• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

Some guy on Reddit was trying to convince me that Shigaraki is stronger than 100% DEKU in raw power, and as strong as Prime All Might, and Deku only just reached Weakened All Might level.

I‘m beginning to hate the concept of Prime All Might due to that one statement because of how nebelous it is and people can never make up their minds on where Deku stands on the scale and exactly how strong Prime Might actually was. It ranges between “sixty times” stronger to “one bajillion times stronger and he was relativistic“. Not really, but, y’know.

I mean best we really have is a statement from Endeavor who compared shigaraki to weakened all might and deku curb stomped him.So idk how Shigaraki in raw power is stronger unless he goes by the "hehe deku weak cry baby mc he not powerful"

It’s never specified which All Might Endeavor was actually referring to. Which is why I hate the nebulous state of power of Prime All Might.

IMO, it would be better if the series revealed the drop in power wasn’t THAT large, but still noticeable enough, and have the main focus be on All Might’s stamina. Even Weakened All Might on the verge of his time limit was almost unbeatable, so All Might with no limit and his hours worth of stamina is already OP enough.

We also don’t know what “75% complete” actually means. What’s complete? His muscles?? His quirk infusing into his body?? His body adjusting to his quirk?? What exactly is “complete” there??

I mean yeah Endeavor didn't specify but I want to say it was kamino all might, seems the most reasonable.

Also the series kind of already revealed that the difference between prime all might and weakened all might is 10s of times over if not potentially more.

Only definitive answer we will have is when Horikoshi decides to maybe draw prime all might vs afo fight

Why would it be Kamino? Endeavor spent most of his life trying to surpass Prime All Might.

No, the series said, judging by his own word, All Might was way stronger and that he’s weaker. But this simply could’ve been a white lie to calm down the nearby rattled students.

I mean it's possible Endeavor didn't really get to see All Might at his absolute peak even in his prime, and if Endeavor compared 75% Shigaraki to prime all might it would be kind of weird imo

Also yeah I was agreeing that All Might was many times stronger in his prime. But I don't think it was a lie to calm down students since Idk how it would really help the situation, I think it was one of those moments where series wants us to take the info at face value that he is extremely weak compared to his prime.

Not that weird considering pretty much every top 10 hero is All Might tier and some can one shot All Might tier Nomu with ease, according to this website at least.

But if Endeavor really compared 75% Shigaraki to Prime All Might then it would mean 45% Deku is =< and 100% Deku is > prime all might. Also only later with faux 100% can Deku match All Mights speed at some point I'm the past.

Or the difference between Prime Might and Weak Might isn’t actually that large, and Deku is somewhere between them.

Deku uses Faux 100% to match his speed without drawback. He can match his speed with 100%, but that breaks his limbs.

Prime Might > 100% Deku > Weak Might = Weak AFO > Shigaraki > Weak Shigaraki > Endeavor.

Or the difference between Prime Might and Weak Might isn’t actually that large, and Deku is somewhere between them.

Deku uses Faux 100% to match his speed without drawback. He can match his speed with 100%, but that breaks his limbs.

Prime Might > 100% Deku > Weak Might = Weak AFO > Shigaraki > Weak Shigaraki > Endeavor.
Nah I do think the difference between Prime and weak All Might is just that big. It's like 60x I think.(also a slight lowball)

I mean yeah if we're talking about weakened am then Deku at 100% surpasses him if he goes 100% I don't think that's enough for Prime AM yet.

Mostly I agree with the scaling chain but wdym by adding shigaraki and weak shigaraki?

To me 75% shigaraki is about as strong as if not stronger than USJ AM base on pure physicality alone, I don't know how much stronger BOS AM is compared to USJ AM so he might be around that ballpark. 45% is comparable to USJ but might be closer to Kamino overall. 100% is equal to Prime but might be stronger due to OFA being stated to be growing ever since the JT arc. The top 10 heroes either lie in the in-between of USJ and Kamino or weaker than Kamino. But that's just my interpretation

Interesting how AFO always use Air cannon in conjunction with other quirks to harm All might and push away Endeavor, this is shown by his arm always being enlarged while shigaraki only use base Air cannon without springlike limb, 3x strength enhancer and 4x kinetic booster. Endeavor and All might took about the same amount of damage so I guess the difference between their strength lies in those extra quirks

Mr Bruh.

If 45% Deku is comparable to USJ All Might at 100% then he should be able to one shot AFO with a full power 45% kick, since All Might at his absolute weakest and literally seconds away from losing OFA was capable of doing so with a single good punch to the noggin’ “with his back into it”.

Then there’s Deku using 30% in Two Heroes which came nowhere close to what All Might is capable of even in the same movie.

Unless Deku is a special snowflake who’s OFA stocks power at hundreds of times a faster rate than any other user, that doesn’t make sense.

”b-b-but its said OFA is growing!”

Yes, OFA is growing. As in, the quirk itself is becoming more stable and sentient. It never stated power stocker is growing more power faster. Just that the vestiges are coming into existence and becoming sentient.

Kamino AM threw 3 punches(and one backhand though I don't know if that's anime only or not) at AFO, one in his chad form, the other 2 with all remaining embers of OFA with the last one being especially strongest. The first barely left any damage, the second ruffled his feather a bit but still didn't draw any blood or break any teeth, the US of smash was the only attack that knock AFO out and that was only possible by All might literally giving up all of his embers into one singular finishing move. I never said 45% will be able to one shot Kamino AFO so quit the passive aggressiveness, I'm not Timmy! The ABSOLUTE MOST he'll able to do is ruffled AFO up like All might second punch did with his hits. And I already said that 45% is more comparable to Kamino than USJ anyway, and even if it was comparable to USJ AM it would still be weaker than him. And could you remind me the difference between USJ and Kamino again ? Is it that noticable that one would oneshot the other? And even if I'm absolutely wrong about everything, I already stated that it was simply my interpretation, I have no intention of changing anyone's mind with what I said nor was I certain that I'm correct

The difference between 45% and 100% casual, playing around, suppressed All Might is still massive and easily seen with a very similar feat; Deku kicking and barely shattering some windows, vs All Might punching and shattering an entire street and even decapitating a few buildings.

For the same reason why this website puts Dark Souls characters in Tier 4.

Ignoring context, treating outliers as the norm, wanking at all cost and borderline making stuff up sometimes. Like Timmy. Still waiting for “Base DEKU react to explosions”.

What happen if AFO blast endeavor with a point blank unboosted air canon(no springlike limb, kinetic booster, strength enhacer), it should do about the same as shigaraki's right? cuz it's just the same quirk and unlike OFA which can power up quirk using stockpiled energy, Afo doesn't have that privilege

The fact that Spring-Like Limbs and Strength Enhancers increases the power of Air Cannon heavily implies that the user's physical strength is factor into how powerful the cannon is. Base Shigaraki is massively stronger than Base AFO, so his base Air Cannon would be superior as well.

The fact that Spring-Like Limbs and Strength Enhancers increases the power of Air Cannon heavily implies that the user's physical strength is factor into how powerful the cannon is. Base Shigaraki is massively stronger than Base AFO, so his base Air Cannon would be superior as well.
Wait could you prove how base shigaraki is stronger than base afo? Last time I checked shigaraki is either weaker since 75% completed or equal since AFO could stop AM with his bare hands.

Now that you said it, I believe Afo never once threw a single punch except the ultimate quirk combination

AFO did physically clash with AM but AM wasn’t operating at full power because the shockwaves would’ve flattened nearby Bakugo.

I don’t think springlike limbs increases power, but allows AFO to handle the blowback from combining Air Cannon with multiple multipliers and power enhancers. Its spring-like, so it’d absorb shock.

Wait could you prove how base shigaraki is stronger than base afo? Last time I checked shigaraki is either weaker since 75% completed or equal since AFO could stop AM with his bare hands.
Because Base AFO is a normal human, when I say base I mean zero Quirks. If he's hit by Aizawa's Quirk he's done for, he has no way of fighting without his Quirks.

AFO uses Quirks to match All Might's strength, unless you seriously believe AFO just trained really hard to be as strong as Kamino All Might? The surgery Shigaraki went through was originally designed for AFO, which means he's vastly weaker than Shigaraki.

Last edited:
When was it stated AFO is a normal human? I’m pretty sure he has the complete version of the same surgery Shigaraki got. That’s why he can hold more quirks, including power enhancers, whereas Shigaraki cannot as “they would’ve overburdened his brain”.

The doctor heavily implies, when he begins operating on Shigaraki, that AFO got the surgery too: “HE could hold multiple quirks, so he saw this problem as a grave one“ (paraphrasing), referring to the body’s capacity and being unable to handle multiple quirks. Yet here he is in Kamino, holding multiple quirks, and multiple multipliers, while in a weakened state. AFO did tell the doctor to “hurry up and repair my body” all the way back somewhere in the Stain or Tournament arc, I forget which.

AFO is a normal human, he has no increased strength. He can hold multiple Quirks because he has AFO, he didn't instantly meet the doctor when he awakened his Quirk. He knew this would become a problem because his ability to take multiple Quirks.

Unless you believe AFO was brain dead until he met the doctor?

Repair his body because the top of his head is missing, and he needs tubes to survive.

There is zero implication he had any surgery, you have zero evidence to support your claim. Just baseless speculation, until proven otherwise AFO is a normal human without Quirks. And I'm 100% certain of this, since Shigaraki's Surgery was considered to once again be the doctor's masterpiece.

Edit: The doctor even says this research was intended to for AFO, which means he hasn't undergone the surgery.

So Base Shigaraki > Base AFO without a doubt, end of this discussion.

When was it stated AFO is a normal human? I’m pretty sure he has the complete version of the same surgery Shigaraki got. That’s why he can hold more quirks, including power enhancers, whereas Shigaraki cannot as “they would’ve overburdened his brain”.

The doctor heavily implies, when he begins operating on Shigaraki, that AFO got the surgery too: “HE could hold multiple quirks, so he saw this problem as a grave one“ (paraphrasing), referring to the body’s capacity and being unable to handle multiple quirks. Yet here he is in Kamino, holding multiple quirks, and multiple multipliers, while in a weakened state. AFO did tell the doctor to “hurry up and repair my body” all the way back somewhere in the Stain or Tournament arc, I forget which.
That’s referring to Nomu when he says overloading the brain. Because no one is supposed to be able to hold multiple quirks other than AFO himself. Because it’s HIS quirk. HIS body is the SOLE thing capable of holding multiple quirks with ease other than Quirkless people.

AFO has been holding multiple quirks since before the doctor. Remember when he started his rise in the first place? The decades of just ruling and conquering others? He had tons of quirks back then and he didn’t have the doctor.

He did not need a surgery. Idk where the thought that he got one is coming from.

He’s a normal guy with a ton of quirks to boost him higher. Base Shigaraki is definitely > Base AFO.

AFO literally physically contended with All Might while mentioning no quirk with his bare hands. How isn’t he superhuman?

His quirk is to take or give quirks. It is your burden to prove this somehow made him capable of holding multiple quirks without a drawback, when the doctor explicity says he recognised the problem of capacity.

AFO could hold multiple quirks without surgery, he can hold more with it. Just like Gigantomachia could hold multiple without being a Nomu. He’s a beast, but the surgery made him capable of so much more.

Show me where it’s stated that AFO is a completely normal human. What? Did he just sit around for YEARS and willingly refuse a free surgery which would make him All Might level without even needing OFA?? Why?? Is he just incredibly dumb all of a sudden??

"My research here... was originally intended for All For One."

The research he is talking about is improving the "hardware", fancy word for the body.

This clearly means AFO never got this surgery, if AFO did had the surgery the line word read that this was "only" intended for All For One. But that isn't the case, it was meant for AFO, which means it no longer is for AFO. The surgery is now for Shigaraki.

That doesn’t prove he didn’t get the surgery.

He was sitting, waiting around for years doing very little, yet refused a free surgery which could make him AM level without quirks? Seems like a major oversight.

What would his plan have been if Aizawa showed up?

Back