• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

Actually true, wtf

Why does America always have the best shit in this verse and we never go there.
True. We also never get to see shit from other countries especially China and Europe. Japan might really benefit getting stuff from them and learning what they do.

Ah, I see even the introduction of quirks wasn’t enough for them to finally stop spending trillions on the military.

Honestly that probably boosted it.
The US and China might be far richer than ours considering there can be quirks to maximize wealth.

image0.jpg
Ngl this had me dying

“Given the nature and the scene and the context” = “given my headcanon and the scene and the stuff I made up.”

Dont do that. Instead of trying to understand what someone is saying and at least making a proper statement against it you just go off and troll which is why NO ONE here tales you seriously. Grow up

Both of you, stop your confrontational attitude towards each other.

Just read the chapter....good lord she's stupid strong with that quirk. Now let's see how stupid is the way she loses is that matters now

There should be a rule: “if a character isn’t shown reacting to an attack while that attack is in motion on page, then it should be assumed to be aim dodging.

Just read the chapter. Absolutely nothing there implies it's aim dodging. The laser got sent back to her and she caught it. Seems like a clear cut feat

Last edited:
Also aim dodging isnt even that bad, as long as movement is made while whatever you’re dodging is currently traveling it’s applicable for calcing

Just read the chapter. Absolutely nothing there implies it's aim dodging. The laser got sent back to her and she caught it. Seems like a clear cut feat
She saw Shigaraki “charging” the reflection and said “it’s not over yet!” before he fired. Aim dodging. Not only that, she makes zero attempt to actually dodge the laser. Why undo her previous rule which was killing Shigaraki just to hold a single laser instead of dodging? Not only that, the lasers have mass and can bend, like when Star held it. She only gave herself the ability to hold lasers, not bend light. Her rules are incredibly specific. At BEST, the laser hit her first, then she touched it and said her rule, and the laser was sustained for a few seconds, so she isn’t reacting nor as fast as it. No one scales.

Even if you want to say “the Nomu was falling so Shigaraki wasn’t standing on it anymore”, that’s just not how physics works. Objects fall at the same rate, and it’s even worse in a vacuum, which he was in. Never mind the fact they’re directly inside the middle of the Star at all times and show no evidence of falling. Yet when the lasers hit him, he’s clearly pushed a few good feet off the Nomu. These lasers have mass.

ALSO, Shigaraki couldn’t react to them, and he should be superior to Star, who was stated to be “incomparable to All Might” in strength. Unless her base reactions are just several times better than Shigaraki without using a rule.

Why do we assume /anything/ about /which/ All Might is being referred to every time he’s brought up? Horikoshi never gives us a clear answer. It’s just fan interpretation at this point.

Unlike someone like Izuku, Stars was actually around to witness Toshinori's hayday and is obviously more acquainted with that version of him than his current era one. Also, what is going on with the forward slashes? I am not too good with internet stuff like that -- I'm not old, though.

If they have access to a TV or a phone, they should probably know about some of the things Prime AM has done. He’s a walking phenomenon. News was constantly talking about him, he had news crews waiting at his HQ every time he returned. Why do we assume that only the feats WE have seen THE CHARACTERS see is the only feats they’ve seen or know All Might do?

Forward slashes show /emphasis/ on /certain words/. I do it because I write all fancy-like.

I’m not opposed to having either most statements to be referring to Prime AM, since I don’t think the gap between Prime and Weak was actually /that/ large. I’m just iffy on picking and choosing which statements are referring to which AM with incredibly tiny, if any, “evidence” showing which AM is being referred to.

”the characters are more familiar with Kamino AM” doesn’t really make sense to me considering everyone knows All Might and most likely have access to the internet. They would’ve heard about him saving the Sky Egg or defeating 100 sudden rampaging villains within 3 seconds, or saving countless cities in a single day, etc etc.

The problem with people referring to Prime All Might's power is that we don't know how many people have ever seen Prime All Might actually go all out.

The vast majority of All Might's battle, especially urban areas, would have him significantly holding back. We still don't know how many villains during those ages would scale to Prime All Might. And the one fight we can confirm Prime All Might to have gone all out, was an undocumented, unpublicized fight against All For One.

That's not to say that Stars doesn't have that level of knowledge. But it is natural to discern this topic keenly.

Then who’s statements would be considered valid enough to apply to Prime All Might? AFO is a given, but what about The doctor?? If the doctor is valid, then Endeavor should also be valid since he was able to tell of Shigaraki’s AM strength just by swapping a few blows with him. Then
there’s Star, who can hurt Shigaraki, yet she is incomparable to All Might, and Shigaraki is at 98%.
So which All Might is Shigaraki as strong as?

But I assume the official scans will say something a lot different about her strength, so we must wait.

“50% Deku could probably take down Stinger from One Punch Man.”

OPM Reddit: WOOOOW WHAT A WANK WHAT WANKING MHA FAN YOUR VERSE IS FODDER YOU CANT HANDLE BEING SO WEAK REEEEEEEEEEEE!

No lie she only exist to get her quirk stolen and you have to be a idiot not to see that so nobody better complain next chapter like seriously though.

Anyways this new being that's about to appear next chapter is about to be way too much for this series I can just feel it.

Unless 1st users Quirk is something mind ending/reality breaking (it isn't), I don't see Shigaraki getting this quirk.

1st users quirk seems to be a projectile. Shigaraki is already enough of a threat with Decay let alone another oneshot quirk when Deku basically got 2 reject quirks (Smokescreen & Float) and 3 good ones (Danger Sense, Fa Jin, Black Whip) but even then, neither of these 3 are extremely powerful.

Back