• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

There is a CRT now, but you'd be derailing the purpose of the thread.

You need to post your own CRT.

I’m a little confused.

Therefir made a calc. I want to debunk that calc because I think the feat in question shouldn’t be used to be calced period.

If i get another All Might statement I'm gonna scratch my hair out lmao

There's like 3 strength differences in All Might's whole career so all the statements make you think like "ok but which All Might". Especially with Shigiraki. I don't think SAS knows about AM's injury he got fighting AFO in his prime so she's probably referring to Prime All Might, so she could be as strong as wounded AM.

At this point the percentages don't appear to make him stronger.

But instead show how close he is to fully fusing with AFO's vestige, so I don't believe there's any reason to give a second key.
Idk, it seems like from the end of the chapter he's about to get a power up or something. Guess we'll find out in 2 weeks.

If i get another All Might statement I'm gonna scratch my hair out lmao

There's like 3 strength differences in All Might's whole career so all the statements make you think like "ok but which All Might". Especially with Shigiraki. I don't think SAS knows about AM's injury he got fighting AFO in his prime so she's probably referring to Prime All Might, so she could be as strong as wounded AM.
My All Might Academia

Idk, it seems like from the end of the chapter he's about to get a power up or something. Guess we'll find out in 2 weeks.
I thought you meant for right now, like the Shigaraki who fought Star not their fusion.

Yeah the fusion thing is going to do something and will most likely be a new key if it does.

I thought you meant for right now, like the Shigaraki who fought Star not their fusion.

Yeah the fusion thing is going to do something and will most likely be a new key if it does.
Yeah, the shiggy we saw for 90% of todays chapter looked like the same exact shiggy we saw in the war, except for the part where he wasn't self detonating every five seconds.

And yes i do agree that current Shigiraki isn't any physically stronger than he was in the war arc. He just has more quirks. I do believe his physical strength will increase exponentially at his peak however. Perhaps surpassing Prime All Might's.

As for the laser feat, honestly I know people don't want to hear this, it might be best to wait for the anime version before trying fit some assumptions. Since we can't prove or disprove that she touched the laser before it hit her.

With these clear scans, in the scene where the laser makes contact with her. I can see that she not only said laser, but her arms seem to be outstretched to hold the laser. Though like I said before, we can't prove if she moved before or after she was hit. It might be best to put the feat on hold until the anime version.

Which won't be for a long time, likely Season 7.
How can anyone even talk about waiting for the anime especially after season 5. The anime isn't canon to the manga and it is clear they don't even take Horikoshi's input otherwise small mistakes like hair color or downright changing how Shigaraki dealt with Re-destro's stress bomb would not happen.

The anime sometimes inflates stuff (Nakamura Bakugo cut in Kamino where he admitted he would have Bakugo almost fly to the stratosphere and remember it left people wondering why Bakugo didn't do that from the get go). They cut, add or downright change minor and major stuff that don't need changing.

Deku's slap gets changed into a punch

Endeavor crashes down from the sky and survives on his own when in the manga he is held by the 3 sidekick heroes just before he hits the ground

Whatever the heck was going on in Shigaraki vs Re-destro

At least with the movies, especially Heroes Rising we know Horikoshi had a lot of input. It is not the same for anime where Horikoshi didn't even know about the arc switch-up this season.

We can use the anime, if the manga can't be used.

We already do this for MHA and we do it for many other shows. I've even seen some light novels use the anime in order to calc a feat, since it's impossible in the manga.

Of course if the anime scene contradicts the manga, we will not use that anime scene at all. The feat in question needs to happen in the manga/light novel, and it most be impossible to calc with just the manga. We won't use the anime's distance or anything, we're using it to see "if" Star reacts before the laser hits her.

But if the distance was impossible to measure in the manga, using the anime would be fine. Though we can measure the distance in the manga.

Okay I get it. I guess the easiest way would be just for Horikoshi to say the laser us Lightspeed but most mangakas don't do that. Especially with Horikoshi, he does not give hard numbers on speed

Are we currently assuming the beam is light speed?
Right now it's unknown, but nothing yet contradicts it being light speed until we get the anime version.

If the laser does push Shigaraki off the Nomu, than it will not be seen as lightspeed.

Now let's stop talking about the laser. Let's wait until the anime version comes out, or unless something happens in the manga that shows they aren't lightspeed.

Do these US fighter jets deserve their own profile? Because, like, whatthefuck. These things are monstrously powerful. They can one shot All Might tiers with their lasers if they don’t have regen should they land a hit, and can resist the force of Star jumping off one to punch Shigaraki, have EMP shields and probably something else hidden up their sleeves.

“I can only set new rules for up to two targets at once.”

Huh. That’s a bit different than “I can only set two rules at once”. How many rules could she give to 1 target? Unless I’m misreading this…

Regardless of them being lightspeed, they seem to burn him.

And we've establish that heat ignores durability, as Endeavor basically charcoaled Shigaraki before hand. Since being super stronger and durable doesn't mean you can withstand high heat... Actually it does since all energy produces heat, and producing 7-B levels of energy in your body would make it super hot. But that level of heat would turn everything that person touch into plasma or vaporize it instantly so obviously we ignore that

“I can only set new rules for up to two targets at once.”

Huh. That’s a bit different than “I can only set two rules at once”. How many rules could she give to 1 target? Unless I’m misreading this…
The air returned after she made a third rule on the laser, which means she can only have two rules at a time. First is super strength, second was erasing the air, and third was holding the laser and when she did that the air returned. With Shigaraki noticing that limitation.

The wording there is just really weird.

Also, Star’s punch hits him with enough force to send him flying back despite his Air Cannon flight move, INTO a jet, which then slams into another jet, and the two don’t even seem to get a scratch.

Whathefuck.

I assume that means (from that wording) that she can't set up two rules on one target.

She just sets up two rules at once, one for each target.

I assume that means (from that wording) that she can't set up two rules on one target.

She just sets up two rules at once, one for each target.
The wording is weird, I might take a look at the raws and get another opinion.

She can set rules on 2 targets max. /Rules/. With an S.

1st target, herself, super strength.
2nd was the air.
then the laser hit her.
The laser became the 3rd target, removing the rule on the 2nd target, air.
Then she hit Shigaraki, and applied a rule, removing the Laser rule.

Maybe the original kanji would provide insight, but the way the officials word it, she can set more than 2 rules she just can’t set more her rules on more than 2 targets.

Light Manipulation, that's it I think.

We don't know what heavy payload does besides maybe increasing power.
I believe the MHA wiki has the right idea how his new quirks work
Heavy Payload: Tomura can seemingly increase the amount of damage being dealt.
Reflect: Tomura can reflect attacks back towards his opponents.
Scatter: Tomura can split up projectiles allowing them to scatter all over.

I mean regardless of his AP, his dura scales somewhat to 100%.

And the doctor stated he's not quite on par with All Might, so we know he's weaker.

Endeavor, who's seen All Might fight in Kamino is convinced that Shigaraki's equal to All Might. Aizawa agrees with him as well, so if the doctor is talking about Kamino All Might. Than the difference between them isn't big enough for Endeavor/Aizawa to notice.

The biggest problem is that no one says which All Might they mean.

Back