• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

TBF KyoAni's dragon maid anime is apparently beating out a lot of other show's animations, even that Slime Isekai and Higurashi Sotsu.

Is it just me or has the pacing slowed down immensely in the last three chapters.

Is it just me or has the pacing slowed down immensely in the last three chapters.
Relative to the other arcs, the manga's pace is just fine. It's just that the last 10 chapters had timeskips here and there so yeah.

Miss Kobayashi’s Dragon Maid is way better animated because it has less episodes, shorter seasons, a huge gap between seasons and is only on season 2. It also has, like, 2 “fights” max per season because it’s not a fight focused anime. The studio also likes to flex. It’s also an amazing anime, don't @ me.

When All Might said “in my prime, it only would’ve taken five punches to take down that Nomu” I always figured it was just a random statement he threw out to calm the students down and wasn’t a set in stone multiplier statement. The opponent was incredibly tough and the symbol of peace isn’t allowed to be strained by mere brainless villains, so he quickly came up with a tacky one liner to calm the rattled and shocked students down.

When All Might said “in my prime, it only would’ve taken five punches to take down that Nomu” I always figured it was just a random statement he threw out to calm the students down and wasn’t a set in stone multiplier statement. The opponent was incredibly tough and the symbol of peace isn’t allowed to be strained by mere brainless villains, so he quickly came up with a tacky one liner to calm the rattled and shocked students down.
I'm iffy about the statement too that's why in the recent Prime All Might discussion thread i proposed instead of multiplying we can have him fully scale to 609+ megatons (7-A+)feat in Heroes Rising, since it took the combined might of Bakugo and Deku to accomplish said feat, (who both got 304.5 megatons i think,) and Prime AM still being the strongest character of the verse so i see no reason why he shouldn't be able to replicate the feat by himself.

TBH similar arguments can be said for Slime and Higurashi as I brought up earlier.

Slime's studio, 8-bit, only had to focus on one or two anime so it did not have as much workload as Bones with MHA, the movie, Vanitas, Bungo Stray Dogs, Eureka Seven, and Godzilla. It's also only got 2 seasons and on Season 2 it had a 3 month-long break in between, giving them time to make tweaks. I only watched the first season but I can tell it's some good shit.

Same thing for Higurashi Gou and Sotsu. Season 2 is also 9 episodes shorter than the first one so they don't have much pressure. Even though Passione messed up in Sotsu (in my opinion at least), it only screwed up one arc (just 3 episodes) and was able to make up for it in the next arc—which is great BTW. All it needs to do is get one more arc right and it would be a good season in a marvelous franchise. Higurashi also has Akio Watanabe, Monogatari's animator, in the staff team so it was pretty much destined to have high quality animation. Bones on the other hand made mistakes across the whole season and at this point cannot possibly rectify its errors.

Last edited:
In the beginning of Infinity War, instead of Banner falling into Strange’s mansion, it’s current manga Deku. How does the movie change from here on?

In the beginning of Infinity War, instead of Banner falling into Strange’s mansion, it’s current manga Deku. How does the movie change from here on?

I honestly think they can pull off a win if Deku Blitzes Thanos in Wakanda and pulls off the gauntlet before he can clench his fist.

Would be cool if MHA storm calc would be calced at full size and then if All Mights prime multiplier gets accepted then Prime AM could be multiplied based on that lmao

How strong do ya’ll reckon each Vestige quirk is WITHOUT the OFA boost?

Let's see. Black whip could probably be around building level, maybe large building level at the upmost. Fa Jin could MAYBE keep up with gran torino if stockpiled enough, smokescreen could make like a small smoke boom just enough for the user to disappear.(like a ninja assassin)

Black Whip could be pretty similar to Sero's quirk. Maybe it would be a bit slower cause right now it's actually one of the fastest techniques in Deku's powerset.

I don't think Danger Sense would be different in close range but it wouldn't have such a wide range. Deku's range seems to be almost citywide or more considering he could use it to pick up danger all over the city and event the coast.

Smokescreen would be like Naruto ninja smokebombs. Maybe room level range or the width of a single building max.

Float - we haven't seen much from it and I'd say Deku isn't close to mastering it at all. He still doesn't fly freely.

Fa Jin might be weaker but I think it would still be a top 10 hero level quirk. It's just the buildup would have to be more. I don't know if it has a limit of how much one can build up kinetic energy cause Deku could keep dancing for hours then store up that energy? Is there a limit to how much one can build up? If there is then how much? Cause if you have excellent stamina and free time could you build up infinite Fa Jin energy?

I think it's kinda funny how had BOS All Might stay high 7A and the 60× multiplier is true then the 6B/C stuff in Heroes rising would've at least made more sense

“Float - we haven't seen much from it and I'd say Deku isn't close to mastering it at all. He still doesn't fly freely.”

Well, it’s called /float/, not /fly/ for a reason. It has 1 function. Float the user. That’s it. It’s one of the most basic quirk in the series, if not THE most basic.

“Float - we haven't seen much from it and I'd say Deku isn't close to mastering it at all. He still doesn't fly freely.”

Well, it’s called /float/, not /fly/ for a reason. It has 1 function. Float the user. That’s it. It’s one of the most basic quirk in the series, if not THE most basic.
Nah most basic is turning into a human light bulb

MCU top tiers are MHS+. Deku ain't blitzing.
Last I checked Cap wasn’t even a bullet timer and Cap scales to the likes of Thanos and Co. All the Avengers are generally equal in speed and reactions to eachother and Quicksilver is the only one in the verse who’s actually bullet timing level and he blitzes EVERYONE that isn’t himself.

I fundamentally disagree with any fan calcs putting the MCU above bullet timing.

Back