• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

I'm not saying to replace already calculated feats, they still exist whether calc stacking is there or not, the High hypersonic + feats would still be there, and some feats like faux 100% would actually get better with calc stacking. So I don't get why just because calc stacking is allowed, all the previously calculated feats would get scrapped, isn't the point of banning calc stacking is that it make results inflated, not the opposite?
I don't get what you're trying to argue or say?

I'm saying what will happen if we allowed calc stacking in conjunction with previous calculations, what feats will get better and how much. I was confused why everyone would suddenly drop in speed when their speed was the product of previous calculations and scaling in the first place, how would adding calc stacking make those calculations irrelevant, doesn't calc stacking risk making results bigger not smaller? Again, pretty new to this website, so just asking

So question. Prime AM defeated AFO 5-6 years before giving his quirk to deku right ? And in those years, while AM's strength continues to dwindle, OFA itself should still be doing its job and stockpile power throughout those years right. So technically deku's 100% is compose of: prime AM + 5-6 years worth of stockpiled energy + deku's own stockpiled energy, right ?

So question. Prime AM defeated AFO 5-6 years before giving his quirk to deku right ? And in those years, while AM's strength continues to dwindle, OFA itself should still be doing its job and stockpile power throughout those years right. So technically deku's 100% is compose of: prime AM + 5-6 years worth of stockpiled energy + deku's own stockpiled energy, right ?
Yes, though I assume the rate at which it stockpiled was very diminished since he couldn’t work out or fight or train as much as he could before.

Yes, though I assume the rate at which it stockpiled was very diminished since he couldn’t work out or fight or train as much as he could before.
Did he explicitly train besides just to handle OFA? Like yeah there are flashbacks with Gran Torino just so All Might can gain skill and handle OFA, but I didn't know he explicitly trained after that. Just thought it passively stock piled as he worked.

Did he explicitly train besides just to handle OFA? Like yeah there are flashbacks with Gran Torino just so All Might can gain skill and handle OFA, but I didn't know he explicitly trained after that. Just thought it passively stock piled as he worked.
His training was never to handle OFA, but to master controlling the output. So when he was in America, most of his training would have been straight up fighting villains or, y’know, actual training. Like martial arts and such, given he knows some grapples and techniques.

Remember, he’s the one that created the American Dream Plan for Deku. All Might is very knowledgeable about body training, weight and many other things. He didn’t get and maintain the body he had via his quirk.

Also, where was it stated Power Stocker stocks power via training? I thought it just went up over time, like a slow charge. Very slow.

I wish Horikoshi would give an actual description of the quirk.

What power is it stocking up if not his physical strength?

You aren't getting stronger by standing still, I assume it stocks up energy whenever he moves.

It stocks up his power, it doesn't charge itself from nothing.

It stocks… power. Strength. Like how Fa Jin “stocks” energy for a quick boost, Power Stocker stocks energy used for strength, except its permanent (somehow?).

What would be the point of AFO giving it to the younger brother, then? He was locked in a room with nothing in it. He couldn’t exactly lift some weights.

It stocks up his weak power, a Quirk he can handle since his own strength is weak the power it stocks up is weak as well.

Any time Izuku uses power/energy, it is stock up in OFA. So any movement he makes is stored within OFA, that seems simple to me.

I don't see what is so overcomplicated about it, what are you confused about?

It’s a power stocker not a “muscle stocker”.

That’s what I believe the lightning is; the excess energy of the stocked power leaking out. Both Deku and All Might have this lightning because they have sooooo much excess stocked energy.

I think we've both confused each other, I didn't say anything about muscle.

Any action that produces energy should be stocked up yes, or are you saying it only stores power when he is training?

… power. Magic anime juice. Strength. Energy.

What it is storing up, is power. However, I’ve yet to see actual, official evidence that this energy is stored via training. It seems to be passive, or a combination of both.

Not everything needs some “logical” or “sciency” explanation. Things can just happen. It’s like asking, “how does Geten telekintically control his ice? With what function or ability?” The answer: It’s not important and there isn’t a real answer.

It’s like asking “where does Redestro’s stress come from?” or “where does the air from Gran Torino’s feet come from??” It’s not important, it just is.

Yeah I kinda agree with Atomic. For all we know its getting energy from a 4th dimensional being existing outside of the universe. Not everything needs an explination.

I didn't imply it was training either, I assume it is passive as well...

Since every single movement humans make produce energy, and nothing implies that OFA would choice not to store some energy over other.

All Might literally states that OFA holds the combined physical strength of every past user, didn't he?

Gran Torino actually breathes in the air he uses for his quirk, elemental quirks are weird as heck regardless and stress is Lmao.

Most quirks have explanations. Some don’t and operate via anime logic. I see no reasons to not try and figure out where OFA fits between the two spectrums.

The Power Stocker quirk is one of the quirks that needs an explanation from Horikoshi the most. Along with Fa Jin.

Two vague, energy-based stockpiling quirks with vague rules and function.

The Power Stocker quirk is one of the quirks that needs an explanation from Horikoshi the most. Along with Fa Jin.

Two vague, energy-based stockpiling quirks with vague rules and function.
I think, with the sketch that came out for Fa Jin where he explained it, he said it uses “electrical energy” from the body’s movements? That or it’s just kinetic energy based

“I point out the fact that Darkshine implied that Garou (and by extension himself) would be killed by a building collapsing on them”

But it wasn’t a building, it was an entire underground city being twisted up and smushed together by Tatsumaki, who’s basically the strongest creature in the verse outside of Blast, Boros at full power, Saitama and Spoiler Man. Darkshine literally had a piece of a building fall of him earlier in the arc and basically acted like a cool breeze blew over him.

Red Hair Garou is still human, he just has blood in his hair.

Him redirecting every bullet fired from a minigun from extremely close range with such precision that he didn’t miss a single bullet is an insane speed feat that no one in MHA matches.
Deku blitz lmao

Can't you just point towards the scenes?
There's no point as it's clear you all aren't even aware of the existence of the feats. I'll just send them over once I get home from school... which is around 4 hours from now because I have football practice. In the mean time you guys can be preparing for my take over. I'm upgrading EVERYONE in mha.
Even mineta (joking)

Can someone link me the fate hax requirements, and the thread where fate hax Deku was rejected. Ima need to review those things to see why it was rejected in the first place.

Back