• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

I really doubt he'll die, and I hope they don't suddenly introduce him in the main manga as if he's always been there, though it would be cool.

It was stated in Chapter 66 that this summer would the Crawler's final season. Koichi himself stated that he might retire from being the Crawler when he gets an actual job. While we don't really know the actual reason, there's no doubt that something will happen and the Crawler will be retired for good.

There are elements later in the series that would've been cool if it was referenced early in the series but weren't, because Horikoshi haven't thought of it yet.
Similar stuff with the spin off and even the movies, even if Hori could make more references he may be trying to keep it minimal.

Given what the doctor told Deku after he woke up from his coma, he probably could’ve used Full Cowling 100% for a short time to beat down on Shigaraki without TOO much damage to himself, but he himself wasn’t aware he was capable of that yet and so subconsciously fell back on ol’ reliable “using 100% in one body part and hitting really, really hard” tactic.

I don't think he can use Full Cowl 100% even for a second. He used Black Whip to reinforce his arms and bones both internally & externally when using 100% against Shigaraki and his arms still broke.

100% on any body part that has actual important organs (spine, heart, brain) would literally kill him. It's one thing for OFA to explode inside his arms and break his bones and damage his tendons, but that kind of damage in any other part apart from his limbs would literally kill him.

We don’t know that, though. The power being forced into one limb no longer does DRASTIC damage to his arms even though he spammed them over and over and over. So spreading that power all over his entire body, which now no longer damages his limbs THAT bad due to how much a unit he’s become, makes sense.

He could probably do it for a few seconds, but with heavy pain.

We don’t know that, though. The power being forced into one limb no longer does DRASTIC damage to his arms even though he spammed them over and over and over. So spreading that power all over his entire body, which now no longer damages his limbs THAT bad due to how much a unit he’s become, makes sense.

He could probably do it for a few seconds, but with heavy pain.
It still broke his arms after a single 100% punch. His arm was purple. And even with Black Whip reinforcement, his arms were noodles. Imagine if that was his spine or head. He would be dead the moment he activated 100% in a vital body part.

Like the damage to his brain won't be just pain. If his arm was injured enough to turn red/purple after a single 100% punch and was still messed up and torn even when he used Black Whip to reinforce for the 2nd 100% smash, I don't see how his brain survives that. Am arm isn't a vital point but even minimal tearing in the brain would mean death. Same for stuff like his liver, heart, etc.

Unless he only activated 100% on his skin alone and not internal body parts but I don't know if Deku can do that.

By that logic Deku should’ve lost consciousness the second he tried to use 100% full cowling with Eri because his brain would’ve been like “lol nope”, as well as the 2 movies where he does it.

He only takes damage from the blowback after he attacks. His arms were broken, sure, but there was a lot less damage because he’s stronger now. His ENTIRE blitz against Shigaraki made him subconsciously unable to move his arms for a bit as a defence mechanism but he didn’t even get any new scars, meaning his bones weren’t pulverised like against Muscular or Shoto.

Nah, we just scale up. Koichi couldn’t blitz Aizawa. Aizawa is somewhat comparable to the students even in the earliest arcs as he doesn’t blitz them. Therefore Sports Festival Uraraka is massively hypersonic. /s

At this pace MVA is gonna be done in 2 episodes max. I wonder what they'll do for Sad Man's Parade next episode, either Still shots or CGI.

Also I'm wondering where this season's major Sakuga moment went cause so far even with the mediocrity of season 4 we still got 2 extremely hype Sakuga fights with Deku vs Overhaul and Endeavor vs Hood.

This season doesn't have something on that level. And Nakamura only worked on the Iida cut which was only a few seconds.

I'm just hoping to God that Re-destro vs Shigaraki will be epic cause otherwise this will be the first season without a top tier fight. Like even among season 4, I still rewatch Endeavor vs Hood cause of how epic it was. Season 3 has 3 top tier fights with Muscular, Kamino and Deku vs Bakugo. Season 2 had multiple too and Season 1 has USJ.

But so far with season 5 we only have some praiseworthy moments that last a few seconds but not an entire fight/battle.

I give up on Season 5

They’re not only skipping a shit ton of content, but the animation isn’t even good, MVA will be done in like 4-5 episodes while those other 2 boring arcs got extended while also having filler

This is the hardest MHA has failed... Like this is worse than God of Highschool Anime levels of bad

I have no idea what the studio was thinking, but I basically have 0 expectations for MVA now, trash season and a waste

I give up on Season 5

They’re not only skipping a shit ton of content, but the animation isn’t even good, MVA will be done in like 4-5 episodes while those other 2 boring arcs got extended while also having filler

This is the hardest MHA has failed... Like this is worse than God of Highschool Anime levels of bad

I have no idea what the studio was thinking, but I basically have 0 expectations for MVA now, trash season and a waste
R.I.P.

Apparently yes. From what I heard, Japanese people were displeased that MHA decided to take a Justice vs Justice approach and not just Good vs Evil like most other shonen.
Huh. I thought it had something to do with humanizing the villains, but then I remembered there are plenty of other shonen that do that...

I've heard Japanese fans have been showing the similar concern and worry about the MVA as the west. Likely not to the same degree, but there is talk about it.

I've never seen anything that says Japanese fans disliked the MVA arc, though I admit I don't know if the post above is correct in the translation. And obviously those tweets don't represent the majority of the fanbase in Japan. But in terms of sales, Volume 24 to 25 seemed to sell just fine.

Where does this Japanese fans dislike the MVA arc come from exactly?

I've heard Japanese fans have been showing the similar concern and worry about the MVA as the west. Likely not to the same degree, but there is talk about it.

I've never seen any that says Japanese fans disliked the MVA arc, though I admit I don't know if the post above is correct in the translation. And obviously those tweets don't represent the majority of the fanbase in Japan. But in terms of sales, Volume 24 to 25 seemed to sell just fine.

Where does this Japanese fans dislike the MVA arc come from exactly?
I honestly don't know.

Back