• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

They react to "electrical based attacks" fired by other characters

This isn't mach 300+ or even mach 1

Here's Aang also getting pinned down by arrows and captured by a freaking net

Lightning timing my ass....lightning based attacks aren't any faster than Kaminari's electrical attacks that both Tokoyami and Ibara reacted to.
bruh , amon dodged lightning from the fire guy not mako point blank... zuko also caught his dads lightning and azulas... azula caught zukos in the comic, aang dodged multiple of them vs ozai.. are you crazy? smh they blitz MHA

bruh , amon dodged lightning from the fire guy not mako point blank... zuko also caught his dads lightning and azulas... azula caught zukos in the comic, aang dodged multiple of them vs ozai.. are you crazy? smh they blitz MHA
Nah come on. Zuko ran in front of Azula’s lighting. Is he MHS in travel speed? There’s also Naga intercepting attacks people like Tenzin struggle with and get tagged by. MHS Polar Beardog? MHS cars?

Last edited:
LMAO. I don't get why electrical attacks get tagged as lightning speed just cause they are called "lightning". At the end of the day electricity or lightning generated by human characters isn't under the same conditions as lightning that actually grant it its speed.

Nah come on. Zuko ran in front of Azula’s lighting. Is he MHS in travel speed? There’s also Naga intercepting attacks people like Tenzin struggle with and get tagged by. MHS Polar Beardog? MHS cars?
i can literally say the same for naruto being ftl yet getting hit my kunais.. cmon now he and sasuke... u cant use things like that for an anti feat cuz that happens all the time... its literally happening now... tomura cant even react to deku who wasnt even mhs yet and some how hes ftl? also the animals in avatar are mixed and clearly not normal ones

i can literally say the same for naruto being ftl yet getting hit my kunais.. cmon now he and sasuke... u cant use things like that for an anti feat cuz that happens all the time... its literally happening now... tomura cant even react to deku who wasnt even mhs yet and some how hes ftl? also the animals in avatar are mixed and clearly not normal ones
Naruto characters literally have super strength along with super speed dude. I’d imagine a kunai tossed by someone who can break solid rock would travel pretty darn fast aside from that most of the characters don’t even run at ftl speeds or even react that fast. The ones who do or could have never been tagged by a kunai from a fodder ninja.

How is Tomura ftl he never reacted to anything that fast and was slower than 100% attacks which would upscale from SnS.

I don’t think I need to explain why MHS animals in avatar makes no sense. Unless you think MHS cars and travel speed makes sense.

Kunai are still weapons thrown by powerful characters. If someone even with country level strength throws a projectile you can imagine how fast it is.

It isn't the same as trying to give Zuko lightning speed movement which literally breaks the verse. We know in universe Zuko is not that fast compared to other characters or vehicles. If Zuko has lightning speed for running and intercepting Azula's attack, then literally everything and everyone in Avatar including the vehicles, animals, etc has to be near that speed.

Why doesn't the Dragon Ball thread get action like this?
Also, after taking a cursory glance at the feat, I got 8% of the speed of light.

meh last thing.. avatar got multiple mhs reactions and outpacing so ya you can scream "cars this and bears thats" dont change nothing... anywho people above are right lets get back to mha

meh last thing.. avatar got multiple mhs reactions and outpacing so ya you can scream "cars this and bears thats" dont change nothing... anywho people above are right lets get back to mha
Yeah I’m sure it’s got plenty of definitive feats that doesn’t break the story.

where was the comment but someone said... stars reacted and no she didnt leme get the picture
1- heres her literally getting hit by it http://prntscr.com/1wf41dd
2- Then while its still hitting her as it should, its a beam its gonna keep going.. she touches on to it and gives it a rule http://prntscr.com/1wf42vc
Let’s wait for the officials.

They don't and that universe at best is sonic speed (no where near hypersonic) guns would absolutely obliterate that universe

The next time someone brings up a "well he dodged lightning" argument and it's just an electrical based attack

Then best case scenario they're only about as fast as Ibara was as she also blocked an electrical based attack from Kaminari

There isn't a single reason, not one on why any electrical based attack would be any faster than Kaminari's shock would be....

The next time someone brings up a "well he dodged lightning" argument and it's just an electrical based attack

Then best case scenario they're only about as fast as Ibara was as she also blocked an electrical based attack from Kaminari

There isn't a single reason, not one on why any electrical based attack would be any faster than Kaminari's shock would be....

atleast in avataR we KNOW bending is natural , we dont know is kaminari lightnign is natural. anywho we can take this into replies

atleast in avataR we KNOW bending is natural , we dont know is kaminari lightnign is natural. anywho we can take this into replies
Doesn't matter, electricity is electricity, both follow the path of least resistance, if anything Kaminari's attack would be faster since it's an AOE attack (hence the name indiscriminate shock)

Unless lightning comes straight from the clouds there's zero reason to believe its fast, we don't know how fast the lightning is from lightning bending either.

Doesn't matter, electricity is electricity, both follow the path of least resistance, if anything Kaminari's attack would be faster since it's an AOE attack (hence the name indiscriminate shock)

Unless lightning comes straight from the clouds there's zero reason to believe its fast, we don't know how fast the lightning is from lightning bending ei
honest question , is all lightning same speed? im not even sure but for fake/real ?

wait a min i think i found a full debunk... stars quirk rule is super strength sooo without that shes just a normal human so how tf she gonna react to that? the 2nd rule was that SHE could hold lasers so its a rule on her self and NOT the lasers.

wait a min i think i found a full debunk... stars quirk rule is super strength sooo without that shes just a normal human so how tf she gonna react to that? the 2nd rule was that SHE could hold lasers so its a rule on her self and NOT the lasers.
That’s why we’re waiting for officials.

Also mark your spoilers

wait a min i think i found a full debunk...

How do you know how fast her "base speed" is ?

If the second rule is that she can hold the laser she still has to be fast enough to catch it before it hits her and completely disperses/reflects

She states (as far as we know) "The laser will be held by me" Not "I'm going to make myself fast enough to react to the laser"

So, what? Did she touch the beam, shout out its name and her rule, then grab it all within the timeframe before it dispersed? Is she, like, Massively FTL? It would be funny as hell if My Hero had a MFTL feat before the original Dragon Ball did instead of relying on something like multipliers.

If afo and shigaraki really are merging then this character should get ftl in speed because he's obviously going to stomp her no matter what.

i really wish people would stop throwing around "ftl" all willy nilly when lasers are involved
i understand why people on the outside would assume that, but on the vs battles forums?

There is a few good reasons. Kaminari can’t exactly control the direction of his shock. His attacks don’t go from A to B, they go all over the place and reach their target /eventually/.

Nevermind the fact that no one has actually reacted to his electricity or moved at the same speed as it. Anime scenes don’t count, because... It’s the anime. It’s not the canon source.

There is a few good reasons. Kaminari can’t exactly control the direction of his shock. His attacks don’t go from A to B, they go all over the place and reach their target /eventually/.

Nevermind the fact that no one has actually reacted to his electricity or moved at the same speed as it. Anime scenes don’t count, because... It’s the anime. It’s not the canon source.
Anime is canon by extension as it ties into the movie which ties into the manga

Also Kaminari being unable to control his electricity would actually make it faster. Electricity always follows the path of least resistance, an electrical based attack (like in Avatar) would not following the path of least resistance as its directly aimed and fired and would actually be slower than electricity that's free flowing.

Anime is canon by extension as it ties into the movie which ties into the manga

Also Kaminari being unable to control his electricity would actually make it faster. Electricity always follows the path of least resistance, an electrical based attack (like in Avatar) would not following the path of least resistance as its directly aimed and fired and would actually be slower than electricity that's free flowing.
Anime isn’t canon over the manga. So, no. It’s an adaptation.

A nice headcanon, but that’s not what we’re shown. “Path of least resistance” means very little, he can’t control the direction. Anyone who has “dodged” it either didn’t dodge it or was aim dodging.

Back