• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

If Deku didn’t have Danger Sense on, was at full health and Class 1-A wanted to “subdue him at all costs”, could they have managed? How much could they wear Deku down??

If Deku didn’t have Danger Sense on, was at full health and Class 1-A wanted to “subdue him at all costs”, could they have managed? How much could they wear Deku down??
No. At best they could freeze him up or make him weightless (if Shoto and Ochako are even fast enough for that) but they won't be able to stop him at all.

Uraraka could be pretty useful in a final battle against Shigaraki with all the class involved considering she can get everyone off the ground to avoid Decay waves. And if she somehow tags Shigaraki, he’d have trouble adjusting to being weightless, and wouldnt be able to decay wave anymore since he wouldn’t be able to touch the ground for a long period of time.
Wouldn't the final battle with Shigiraki be when he's perfected I'm pretty sure he'd be above AFO in his prime by then and we don't know how ridiculous his future stolen quirks would be.

There was a YouTube “powerscaling“ video where the person said Mirio punches with “at least nuke levels of force” and I’m too tired to think about that BS.
There's a ton of characters that could apply to on our wiki which I'm equally exasperated by.

Wouldn't the final battle with Shigiraki be when he's perfected I'm pretty sure he'd be above AFO in his prime by then and we don't know how ridiculous his future stolen quirks would be.
If Shigaraki gets completed, everyone loses, unless Deku suddenly can use 100% at all times with no drawbacks without Fa Jin.

All Might BARELY beat AFO back in their haydays when AFO didn’t even have regen, something Shigaraki has, and the only reason pretty much anyone survived the War Arc was because Shigaraki’s body wasn’t complete and the regen wasn’t able to keep up with his own body ripping itself apart along with everyone else wailing on him.

So I doubt the final battle will be against perfected Shigaraki. The heroes are in a rush and Deku was desperate to find Shigaraki ASAP for a reason.

There's a ton of characters that could apply to on our wiki which I'm equally exasperated by.
Things probably won't change as long as there isn't collective effort and as long as the battleboarding culture of acquiring the maximum possible results is still in practice.

If Shigaraki gets completed, everyone loses, unless Deku suddenly can use 100% at all times with no drawbacks without Fa Jin.

All Might BARELY beat AFO back in their haydays when AFO didn’t even have regen, something Shigaraki has, and the only reason pretty much anyone survived the War Arc was because Shigaraki’s body wasn’t complete and the regen wasn’t able to keep up with his own body ripping itself apart along with everyone else wailing on him.

So I doubt the final battle will be against perfected Shigaraki. The heroes are in a rush and Deku was desperate to find Shigaraki ASAP for a reason.
I have hope shigaraki will be completed and ofa stock pile evolves so much deku gets planetary ap and ftl speeds. Though thats just wishful thinking

There was a YouTube “powerscaling“ video where the person said Mirio punches with “at least nuke levels of force” and I’m too tired to think about that BS.
No different from some of the scaling here. This site is notorious on other platforms for its wank.

though to be fair from what i have seen this site is better than 99% shit outside, ESPECIALLY tiktok good god that place is scary for the simple fact that you will lose brain cells passively just by being there on the power scaling community

I just want to know the exact list of quirks Shigaraki possesses. Like a full list and explanation of the quirks one by one.

At least we got one for Gigantomachia. We never got one for AFO in Kamino.

Hey, the Firelords created the Sun and keep it in existence with their power.
Most people's issue I believe lies in the fact that maintaining the existence of something doesn't immediately equate to how hard someone can punch or how hard they can get punched.
I'm pretty sure this wiki got into a shitstorm about this topic, concerning a specific verse.

Cave Story IMO is guilty of this. Not sure about Dark Souls as I never played it.

Most people's issue I believe lies in the fact that maintaining the existence of something doesn't immediately equate to how hard someone can punch or how hard they can get punched.
I'm pretty sure this wiki got into a shitstorm about this topic, concerning a specific verse.

Cave Story IMO is guilty of this. Not sure about Dark Souls as I never played it.
They still created the Sun given what Therefir said so I guess it still counts. I have not played the game either BTW.

Hey, the Firelords created the Sun and keep it in existence with their power.
They didn’t ”create the sun”, their souls which they got from the first flame simply fuel the first flame. The “sun” aka the first flame is primodial; it existed before the lords existed, outside of the everlasting dragons, its the first thing to ever exist. Ever.

Their souls simply fuel the first flame; this doesn’t make them star level in any capacity as they can’t use their soul’s “fuel power” to attack. This is like saying a man with gasoline is building level because he can fuel a tank which can destroy a building.

The player character is literally a normal zombie man who gets hurt by bows and crossbows by other normal zombie dudes. By sheer grit, he takes down the lords, who are mostly just very tall normal humans with powerful magic, but don’t actually have any decent feats. If Gwyn was “star level” he wouldn’t have needed an army of Black Knights to fight the demons; he could’ve thrown a single sunlight miracle and wiped the entire demon land from existence with his “star level” AP. But i guess the counter to this is “yadda yadda lore isn’t gameplay and although the lore is vague AF we will take it completely literally”.

The Sun completely ceases to exist if the player does not link the First Flame in one of the Dark Souls 3 endings, the first flame might be still there but the Sun is not.

The player character is literally a normal zombie man who gets hurt by bows and crossbows by other normal zombie dudes.
This is just gameplay mechanics, is almost like saying Kratos can't be 2-C because he struggles and gets hurt by even the most basic enemies and weapons.

The “sun” is a representation of the first flame. The sun goes away because the first flame wasn’t linked. AKA, it wasn’t fueled by a lord soul. The first flame creates the sun, not the lords. Regardless, the lords can’t use their “soul fuel” as a weapon so why would their AP scale to something they can’t use to attack with? It makes zero sense.

Ahh yes, “muh gameplay mechanics”. I knew that would be the counter argument. Because disregarding lore and taking everything literally and ignoring the game itself makes sense. Lore wise, canon wise, everyone in the verse fights with swords, medieval Armor and medieval crossbows with SOME magic here and there. Hell, Solaire is literally just a normal guy yet he can fight with Gwyn who’s “””star level””” despite having zero star level feats, didn’t create a star, never destroyed a star and can’t use his “star level fuel soul” as a weapon.

Again, this is like saying I am building level because I can put fuel in a tank which can destroy a building for me.

Using the same logic, Momo should have city level AP in physicals because, theoretically, her body has the capacity to make a nuke as long as she understands how to make one.

“Deku’s such a Gary Stu now. He’s mastered all the quirks.”

I didn’t realise simply turning a quirk ON =‘s total mastery and perfect control, now.

I can't believe this man, how can people debate that hero hunter Garou can stomp current Shigaraki in a fight and solo MHA. Reddit is a crazy place man.

Reddit is heavily populated by die-hard OPM fans who ironically nitpick calculations from this site to support their argument but arbitrarily ignore other calculations when it suits them.

I can't believe this man, how can people debate that hero hunter Garou can stomp current Shigaraki in a fight and solo MHA. Reddit is a crazy place man.
MHA is pretty lowballed (The people who say the series stops at multi city block tier) on reddit and comicvine. Spacebattles is the only site I've seen that doesn't have a hate stiffy for the series.

Reddit is heavily populated by die-hard OPM fans who ironically nitpick calculations from this site to support their argument but arbitrarily ignore other calculations when it suits them.
FTL Flashy Flash and Atomic Samurai via this site's calcs despite the fact that they aren't even accepted here.

Plus everytime I gave a calc for my hero or even just relative scaling they called everything I said an outlier and said Mach 5 is too much for MHA😭😭

Back