• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

Does anything think Nine's Durability should be "At most Mountain Level" since it only took two 100% attacks to incapacitate him without his barriers?

Also what about Muscular's high end durability being "At most 7-B + with muscle fibers" since it literally only took 3 100% punches to take him down.

Also what about Muscular's high end durability being "At most 7-B + with muscle fibers" since it literally only took 3 100% punches to take him down.
100% Deku and Muscular clashed for a long period of time, and he was only defeated because Deku destroyed his muscular armor with a full-handed Delaware Smash and then received an adrenaline-enhanced Detroit Smash.

100% Deku and Muscular clashed for a long period of time, and he was only defeated because Deku destroyed his muscular armor with a full-handed Delaware Smash and then received an adrenaline-enhanced Detroit Smash.
Alright, what do you think about Nine's durability then?

To be specific against Muscular, Deku’s fist was pretty much trapped inside his muscles. “Delaware Smash” was literally just Deku opening his hand at 100% and that was enough to push the armour off, then he slapped him with a Detroit Smash.

Last I checked Cap wasn’t even a bullet timer and Cap scales to the likes of Thanos and Co. All the Avengers are generally equal in speed and reactions to eachother and Quicksilver is the only one in the verse who’s actually bullet timing level and he blitzes EVERYONE that isn’t himself.

I fundamentally disagree with any fan calcs putting the MCU above bullet timing.
Thanos scales to Awakened Thor who downscales from Hela who blocked Thor's natural lightning. Only Cap with Mjonir (the hammer that gives you the powers of Thor btw) scales to Thanos. Anyone else who doesn't scale directly from Hela or Thanos scales to a different feat. There's no reason for Thor, Mark 50 Tony, or Hulk to be on the same speed as everyone else.

But idc, believe what you wanna.

Thanos scales to Awakened Thor who downscales from Hela who blocked Thor's natural lightning. Only Cap with Mjonir (the hammer that gives you the powers of Thor btw) scales to Thanos. Anyone else who doesn't scale directly from Hela or Thanos scales to a different feat. There's no reason for Thor, Mark 50 Tony, or Hulk to be on the same speed as everyone else.

But idc, believe what you wanna.
Unless lightning comes from the clouds there is no reason to assume that a lightning attack is as fast as natural lightning

This goes for series like One Piece, Naruto ei lightning release jutsus etc

There's no reason for me to assume that attack Hela blocked is any faster or even as fast as Kaminari's electrical attack that Tokoyami blocked

Thor creates his own storms and then uses that lightning in his attacks on several occasions and this is explicitly shown. Being picky because all of them aren't shown to come directly from clouds is silly.

Thor creates his own storms and then uses that lightning in his attacks on several occasions and this is explicitly shown. Being picky because all of them aren't shown to come directly from clouds is silly.
Then you need to prove that the attack coming directly from the hammer is MHS+ speed, considering the overall piss poor stats of the MCU, my scenario is much more likely than yours is.

Why do I need to do I need to prove all Thor's lightning attacks are natural lightning if we already see him use storms directly on several occasions and additional contextual implications that he utilizes natural lightning?

Anywho, I don't have much care to argue with you on this anymore. I didn't come to the MHA discussion thread to talk about MCU speed scaling. If you want to change something make a CRT for it.

Why do I need to do I need to prove all Thor's lightning attacks are natural lightning if we already see him use storms directly on several occasions and additional contextual implications that he utilizes natural lightning?

Anywho, I don't have much care to argue with you on this anymore. I didn't come to the MHA discussion thread to talk about MCU speed scaling. If you want to change something make a CRT for it.
You don't need to prove that Thor's lightning attacks are natural lightning, you need to prove that his lightning from Mjolnir is MHS+. Lighting/Electrical based attacks don't have a set speed like a bullet does and its speed is heavily dependent on how strong its electric field is, in this case you'd have to prove that Thor/Mjolnir are generating an electric field strong enough to accelerate lightning as fast it would be accelerated if it came from the clouds

You cannot...this same thing goes for anyone supposed "lightning/electric"
You also say you don't care to argue but you had no issue bringing it up in the first place until someone challenged you on it

Last thing I will say though since this isn't really the thread for it, lets keep in mind that one of the fastest characters in the MCU couldn't even save Hawkeye from the Quinjet's Gatlin Gun and rather than move Hawkeye out of the way had no choice but to take the shots and sacrifice himself, keep in mind this same character was able to essentially statue Thor, Iron Man and Cap but still wasn't fast enough to save someone from a gatling gun, but sure the characters slower than he is are MHS+ because of "arbitrary lightning"

This is my hero thread not MCU. Naturally MCU just like any other verse has it's wankers.

Unlike DC where multiple S class characters have superspeed in one form or another as an established superpower, Marvel top tiers don't have that and their few speed feats come from vague outliers. Naturally this has translated into the MCU.

Cap was able to fight with Tony and Thor with Thanos before he picked up Mjolnir. No character in that fight was noticeably faster than the other. No one was blitzing. Cap WAS blitzed by Quicksilver, who’s only a /little/ faster than AK-47’s and pistol rounds. So clearly everyone he’s fighting with (like Thanos) scale to Cap’s speed not Quicksilver’s.

But sure, outliers including magically induced lightning take precedent over more grounded and consistent feats, I guess. But since this is an MHA thread I guess we can’t talk about it.

“Deku is learning how to use quirks too fast. Quirks take insane amount of training to use, like blackwhip!”

Nagant, Shigaraki, Nine, Bakugo, Overhaul, Nomu’s: Are we a joke to you? We didn’t need to train at all whenever we were given or manifested a new quirk.

I just want Deku to master Float I'm combination with OfA and start flying like Superman instead of just leaping around.

I just want Deku to master Float I'm combination with OfA and start flying like Superman instead of just leaping around.
He already has mastered float. He’s floating, isn’t he? That’s literally all it does. It’s like Uraraka but only for himself.

He uses Air Force to boost himself around, that’s how he dodged Muscular in the air, and was also kind of doing the same thing against Shigaraki by breaking his legs to counteract the force of his own punches and to fly around.

In the same chapter with the mind control villain guy recently he was clearly shown floating miles above the city in one panel. “Float” isn’t “Flight”.

As I thought, Kurogiri wasn't in Tartarus but was moved somewhere else after they got him to talk that first time. It makes sense, they didn't need Tartarus to keep him restrained since all they did was keep him asleep until Aizawa came over. Not only that but in central they can have Aizawa and Mic reach out to Shirakumo constantly, all while monitoring him and having better understanding of the Nomu process.

Maybe even find a way to bring out Shirakumo's personality for good?

As I thought, Kurogiri wasn't in Tartarus but was moved somewhere else after they got him to talk that first time. It makes sense, they didn't need Tartarus to keep him restrained since all they did was keep him asleep until Aizawa came over. Not only that but in central they can have Aizawa and Mic reach out to Shirakumo constantly, all while monitoring him and having better understanding of the Nomu process.

Maybe even find a way to bring out Shirakumo's personality for good?
My thread pleaseee help

I saw someone say Nagant sucks because ”we’ve never had foreshadowing of the hero comittee taking kids in to use them as weapons.”

Hawks: Am I a joke to you?

It's the old adage of MHA fans watching/reading MHA with their eyes closed all over again.
They're the reason why the anime series repeats shit all the time.

Back