• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

As someone who hasn’t really watched the anime in a loooooooong time, I’m fine with getting more movies at the expense of the anime, because the movies seem to be wish fulfilment which I enjoy seeing, since we don’t see a lot of the stuff that happens in the movies in the main story.

Deku and All Might fighting side by side.
Deku and Bakugo sharing OFA.
Deku using Air Force in just one movie more times than he’s ever done in the manga.
and now in world heroes mission,
100% Solo Full Cowling Deku, United States of Smash, way more scenes of blackwhip, etc etc.

As someone who hasn’t really watched the anime in a loooooooong time, I’m fine with getting more movies at the expense of the anime, because the movies seem to be wish fulfilment which I enjoy seeing, since we don’t see a lot of the stuff that happens in the movies in the main story.

Deku and All Might fighting side by side.
Deku and Bakugo sharing OFA.
Deku using Air Force in just one movie more times than he’s ever done in the manga.
and now in world heroes mission,
100% Solo Full Cowling Deku, United States of Smash, way more scenes of blackwhip, etc etc.
TBH I have never really watched any episode of the anime. I have only ever read the manga and watched the second movie. The most I ever did was watch clips of the show and little else.

I was hooked to the anime until season 3.

I couldn't even finish season 4 and just skipped to the important fights and moments as well as seeing some clips on YouTube.

I tried giving season 5 a chance again but only got through like 3 episodes before giving up. I only watched the Iida Sakuga episode and Black Whip episode after that.

Imagine trying to find a 220 cm tall actor for all might lmao

Unless they do the mark russel/professor hulk thing which i think is too high budget for a dang live action anime movie.

I think a 6'4" buff actor in the vein of a Japanese version of The Rock, Jason Momoa, Dave Bautista, etc would be fine. For added effect they could have him stand on a crate like Tom Cruise in his films while also adding platforms to his boots to add 2 or 3 more inches.

It's doable if they are committed to it but still pretty hard to accomplish.

The join training arc was unbelievably boring for my mother and i with the only highlight being blackwhip awakening which intrigued my mom into making theories lol.
So like, a good majority of the characters getting development, screen-time (you know the ******* things which people have been requesting since S1) is all of a sudden, "boring" now?

Give me a second to process this horseshit real quick

So like, a good majority of the characters getting development, screen-time (you know the ******* things which people have been requesting since S1) is all of a sudden, "boring" now?

You need Christ.

Different people, different taste.

I personally enjoyed the Joint Training Arc in the anime more than the manga, but even than I never disliked the arc. I found the match ups to be fun to watch even with the long waits. The anime's animation was usually on point during the fights, at least I never saw anything that would through me out of the show.

The Endeavor stuff was really good, though that 1 chapter episode was really bad. The Ending fight was well done and Todoroki family drama will always be great to see.
The Filler episode was completely unneeded.

I'm not judging the MVA anime version yet, only 1 episode has come out. But I admit the cutting of Spinner's monologue, the CRC, and the hideout stuff did bother me, and I wasn't a fan of how they animated Machia. I was expecting some really good looking scenes from his initial attack and him chasing after Shigaraki.

Also Machia not testing Shigaraki, but immediately judging that he's weak by his looks is weird. Machia fought Shigaraki and the others off screen after bursting out of the ground, he wanted to see if he was worthy. It shows that Machia wasn't going to judge Shigaraki by his looks since AFO himself doesn't look powerful.

A lot of weird small changes all around actually.

Just make a lot of calcs and eventually you will be recruited.

I already want this arc to end, this last chapter didn't advance the plot at all.
Ok well yall be ready bc im gonna send a shit ton of calcs i would like for yall to evaluate (ofc yall arent required) after i learn to make blogs on mobile properly

Also do yall think it would be good to add a plus ultra thingy in their ap or durability? Since its pretty much well known that plus ultra is 100% of their power (they passively use 80%) so if its implied they went plus ultra normally they would be 20% weaker than said feat, and for normal feats something like “X x x with plus ultra”

This chapter may not have advanced “the plot”, but it did advance character quite a bit, Uraraka sorely needed it. I’d like it if the manga slows down quite a bit from here on so there is breathing room and it doesn’t feel like a rush to the ending.

Also do yall think it would be good to add a plus ultra thingy in their ap or durability? Since its pretty much well known that plus ultra is 100% of their power (they passively use 80%) so if its implied they went plus ultra normally they would be 20% weaker than said feat, and for normal feats something like “X x x with plus ultra”
It doesn’t really make sense to besides maybe for Deku and All Might because they’re the only ones who can modify their durability with their quirk. Uraraka saying “plus ultra” wouldn't suddenly make her skin and muscles tougher. It’s just a hype phrase to make them go beyond.

It doesn’t really make sense to besides maybe for Deku and All Might because they’re the only ones who can modify their durability with their quirk. Uraraka saying “plus ultra” wouldn't suddenly make her skin and muscles tougher. It’s just a hype phrase to make them go beyond.
I can go for most characters where the statement is directed towards something else (uraraka and her lifting quirk) then it doesnt rly matter but when it comes to other characters such as bakugo or deku their ap and sometimes durability should be 20% higher

Joint training ******* sucks, deal with it.

Shigaraki, he just need to keep touching the ground and sooner or later Mirio would be decayed.

Back