• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

The difference between 300 megatons and 550 megatons (7-A+) is 1.8 times, and we need a minimum difference of 1.5 times to be able to jump a tier.

I don’t think Snipe’s gun is built to be more powerful, just built to hold more rounds. Afterall, he doesn’t have to aim, he can just fire at will and always land his hit. So more bullets equals good.

Why exactly did smoke OFA user guy say Fa Jin was dangerous? Was he referring to the quirk itself or the fact that he caught on that Deku was about to bumrush Nagant using it??

Why exactly did smoke OFA user guy say Fa Jin was dangerous? Was he referring to the quirk itself or the fact that he caught on that Deku was about to bumrush Nagant using it??
Because he knew what he was going to do, which was first time a quirk against someone capable of putting bullets through his skull. Something that En was worried about a lot.

Can Blackwhip stab or rip at things or does it only harmlessly stick?
Deku can make his Blackwhip pointy, so he should be able to use it to stab his opponents.

I think he even tried to do this with Shigaraki when he was enraged.

He only made Blackwhip sharp when he was in rage mode, which as we know, makes Blackwhip stronger. So he hasn’t exactly mastered or thought to use it lethally, like a spear.

If he could use it like that normally, he would’ve absolutely stabbed Shigaraki in the head.

I just noticed the old samurai guy hero fighting back on the chapter when Shigaraki awakened. Seems he fights with a support item sword.

Well, there goes any arguments about Koichi. He’s just flat out faster than Overclock, even if it’s subconscious. His body reacts faster than Overclock can speed up thoughts, and he can literally fire back at him.

MHS Koichi baby

Vigilantes characters just be pulling new powers out of their @$$.

Six got a new transformation and now Koichi has faster reflexes and auto-reactions than Overclock + full body shields. He can literally make his shields from anywhere. I guess his endgame will be something like Captain Celebrity with full body shields/forcefield, full flight, superspeed and projection attacks.

I still don't know how many quirks Six has. What counts as a quirk and what doesn't. Is he morphing a quirk by itself or part of manipulating his bomber cells, what about his Regen, muscle empowering (I think this one was part of his morph). Also he had that EMP electrical attack.

That's one of the most bullshit asspulls I've ever seen come out of any medium of MHA. So what? Koichi is comparable to Prime All Might in reaction time?

Totally makes sense.
No prime all might is massively hypersonic while number 6 at max speed is High Hypersonic+

What do people scale Prime All Might and Overclock off of? I don't think there's any comparison in Vigilantes itself. I hope people did not take that one panel of All Might and O'clock side by side and assume that they were comparable just because they were running alongside each other.

I feel like Horikoshi and Beten have completely opposite weaknesses. Horikoshi establishes hard rules for each quirk which he rarely breaks which might lead to some characters getting stale and their quirks not evolving at all in 300 chapters despite all the potential they posses (Ochako, Kaminari, Aoyama - their quirks are the same today as they were in the first 10 chapters. No evolution, no new abilities or techniques. All they got was gear and that was it.)

Beten on the other hand has extremely flexible rules that sometimes veer into bullshittery. Quirks are usually ill-defined at first and get fleshed out as the story goes but then there's a high possiblity of ass pulls or things feeling that.

- For the longest time we were told CC's quirk was Flight making his strength & durability feats feel like bullshit until we got the Aero-dynamic shield explanation.

- Koichi is another one, by the main Manga's standards, he's gone through the equivalent of like 5 Quirk Evolutions at this point: 3 hands to glide -> only legs necessary -> sticking to stuff -> launching off mid-air -> shooty go blam blam -> flight -> full body shields not just hands and legs ->auto-reactions/ultra-instinct. Even Deku needed a separate quirk for Auto-reactions & Hori still nerfed danger sense every chance he got (Nagant fight & 1A fight).

- To this day I still don't understand exactly what Queen Bee is or was. Is it a sentient bee, a human, didn't it get crushed last time, like what is even happening with this quirk.

- Six and his quirks too. Apart from Overclock, where does his bomber cells quirk end and other begin. Is morphing itself part of the bomber. Could all those other Bomber villains morph too?

I would not say "there are set abilities for quirks but some quirks can become better so anyone whose quirk hasn't become dynamically different yet is stale and not growing" is a take I would side with. Nor would I call that a "weakness" as that implies these characters require quirk evolutions to be interesting or likeable or impactful.

- Six and his quirks too. Apart from Overclock, where does his bomber cells quirk end and other begin. Is morphing itself part of the bomber. Could all those other Bomber villains morph too?
  • Overclock
  • Self-Detonation (Via Bomber cells)
  • Electromagnetic Waves
  • Super Regeneration
The Bombers were essentially Nomu with Self-Detonation, which allows them to self-destruct. They were all but destroyed during the Sky Tree Bombing, and Number 6 recovered their remains, before integrating them into his own body and creating humanoid clones out of them—Madara-style.

He can control both the Bombers' cells inside of him make up over fifty-percent of his body, meaning he can basically rearrange his cellular structure by altering the arrangement and the shape of the cells, and he can also control the clones, the Anonymouses, through the same method. How? Ionno.

• Overclock
  • Electromagnetic Waves
  • Super Regeneration
The Bombers were essentially Nomu with Self-Detonation, which allows them to self-destruct. They were all but destroyed during the Sky Tree Bombing, and Number 6 recovered their remains, before integrating them into his own body and creating humanoid clones out of them—Madara-style.

He can control both the Bombers' cells inside of him make up over fifty-percent of his body, meaning he can basically rearrange his cellular structure by altering the arrangement and the shape of the cells, and he can also control the clones, the Anonymouses, through the same method. How? Ionno.
Knockoff Hashirama cells?

• Overclock
  • Electromagnetic Waves
  • Super Regeneration

Yeah, I know what the bomber cells do, I'm just wondering how exactly he does it. Morphing could very well be a quirk on its own.

You know what would be funny ? If All might(wounded) just shows up and quicksilvered the both of them

Back