then using Fa Jin to jump through the roof with speed she can’t react to.

It wasn’t to stir drama at all, and how is it stalking? You throw a 😈 in front of every its pretty well known knowledge.
I’ve been dealing this RidleyX guy for over a year. He always seems to crop up wherever I am, and anytime he talks about me, it’s in an uncivil manner. I’m also pretty sure he‘s this same guy on Reddit constantly replying to my posts whenever I dare say some MHA characters could do pretty well in the OPM verse.

If he can’t refer to me in a civil manner, then I don’t want him to refer to me at all. It’s his choice.

About “Deku catching fire”, can’t this just be seen as an artistic liberty? Like. I know, the movie is canon, but this doesn’t mean everything onscreen should be taken as literal fact.

Does Deku ever move so fast he ignites in the manga? Hell, does /any/ character do that in the manga??

I’m assuming Reflect works by “storing” the attack inside him to be able to “reflect” it at the target he wishes. That’s why he’s holding over his belly for a moment. But he’s still sending out what was put into him. He dishes out what is given.

If he scattered them out to create ”infinite lasers”, each one would be so weak that it’d barely make you feel warm. It’d be less than a light breeze.

285.27 m/s or 979.01 m/s
I remember seeing a jet that looked eerily similar to the one in the chapter, and I recall that it was hypersonic. I forgot which model it was though.

EDIT: It's actually called a stealth air craft, and I'm 99.9% sure it's the one in the chapter.

I’m pretty sure these jets are custom made. They’re not very large if you factor in that Star doesn’t look THAT much bigger than Shigaraki and she’s comparable in size to them.

Depending on the model you mean, real life stealth aircraft are… /pretty/ big.

I remember seeing a jet that looked eerily similar to the one in the chapter, and I recall that it was hypersonic. I forgot which model it was though.

EDIT: It's actually called a stealth air craft, and I'm 99.9% sure it's the one in the chapter.
Ok, but it wont change the tiers much

Y’know, couldn’t we get a rough timeframe for the laser scene by looking at Star’s cape and fragments of broken mask? A piece of her mask is by her hip and her cape is in a slightly different position than when the laser hits her.

At the very least I think it shows that the laser isn’t actually lightspeed, or it’s sustained for a few seconds, since otherwise her cape and mask fragments should be frozen in time from her perspective. It’s being blown by wind.

Y’know, couldn’t we get a rough timeframe for the laser scene by looking at Star’s cape and fragments of broken mask? A piece of her mask is by her hip and her cape is in a slightly different position than when the laser hits her.

At the very least I think it shows that the laser isn’t actually lightspeed, or it’s sustained for a few seconds, since otherwise her cape and mask fragments should be frozen in time from her perspective. It’s being blown by wind.

He reflected back a lot of laser and are supposed to travel at the same speed, so there is that too not sure how that will help

Back