• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

It is incredible how you believe the doctor was capable of doing this surgery since the beginning, hey the answer is simple. He didn't figure out how to do this until after AFO had his face bashed in, weak AFO can't withstand the surgery due to his fragile body.

Why are you assuming he's had this available for decades or something?

Atomic, are you serious? The doctor was working on CREATING the surgery for the entire time. He didn’t have it from day one.

Are you being willfully ignorant right now?

AFO literally held back All Might with his bare hands and no quirk mentioned or even brought up. Bakugo even comments on this. He’s way beyond superhuman and most likely had a similar surgery.

The earliest we've seen the doctor start his body enhancements was with Nine, which at that point AFO was already injured. Number 6 was enhanced actually, but nowhere to the same degree as Shigaraki or Nine, and it wouldn't be long after that when AFO gets injured.

It was originally intended for All For One, but because of his injury he could no longer withstand the process. Being originally intended for AFO means it was never given to him, are you ignoring this for a reason?

The burden of proof falls on you, since your making the claim that he underwent the surgery to increase his strength. Do you have any actual evidence that AFO has any type of enhancements whatsoever ?

You're ignoring what is stated in universe to fit your own head canon.

“The doctor was working on CREATING the surgery for the entire time. He didn’t have it from day one.”

When was this stated?
Chapter 246. The surgery was planned for AFO but he never got it.

The surgery allows Shigaraki to take OFA. Are you that hard coded for your stance that you would DARE believer that, if the doctor could give the OFA stealing surgery at any point in time, he wouldn’t have given it to AFO?

Or are you truly being ignorant right now?

“It was originally intended for All For One, but because of his injury he could no longer withstand the process.”

Headcanon. Show me where this was stated.

”Do you have any actual evidence that AFO has any type of enhancements whatsoever?”

He physically held AM with his bare hands and pushed him back with no apparent use of a quirk, despite his common habit of saying what he uses.

”Unless we tweak the hardware to accomodate our expanding memory the human race will become unstable. We started seeing early signs of this in the fourth generation. And since HE held multiple quirks, he saw this problem as a GRAVE one.”

Are you telling me AFO suddenly grew a heart and began the surgery experiments just for other people, and not himself? He could hold multiple quirks but he most likely couldnt hold many multiple quirks with his squishy, fleshy normal human body, so got an upgrade.

I'd like to apologize for my tone, that was uncalled for.

I still find myself getting too heated, I'll try to respond in a more respectful manner from now on.

“The surgery was planned for AFO but he never got it.”

Show me where it was said he never got it.

”Originally intended” does not mean it didn’t happen. It just means it was originally created for AFO’s sake.

”Please prove that Garaki had the one for all stealing surgery for over a hundred years, when ever he admits that his research is ever growing”

???

Why would AFO have been hunting down the users for all those years if he couldn’t even take OFA then???

”Oh look, a surgery that makes me as strong as OFA even without quirks. I’m not going to take it. I foresee no problems arrising from this.” as Aizawa with a gun steps into view.

He physically held AM with his bare hands and pushed him back with no apparent use of a quirk, despite his common habit of saying what he uses.
That's a Quirk, prove that it wasn't a Quirk. You need to provide proof here, not us.

Since everyone in universe saw that and believes he was using Quirks, at no point in the story did anyone believe his strength was without Quirks.

Everyone flips out when Shigaraki is that strong without any Quirks, but no one was surprised before Aizawa erased his Quirks which means they just labeled his strength as a Quirk. AFO doesn't have to announce what Quirks he's using, the fact is that his strength comes from Quirks and you need to provide proof.

”Please prove that Garaki had the one for all stealing surgery for over a hundred years, when ever he admits that his research is ever growing”

???

Why would AFO have been hunting down the users for all those years if he couldn’t even take OFA then???
Because he doesn't know everything, he only got a chance to steal OFA twice I believe or was it one time?

“That's a Quirk, prove that it wasn't a Quirk. You need to provide proof here, not me.”

You are the one claiming it’s a quirk. By all means, show it is.

”Since everyone in universe saw that believes he was using Quirks, at no point in the story did anyone believe his strength was all natural.”

They did? Show me.

”Everyone flips out when Shigaraki is that strong without any Quirks, but no one was surprised before Aizawa erased his Quirks.”

Probably because the heroes had seen Shigaraki in action before and he didnt have All Might strength previously.

???

”Oh look, a surgery that makes me as strong as OFA even without quirks. I’m not going to take it. I foresee no problems arrising from this.” as Aizawa with a gun steps into view.
He tried to take it. He failed. He didn’t even know why OFA resisted him. He doesn’t know everything.

“He can’t take OFA. So he never got it”

Shigaraki couldn’t take OFA, so I guess Shigaraki never got the surgery either. Oh, wait…
The surgery was designed to help him take OFA with the knowledge they had. They didn’t know that OFA was conscious. That’s why it wouldn’t have worked anyway. But AFO never knew that.

If AFO had the surgery and still couldn’t take OFA, the doctor wouldn’t have claimed that the surgery can take OFA. Unles you’re claiming there are two different surgeries.

“Because he doesn't know everything, he only got a chance to steal OFA twice I believe or was it one time?”

Then how did he invent the concept of a surgery to steal OFA if he didn’t even know he couldn’t steal OFA?

“Because he doesn't know everything, he only got a chance to steal OFA twice I believe or was it one time?”

Then how did he invent the concept of a surgery to steal OFA if he didn’t even know he couldn’t steal OFA?
he tried and failed to steal it. So the doctor made a surgery to help him steal it. He never got it, Shigaraki did, and it failed too because they still didn’t know OFA was just conscious.

“the doctor wouldn’t have claimed that the surgery can take OFA.”

Except the doctor is explaining to Shigaraki. Not AFO himself. Who already had the surgery.

You MIGHT’VE had a point of the doctor was explaining the surgery to AFO. But he wasn’t. So you don’t.

“he tried and failed to steal it. So the doctor made a surgery to help him steal it. He never got it, Shigaraki did, and it failed too because they still didn’t know OFA was just conscious.”

Show me where it was stated he never got the surgery.

“he tried and failed to steal it. So the doctor made a surgery to help him steal it. He never got it, Shigaraki did, and it failed too because they still didn’t know OFA was just conscious.”

Show me where it was stated he never got the surgery.
That’s your burden of proof. He never figured out OFA is conscious nor has he ever claimed he got a surgery. You’re the one making the claim with no evidence.

“the doctor wouldn’t have claimed that the surgery can take OFA.”

Except the doctor is explaining to Shigaraki. Not AFO himself. Who already had the surgery.

You MIGHT’VE had a point of the doctor was explaining the surgery to AFO. But he wasn’t. So you don’t.
Except the doctor would have said that the surgery failed in that case because AFO still couldn’t take OFA.

Show me where AFO got the surgery

Shigaraki was showing off super strength, he jumped straight through Endeavor's fire and destroyed the ground.

Reaction was nothing, Endeavor wasn't surprised because he knew Shigaraki likely had multiple Quirks already. Everyone was baffled when he still had super strength without any Quirks, so it is common to just assume that someone who is shown strong is using Quirks.

Not a single person at Kamino who knew about AFO, was shocked about his strength. Even Bakugo who saw AFO's power, didn't imply that his strength was Quirkless.

A person who can hold multiple Quirks, having multiple Quirks is the natural assumption. Burden of Proof falls on you because you're going against this and assume AFO cannot hold multiple Quirks without the surgery. Which is something the Doctor has been working on for decades.

We don't need to prove AFO is using Quirks, you need to prove he doesn't have any Quirks and underwent Surgery. You must also prove that the doctor had this surgery available and without flaws for around hundreds of years. You are making an extraordinary claim, we are not, you need to provide evidence.

Atomic, your series of events is horrendous.

If AFO got the surgery, when would he have gotten it? Your entire point hinges on Garaki somehow having a surgery like this for over a hundred years, and either never giving it to AFO, or giving it to AFO, but then AFO never saying that the surgery failed to have him steal OFA.

What is your timeline of events

No one here is proving AFO didn’t have the surgery. Stop going in circles.

He literally held and pushed back ALL MIGHT with his bare fists and took a UNITED STATES OF SMASH to the face and didn’t explode. He is superhuman. End of story.

Why would THE SMARTEST BEING IN THE VERSE willingly refuse a free surgery without drawback, while he’s spending years sitting on his ass, that would make him physically as powerful as his greatest energy without the use of quirks?

The doctor literally implies that AFO saw the problem of quirk capacity as “a grave one”. Are you saying AFO suddenly grew a heart for the people around him? Or maybe he was only interested in his own capacity??

“If AFO got the surgery, when would he have gotten it?”

The surgery takes, what, 3 months? Then maybe he could’ve gotten it, I dunno, somewhere in the five to tens of years while he was hiding in the shadows and AM was going around destroying his empire??

AFO literally created one of the most broken being in the series, Gigantomachia, as a backup in case things went south. Yet you’re saying he wouldnt have an OP surgery with no real known drawback? Makes sense. I guess AFO isn’t smart, the heroes are just dumb.

“If AFO got the surgery, when would he have gotten it?”

The surgery takes, what, 3 months? Then maybe he could’ve gotten it, I dunno, somewhere in the five to tens of years while he was hiding in the shadows and AM was going around destroying his empire??

AFO literally created one of the most broken being in the series, Gigantomachia, as a backup in case things went south. Yet you’re saying he wouldnt have an OP surgery with no real known drawback? Makes sense. I guess AFO isn’t smart, the heroes are just dumb.
wait, so you’re the one saying AFO is dumb and only got this surgery over a hundred years after learning of it, only to never use it. Are you even hearing yourself? You just defeated your own argument

You claim that the doctor has had the surgery ever since he met AFO

Then claim that AFO has the surgery because he would be dumb not to take it

Then claim that he only got it after a hundred years. Which is what you’re saying we’re doing, so we’re wrong. But by extension, you’re wrong.

You’re defeating yourself here

wait, so you’re the one saying AFO is dumb and only got this surgery over a hundred years after learning of it, only to never use it. Are you even hearing yourself? You just defeated your own argument
I actually do not understand what you’re talking about now. You’ve completely lost me.

You’re the one claiming he didn’t get the surgery. The “when” doesn’t concern me. I don’t know when. I just know he has it.

“You claim that the doctor has had the surgery ever since he met AFO”

When did I claim this?

”Then claim that he only got it after a hundred years. Which is what you’re saying we’re doing.”

Theoretically, not literally.

I actually do not understand what you’re talking about now. You’ve completely lost me.

You’re the one claiming he didn’t get the surgery. The “when” doesn’t concern me. I don’t know when. I just know he has it.
The when matters because one of your arguments against us is “he would be dumb not to take a free surgery”

But by your own timeline of events, he is dumb and didn’t take a free surgery from over a hundred years.

So your entire points is absolutely flawed

“When did the doctor develop the surgery then”

Ask Horikoshi.

Anyways, Aizawa with a gun solo’s the verse and AFO, besides Nomu and Shigaraki I guess.
Also Timmy I’m still waiting for that explosion feat.

AFO is superhuman no matter how you slice it, either via surgery, or training. If Endeavor can become just below All Might tier in physicals alone just by training, so can someone who’s been alive a lot longer.

I actually cannot percieve what you’re talking about.
So you’re backpedaling on your own point?

You claimed that our argument is wrong because, AND I QUOTE;

Remember now? Or are you going to keep playing amnesia?

“When did the doctor develop the surgery then”

Ask Horikoshi.

Anyways, Aizawa with a gun solo’s the verse and AFO, besides Nomu and Shigaraki I guess.
Also Timmy I’m still waiting for that explosion feat.
So you can’t even answer the question?

Cool.

Anyway, our timeline is correct and your is not because you can’t substantiate it with any evidence or logical connections.

AFO is superhuman no matter how you slice it, either via surgery, or training. If Endeavor can become just below All Might tier in physicals alone just by training, so can someone who’s been alive a lot longer.
And there’s the concession.

You couldn’t prove he got the surgery so you’re backpedaling to an earlier argument to claim he just trained that hard.

Timeline of events:

AFO meets doctor -> AFO rules and tries stealing OFA, failing but not knowing why -> Doctor begins surgery for stealing OFA that takes a long time of experimenting with Nomu and other subjects like Number Six, because quirks are constantly changing and the research for it is massive -> AFO loses to AM, destroying his body -> Doctor focuses more on Nomu to complete surgery for AFO’s prodigy, Shigaraki, who AFO wants to be the new him -> Doctor makes Nine, his last subject before the surgery is complete-> Shigaraki gets the surgery and is Garaki’s masterpiece

Provide your own timeline of events that makes logical sense or don’t reply

Back