• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

TheRustyOne

VS Battles
Calculation Group
This calc here has been evaluated. The purpose of this thread is to discuss who is effected by this calc.

While there is the possibility of the word outlier being thrown out, Bakugo in a weaker key has shown High 8-C level explosions before. High 8-C+ and High 8-C, almost a plus sign there. I don't think that an explosion rated a little bit higher than baseline 8-B would be unacceptable rating.

Joint Training Arc Bakugo's AP would upgraded to High 8-C+, up to 8-B with Explosions. Since Howitzer Impact is considered one of his strongest explosions, a super move.

People who should scale are Unbreakable Kirishima (Bakugo and him believes he can withstand his Howitzer), Rappa (Can break Unbreakable Kirishima's arms in one punch), Fat Gum (Can take several dozens of hits from Rappa), Sugar Rush Sato (Can break Bakugo's Bracers, which can withstand his explosions without damage), and Chimera (One hit KO'd Sugar Rush Sato).

Edit: A new calc was made and evaluated, so now the people I mentioned above will scale to that.

Edit Again: The above calc was rejected, so it will not be used.

However this calc (10.51 Tons) will be used to scale Bakugo and those comparable to him at High 8-C+.

Those who are stronger than Bakugo will upscale to Baseline 8-B, which is 11 Tons.

Last edited:
Not sure if the feat should be applied. It's based off of a one off comment that has no further support from the text for it. Sato doesn't really know Bakugo well or his capabilities. I don't think he counts as someone who can properly gauge Bakugo's strength..

They've all seen Bakugo's full power during the sports festival, he used Howitzer Impact in front of everyone.

And they've even seen his grenade bracers used as well, so I imagine he's basing that comment off what he knows of Bakugo. He isn't some random person, he's Bakugo's classmate and they all train together.

And Bakugo doesn't use Howitzer at all, he's shown to just use rapid explosions against Kirishima, and it isn't like it is impossible for him. He's shown to capability to perform feats, in front of the class, that are close enough to this rating. Considering how it is framed, I think it's a reasonable assumption to say that he really could.

If he had used Howitzer and the building was fine then yeah his comment would be wrong, but I don't see any contradictions and its very likely to be true based on previous feats.

Last edited:
The difference between this feat and the ones already shown in the OP is over two times, that's nowhere close to being close enough in rating. Not to mention, that we have no other feats to support the feat that you calced based off of one character's opinion. By this point in the story, Bakugo is still only close to Kirishima with the likes of Midoriya or one of the teachers being the ones who would be anywhere close to knowing the full extent of Bakugo's power. Not to mention, just because you've seen a powerful explosion that doesn't mean you understand just how powerful at is.

I don't think there's enough support in text for this feat to be applied.

Last edited:
I disagree, I believe there is enough support for this.

Bakugo's full power has been shown to these people multiple times, and his feats in a weaker key are High 8-C+ so slightly more than baseline 8-B is perfectly reasonable. And all of them know that he's gotten stronger, since he yells that stuff out all the time.

Kirishima clearly agrees with Sato as well, since he was fine with Bakugo using Howitzer on him but he never does and doesn't complain about it. Which meant Sato was able to convince them to not use it, because the blast would destroy the building.

Ever since we got the revised size of the Sports Festival Stadium, has anyone tried calculating the Howitzer Impact from when he destroyed Todoroki’s Heaven Piercing Ice Wall?

Also, this seems ok, though it’s weird it’s coming just from a statement. Logically, however, yes, Sato knows Bakugo’s power and is genuinely scared that he’ll destroy the building, as that is a running theme with the class when it comes to Bakugo.

Neutral. I'm kinda wary, as it's based on one statement, and that the destruction of a building can happen by just destroying enough of it to make the building crumble down, kinda like the explosion from the KD/Six fight that collapsed a building. Partial building destruction may also be referred to as destroying a building in some cases.
But I agree that Class 1-A are all well aware of how strong Bakugo's explosions are so Sato's statement holds ground.
So yeah, neutral (and wishes that there are more feats/statements that would collaborate with this possible upgrade somehow).

Ever since we got the revised size of the Sports Festival Stadium, has anyone tried calculating the Howitzer Impact from when he destroyed Todoroki’s Heaven Piercing Ice Wall?

Also, this seems ok, though it’s weird it’s coming just from a statement. Logically, however, yes, Sato knows Bakugo’s power and is genuinely scared that he’ll destroy the building, as that is a running theme with the class when it comes to Bakugo.
That's a good question honestly.

I'll try my best with calculating that explosion.

This seems like more of a "Possibly" rating tbh, since the actual feat that is being calced never takes place.

Also, why is 90% hollowness being assumed when we can see the interior of the building and we can see directly that it is primarily just a big, empty room? Shouldn't we be calculating the actualy volume of the walls and not a volume of a big cube than subtracting 90% away from it?

I'm not in favor of this calc being used.

Is... is that not the standard for calculating buildings? A lot of calcs do this in order to get the volume of a building.

A quick search gives me a wall thickness of 10 inches (25.4 cm) for concrete buildings, and the surface area of the building is 145611044 cm^2.

Volume = 145611044 x 25.4 = 3698520517.6 cm^3

Energy = 3698520517.6 x 6 = 22191123105.6 Joules, 5.30 Tons of TNT (Large Building level)

Do you prefer this?

Also do you think you can take a look at these two calcs when you have the time?

One is Bakugo's Howitzer Impact from the festival and the second being an explosion from the movie.

Also, why is 90% hollowness being assumed when we can see the interior of the building and we can see directly that it is primarily just a big, empty room? Shouldn't we be calculating the actualy volume of the walls and not a volume of a big cube than subtracting 90% away from it?

I'm not in favor of this calc being used.
This is how calcs having to do with buildings have always been done, though.

This is how calcs having to do with buildings have always been done, though.
It's the case for most building calcs when we don't know how much of the interior space is actually hollow, but in this case we see the interior of the builder and we know it's one big hollow space.

Well, regardless of the method, the people that would scale to this particular calc would be Kirishima in unbreakable, Rappa and Fat Gum. So it doesn’t really do much to the overall scaling.

Ah, Sato and Chimera scale as well.

And it’s not an inconsistency for Sato to scale because he’s worried about the building not himself.

Also, would we label this “Up to 8-B with Explosion” or “8-B with Howitzer Impact” ? Assuming the other calcs are accepted

Up to 8-B with Explosions, because Howitzer is just his strongest blast with an added spin.

I'm currently getting a sandbox ready.

Also, given what I’m seeing with the other calcs…

The one from the movie isn’t a Howitzer. It’s just his strongest blasts, as shown by him cringing in pain afterwards. These are the blasts that hurt him to do, but he can still withstand them.

Now please stop me if I’m saying something wrong, but;

That would upgrade Bakugo’s durability to 8-B in the Joint Training Arc, which then impacts 8% Deku, which upgrades… quite a few characters from High 8-C+ to baseline 8-B.

A High 8-C+ can withstand those blast with minimal damage right?

The movie calc is High 8-C+, the manga calc is 8-B. The Sports Festival Howitzer Impact.

No surprises that it is a movie calc...
Damage, it’s a difference of 3 tons, pls let us have this
A High 8-C+ can withstand those blast with minimal damage right?

The movie calc is High 8-C+, the manga calc is 8-B. The Sports Festival Howitzer Impact.
Well, we scale Bakugo’s durability from withstanding the recoil of his explosions. So, via the movie calc (10.51 tons), his durability would revolve around that for his first key, then 5% would scale to hurting him, with 8% being stronger than 5%.

Baseline 8-B starts at 11 tons. It’s a 1.04x difference.

Out of curiosity, has Bakugo ever been harmed by an attack less powerful than his explosions?

I'm not certain, Bakugo is hurt by these blast so he shouldn't scale fully to them.

Also unless I'm mistaking, didn't 5% Izuku had his shoulder pop from using Bakugo's Bracers?

I know the anime has that as Base Izuku, but we can't tell in the manga since Full Cowl isn't consistently drawn. (Sometimes the electricity is there and sometimes it isn't) And logically it wouldn't make sense for Izuku to turn Full Cowl off while fighting All Might, in fact the purpose of Full Cowl was to avoid turning it off and on repeatedly.

I'm not certain, Bakugo is hurt by these blast so he shouldn't scale fully to them.

Also unless I'm mistaking, didn't 5% Izuku had his shoulder pop from using Bakugo's Bracers?

I know the anime has that as Base Izuku, but we can't tell in the manga since Full Cowl isn't consistently drawn. (Sometimes the electricity is there and sometimes it isn't) And logically it wouldn't make sense for Izuku to turn Full Cowl off while fighting All Might, in fact the purpose of Full Cowl was to avoid turning it off and on repeatedly.
Actually, he did not have Full Cowl on in the manga, I just checked.

Also, 5% Deku can make Bakugo bleed with a kick to the face.

There isn't anything to prove that, he isn't drawn with electricity in one panel but will be in the next.

There isn't any reason for Izuku to not have Full Cowl in that scene, I checked it as well.

It makes no sense for him to purposefully make himself slower.

Both 5% Izuku and Bakugo are stronger than they were during the final exam arc, when they fought each other.

There isn't anything to prove that, he isn't drawn with electricity in one panel but will be in the next.

There isn't any reason for Izuku to not have Full Cowl in that scene, I checked it as well.

It makes no sense for him to purposefully make himself slower.

Both 5% Izuku and Bakugo are stronger than they were during the final exam arc.
The point wasn’t to make himself slower, he just needed to be in position and blast All Might before running away. Bakugo was a distraction so he could do that without All Might noticing.

And no, he never has the Lightning on. So unless the lightning is there, he does not have full cowl activated.

It’s actually stranger in the manga, because at least in the anime, he turns full cowl on to run away. But he kinda just starts running away without it before it suddenly is on in chapter 65.

I heavily doubt Horikoshi just forgot to put the lightning on him when he has never forgotten to do that before.

He started running alongside Bakugo right after that (Who is using explosions to move) and still had no lightning, so Base Izuku can keep up with Bakugo now?

There are multiple panels in this fight where his electricity just disappears and reappears, clearly he either forgets or doesn't think it is important.

At one point, only one of his arm has lightning on it. When All Might is holding him and pinning Bakugo.

He started running alongside Bakugo right after that (Who is using explosions to move) and still had no lightning, so Base Izuku can keep up with Bakugo now?

There are multiple panels in this fight where his electricity just disappears and reappears, clearly he either forgets or doesn't think it is important.

At one point, only one of his arm has lightning on it. When All Might is holding him and pinning Bakugo.
That seems to be the only scene where full cowl acts strangely in the entire encounter with All Might. Other than him localizing it to his arm (something we know he can do but is very weird for him to do here?) he doesn’t drop full cowl when it comes up unless something happens to him. And it stays very consistent all throughout the fight.

Are there any instances I’m not seeing?

So for the purpose of his arm being dislocated, that was very clearly meant to be his base.

And if the manga is so inconsistent, we can just use the anime which frames it far more clearly and consistently to my knowledge.

Also, he probably turned on full cowl in order TO keep up. At least in the manga.

In the anime he turns it on immediately rather than… waiting to turn it on?

The manga does have some strange sequences of events.

The anime contradicts the manga, so it can't be used. Since it shows him activating Full Cowl before running with Bakugo, but the manga shows no electricity.

Manga will always take precedent over the anime if the two contradict each other.

It isn't clearly meant to be his base, Izuku has literally no reason to turn Full Cowl off. He's making himself slower for no reason, against All Might he'll needs all of the speed he can manage. I'm positive the scene is suppose to be 5% Izuku, since Base makes zero sense in this context.

The answer is simple, Horikoshi is human and makes mistakes. Lets not make this overcomplicated, he has no reason to turn it off.

Izuku just decided he didn't like Full Cowl anymore? When Bakugo throws Izuku he doesn't have any electricity, but he suddenly does while in the air. Also Bakugo is scaling to the recoil he feels from the Gauntlet, which shouldn't be equal to the force of his blast. Since the Gauntlets are meant to let him unleash his most powerful explosions, without any risk to himself.

And a High 8-C character withstanding the recoil from a 10 Ton with some pain is perfectly reasonable.

Rikido Sato worry was about the building being taken down, instead of everyone being engulfed by the explosion. The entire building being bombed away in one swoop is a higher end interpretation, and out of character for Bakugo since his Eijiro Kirishima is his only target and it is excessive to kill a dozen or more classmate over a friendly spar.
The statement seems to suggest a chain reaction rather than an attack with an AoE that covers the entire building; something like the Howitzer Impact destroying a section of the wall, and making the building vulnerable to collapsing on its own weight.

The anime contradicts the manga, so it can't be used. Since it shows him activating Full Cowl before running with Bakugo, but the manga shows no electricity.

Manga will always take precedent over the anime if the two contradict each other.

It isn't clearly meant to be his base, Izuku has literally no reason to turn Full Cowl off. He's making himself slower for no reason, against All Might he'll needs all of the speed he can manage. I'm positive the scene is suppose to be 5% Izuku, since Base makes zero sense in this context.

The answer is simple, Horikoshi is human and makes mistakes. Lets not make this overcomplicated, he has no reason to turn it off.

Izuku just decided he didn't like Full Cowl anymore? When Bakugo throws Izuku he doesn't have any electricity, but he suddenly does while in the air. Also Bakugo is scaling to the recoil he feels from the Gauntlet, which shouldn't be equal to the force of his blast. Since the Gauntlets are meant to let him unleash his most powerful explosions, without any risk to himself.

And a High 8-C character withstanding the recoil from a 10 Ton with some pain is perfectly reasonable.
How does the anime contradict the manga if it’s fixing a mistake Horikoshi made?

You have no reasoning at all to assume that isn’t base Deku using the gauntlet. He never had full cowl on before he came out to blast All Might. He hopped out of the shadows, hit him, then ran away. The only inconsistency with that is him not having FC on when he ran away, which is shown to be on the next time we see them, implying he turned it on to keep up with Bakugo.

He turned on Full Cowl mid air because he was getting tossed with little to no warning. Is he supposed to just have full cowl on 24/7 when he’s still new to using it? He didn’t even always have full cowl on all the time during fights in the current manga before he went villain hunter mode.

If the manga is unclear or has a form of contradiction, then we can use the anime. I don’t believe there is ANY contradiction within the manga, but since you clearly believe there is because of your own view that Deku should have had full cowl on when he was doing a sneak attack, then you should be using the anime to back up your claim.

Both canon disagree with you. He does not have full cowl on when he pulls the pin on Bakugo’s Grenade. That was not a mistake on Horikoshi’s part to not draw the lightning, which he has been incredibly consistent with drawing in nearly EVERY OTHER PANEL of the manga.

He did not need full cowl to pull the pin and launch a sneak attack. If anything, the anime is more accurate to have him turn it on to run away. There is no contradiction unless you can prove that Horikoshi made a mistake during the scene of him pulling the pin.

Back