• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

It's the old adage of MHA fans watching/reading MHA with their eyes closed all over again.
They're the reason why the anime series repeats shit all the time.
MHA "fans" have worse takes than MHA haters. I rather listen to people say they don't like Deku because he cries rather than listen to "fans" say Deku hurt Bakugou more than Bakugou did Deku.

MHA "fans" have worse takes than MHA haters. I rather listen to people say they don't like Deku because he cries rather than listen to "fans" say Deku hurt Bakugou more than Bakugou did Deku.
It's so sad how many "fans" will try to defend what Bakugo did to Deku just because he's their "precious bby" or something like that. Also, Bakugo x Deku is a godawful ship and that's just an objective fact.

On the top right here, Muscular is locked up. Tartarus’ auto security system only activates when quirks are used, so I like to imagine that he’s locked up because he kept punching the wall with his bare base strength and was putting dents in it.

Also it’s weird that Kurogiri is shown in the image above, if those panels are supposed to be taking place right before AFO broke in, since the newest chapter says he was moved after Aizawa and Mic spoke to him. Guess it was a retcon.

Pretty sure that was done on purpose, a red herring so to speak. We don't actually see if Kurogiri in Tartarus, also the chair and the walls in that panel are the same in both Central and Tartarus. I'm positive this was planned by Horikoshi even back then. It makes sense Kurogiri wasn't there since AFO wasn't using him to travel. In fact I saw people complaining about AFO not using Kurogiri's warp, and even said it was a massive plot hole.

Also he was transported in secret as well, likely so AFO wouldn't know his location. Considering he didn't attack the hospital the night he was freed, I imagine he didn't know Kurogiri was gone until the Prison Break.

Pretty sure that was done on purpose, a red herring so to speak. We don't actually see if Kurogiri in Tartarus, also the chair and the walls in that panel are the same in both Central and Tartarus. I'm positive this was planned by Horikoshi even back then. It makes sense Kurogiri wasn't there since AFO wasn't using him to travel. In fact I saw people complaining about AFO not using Kurogiri's warp, and even said it was a massive plot hole.

Also he was transported in secret as well, likely so AFO wouldn't know his location. Considering he didn't attack the hospital the night he was freed, I imagine he didn't know Kurogiri was gone until the Prison Break.
Rusty thread plssss

This is theoretical since these two characters never fought but in universe do you think a full power Attack from Re-Destro would harm Endeavor? I always found it weird having Endeavor being hundreds of times stronger than him.

In universe I'm positive he could, honestly I personally think that his strength might not be that far off from 75% Shigaraki's own strength. Re-Destro is only 8-A because he has no direct scaling to anything else, if he's shown being on par with any of the Top Tiers in the future there should be no problem with him scaling.

In terms of the manga only, Re-Destro has the third best feat in terms of AP. Only behind All Might's storm punch and Machia leaving a crater in a mountain.

Edit: Yes his shockwave feat is bigger than All Might and AFO's clash, and it's stronger than AFO destroying a city block.

I feel like Full Power Re Destro could possibly be a legitimate third party in the final Kamino Ward Fight though i still feel All Might and AFO have the edge in strength.

Re-Destro lost to Ragnarok Dark Shadow though, who in turn lost to 45% Deku.

I don't buy the prosthetic legs excuse, they could clearly hold his power and weight for some time, and they are big enough to look normal in his giant form, which wouldn't make sense if they weren't built for it.

Re-Destro was also defeated by someone who couldn't even scratch AFO at his weakest.

Re-Destro never threw a single attack at Dark Shadow, he just stood there and tried to stop it. That just means his legs can't withstand the impact of Dark Shadow's attack, that means literally nothing for his own strength.

Had Re-Destro launched an attack first I'd agree, but that's not what happened. If Horikoshi wanted to show Re-Destro<Dark Shadow, he doesn't need to have his legs break.

Even after Re-Destro transformed into his 100% form and confronted Dark Shadow, he was unable to stop him on his tracks, his prosthetic legs held out for some time but he did nothing besides keep getting pushed forward.

Also, Dark Shadow was afraid of Gigantomachia, who was at his weakest state (8-A), but apparently did not fear Re-Destro.

To be honest, I'm surprised Dark Shadow: Ragnarok doesn't scale to Re-Destro. Yeah, there's the whole prosthetic legs thing, but they were legitimately clashing and I'm pretty sure once Re-Destro got sent flying, he was out of the fight for a bit.

I don't see how Dark Shadow being a afraid of Machia means anything, and I don't understand what you mean. Though should Dark Shadow have some kind of enhance sense or power sensing because of that, since Machia wasn't doing anything and he wasn't even that big but DS was still scared and was certain he was more powerful than Re-Destro.

Re-Destro transformed and tried to push back against Dark Shadow, his legs broke against Dark Shadow's power. Re-Destro did not launch any type of attack, at best that'd be a lifting strength feat not AP. Re-Destro did not, and I repeat did not attack Dark Shadow whatsoever. He just tried to stop him and his legs broke, they did not struggle for any period of time.

Re-Destro was shown to be conscious with no implication he was knocked out, and he had zero injuries. He was just waiting for someone to bring him another pair of legs.

At the least I don't agree with Dark Shadow scaling to Re-Destro.

If even a sleeping Gigantomachia is considered stronger than 100% Re-Destro, shouldn't Mount Lady and the others also scale? It would also prove that his power is no big deal.

That's why I question if Dark Shadow could sense power or something, because it seems weird that Machia at his possible weakest would be superior to Re-Destro. Also because Machia isn't doing anything, Dark Shadow can't be judging his power normally.

Though only Mount Lady and Kirishima's unbreakable durability would scale. I don't believe anyone else scales to a casual Machia.

I don't think Re Destro is on the level of Gigantomachia i just have a hard time believing in universe he can attack Endeavor all he wants causing no damage

I don't think Re Destro is on the level of Gigantomachia i just have a hard time believing in universe he can attack Endeavor all he wants causing no damage
To be fair Endeavor punched Gigantomachia at his strongest state and actually caused some damage to his armor, he is really strong.

Back