• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

I'm still waiting for an explanation for why Deku and Bakugo broke their arms using 100% in Heroes Rising but didn't when using blue Full Cowl. I mean it's obvious their entire bodies weren't at 100% otherwise every single part would break not just their arms but I've come to terms with the fact that people don't understand how Full Cowl works.
Because
One, Katsuma boosted their bodies.

Two, while they did damage their arms, that was during a super long, prolonged punch. Similar to when Deku faced Muscular. Except this time, they didn’t end up with permanent scars, because Deku and Bakugo are way stronger than before + have Katsuma’s boost.

Three, they may have flooded their bodies with 100% full cowling, it doesn’t mean every little action on every single muscle was outputting 100% power, and thus, no blowback. They probably were using it on their entire bodies to be able to use 100% on any limb at any time without having to think and activate 100% on each seperate limb, since that slows them down, as Deku noted when he first was training to learn Full Cowl.

They were at 100% full cowl. Deku was throwing himself around with just air pressure just by slapping his arms through the air and practically flying, which he only ever does notably against Overhaul.

Also: “literally everything points to them using 100%, except them saying “100%”, so, they weren’t at 100%.”

is that how Occams Razor works?

Eternal pain.

My Villain Academia happening after the Endeavor Agency Arc just flat out doesn’t work

Story wise, it fails on so many levels and spoils so much shit

Season 5 rearranging all the events the way it did was such a ******* let down

At least we’re finally at My Villain Academia, these 6 episodes better make up for the slow ass season we’ve had

I don’t understand where this “Deku went blue” thing is coming from. He’s clearly using 100% Full Cowl. It has the hair AND the electric eyes. This isn’t DBS; Deku doesn’t have, like, 9 different transformations. He has Full Cowling, and Full Cowling 100%. The latter is just a more aggressive and “louder” version of the former, since y’know, more stockpile energy.

I imagine the samurai guy‘s quirk is to create a gust of wind whenever he slashes with a sword. Because, y’know, he’s a cliché, badass looking samurai, and that’s a cliché anime samurais can do. It matches well. That’s why his sword swing in that panel looks very large despite using a small knife. That’s what I’m seeing anyway,

My Villain Academia happening after the Endeavor Agency Arc just flat out doesn’t work

Story wise, it fails on so many levels and spoils so much shit

Season 5 rearranging all the events the way it did was such a ******* let down

At least we’re finally at My Villain Academia, these 6 episodes better make up for the slow ass season we’ve had
I don't really agree with this point that much, ending Season 5 with EA arc would be quite lame considering how action packed and hyped the previous arc was. The switch still makes sense to me. I do think that Bones should have kept a lid on the spoiled content for the audience, though.

For the record, I also think that the way they handled Season 5 was god-awful.

100% Full Cowl not turning Deku and Bakugo into tenderized meat.

Deku in the manga can't use 100% and Heroes Rising directly invalidate 100% FC the moment it is used by following up with Deku & Bakugo breaking their arms when they actually use 100% for the DDS.

Heroes Rising directly invalidate 100% FC

I don’t understand where this “Deku went blue” thing is coming from. He’s clearly using 100% Full Cowl. It has the hair AND the electric eyes. This isn’t DBS; Deku doesn’t have, like, 9 different transformations. He has Full Cowling, and Full Cowling 100%. The latter is just a more aggressive and “louder” version of the former, since y’know, more stockpile energy.
Most come from the movies that take a lot of liberty. It also doesn't make sense as Deku can't go 100% Full Cowl in the manga. He was still at 30% in the war arc. Also this movie doesn't have a mcGuffin like Eri or Katsuma so how can you explain 100% FC? The movie summary is already out and there's no justification for the 100% FC unless we downright deem the movie non-canon.

- As for Heroes Rising FC being considered 100% when the actual 100% still broke Deku and Bakugo's bones but their blue Super Saiyan form didn't, like where's the justification in that. At some point people gotta admit it's just anime special effects. Neither Heroes Rising not WHM 100% FC makes sense.

- In HR, actual 100% still injures Deku & Bakugo while FC doesn't. In the manga FC has a lower tolerance than Instant blows not the other way around. Deku's FC is always a lower percentage than his Max output since Overhaul arc. So his FC being comparable to 100%, then an actual 100% punch breaking his arm is the exact opposite and makes no sense.

- As for WHM, there's is no mcGuffin so the only way 100% FC is possible is by saying the movie is completely Non-Canon as it directly contradicts the manga where Deku at that point only had FC of 10-15% or at most 30%.

The punch shouldn't have hurt them then but it did. How can 100% FC not hurt them but an 100% punch breaks their arms?

Like why would a kick from Deku at supposedly 100% not injure him while the punches do? It's obvious if he used 100% Full Cowl, his entire body would receive the same exact fate as his hands.

I don't really agree with this point that much, ending Season 5 with EA arc would be quite lame considering how action packed and hyped the previous arc was. The switch still makes sense to me. I do think that Bones should have kept a lid on the spoiled content for the audience, though.

For the record, I also think that the way they handled Season 5 was god-awful.
I agree ending on the Endeavor Agency Arc would be lame, I'm just saying that story-wise, rearranging them doesn't really work

Overall the story events of this season were just unlucky

Just because something is broken doesn’t mean it can’t still be used. Deku has established that several times.

The only question on my mind is why Horikoshi hasn’t used FC 100% in the manga at all since Overhaul.
Most come from the movies that take a lot of liberty. It also doesn't make sense as Deku can't go 100% Full Cowl in the manga. He was still at 30% in the war arc. Also this movie doesn't have a mcGuffin like Eri or Katsuma so how can you explain 100% FC? The movie summary is already out and there's no justification for the 100% FC unless we downright deem the movie non-canon.

- As for Heroes Rising FC being considered 100% when the actual 100% still broke Deku and Bakugo's bones but their blue Super Saiyan form didn't, like where's the justification in that. At some point people gotta admit it's just anime special effects. Neither Heroes Rising not WHM 100% FC makes sense.

- In HR, actual 100% still injures Deku & Bakugo while FC doesn't. In the manga FC has a lower tolerance than Instant blows not the other way around. Deku's FC is always a lower percentage than his Max output since Overhaul arc. So his FC being comparable to 100%, then an actual 100% punch breaking his arm is the exact opposite and makes no sense.

- As for WHM, there's is no mcGuffin so the only way 100% FC is possible is by saying the movie is completely Non-Canon as it directly contradicts the manga where Deku at that point only had FC of 10-15% or at most 30%.
Or he can do it and doesn’t want to nor need to. There are no stated limitations on why or why not Deku can use FC 100%, all we know is 100% breaks his body, so logically FC 100% does the same. There is no canon reasoning on if he can use it by himself or not after Overhaul, though the movies seem to show he can. Remember, Eri just allowed him to use it at not cost, she didn’t give him access to it, he already knew how to use FC 100% by himself.

The only outlier feat for Deku and FC 100% is vs Shigaraki when he supposedly went all out with no thought for his body, yet didn’t use FC 100%. And as we saw, when Bakugo got stabbed, even then he didn’t use it, and just entered a form of rage state. But him not using it doesn’t mean he can’t use it, as we have received no information on why he didn’t use it. So he literally could have just deemed it better to spam 100% on his limbs rather than FC at that point in time. That doesn’t discredit his ability to activate it.

FC 100% was breaking him and Bakugo in Heroes Rising beyond just the DDS, as shown when Bakugo uses an explosion and it breaks his arm. They just didn’t care about the injuries at the time, though Bakugo was clearly more effected.

I repeat: “Three, they may have flooded their bodies with 100% full cowling, it doesn’t mean every little action on every single muscle was outputting 100% power, and thus, no blowback. They probably were using it on their entire bodies to be able to use 100% on any limb at any time without having to think and activate 100% on each seperate limb, since that slows them down, as Deku noted when he first was training to learn Full Cowl.”

There’s also the factor that the damage being spread all across their entire bodies would be much less than the damage being focused in one area.

Deku being able to briefly go 100% Full Cowling but be completely spent afterwards does not contradict anything because we don’t really see it happen since he never does it besides with Eri. Just like how we are told 20% “feels like his body is grinding together”, although there’s no real visible damage at all.

It’s never stated that Deku COULDNT ever go 100% full cowling. Just that he SHOULDNT, because y’know, big damage.

There’s no “blue form”. It’s just 100% Full Cowling, as we see it in the manga, anime, games and movies. If there was an opposite version of Occam’s Razor, you would be using that right now.

Just because something is broken doesn’t mean it can’t still be used. Deku has established that several times.

The only question on my mind is why Horikoshi hasn’t used FC 100% in the manga at all since Overhaul.

Or he can do it and doesn’t want to nor need to. There are no stated limitations on why or why not Deku can use FC 100%, all we know is 100% breaks his body, so logically FC 100% does the same. There is no canon reasoning on if he can use it by himself or not after Overhaul, though the movies seem to show he can. Remember, Eri just allowed him to use it at not cost, she didn’t give him access to it, he already knew how to use FC 100% by himself.

The only outlier feat for Deku and FC 100% is vs Shigaraki when he supposedly went all out with no thought for his body, yet didn’t use FC 100%. And as we saw, when Bakugo got stabbed, even then he didn’t use it, and just entered a form of rage state. But him not using it doesn’t mean he can’t use it, as we have received no information on why he didn’t use it. So he literally could have just deemed it better to spam 100% on his limbs rather than FC at that point in time. That doesn’t discredit his ability to activate it.

FC 100% was breaking him and Bakugo in Heroes Rising beyond just the DDS, as shown when Bakugo uses an explosion and it breaks his arm. They just didn’t care about the injuries at the time, though Bakugo was clearly more effected.
I should note that according to leaks and a summary by a moviegoer, in the movie Deku did a United States of Smash, which is All Might's strongest move and the one he used to annihilate All-for-One once and for all. Why he did not use this move against Shigaraki even though he claimed to be using OFA in its full capacity against him in the war is beyond me. Even for someone who's flexible on the meaning behind what he said, it still perplexes me.

To be fair, Deku wasn’t done beating Shigaraki before Endeavor and the others intervened. Maybe if the beatdown continued and he wanted to REALLY destroy his arms he would’ve brought out the United States of Smash, which is just… “stronger punch” in essence. It doesn’t NEED to be named when used.

To be fair, Deku wasn’t done beating Shigaraki before Endeavor and the others intervened. Maybe if the beatdown continued and he wanted to REALLY destroy his arms he would’ve brought out the United States of Smash, which is just… “stronger punch” in essence. It doesn’t NEED to be named when used.
Hmm... true.

which is All Might's strongest move and the one he used to annihilate All-for-One once and for all
To be fair, all of Toshinori's moves are just "Punch, but at different angles". They aren't really Super Moves, per say—the only unique thing about them is their presentation (i.e., the name).

I really like the snippet of Full Cowl 100% shown in that PV. You can see his eyes are completely white, probably from the constant reflecting and pain while going all out, only for them to snap into focus as he switches to full power. Pretty badass and quick transformation.

I really like the snippet of Full Cowl 100% shown in that PV. You can see his eyes are completely white, probably from the constant reflecting and pain while going all out, only for them to snap into focus as he switches to full power. Pretty badass and quick transformation.
someone who watched the movie says at some points during the 100% full cowling fight scene his eyes glow yellow

Current Manga Deku at full health replaces All Might in all notable combat events, from Vigilantes (such as when he saved Osaka in 3 seconds) and the main series. How does he do?

I mean, we know Deku could SOMEWHAT handle Full Cowling 100%. If he couldn’t, he would’ve been exploding, or completely purple all over, or at least changing into purple bruises when he was teaming up with Eri. It’s not like he was exploding over and over and her rewinding him.

Back