• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

In the same movie he moves so fast that he ignites himself. So consistency if you need that.
After showing his lightning “flair up”, suggesting a brief boost in % to an unknown degree. We can’t know what % he went to. But not even All Might suddenly ignited in the same scene, so… its just a strange “in the movie to be cool and looks cool”, which is why I don’t take every movie scene as 100%, pure, canonical, literal fact.

After showing his lightning “flair up”, suggesting a brief boost in % to an unknown degree. We can’t know what % he went to. But not even All Might suddenly ignited in the same scene, so… its just a strange “in the movie to be cool and looks cool”, which is why I don’t take every movie scene as 100%, pure, canonical, literal fact.
At these points Deku is only capable of accessing 5%, the flair up was a stylistic effect for the scene. All you can argue against this is Deku was going plus ultra which is an in-universe concept.
When something has been shown once it doesn’t have to be shown at every instance of a character’s existence. Its already been addressed they are capable of this, if not necessary it doesn’t have to be shown again.

You said nothing new.

We don’t see a bullet.
We don’t see any bullets.
We see Orange lines which represent SOME bullets; not all the bullets, so calcing off them is impossible.

The gun falls in normal speed, showing the whole scene is in real time. Unless you’re arbitrarily saying Deku can go “super speed mode” between frames even though he’s using 5% the whole time? Where is your proof for this??

Again, we don’t see a bullet. We see 0 bullets. There is nothing valid to be calced here.

At these points Deku is only capable of accessing 5%, the flair up was a stylistic effect for the scene. All you can argue against this is Deku was going plus ultra which is an in-universe concept.
When something has been shown once it doesn’t have to be shown at every instance of a character’s existence. Its already been addressed they are capable of this, if not necessary it doesn’t have to be shown again.
“The flair up was a stylistic effect for the scene.”

Ditto, but with “Deku catching fire”. Just a stylistic effect for the scene. :) If he was truly catching fire, why are his clothes fine? Oh, right. His clothes are conveniently fireproof I guess.

You said nothing new.

We don’t see a bullet.
We don’t see any bullets.
We see Orange lines which represent SOME bullets; not all the bullets, so calcing off them is impossible.

The gun falls in normal speed, showing the whole scene is in real time. Unless you’re arbitrarily saying Deku can go “super speed mode” between frames even though he’s using 5% the whole time? Where is your proof for this??

Again, we don’t see a bullet. We see 0 bullets. There is nothing valid to be calced here.
We de see bullets, the bullets are the orange lines. Not sure why its hard to conceive this .
Again, you stated Deku kicked the guard’s gun which means a strong force was applied onto it. It’s not moving at a normal rate of speed.

To keep from clogging the chat with useless argument you can message me on the website or move over to discord

We de see bullets, the bullets are the orange lines. Not sure why its hard to conceive this .
Again, you stated Deku kicked the guard’s gun which means a strong force was applied onto it. It’s not moving at a normal rate of speed.

To keep from clogging the chat with useless argument you can message me on the website or move over to discord
We don’t see bullets. We see orange lines representing SOME bullets. Not sure why it’s so hard to conceive this.

That logic would only apply to its horizontal speed, yet it’s bounced off the wall and now falls at the speed of gravity as it should. Deku didn’t kick it downwards.

No, you can just stop replying. I won’t reply after this either. I’ve said what I said and what I said debunked the “feat”, you just keep bringing it about in a circle.

you haven’t debunked the feat at all, literally just taking my statements and switching the sides without properly addressing my argument. When you resort to trolling on that level that says something about your argumentation. But if you’re done you can go again in the CRT rusty will make.

It’d probably make more sense to calc Deku’s speed in the feat by calcing the speed of the gun dropping (speed of gravity, y’know) and Deku’s movement to that gun, since he consistently stays at the same speed during the whole scene and there’s no noticeable slowdown or slowmotion used.

Either way, it’s not bullet timing, nor “moving comparable to the bullets”, as we see no bullets.

I’d actually accept the calc if we saw each individual bullet and Deku actually perceiving and moving as they are in motion, but we see neither. We see a guard with poor aim missing his shots and Deku moving faster than the firing line, and some orange lines showcasing the firing line of some bullets, but not all.

Last edited:
Yall ever just be making a blog on mobile and since you’re limited and a dumbass you take over an hour to do it, as you finish you go try to find the speed tier of the feat and when you click on the link taking you to the speed page, the fandom app resets and deletes all your progress. Feels bad

Someone can try calculating this feat instead if its possible. It may end up supporting Deku's current ratings or disproving it.
Izuku put his arm up before the second shot, Wolfram shoots twice.

Before the first shot fired David kicks Wolfram's arm away and causes it to miss, he shoots Izuku again who has already put his arm up to block his shot.

There is nothing to calculate there.

Izuku put his arm up before the second shot, Wolfram shoots twice.

Before the first shot fired David kicks Wolfram's arm away and causes it to miss, he shoots Izuku again who has already put his arm up to block his shot.

There is nothing to calculate there.
Hey rusty what do you think of using fragmentation for Bakugo destroying Todoroki’s ice? I’ve done a recent calc on it, what do you think about using this?

I have no opinion, since I don't know how to find the volume of that ice myself.

So I don't know if your method is correct or not.

Last edited:
Hello. So I saw this thread and wanted to ask something. So it's stated that Stars and Stripes has super strength yet its "incomparable" to All Might. Do you think this is the upmost limit of her quirk or she simply didn't use a method that would go past All Mights strength? I've seen discussions about this on other sites so I was wondering what you guys think..
Use Spoiler tags man, the chapter isn't out yet.. We have no way of knowing, I doubt her Quirk has no limits so I personally imagine she can't, but like I said there isn't a way to know for certain unless the series tells us.

Something interesting to note about the “Deku dodge bullets” scene is that every second frame is actually a duplicate, just with the muzzle flash of the gun gone.

These images are single frames apart.

I don’t think the scene should be valid considering how inconsistent it is. The guard can be seen firing another shot in the second image, yet there’s no bullets to be found, no orange lines. Interesting to note for sure, but I’m sure someone will make a conveniently explain why this is irrelevant and “debunks nothing” I’m sure.

Because unless we just conveniently ignore the haunted muzzle flash and it’s disappearing bullets, would it not debunk this calc? https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:Therefir/My_Hero_Academia:_Bullet_Dodge based off the image he uses for the calc.

Last edited:

These images are 2 frames apart each (if I remember right) to account for the muzzle flash of the gun. Every 2nd frame is actually a duplicate of the first, just with no muzzle flash.

Can someone do me a huge favour and overlay these images in such a way that we can clearly see the orange lines? I want to see how closely they actually match up to eachother. I’d do it myself but I don’t have the technology.

I guess I’ll be ignored. Someone link me to the CRT when it appears, so i can copy paste my “Deku dodge bullets” debunk for that calc for a feat which has been brought up so many times yet each time what truly is happening in the scene is ignored.

“I should’ve made the kill, sorry…”

- Gran Torino on his hospital bed to DEKU.

This implies that Gran Torino figured he could kill Shigaraki. Torino should know the power of AM better than anyone as he’s fought with him and trained him, and fought alongside him against AFO. He should be upgraded to at least mountain level AP due to this. /s.

/s intensities.

They mean Bakugo's Powers and Abilities are all gone
My bad, did that by mistake since I had to remove those things when I put it in my sandbox since the tabbers weren't working right.

Edit: Should be fixed.

I'm pretty sure bullets bounce off of him too so he clearly isn't much faster than they are, if at all.
I guess /logically/ he should be able to just tank the bullets. I don’t see assault rifles doing much to someone who can get slammed by 2 massive steel tentacles slamming into eachother and fall into a helicopter pad hard enough to crack it in many pieces. But hey, “anime logic”, Mirio could hurt a stronger Deku, who he himself can be hurt by bullets.

But all in all… Deku isn’t outpacing, nor dodging, nor outspeeding, nor keeping pace with the machine gun fire. In any way. People want to refuse this tho and continuously bring up the feat again and again in the hopes one day it stays, until someone else makes even even more outlandish calc for it and the entire thing gets removed again.

Can someone please overlay those images in my imgur link a few replies above? I don’t have the capacity to do it. I want to do it because it would show how inconsistent the “bullets“ (aka, orange lines) are and invalidate the calc because they’re just /too inconsistent/.

At least that gives us some kind of cap to work with for her strength scaling.

Also it was the laser she affected with the rule, not herself. So she probably can't add a new rule to herself without sacrificing her strength.

Back