• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

As for the laser feat, honestly I know people don't want to hear this, it might be best to wait for the anime version before trying fit some assumptions. Since we can't prove or disprove that she touched the laser before it hit her.

With these clear scans, in the scene where the laser makes contact with her. I can see that she not only said laser, but her arms seem to be outstretched to hold the laser. Though like I said before, we can't prove if she moved before or after she was hit. It might be best to put the feat on hold until the anime version.

Which won't be for a long time, likely Season 7.

Also it was the laser she affected with the rule, not herself. So she probably can't add a new rule to herself without sacrificing her strength.
She can't make three rules, when she held the laser the air returned. Her previous rule probably gets removed if she tries to use a third one.

As for the laser feat, honestly I know people don't want to hear this, it might be best to wait for the anime version before trying fit some assumptions. Since we can't prove or disprove that she touched the laser before it hit her.

With these clear scans, in the scene where the laser makes contact with her. I can see that she not only said laser, but her arms seem to be outstretched to hold the laser. Though like I said before, we can't prove if she moved before or after she was hit. It might be best to put the feat on hold until the anime version.

Which won't be for a long time, likely Season 7.
cries in Hypersonic

I was more stating that the fan translation worded it that she affected herself to allow her to hold the laser; "I can hold lasers." While the offical worded it that she affected the lasers to make it so she can hold it; "the laser is holdable."

I’d say the laser hit her first, but it’s a sustained laser for at least a second. It slams into her, and then she speaks.

Also the lasers have mass so it’s not lightspeed even if it was a valid feat.

Also, also… aim react.

Also, also, also, Deku two heroes bullet feat no valid-o imo.

Ever played Dark Souls, anyone? Star “caught” the laser by most likely paying attention to Shigaraki’s telegraph, the same way they dodged his Air Blast + Radio Waves. He IS a GAMER afterall, and the second final boss. He needs to act as such.

Also the lasers have mass so it’s not lightspeed even if it was a valid feat.
We already debunked you on that Shigaraki thing.

Though since it is a manga we cannot be certain, Shigaraki was in the air because the Nomu was falling. We see him get separated from it just a little before he gets hit by the lasers. We know it's falling because of how his cape/hair is rising up. And the speed lines going vertically across. She also had no idea Shigaraki had a Quirk to reflect lasers, he also makes no pointing motion or anything. They just turn back after he activates his Quirk.

Atomic, I suggest we both drop this. I will not respond to anything you say regarding this since discussion is pointless until the anime version came out.

I was more stating that the fan translation worded it that she affected herself to allow her to hold the laser; "I can hold lasers." While the offical worded it that she affected the lasers to make it so she can hold it; "the laser is holdable."
She obviously effected the laser even in the other translation because she said the laser's name. Not her own name, her Quirk works by touching something and saying the name. She would've said her name had she apply the rule on herself.

We already debunked you on that Shigaraki thing.

Though since it is a manga we cannot be certain, Shigaraki was in the air because the Nomu was falling. We see him get separated from it just a little before he gets hit by the lasers. We know it's falling because of how his cape/hair is rising up. And the speed lines going vertically across.

Atomic, I suggest we both drop this. I will not respond to anything you say regarding this since discussion is pointless until the anime version came out.
1. No you didn’t.

2. He is not falling. They are in the middle of the Star in every frame. His cape is rising due to… /wind/. They’re MILES in the air. It gets pretty windy up there. The “speed lines” are to show intensify; he’s literally suffocating and dying.

3. Okay, then stop responding to me. I’ve debunked the feat. Accept it.

2. He is not falling. They are in the middle of the Star in every frame. His cape is rising due to… /wind/. They’re MILES in the air. It gets pretty windy up there. The “speed lines” are to show intensify; he’s literally suffocating and dying.

What wind? There's no air.

She obviously effected the laser even in the other translation because she said the laser's name. Not her own name, her Quirk works by touching something and saying the name. She would've said her name had she apply the rule on herself.
She never said “laser”, though, until after it hit her with “The laser is holdable!”

Last edited:
She said laser on the same panel she is hit, look closer.

You can't tell if she did it before or after though, since it is a manga.

His hair hasn’t /fallen/ from when it WAS being blown by the wind. AKA, momentum.

Even if they are falling, which isn’t proven, they’d be falling the exact same speed due to physics. When the lasers hit, he’s off the Nomu, meaning they at least at minimum “pinned” him in place or pushed him back enough to seperate the two.

She said laser on the same panel she is hit, look closer.

You can't tell if she did it before or after though, since it is a manga.
No, she didn’t. That’s a sound effect bubble. We have seen them before. We can tell it’s not her saying it since there’s no USA flag, unlike when she says SHIGARAKI TOMURA.

No, she didn’t. That’s a sound effect bubble. We have seen them before. We can tell it’s not her saying it since there’s no USA flag, unlike when she says SHIGARAKI TOMURA.
No it isn't, there's a line pointing to her to show she is speaking.

Either way you can't prove against that and I can't truly prove for it until the anime version.

No it isn't, there's a line pointing to her to show she is speaking.

Either way you can't prove against that and I can't truly prove for it until the anime version.
It’s pointing to the laser, because it’s the sound effect of the laser.

Yes I CAN prove against it; there’s no USA flag behind the words, which appears when she says the name of what she wants to effect. She have seen an identical sound effect bubble before.

Why would she say laser twice?

”LASER! The LASER is holdable!”

No you can't, you serious can't just let this go because you have to be right and everyone else has to be wrong. She also has to say the name before giving a command, she can't give a command and say its name in the command.

If the anime version has her say laser before being hit, are you going to still be in denial. I know if it shows her reacting after she is hit, I'll accept that I was wrong with grace. Since I know I'm not always right and I can misread things, I'm not perfect.

Edit: Apologies, that was disrespectful of me. Please ignore my rude behavior up above.

It’s pointing to the laser, because it’s the sound effect of the laser.

Yes I CAN prove against it; there’s no USA flag behind the words, which appears when she says the name of what she wants to effect. She have seen an identical sound effect bubble before.

Why would she say laser twice?

”LASER! The LASER is holdable!”
Dude, she does the same thing with the air and Tomura Shigaraki....

No you can't, you serious can't just let this go because you have to be right and everyone else has to be wrong. She also has to say the name before giving a command, she can't give a command and say its name in the command.

If the anime version has her say laser before being hit, are you going to still be in denial. I know if it shows her reacting after she is hit, I'll accept that I was wrong with grace. Since I know I'm not always right and I can misread things, I'm not perfect.
The anime isn’t needed because he literally see the laser slam into her before she activates her quirk.

The lasers have mass. They bend. They don’t act like light.

I want to debunk that Two Heroes bullet calc but I’d like to overlay the images I have to make it easier to see my point and enforce my own debunk to myself, but I don’t have the technology. I am noob.

Back