• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

Uraraka needs a power up. So far I think every other student has gotten new techniques and abilities apart from her.

Zero satellites is just her using zero gravity with cables. Meanwhile characters like Mina got Acid man, even Hagakure has had 2 new abilities since her introduction. The blinding flash thing and now conscious light refraction. Tokoyami got like 3 power-ups/techniques since his introduction. Iida, Kirishima, etc. Tsuyu got camouflage. Even Kaminari's voltage increased.

For Ochako we do know she can lift more now but we have never been given hard numbers or shown through feats in the same manner as Kaminari.

Can someone link me the fate hax requirements, and the thread where fate hax Deku was rejected. Ima need to review those things to see why it was rejected in the first place.
Because Deku didn’t do anything. It was everyone. And even then, it was just Nighteye’s belief, not something set in stone or concrete.

He’s probably referring to Iida running on the LOW POWER TOY mines in the festival (and failing to outrun them) and some random panel in Deku vs Bakugo round 2 where DEKU doesn’t even react to the explosion. Bet.

Or is somehow going to say DEKU ”reacted” to the explosion in their first fight despite Bakugo saying it was a prediction…

Lord Boros’ ship invades MHA, and is now hovering 2km above Kamino Ward after bombing it.

Can Japan’s heroes take down the ship and those within? (NO BOROS FOR OBVIOUS REASONS). Melzargard cannot stray far from the ship and can only target direct threats to the ship or himself.

If the heroes cannot, they team up with all known villains to handle this Avengers level threat.

Lord Boros’ ship invades MHA, and is now hovering 2km above Kamino Ward after bombing it.

Can Japan’s heroes take down the ship and those within? (NO BOROS FOR OBVIOUS REASONS). Melzargard cannot stray far from the ship and can only target direct threats to the ship or himself.

If the heroes cannot, they team up with all known villains to handle this Avengers level threat.
Deku alone one shotting the ship frfr. He's higher into multi continental than the ship's durability

My personal understanding of how OFA works is that, after a set amount of time(be it seconds, minutes, hours or days) it makes a "save file" of the user base stat and absorb it into itself, if the user train, their base stat increases and so will the "save file"

No point in debating MHA in other verses subs. Every sub, especially ones heavy on battle boarding, are obviously going to be heavily biased towards their own series.

Pretty sure I said it before. All MHA movies are canon.
I forgor 🗿
Brain hurty from possible concussion

I feel like people still don't believe in the moves being canon because of some plotholes or whatever? Or they just refuse to acknowledge it.

Also i saw you're on the same r/ thread as me hey lol.

There aren’t even any plot holes, besides I guess maybe “the manga doesn’t talk about the movies”, which is whatever. It would be bad writing to have the characters mention a side story that can’t be viewed in the manga, like say, what the Star Wars movies do these days, or the Halo games. You don’t get the full picture by just watching or playing, you’re forced to go view some other medium entirely.

Oh god, I’ve run into another “OPM cities are country sized and so Boros’ ship is country sized and so Shigaraki can’t decay it” person.

There aren’t even any plot holes, besides I guess maybe “the manga doesn’t talk about the movies”, which is whatever. It would be bad writing to have the characters mention a side story that can’t be viewed in the manga, like say, what the Star Wars movies do these days, or the Halo games. You don’t get the full picture by just watching or playing, you’re forced to go view some other medium entirely.
"Ey boss remember the time we stopped megamind and his cult from wiping out humanity"

"Remember the time terrorists held an island hostage and some magneto dude was fighting the top hero."

"This reminds me of the time i went super saiyan with my buddy eric once to stop some stormy weather dude who really likes blood types for some reason."

Cue family guy cut away

The problem is that these major events just go barely mentioned by 1-A or frankly anyone, and have so little influence for what happens in them that it's hard for some to accept them being canon. Like they get the occasional indirect reference, but that's it. The plot of MHA feels really bad acknowledging the movies like happened because several major

Like Hori said they fit within the manga timeline, but that's kinda a wishy washy "if you believe it's canon go ahead. It could of happened." which is marketing.

Like it's bad to have us need to go consume other material, but having major actually important events happen with no real mention or lasting consequence is just outright worse.

I won't argue if they're canon or not, but there is a decent reason to disregard them imo. Personally I see them as can fun plausible what ifs and nothing more. Night guys.

You literally brought up nothing, there is no reason to disregard the two movies and possibly never will be.

Saying there are reason to disregard them without giving any reasons means nothing.

I’ll just do his job for him:

I’m assuming these “feats” are the ones he’s trying to reference? Iida failing to outrun the low power mines and Deku predicting Bakugo’s right hook.

I’ll just do his job for him:

I’m assuming these “feats” are the ones he’s trying to reference? Iida failing to outrun the low power mines and Deku predicting Bakugo’s right hook.

Actually this is a good instance of it happening.
Iida DID run over some of the mines, even if he fan afterwards. Doesn’t change him running over it.
Just because they are considered Low powered in the mha world doesnt mean anything, they are consistently wall level-wall level+ and are even strong enough to send people METERS into the air. Im pretty sure there is an explosion speed calculator.
For the right hook thing towards the end, Deku was literally coming right up to Bakugo and Bakugo was watching him the whole time, if he went to block the attack before Bakugo shot, Bakugo wouldn’t have attacked as shown literally 3 pages before.
So Deku does indeed react point blank range like shown before.

Literally none of these examples are “reacting to explosions”, they’re just reacting to Bakugo’s swing, which he then produces an explosion at the end of it.

Iida didn’t “outspeed explosions”, he’s literally falling over because he’s been tagged. At BEST, he’s a little faster than their activation time.

If Iida was really so fast to ”outspeed explosions” then he should’ve cleared the mind field in a freaking instant. What? Is BASE TODOROKI, DEKU, IBARA AND PRETTY MUCH ALL STUDENTS comparable in speed to Iida using his quirk?? We literally saw him run a few metres in a few seconds only a few weeks before, before their quirks had a chance to grow substantially, and that wasn’t freaking explosion speed.

A SPEED FOCUSED QUIRK being outpaced by regular students at normal running speed. What an amazing quirk.

Last edited:
Literally none of these examples are “reacting to explosions”, they’re just reacting to Bakugo’s swing, which he then produces an explosion at the end of it.
Yes they are, because as I’ve presented before, a lesser skilled and likely weaker Bakugo was already used to people trying to block his attacks, when this happens he literally goes for another method of attacking. He even felt the need to avoid weak people like Deku’s blocks. Even someone he considers so much below him.
Dark shadow was literally on the Tokoyami and Bakugo flies at him and attacks, then Dark shadow flies out and blocks the explosion, Deku was literally grazed by the explosion meaning it reached his face but since he was moving out while dodging it doesn’t actually damage him.
Bakugo even says he did some good dodging.
And the last one I literally just gave reasoning for refute it.
Iida didn’t “outspeed explosions”, he’s literally falling over because he’s been tagged. At BEST, he’s a little faster than their activation time.
No, he did outspeed the explosions. He’s literally running over them, only to fall over on the second one, meaning the explosion hit him but barely. Which means he was still comparable to their speed.
If Iida was really so fast to ”outspeed explosions” then he should’ve cleared the mind field in a freaking instant. What? Is BASE TODOROKI, DEKU, IBARA AND PRETTY MUCH ALL STUDENTS comparable in speed to Iida using his quirk?? We literally saw him run a few metres in a few seconds only a few weeks before, before their quirks had a chance to grow substantially, and that wasn’t freaking explosion speed.
He literally has different gears as presented meaning different levels of speeds can be used by Iida. Him not using it during the race refutes nothing.
Other student’s beating him doesn’t refute anything either and how dont you know the race was taking place at instantaneous speeds?
A SPEED FOCUSED QUIRK being outpaced by regular students at normal running speed. What an amazing quirk.
Crazy

Show me these characters moving AFTER he creates an explosion but BEFORE it hits them. Until you can, they are simply reacting to his swing. Anything you say otherwise is headcanon. In case you don’t know, Bakugo SWINGS his arms BEFORE making his explosions, and the characters REACT to him swinging. It’s called… oh my god, what a new concept this is... “aim dodging”.

False. He’s literally falling over due to being flung over by the LOW POWER TOY EXPLOSIONS. Regardless, at best, this is an “outpacing activation time” feat.

So, none of these feats show anything you claim. This seems to be a pattern of yours. You say one thing but your “evidence” shows the other.

Show me a single scan that blatantly shows a character perceiving Bakugo’s explosions as it travels through the air. Until then, you have nothing.

Show me these characters moving AFTER he creates an explosion but BEFORE it hits them. Until you can, they are simply reacting to his swing. Anything you say otherwise is headcanon. In case you don’t know, Bakugo SWINGS his arms BEFORE making his explosions, and the characters REACT to him swinging. It’s called… oh my god, what a new concept this is... “aim dodging”.

False. He’s literally falling over due to being flung over by the LOW POWER TOY EXPLOSIONS. Regardless, at best, this is an “outpacing activation time” feat.

So, none of these feats show anything you claim. This seems to be a pattern of yours. You say one thing but your “evidence” shows the other.
Its literally a manga panel, if I show the anime you will just call it none canon and I’ve given in lore situations which dictates this is done during the explosion moving out. Refute that argument.
You can sit and make all these claims but it doesn’t really matter until you address my argument:
Iida ran over this explosion, capable of sending students several meters into the air.

Back