• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

AFO never got the surgery.

Guns in Tartarus are a threat to him when his quirks are inactive. That puts his physical durability below Grey Nomu.

He can't escape Tartarus without external help. If he had All Might level physicals & not just quirk-enhanced strength, Tartarus would not be able to hold him in the first place. How that place works is by keeping people from activating their quirks in the first place.

Water pressure was a threat to him. He literally saw water pressure from what, 500m or so, I forgot as a threat. This is not something someone with an All Might tier physical body would have to worry about.

Then there's the doctor's words which pretty much confirm AFO didn't get it otherwise he wouldn't say "originally intended for", he would just tell Shiggy he was getting the exact surgery as AFO.

Then the timeline doesn't mesh. From Vigilantes to the main series to Heroes Rising, we have an exact timeline of Ujiko's Nomu development process.

For example, 6 years ago from Vigilantes we can see Ujiko was nowhere near perfecting High-ends. The surgery on Shigaraki is an advanced version of the Nomu-fication process so it was clearly only perfected recently. Even for Nine, his incident only happened a few months if not weeks before Shigaraki's process. And from Ujiko's words, he might very well had been the last test subject right before the whole operation was feasible.

Timeline of events:

AFO meets doctor -> AFO rules and tries stealing OFA, failing but not knowing why -> Doctor begins surgery for stealing OFA that takes a long time of experimenting with Nomu and other subjects like Number Six, because quirks are constantly changing and the research for it is massive -> AFO loses to AM, destroying his body -> Doctor focuses more on Nomu to complete surgery for AFO’s prodigy, Shigaraki, who AFO wants to be the new him -> Doctor makes Nine, his last subject before the surgery is complete-> Shigaraki gets the surgery and is Garaki’s masterpiece

Provide your own timeline of events that makes logical sense or don’t reply
I don't think he met the doctor that far back. The doctor idolized AFO and says that only one man took his theory seriously which I assume is pretty recent. Maybe the last 50 or 60 years. As for AFO becoming a ruler, that was way back. Probably over 150 years ago.

Considering how the last two films were, I believe the third one should be as well.

Also two characters from the movie have appeared in the manga twice already, so there is a high chance of this being canon.

I'm not 100% on this though, I haven't been able to find any translation of the interview with Horikoshi that came out along with the movie.

Why is it that every time I take a look at this thread, the conversation is always about circular, heated arguments over the most irrelevant things ever? We get chapters weekly, yet it feels like people are more interested in talking about whether or not AFO is superhuman without quirks, whether or not Deku can bust an Island, or whatever other meaningless things to screech at each other over.

I don't think he met the doctor that far back. The doctor idolized AFO and says that only one man took his theory seriously which I assume is pretty recent. Maybe the last 50 or 60 years. As for AFO becoming a ruler, that was way back. Probably over 150 years ago.
I think AFO is in his 130s at least.

All Might was 18 when Gran Torino said AFO is a hundred years old. This was in the All Might Rising OVA.

All Might had his quirk for for 40 years, he parallels Midoriya so lets assume he was the same age as him when he received OFA, and Midoirya is 16 going on 17 as of now so All Might should be 56 going on 57.
It's not July yet in MHA. (It's both of their birth month)

56 - 18 = 38
100 + 38 = 138

Afo is at least 138 years going on 139 depending on his birth month.

Man never debate on Reddit, the opposer completely ignores all arguments and blindly chooses to follow their own blind interpretation of the story.

I never thought I'd see the day where someone says hero hunter Garou would beat current Shigaraki low diff and solo MHA

MHA is only subsonic at the highest. Maybe All Might and AFO can be baseline Supersonic

And using this site's scaling for speed (correct me if I'm wrong) Garou scales to > Mach 155 and Shigaraki scales to Mach 63.78 meaning there is a 2.43x speed gap between Garou and Shigaraki.

Actually where do you yourself scale MHA in speed and AP?🤔
Im not atomic but
7-B+ High Hypersonic+ for top tiers if i want to include the heroes rising explosion feat.
7-B without movie feats because All Might's weather punch exists.
I found out Nabu Island is based off of Izena island which is 5 km in diameter which means the second island is much smaller than what this wiki suggests. And MHA is literally just our earth a century and a half in the future so it probably is Izena. On spacebattles I've found several calcs of the neighboring peninsula and it ranged from 730 meters to 1.54 km.

Being based off something doesn't mean anything, when the actual size we're shown is much larger.

Especially when the island's shape look nothing like each other.

Also where does this even come from, I haven't read everything about the movie but where is it stated the island is based of this other island? Was it in a interview or something?

Being based off something doesn't mean anything, when the actual size we're shown is much larger.

Especially when the island's shape look nothing like each other.

Also where does this even come from, I haven't read everything about the movie but where is it stated the island is based of this other island? Was it in a interview or something?

Check full thread

So not canon, just speculation.

Edit: Never mid, semi confirmed actually.

Either way their sizes don't match up at all.

Man never debate on Reddit, the opposer completely ignores all arguments and blindly chooses to follow their own blind interpretation of the story.

I never thought I'd see the day where someone says hero hunter Garou would beat current Shigaraki low diff and solo MHA
Reddit has a hate boner for MHA, spacebattles is the only one that doesn't actively downplay it.

So not canon, just speculation.

Edit: Never mid, semi confirmed actually.

Either way their sizes don't match up at all.

Size inconsistency exists.

Mha making some plot settings in movies looking bigger than they are isn't exactly new. In two heroes they made a fight taking place mostly on a helipad look like they were on a huge metal city.

Not inconsistencies, since that small island's size has been shown to be far greater than what we use.

In fact, the size we have is based off of its smaller sizes, since I've gotten somewhere over 3 kilometers using multiple shots of the island.

And the walls of that "castle" are shown repeatedly to be massive, that isn't a inconsistency. Can you prove that it is inconsistent?

Last edited:
I think AFO is in his 130s at least.

All Might was 18 when Gran Torino said AFO is a hundred years old. This was in the All Might Rising OVA.

All Might had his quirk for for 40 years, he parallels Midoriya so lets assume he was the same age as him when he received OFA, and Midoirya is 16 going on 17 as of now so All Might should be 56 going on 57.
It's not July yet in MHA. (It's both of their birth month)

56 - 18 = 38
100 + 38 = 138

Afo is at least 138 years going on 139 depending on his birth month.
Gran Torino did not say AFO is exactly 100 years old. That would be a ridiculous coincidence even in-universe.

His exact line is: "Your enemy is a monster who has been alive for over 100 years"

So 138 or 139 should be the lowest possible estimate.

Gran Torino did not say AFO is exactly 100 years old. That would be a ridiculous coincidence even in-universe.

His exact line is: "Your enemy is a monster who has been alive for over 100 years"

So 138 or 139 should be the lowest possible estimate.
Yeah i was going for a minimum

Black Deku poster and figure on Jump Giga October 21st

Horikoshi admitting to "abusing his authority to get us that figure:

Please, continue to shill out for Dark Deku, Horikoshi. You will get no complaints here.

Now tell them to make a game for him.

Also, new Sketch dropped. I can hear the dogs barking already.

I point out the fact that Darkshine implied that Garou (and by extension himself) would be killed by a building collapsing on them and also point out the fact that Hero Hunter Garou has **** all for speed feats since people like to wank Death Gatling's bullets even though there's no possible way to calculate speed or RPM from his gatling gun

After I bring these points up, they tend to shut the **** up and drop it.

Hypothetically speaking, if calc stacking was allowed how would the verse change? The only thing I can thing of is faux 100% being a lot faster since we would be using Nagant's bullets, which outpaced a precognitive deku who then outspeed an even faster version of said bullet, instead of using muzzle velocity from an irl bullet.

New AFO Shigaraki Render
88zEO3C.png

“I point out the fact that Darkshine implied that Garou (and by extension himself) would be killed by a building collapsing on them”

But it wasn’t a building, it was an entire underground city being twisted up and smushed together by Tatsumaki, who’s basically the strongest creature in the verse outside of Blast, Boros at full power, Saitama and Spoiler Man. Darkshine literally had a piece of a building fall of him earlier in the arc and basically acted like a cool breeze blew over him.

Red Hair Garou is still human, he just has blood in his hair.

Him redirecting every bullet fired from a minigun from extremely close range with such precision that he didn’t miss a single bullet is an insane speed feat that no one in MHA matches.

I don’t care for expect Machs and speeds, but I basically see:

Almost everyone is way slower than bullets, besides Bakugo, Deku and maybe Iida and everyone above those guys in speed like Hawks, Mirko, maybe Crust and the general top 20 heroes and Endeavor who reach into supersonic to hypersonic, then there’s Shigaraki, Current Deku, AFO and All Might who are vaguely hypersonic and way too fast for everyone else in the verse to keep up with.

There’s way too many characters for me to give specific names and a speed rating too so I won’t. Basically, if they’re on Deku’s 20% level or higher, they’re faster than bullets and edge into supersonic territory. If they’re not, they’re not.

I'm not saying to replace already calculated feats, they still exist whether calc stacking is there or not, the High hypersonic + feats would still be there, and some feats like faux 100% would actually get better with calc stacking. So I don't get why just because calc stacking is allowed, all the previously calculated feats would get scrapped, isn't the point of banning calc stacking is that it make results inflated, not the opposite?

Back