• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

So why exactly are people comparing Koichi to Prime All Might in speed? He’s only shown so far to be faster than Number 6 with Overclock normally. He hasn’t shown that he could keep up with Overclock in emergency situations yet. And that’s where the MHS speed for Number 6 came from.

Deku’s faux 100%, which might not even be Prime AM’s true speed as he could be far faster, is over 2x Overclock in emergency mode. Other than that, Six, with his highest multiplier outside of emergencies, is reaching Top tier speeds, but has horrendous stats everywhere else in comparison. So Koichi being at that level, especially when he’s actually managed to escape from Best Jeanist and Edgeshot (who weren’t really trying but still) isn’t exactly uncommon.

Koichi’s quirk is straight up busted though, he really misjudged what it was when it first appeared.

Deku’s faux 100%, which might not even be Prime AM’s true speed as he could be far faster
Remind me why we scale Prime Toshinori to Villain Hunter Izuku's Faux 100%.

"While getting shot at, I flexed and extended my legs to protect myself and store up that energy. Plus!! One For All, 45 Percent! Plus!! Centrifugal force!! Everyone in my generation can picture it... the sight of All Might moving faster than a speeding bullet."

Are we to just assume that Izuku and the rest of the youth of the current generation can accurately deduce Toshinori's velocity based on him moving faster than a bullet? And, he isn't even comparing his speed to Toshinori's; he's just saying that he's moving like him—the current situation he is in is reminiscent of Toshinori moving faster than a bullet.

Remind me why we scale Prime Toshinori to Villain Hunter Izuku's Faux 100%.

"While getting shot at, I flexed and extended my legs to protect myself and store up that energy. Plus!! One For All, 45 Percent! Plus!! Centrifugal force!! Everyone in my generation can picture it... the sight of All Might moving faster than a speeding bullet."

Are we to just assume that Izuku and the rest of the youth of the current generation can accurately deduce Toshinori's velocity based on him moving faster than a bullet? And, he isn't even comparing his speed to Toshinori's; he's just saying that he's moving like him—the current situation he is in is reminiscent of Toshinori moving faster than a bullet.
Because the entire purpose of Faux 100% is to move as fast as All Might with no recoil? As he says to him right before he leaves?

There is literally no reason to assume his current 100% is massively above Prime AM in anyway, so scaling Prime AM to him isn’t problematic or contradictory.

Honestly I'm not even mad that koichi's quirk evolves every god damn minute, what tick me off the most is his instinctive reaction that he randomly acquired

Y'know, now that I'm thinking about it, why is this being applied to Toshinori in his prime, and not the Toshinori that Izuku is familiar with (i.e., Wounded-Weakened Toshinori)? Toshinori was wounded in battle five years before the events of the main series potential Vigilantes connection??? which was when Izuku was a nine-year-old. At that time, Izuku's only exposure to Toshinori had been news coverages of him saving civilians, battling villains through the literal lenses of new reporters, and word of mouth accounts. How in the world would Izuku have an accurate calculation of Toshinori's power in his prime, when the only close-ups of his power he has been exposed to were after the battle with All For One, and after Toshinori gave him One For All?

"What I'm capable of is on par with you at 100 percent, and with no recoil to boot!"
Izuku really only has a reading on current Toshinori's 100%, so...

I’m beginning to think Overclock wasn’t supposed to be THAT big a speed boost, but it was given that insane speed feat of statuing several police officers during that crab raid or whatever it was.

Six/O’clock wasnt saying Koichi was on the level of All Might; just that Koichi was a perfect counter for Six at his current state, so he should be avoided just like All Might. He perfectly counters Six in all ways.

On a slightly unrelated note, I never rode the “MHA Vigilantes is a million times better than the main series” hype train in the first place, sooo…

Honestly I'm not even mad that koichi's quirk evolves every god damn minute, what tick me off the most is his instinctive reaction that he randomly acquired
It would have been actually great if the series had training with him and Knuckleduster. Like an extensive training with actual training plans but the series always shied away from that in favor of slice of life especially before chapter 60. And after that KD was gone.

Vigilantes is a million times better than the main series” hype train in the first place, sooo…
Other than the cute slice of life moments, the main is above vigilantes in every conceivable way from themes, characters to art and fight scenes

Wouldn’t Izuku know a lot about Prime All Might? He spent his childhood watching videos about him.

That said “the image of All Might moving faster than a speeding bullet” is just a cool Superman reference. A hyperbolic statement. Not something concrete to powerscale off.

Wouldn’t Izuku know a lot about Prime All Might? He spent his childhood watching videos about him.
Precisely.
Toshinori was wounded in battle five years before the events of the main series potential Vigilantes connection??? which was when Izuku was a nine-year-old. At that time, Izuku's only exposure to Toshinori had been news coverages of him saving civilians, battling villains through the literal lenses of new reporters, and word of mouth accounts. How in the world would Izuku have an accurate calculation of Toshinori's power in his prime, when the only close-ups of his power he has been exposed to were after the battle with All For One, and after Toshinori gave him One For All?

And Faux 100% scaling to a character whose power level Izuku has no business knowing makes more sense?
“Has no business knowing”

Literally has the exact same power and has been working closely with All Might for over a year and has been getting taught by the vestiges of One For All, but sure, him having a vague understanding of All Might’s power is the far reach, not his Faux 100% being the same speed as 45%

“Except he clearly isn’t talking about weakened, as he literally showed that he ***** up weakened All Might level enemies with his 100%.”

Who? Shigaraki?? He really didn’t do that much damage to him in the long run with a blitz of 100% blows. Sure, he said it was “overwhelming his regeneration”, but it’s not like he was taking chunks out of him. Compare this to All Might vs USJ Nomu, who took 300 blows to take down WITH shock absorption, whereas Prime All Might could’ve done it in six (or five? I forgot.)

Anyways, just my opinion, but I still don’t believe “faux 100%“ is as STRONG as 100%. As FAST? Yes. Strong?? No. His body is still at a 45% state. If he hit something at that speed that’s as durable as a 100% opponent he would crumple unless I see proof otherwise.

Fa Jin acts as a Recipro Burst, not a one-use stat-boost. He’s still at 45% when he does it, he just goes a lot faster due to Fa Jin and Centrifugal Force.

Deku punches were gradually getting weaker due to breaking his bones with each punches YET he still managed to overwhelm shigaraki despite regen.

The strongest 100% deku threw in the war arc was the Wyoming smash and he nearly knock shigaraki's jaw off with it to the point it was hanging with muscle fibers preventing it from dropping

The preview for next episode shows the doctor experimenting on Shigaraki. Y’know, the super brutal shot where Shigaraki was practically being torn apart?

Yeah it’s just electricity now. No blood whatsoever. Anime timeslots are sooooooo fun and good. /s.

At some people will have to admit that these colors are just the anime/movies taking liberties. At this point blue does not necessarily mean 100% unless the % is specified.

I'm still waiting for an explanation for why Deku and Bakugo broke their arms using 100% in Heroes Rising but didn't when using blue Full Cowl. I mean it's obvious their entire bodies weren't at 100% otherwise every single part would break not just their arms but I've come to terms with the fact that people don't understand how Full Cowl works.

I really feel like Vigilantes has some weird as heck writing. Like if Overclock is just a brain speed boost how is it affecting the body and enabling true super speed? Or Koichi is somehow reflexively outpacing Six and predicting all his moves perfectly.

I'm still waiting for an explanation for why Deku and Bakugo broke their arms using 100% in Heroes Rising but didn't when using blue Full Cowl. I mean it's obvious their entire bodies weren't at 100% otherwise every single part would break not just their arms but I've come to terms with the fact that people don't understand how Full Cowl works.
It doesn't really make sense, Deku even performs a 100% Full Cowl kick and yet he is able to keep moving as if nothing happened.

Or maybe his body is indeed broken and he is able to push past through the pain with sheer willpower alone.

Last edited:
Back