• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

Therefir, seem to be confusing Redestro /pushing against/ Ragnarok with what Redestro can do with his Stress Bombs. His lifting strength/muscle strength isn’t his greatest weapon, it’s his big ass bombs. This is like trying to scale someone to Endeavor’s max AP with flash fire because they managed to out-muscle him in an arm wrestle.

Therefir, seem to be confusing Redestro /pushing against/ Ragnarok with what Redestro can do with his Stress Bombs. His lifting strength/muscle strength isn’t his greatest weapon, it’s his big ass bombs. This is like trying to scale someone to Endeavor’s max AP with flash fire because they managed to out-muscle him in an arm wrestle.
Not the same thing, Re-Destro uses his Stress to enhance his own body, and he can materialize that power to attack his opponents, that's not something you can say about Endeavor.

"I extract my own stress, make it corporeal and blast it over a wide range" Here he is saying he is using the stress in his body to attack, he is not creating fire out of thin air like Endeavor.

To me this more like how Ki works in Dragon Ball.

Last edited:
Can you prove that him using Stress to enhance his body has the exact same stats as him concentrating all that power into a special move?

Why would it be any different? He's using the same Stress that enhanced and enlarged his body in the first place, do you have any evidence that his stress outside his body is somehow stronger? Because then his durability wouldn't scale and we would need to make a revision.

Why would it be any different? He's using the same Stress that enhanced and enlarged his body in the first place, do you have any evidence that his stress outside his body is somehow stronger? Because then his durability wouldn't scale and we would need to make a revision.
I think it's important to separate his abilities. His durability specifically comes from his stress armor which is an armor. We can see his body underneath.

He has size-changing which is what grants him the super strength.

Then the stress balls are made of corporeal stress.

It's like if Endeavor has flame armor. We wouldn't just scale it to Flashfire. Even with FlashFire, we can assume there's a difference between ordinary FlashFire and named FlashFire techniques. And each technique further varies in power.

Just because it's the same quirk doesn't mean every technique a character can use is equal. There is no reason for Re-destro's stress armor, size-changing and stress balls to be equal in power.

Because he focuses his Stress into a concentrated form to create those stress bombs which are miles stronger than his best physical showings let on. You really think 45% can replicate what Redestro did with his stress bombs? since Deku > Ragnarok > Redestro apparently.

It’s like saying Endeavor enveloping himself in his base, normal temp flames would carry the same AP as his strongest, full temp, full power Flashfire Fist moves.

I think it's important to separate his abilities. His durability specifically comes from his stress armor which is an armor. We can see his body underneath.
If that's the case then I don't see any difference between his stress armor and these stress bombs, all Re-Destro is doing is converting stress into something corporeal and using it to protect his body/perform powerful attacks.
Because he focuses his Stress into a concentrated form to create those stress bombs which are miles stronger than his best physical showings let on. You really think 45% can replicate what Redestro did with his stress bombs? since Deku > Ragnarok > Redestro apparently.
Where exactly does that "concentrates his stress to make stress bombs" come from? He said that he extracts his own stress and blast it over a wide range but that's about it.

I'm not sure about Dark Shadow but I do believe 45% Deku is stronger than Re-Destro, it's not like AFO Shigaraki performed better feats himself, or much of the top tier characters for that matter.

Last edited:
LMAO, no way.

So far 45%s best AOE feats are an air pressure shockwave that covered a street while trying to stop a decay wave so maybe city block to multi-city block.

Another air pressure shockwave that displaced part of a waterway when he beat Muscular.

45% doesn't actually have any good AOE showings so far. The best AOE showings still remain with 100%. Also another thing I've noticed is that even with 100%, Hori still doesn't give Deku the same level of showings and hype as All Might. Like All Might's casual punch at the end of season 2.

All Might is presented as larger than life while Deku's power is more grounded.

Re Destros Clash with Dark Shadow shouldn't be anything AP related, it's more like a giant wrestling struggle trying to push one another to the ground.

Trying to make it AP related is like scaling a normal bodybuilder to mike tyson because they arm wrestled.

Last edited:
Though I think Nomu was needed. I'm pretty sure they learned more about Nomus from the USJ nomu after he fell. So without him they would probably have less evidence and stuff.

Machia is outmatched speedwise.

And while he does have durability quirks, I don't think they are the same level as Shock Absorption.

Gigantomachia is able to tag Shigaraki who should at least be as fast as Dabi who can tag Hawks who should at least be as fast as Mirko who is comparable to High Ends therefore Gigantomachia is as fast as All Might. Duh. /s.

All Might is too fast and his punches would be cracking and breaking apart Machia's armor in large scales. Fight is over pretty shortly.

Nomu was only a threat because he's very resistant to blunt damage and his speed was that of All Might's.

Just read the latest chapter. Number 6 went god mode meaning this is the fight or flight statement that was brought up that adds at least a dozen times multiplier. Making Mr Shooty Go Blam MHS for reacting to said attacks from god mode 6.

All Might is too fast and his punches would be cracking and breaking apart Machia's armor in large scales. Fight is over pretty shortly.

Nomu was only a threat because he's very resistant to blunt damage and his speed was that of All Might's.
This^ Gigantomachia has zero shock absorption and regen he’d be out after 5 punches max

Mr shooty go blam is seen reacting to god mode number 6. We see the og user of overclock or I think the consciousness of overclock itself tell him he has 2 options run which is the smart idea or the other idea which was number 6s original plan in the first place which is to fight. Warranting the statement “Fight or flight” in emergency situations that grants number 6 MHS speeds. We see Mr shooty go blam react to everything thrown from him and then get another statement telling number 6 that he should never fight against him

Mr shooty go blam is seen reacting to god mode number 6. We see the og user of overclock or I think the consciousness of overclock itself tell him he has 2 options run which is the smart idea or the other idea which was number 6s original plan in the first place which is to fight. Warranting the statement “Fight or flight” in emergency situations that grants number 6 MHS speeds. We see Mr shooty go blam react to everything thrown from him and then get another statement telling number 6 that he should never fight against him
oh, are you talking about vigilantes? Im not going to lie I was confused

Vigilantes in general needs a major revision, since their profiles haven't been touched up in ages.

I've been planning one of my own, but I've been having difficulties with finding feats to calc to get proper ratings for the characters.

At the least Koichi should be scaling to O'Clock's speed, even if it isn't in a conventional way.

Last edited:
I think Vigilantes is a bit iffy written; Six should’ve either been really super fast and have no one able to keep up in a conventional matter, or only have an insane perception and brain speed boost. Because as it stands, a random civilian with a decent quirk now being as fast/faster than top pro heroes by getting into street scuffles for a few years is a biiiiiiit silly to me.

If Six didn’t have that insane feat of Flash-timing that Mob of cops way back, I’d be less iffy.

Back