• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

Without going too deep, I'd say Nagant is slower than Mirko. Unless you meant Bullet speed, but I assume not.

Since Nagant is slower than 45% Izuku. Yes she scales to Izuku, but she just barely does. She reacts to his movements from a large distance, which gives her more time to react than if he was up close to her. Like how you can see a Supersonic jet moving through the air, even though they can travel over 300 meters in a second.

Up close Izuku was confident in taking Nagant out, the only reason he failed was because his body froze up from using multiple Quirks. Had that not happened he would've restrained or at least dodge that strike to his stomach without letting go of her.

Nagant was able to dodge his pinpoint blackwhip strike, glance down at the building as he Fa Jim’s through it, was able to percieve and tag him when using Faux 100% and gave him immense difficulty with her bullet spam. I’d say she’s fairly comparable in speed to Deku regardless of distance.

Pinpoint was from over dozens of meters away, the distance she moved in comparison was rather minuscule (She moved her head to the side). Unless we're saying she dodged when it was centimeters away from her face or something. The dodge isn't very impressive, she could be two times slower and still dodge that attack.

She did not tag him when he used Faux 100%, she never tags him period. What do you mean she tagged him? She hit him in the gut because he froze up, with the implication being that if that didn't happened the fight would've ended right there.

Her bullet speed does not equal her reaction speed (I assume we aren't talking about her bullets), since her bullets can outpace 45% Izuku and Nagant is not faster than him. The arm graze is not that impressive either, since the distance she turned does not equal to distance he moved in comparison. She moved far less than he did.

Last edited:
When Deku uses Fa Jin to save Overhaul, she fired a second shot and hits Deku in the arm. It’s unknown whether it was before or during the speed boost which it hit but either way he was boosting at her at 45% speed and she still perceived and hit him. But Nagant herself still tracked Deku with her eyes as he sped fast at full speed, and was able to percieve that he was able to catch up to her bullet.

Deku isn’t notably faster than Nagant; they’re just different. She has insane reaction and perception speed and he has insane movement speed. But she’s capable of avoiding some hits from him like Blackwhip. He only ever hit her with Faux 100% speed with a 45% kick during it.

Perception does not equal reaction/combat speed, nor am I trying to imply that he can casually blitz her or something. Also nothing says she saw him moving while he was using Fa Jin, her reaction would've been the same even if she couldn't track him. Izuku was over dozens of meters, around 80 last I check.

She has a much easier time tracking him from a distance, as once again a Supersonic object that's 1 meter away from you would vanish to a normal human's eye. However a Supersonic object that is 100 meters away is easily trackable.

Dodging Blackwhip pinpoint strike is worthless honestly, he was so far away that it doesn't matter. Unless you can provide actually evidence that she didn't dodge the attack until it was centimeters from her face.

Izuku 45%>Nagant without a doubt, that's what I'm trying to say. This goes along with Izuku being confidant in taking Nagant out if he got close to her, he froze up due to using multiple Quirks. If that didn't happened he would've ended the fight right there no questions about it.

She did not hit him while he used Fa Jin. Izuku did not use Fa Jin until he launched himself at Overhaul, she hit him while he was swinging around the building. His arm is already bleeding clearly before he uses Fa Jin. Fa Jin is a instant boost, not a few second boost so he had to activate it right when he was in position.

He used one leg to launch himself at Chisaki, and the other to launch back at Nagant. She is vastly inferior to Fa Jin, she does not scale to that speed period.

She reacted to and perceived his Fa Jin speed. She straight up tracks him with her eyes, then says “he caught up with my bullet!” implying she was able to percieve him catching up to her bullet at Fa Jin Faux 100% speed meaning she can percieve and react to her own bullets. Or are you saying Horikoshi drew her eyes following him here for no reason?

Deku isn’t even that far away from her, same when he used Pinpoint strike. When he reeled himself in he didn’t instantly reach her and she even managed to jump away and get some distance between them.

This isn’t a “tracking a supersonic object 100 metres” away scenario, this is a “tracking a hypersonic object less than 30m away and following it with your eyes and turning your head as it flies past you” scenario.

Futhermore, when she fired at Chisaki with her FULL SPEED bullet, she was able to aim BACK at Deku before her bullet even travelled a far distance and before Deku activated Fa Jin.

Imagine the combo of all of class 1-A putting all their strength together to throw Kirishima as hard as possible into someone like Gigantomachia.

30 meters away is a massive difference, do you understand how this works?

That is not Fa Jin, stop saying that it is. He used Fa Jin's boost after that, or is Izuku lying now? That's him swinging around the building at 45%, Fa Jin was used later, it is literally impossible for him to have used Fa Jin to swing around the building. It breaks the entire scene, he isn't using Fa Jin but is about is about to.

Let's do a calc, just to prove my point.

Let's say Izuku was 10 meters away, Nagant head size is around 22 cm and the Pinpoint Strike is the same size. In this scenario she needs to move her head 22 cm to avoid being touched.

In this case let's just say Izuku's attack is moving at speed of sound or 343 m/s. Timeframe Would be 0.0291545 seconds. Nagant's Speed would be 7.546 m/s. She is moving at 2.2% the speed that his attack is moving at. Even assuming she moved her head when it was around half that distance or 5 meters is still 4.4% or 15 m/s.

For her to even be equal in speed with that attack, she'd have to move her head when Blackwhip was 22 cm away from her face.

I'm not saying Nagant is blitzed by Izuku, but he was very confidant in defeating her had he gotten close to her. Nagant is not massively slower, I doubt she's more than 2X slower in reaction speed. But she is without a doubt slower than 45%, a clear difference.

Last edited:
That’s him using Fa Jin… that’s why he suddenly speeds up several tens of times and surprises Nagant. That entire curve is him boosting with Fa Jin. He uses it, then we get the description of what it does.

“it is literally impossible for him to have used Fa Jin to swing around the building”

How so?

If Nagant isn’t scaling to Deku because he was 30m away at best, then Wolfram shouldn’t have a high hypersonic rating because All Might and Deku were MUUUUUCH further than Nagant was from Deku. But Wolfram scales but Nagant shouldn’t?

The entire way he reaches 100% speed is by using Fa Jin WITH centrifugal force WITH 45%. Not 45%, and then centrifugal force, followed by Fa Jin a second later. It’s all at once.

OK genuine question. What do you guys think of this take: Mirko is relative to Nagant because the Nomus mirko fought=< usj nomu
The day people leave USJ Nomu alone on here, the day the MHA profiles will be golden.

Mirko and other characters with strength/speed enhancing quirks are just mini-All Mights.

They aren't changing the weather in with their punches any time soon and unless they have a quirk that can bypass blunt force durability, they aren't getting through Shock Absorption.

A better match-up for USJ Nomu would be characters with elemental quirks cause we did see Todoroki's ice could harm him and Shock Absorption doesn't seem to work against Elemental attacks like freezing.

The day people leave USJ Nomu alone on here, the day the MHA profiles will be golden.

Mirko and other characters with strength/speed enhancing quirks are just mini-All Mights.

They aren't changing the weather in with their punches any time soon and unless they have a quirk that can bypass blunt force durability, they aren't getting through Shock Absorption.

A better match-up for USJ Nomu would be characters with elemental quirks cause we did see Todoroki's ice could harm him and Shock Absorption doesn't seem to work against Elemental attacks like freezing.
Yeah like Endeavor could probably bypass it an neg USJ Nomu. Or just people similar to him.

Question why is Shoto's Feat of freezing the USJ Nomu listed in his last key?

Can ignore conventional durability (His ice attacks were able to freeze the USJ Nomu despite it being as durable as All Might.)

Key: Paranormal Liberation War Arc

Nagant definitely scales to her bullet speed physically in a way. She is able to fire a second shot in a different direction before her first shot reaches its target.

I always figured USJ Nomu was easier to freeze and broke because of the freezing because he was made of rubber; or a rubber like substance, hence the shock absorption quirk. Todoroki never does it again. Not even against Chimera did that happen, and “he was holding back” isn’t an argument because he explicity did a Flashfire version (aka, MAX TEMP AND POWER) version with his ice side.

That’s why the anime gave him that very weird jiggly arm when All Might clashed with him.

Last edited:
Nagant definitely scales to her bullet speed physically in a way. She is able to fire a second shot in a different direction before her first shot reaches its target.
She was able to do that, AND turn her head to follow Deku’s Faux 100% speed in a very small time frame. She’s definitely not lacking in physical speed.

That’s him using Fa Jin… that’s why he suddenly speeds up several tens of times and surprises Nagant. That entire curve is him boosting with Fa Jin. He uses it, then we get the description of what it does.
Incredible how instead of acknowledging my points you decide to bring in something unrelated. Since apparently I said that Nagant doesn't scale to Izuku, even though I've said multiple times that she scales to him. Why the hell are you acting like I'm saying Nagant gets blitz and doesn't scale to anything?

In this wiki, Nagant is comparable in speed to 45% Izuku. For the sake of argument and not being confusing her speed is on par with his own. In my personally opinion, she's slightly slower. Just enough to make a clear difference but not enough to make a massive one or change the outcome of their fight.

His speed didn't increase there, Izuku just swung around the building because he needed to get into place before he used Fa Jin.

It's not Fa Jin period, use your own head. Izuku can't use Fa Jin to swing around the building, since he wouldn't have anything to use to launch himself at Nagant. Also don't say his legs glowing is proof, Izuku's legs glow even when he is storing up Fa Jin or is ready to use it, it doesn't only glow at the moment he uses it.

See here and here, both glowing and he's not using the boost. Izuku even confirms in his thoughts that he was storing energy in that second scan, which is when he was dodging Nagant's bullets. And both of his legs are glowing, unless your saying he used Fa Jin in both of his legs to spin around the building?

Also another thing, this scan right here shows further proof. See that close up to Izuku's foot and how it's bending, he's about to kick to use Faux 100%. He's about to use the built up energy in his leg, he's about to use Fa Jin to propel himself. He did not use Fa Jin before this moment, or we would've him seen him prepare to do so.

Look at Izuku's left leg here, see how it has that super speed blur? While his right like is curved up and has no super speed blur lines or whatever. That's because he just kicked and his leg is still in that straight motion. He ricked in the scan before which shows the close up to his left leg, which is after the building swing.

How would Izuku use Fa Jin to spin around the building, launch himself at Chisaki, and than at Nagant? Please also explain how he uses Fa Jin three times? He can't use Fa Jin to swing around the building or he wouldn't been sent flying around the building. He would've wrapped around it due to his angular momentum.

Yet he reachs Chisaki in a straight line, because he uses Fa Jin after the swing. That's why they have a close up shot of his left leg, he's about to kick off.

No need to be so aggressive.

”It's not Fa Jin period, use your own head. Izuku can't use Fa Jin to swing around the building, since he wouldn't have anything to use to launch himself at Nagant.”

This… makes absolutely no sense to me…
He can’t use Fa Jin to swing around a building, because he can’t launch himself at Nagant, despite the fact he shifted his goal from getting Nagant to saving Overhaul? Please, make sense. I don’t understand what you said. For realsies. I never said anything about his legs glowing.

Deku uses FA JIN to swing around the building. That’s why he suddenly speeds up tens of times and absolutely surprises Nagant when a few panels before she was able to still react to him already coming at her with a mere “he’s fast!” but was still able to take aim and hit him, but then he sped up with Fa Jin, swinging around the building.

Nagant fires at Overhaul, Deku fires black whip at the building beside him, blackwhip lands, Nagant aims back at Deku and fires a second shot, Deku uses Fa Jin on his left leg and goes super fast, swinging around the building at Faux 100% speed, pushes Chisaki, turns, uses black whip to stop himself and build up centrifugal force again, then fires Fa Jin on his right leg and flies back at Nagant.

You DO know he can fire off Fa Jin on each individual limb, right? That’s what that scene showed us. “still got one leg’s worth of fa jin stored up!”. He can store and release on each limb. He doesnt fire it all at once.

The fact Nagant’s sentence gets cut off should clue you in to him suddenly boosting with Fa Jin. It’s a common trope; the bad guy saying something but then getting cut off when the MC suddenly does something a multitude more powerful than what they just did.

Deku getting hit by her bullet there doesn’t mean her bullet is the same speed as his Fa Jin/Faux 100%. It just means that he hit the bullet in the middle of his speed up process.

Unless I’m misunderstanding some part of what’s being said right now.

No need to be so aggressive.
Apologies if I came off as aggressive, I try not to be but usually end up doing so even if that isn't my intent. This is just how I speak, I try to limit myself but have a hard time understanding what sounds aggressive and what doesn't.

"Nagant fires at Overhaul, Deku fires black whip at the building beside him, blackwhip lands, Nagant aims back at Deku and fires a second shot, Deku uses Fa Jin on his left leg and goes super fast, swinging around the building at Faux 100% speed, pushes Chisaki, turns, uses black whip to stop himself and build up centrifugal force again, then fires Fa Jin on his right leg and flies back at Nagant."

This is impossible because of the position of his legs, your ignoring the paneling of the scene to support your false assumption. Izuku can't fly straight at Chisaki if he uses Fa Jin to spin around the building, what happen to all of his angular momentum?

His leg is shown to be straight when he reaches Chisaki, are you ignoring this for a certain reason. I'd prefer if you answer that instead of repeating your assumptions.

We get a close up show of his leg bending and glowing with Fa Jin, next shot is Faux 100% and his left leg is straight and is blurred with his speed. While his right leg is curved up, with no super speed blur to be seen. That is 100% proof that he used Fa Jin after the swing, I've provided evidence of this.

You must either debunk this or prove that he used Fa Jin earlier, can you?

Edit: Close up shot of Izuku's left leg, glowing with Fa Jin.

Faux 100%, Izuku's left leg is now snapped straight and is blurred. While his right leg has no blur, and is curved.

This seems clear to me that he used Fa Jin after the initial swing.

Last edited:
Swinging with Blackwhip makes him faster too, btw. It’s swinging with Blackwhip + Fa Jin that makes Faux 100%. So him swinging around the building itself is already a speed up, so he doesn’t need to have used Fa Jin there.

“This is impossible because of the position of his legs, your ignoring the paneling of the scene to support your false assumption. Izuku can't fly straight at Chisaki if he uses Fa Jin to spin around the building, what happen to all of his angular momentum?”

Again, this makes no sense to me. What are you talking about? Why can’t he fly straight at Chisaki?? He’s swinging around the building with Fa Jin and Blackwhip. He detaches Blackwhip when he’s heading towards Chisaki.

”His leg is shown to be straight when he reaches Chisaki, are you ignoring this for a certain reason.”

This means nothing so I didn’t respond to it. Of course it’s straight; he uses Fa Jin to shuttle himself forward. He doesn’t kick with it. It’s like Recipro Burst but from his sole. What is there to discuss here? It doesn’t change the fact he used Fa Jin when he was swinging, not after.

That wasn’t proof of anything. He used Fa Jin during the swing. He was using it throughout the whole swing, like a rocket, he was using Fa Jin to boost himself and ACCELERATE throughout the whole swing and using centrifugal force to help.

Swinging with Blackwhip makes him faster too, btw. It’s swinging with Blackwhip + Fa Jin that makes Faux 100%. So him swinging around the building itself is already a speed up, so he doesn’t need to have used Fa Jin there.
The point of Faux 100% is to COMBINE centrifugal force AND Fa Jin at the same time to get an insane speed; not centrifugal force AND THEN Fa Jin.

Also, Deku does not kick with the leg he uses Fa Jin on. It just BOOSTS out, like Meteoric Burst from Boros in One Punch Man. He uses energy to shuttle himself forward at high speed.

For now I think it is best to agree to disagree, this conversation is kind of pointless (It doesn't change Nagant's rating) and I don't want to start any drama or build bad blood.

Once again, apologies if I offended or annoyed you in anyway.

The point of Faux 100% is to COMBINE centrifugal force AND Fa Jin at the same time to get an insane speed; not centrifugal force AND THEN Fa Jin.
You know centrifugal force doesn’t magically stop when you go past something right?

He swung past the bullet with the centrifugal force, and while he was still swinging with that force, he activated Fa Jin, giving him Faux 100%

So he didn’t have Fa Jin active when he got scraped by the bullet.
I'm pretty sure 45%+fa Jin is faux 100% or send scans where black whip is included🗿
I-it’s literally stated when he does it? He says Fa Jin + 45% + Centrifugal Force is what gives him Faux 100%? And he gets the centrifugal force from Blackwhip? Did you even read the explanation he gave right before he even did it?

Fa Jin alone does not give him Faux 100%

If you’re memeing though then mb lol

I-it’s literally stated when he does it? He says Fa Jin + 45% + Centrifugal Force is what gives him Faux 100%? And he gets the centrifugal force from Blackwhip? Did you even read the explanation he gave right before he even did it?

Fa Jin alone does not give him Faux 100%

If you’re memeing though then mb lol
I just asked for scans, can't search them right now so I thought you would have them🗿

Wait till end of series and see how big his profile will be by then
True. He will prob have a smash for different uses and each smash will be named after a something and his final smash will be united world smash where he punched with enough force to destroy the world completely. And then he will also gain every quirk and make it into a single move and be outerversal

Back