• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

Nobody reacted to the lasers, though.

Tomura was successfully tagged, and he only reflected the blast afterward.
Stars was already tagged by the time she used her Quirk as well; we can clearly see the blast affected her.
She was able to touch the laser before it disappeared though, look at the tail of the laser how it bends because she made a rule that allows her to hold it. The entire thing moves at LS, and she grabbed it before the end of the laser was able to hit her. Shigaraki is not generating the laser so it isn't a constant beam, he only reflected it.

Yes she didn't stop it before it hit her, but she stopped it before the entire thing could hit her.

She was able to touch the laser before it disappeared though, look at the tail of the laser how it bends because she made a rule that allows her to hold it. The entire thing moves at LS, and she grabbed it before the end of the laser was able to hit her. Shigaraki is not generating the laser so it isn't a constant beam, he only reflected it.

Yes she didn't stop it before it hit her, but she stopped it before the entire thing could hit her.
Yea

It’s not a lightspeed feat. The lasers have mass, and Shigaraki couldn’t dodge them or react to them, and he should have better stats than Star since her power is “incomparable to All Might” while he is very, very comparable to All Might.

The lasers don't have mass, you were already debunked.

Shigaraki and the Nomu were falling because of the vacuum she created, he was pushed off the Nomu he was just slightly above it.

She wasn't able to avoid being either, they're comparable in speed. She was also able to jump to Shigaraki and punch him before he could touch her.

Give me a minute to explain the feat, alright? I can get a picture up to help explain

I wasn’t debunked, ya’ll just said I was without actual proof. They aren’t falling, since they’re in the middle of the star in every panel. Even if they were, wouldn’t they be falling at the same rate? The laser slammed into her, then she used her quirk to hold it. It ain’t a LS feat.

There should be a rule: “if a character isn’t shown reacting to an attack while that attack is in motion on page, then it should be assumed to be aim dodging.”

Because otherwise we get people like Timmy who believes the MHA kids are massively hypersonic in their first days of school.

And people like timmy has yet to be refuted. Given the nature of the scene and context given it leads to it bring implied they indeed dodged X thing.

scott-lang-avengers-endgame.gif
I suspect this will become more common

“Given the nature and the scene and the context” = “given my headcanon and the scene and the stuff I made up.”
Dont do that. Instead of trying to understand what someone is saying and at least making a proper statement against it you just go off and troll which is why NO ONE here tales you seriously. Grow up

Static manga aren’t required to show an in motion dodged if its already to dictated that they indeed dodged.
If the characters are way slower than explosions consistently then, yes, a manga should.

”static manga”

as opposed to what? Animated manga??

”dictated that they indeed dodged“

Dodged a swing of an arm, not an /explosion/.

Dont do that. Instead of trying to understand what someone is saying and at least making a proper statement against it you just go off and troll which is why NO ONE here tales you seriously. Grow up
Mods, can this be reported for rude, troll behaviour and attempted bullying?

”NO ONE here takes you seriously. Grow up.” is not civil behaviour.

If the characters are way slower than explosions consistently then, yes, a manga should.

”static manga”

as opposed to what? Animated manga??

”dictated that they indeed dodged“

Dodged a swing of an arm, not an /explosion/.
We have already had this discussion, once again, if you want to debate a topic add me on discord or go to my wall. Focus on Rusty.
Stop bringing up old ass topics in the thread and if you want to go over this again, I have my discord on my page.

We have already had this discussion, once again, if you want to debate a topic add me on discord or go to my wall. Focus on Rusty.
Stop bringing up old ass topics in the thread and if you want to go over this again, I have my discord on my page.
How about you make a CRT and actually get your “kids dodged explosions” claim proven? If it’s “so factual” to you, it should be easy to prove and upgrade the characters. Go ahead. Nothing is stopping you.

Mods, can this be reported for rude, troll behaviour and attempted bullying?

”NO ONE here takes you seriously. Grow up.” is not civil behaviour.
Seriously? I asked you to grow up as you’re acting childish. I tried to talk to you in a civil manner and you went and took my statement and made it something entirely different than what I was setting out. Calling my arguments all head canon and stuff I made up. If anyone was being rude it was you.

Look at this picture, the yellow line is the laser in question.

A laser is made of light, moves at lightspeed, and stays uniformed for a time. The yellow line in the middle shows how the entire line moves at the same speed, both the "tail" and the "head" of the laser move at LS because it is light.

Now the bottom one shows what happens when light hits a surface, it is both reflected off of and absorb by that surface. The line is now shorter because part of that laser has been reflected and absorbed by the red line. However the tail of that laser has not yet hit that surface, which in this case is Star.

Star was hit by the head of the laser, and as light it's both reflected and is absorbed by her. However before the tail could reach her, she activates her Quirk which makes a rule that allows her to hold light. You can see the tail of the laser bending after she grabs it, she changed how the light works it appears to have turn solid.

The light is now bending it's all scrunched up as the laser gets squished, think of the laser becoming rubber at that moment. Honestly I think she changed the property of the laser itself, instead of letting her hold light. She needs to say something's name in order to affect it, she doesn't say her name when the laser hits her. Instead she says laser, and now she can hold it.

Seriously? I asked you to grow up as you’re acting childish. I tried to talk to you in a civil manner and you went and took my statement and made it something entirely different than what I was setting out. Calling my arguments all head canon and stuff I made up. If anyone was being rude it was you.
“Calling my arguments all headcanon and stuff I made up.”

It is, though.

How about you make a CRT and actually get your “kids dodged explosions” claim proven? If it’s “so factual” to you, it should be easy to prove and upgrade the characters. Go ahead. Nothing is stopping you.
I could careless about it being on wiki. Im trying to get my AP calcs evaluated speed can come later

“Calling my arguments all headcanon and stuff I made up.”

It is, though.
Its not. Once again, I was trying to have a civil discussion and you went on to disrespect. But idc enough to report it, grow up. Now if you want to continue this add me on discord or just stop talking about it

I might report both of you for cluttering this thread with childish arguing and belittling behavior towards each other and others.

Seriously, you both need to grow up and either handle this in messages or not at all.

Rusty, your diagram is assuming that the lasers Shigaraki reflected aren’t sustained for a literal instant instead of more than a second or two.

Can you prove the lasers arent sustained?

I might report both of you for cluttering this thread with childish arguing and belittling behavior towards each other and others.

Seriously, you both need to grow up and either handle this in messages or not at all.
Ive been telling him to go to my messages or discord several times and he came at me first. I didn’t say anything about he and he randomly threw shade at me.
Now if you want to continue this add me on discord or just stop talking about it
if you want to debate a topic add me on discord or go to my wall.

Timmy constantly tells people to “cope” and “grow up” and barely gets a warning. I call his headcanons, headcanons, and get made the bad guy. Hmmm.

Star didn’t react to the laser, we are never shown her seeing it in motion, nor moving as it is. It hits her, shown by her mask being damaged and thrown off, and then she touches it or herself to grab the laser. The lasers also have mass and so aren’t actual light lasers.

Atomic, what is your deal?

You keep coming on this thread to argue circularly about things you don’t agree with, you demean others who disagree with you, and you always fire back with sarcastic comments like you don’t need to prove anything in order to be right. As if saying something sarcastically or with enough venom is going to change peoples minds on the subject.

If you don’t like how the wiki does things, just leave. If you want to stay, stop acting like you’re the only one bringing up valid arguments.

There’s also the fact that Shigaraki is not only pushed off the Nomu, his entire body is arched and his feet are swinging forward, showing he’s been pushed back. There’s also the next page, showing Star SEE Shigaraki prepare to fire the lasers back, so it’s simply aim dodging at best.

Back