• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

… no?

“Light carries momentum that can push on an object, but it can also move an object through thermal forces. A new experiment combines both of these effects to manipulate a tiny gold plate that can slide along a tapered optical fiber. The momentum-transfer and thermal forces act in opposite directions, allowing the plate to be driven first one way and then the other. The device might one day be used to generate mechanical energy from light or as a micro-transport system for a miniature chemical processing device called a lab-on-a-chip.”

Databook stated it’s Light. He uses mirrors all over his costumeso it can bounce/reflect off of them and shoot frm multiple areas which again proves it’s light and also proves it’s light speed via light reflection off mirrors
Kind of true but it also has plenty of counter arguments. But if Horikoshi officially were to announce it an explain certain things like if sound and bullets are much faster then our real world then it would be much more credible imo

Did u literally not see where I specifically show u that light can exert force. I gave you the formula as well lol, u see wat u just said that’s literally wat I’m saying for mha that the bullets are simply that fast being that the aoyama feat came before any bullet feat was even shown 1. And 2. Like op they’ve shown the ability to show its consistency throughout the story, the latest feat was chp 257
Nice way to show you arent paying attention.
That link you sent first off was someone’s homework. Not only that but that “force” isn’t physical and is defined as its wave lengths and I gave a link supporting that. It does not have a physical impact it’s literally impossible

Forget the Link I’m talking about the literal formula specified for light exertion that I sent and How it exerts force. Like U said “ a simple google search”

… no?

“Light carries momentum that can push on an object, but it can also move an object through thermal forces. A new experiment combines both of these effects to manipulate a tiny gold plate that can slide along a tapered optical fiber. The momentum-transfer and thermal forces act in opposite directions, allowing the plate to be driven first one way and then the other. The device might one day be used to generate mechanical energy from light or as a micro-transport system for a miniature chemical processing device called a lab-on-a-chip.”
Light itself does not emit physical forces but properties can be manipulated to cause light to shifts some of its momentum which these are based on. This alone doesnt prove light has physical impacts

Light itself does not emit physical forces but properties can be manipulated to cause light to shifts some of its momentum which these are based on. This alone doesnt prove light has physical impacts
Lmfaoooo what? Light is made up of photons. Those photons literally have the ability to exert force.

Also being stated light isn’t enough to qualify for light speed.
The evidence for them being light speed is it is stated light meaning it would be just like light, right? That argument would be contradicted by the fact that it is shown to have mass, something light doesnt have. By having an impact its dictating it has mass which would mean its not exactly like light and you would have to prove so
Ive been saying from the start that it has been shown to have physical impacts which light cannot have

Also To be 100% accurate, photons carry momentum, even though they are massless. For massive objects the momentum is (mass)x(velocity), but for photons it's (Planck'sConstant)x(Frequency). It's an incredibly small amount of momentum for a single photon, and even for lasers you have to get to super powerful lasers before you would ever notice the momentum. Meaning that lasers can exert force they’d jus have to be really powerful which aoyamas is since it’s clearly capable of exerting enough force to launch himself.
@timmy read this buddy

If you can just ignore bullet speed in order to force everyone to scale to Faster Than Light, there's no reason why we can't ignore lightspeed and keep everyone at a much more reasonable and consistent speed.

If you can just ignore bullet speed in order to force everyone to scale to Faster Than Light, there's no reason why we can't ignore lightspeed and keep everyone at a much more reasonable and consistent speed.
Im not saying you can’t I’m jus saying unlike other verses before we got anything about bullets we got to see aoyama laser which was always light and lightspeed. It stayed consistent throughout the series and literally gave us a LS feat during what you could say was current mha it was during chp 257. It literally retconned any bullet backtracks shown because it was another feat shown and this time from current mha and with a literal light manipulator lol

Literally is go cry about it. Go read Chp 257 and come back buddy same thing I did with damage I’ll do with you. At first you’ll be talking nonsense saying there’s no feat than you’ll shift the change to something else that I’ll disprove until your ultimately saying it’s a outlier. Which you’ll be wrong about and by no means Am I being toxic if it sounds that way my fault bebe

Literally is go cry about it. Go read Chp 257 and come back buddy same thing I did with damage I’ll do with you. At first you’ll be talking nonsense saying there’s no feat than you’ll shift the change to something else that I’ll disprove until your ultimately saying it’s a outlier. Which you’ll be wrong about and by no means Am I being toxic if it sounds that way my fault bebe
Chapter 257 was a chapter where everyone in class was eating a feast and AM talked to eraser head. Nothing here suggests that his laser moved at the speed of light. Note you stated it has a LIGHT SPEED FEAT meaning it traveled 157 thousand miles in a second or the feat literally doesnt exist. Since you claimed he has a feat provide scans

Chapter 257 was a chapter where everyone in class was eating a feast and AM talked to eraser head. Nothing here suggests that his laser moved at the speed of light. Note you stated it has a LIGHT SPEED FEAT meaning it traveled 157 thousand miles in a second or the feat literally doesnt exist. Since you claimed he has a feat provide scans
256 my fault.

Liar 256 is literally the chp where they show toru take his light and warp it thru her body. I remember it throughly
Why would a character warping his laser be a LIGHT SPEED FEAT. Nothing suggests that its moving 670million mph, nothing at all. You claimed there is a feat, that statement is false. There is no “light speed feat”

If u read it what happens in 256?
Why would a character warping his laser be a LIGHT SPEED FEAT. Nothing suggests that its moving 670million mph, nothing at all. You claimed there is a feat, that statement is false. There is no “light speed feat”
are u sped? The reason it’s LS is becuz she refracted it outwards. You don’t need to be shown doing all of this crazy depictions to be ls that’s what’s wrong with this site lmaooo. Show me in any other anime/manga that isn’t fire force where the ls beams they use travel that speed plss I’ll wait. I wanna see those beams travel the earth 7 times, it doesn’t happen becuz if doesn’t need to like at all. What your talking about is purely depiction of how fast light is, if I’m a author and state this is light and have a character who’s ability to manipulate light reflect/refract his beam off my body what would that make the speed of the beam cmon use brain cells Ik it’s early but sheesh 😭

Liar 256 is literally the chp where they show toru take his light and warp it thru her body. I remember it throughly
Listen I'm with you on Navel laser being light and Lightspeed but it has never been dodged after being fired even once in the manga. The only time it's been dodged like that is by Mina in the anime which blatantly goes against what happened in the manga.

So even if Navel Laser is Lightspeed, it changes nothing of MHA speed scaling until the day we see someone outright outspeed it.

Even if Navel Laser was quadrillions of times FTL it would still change nothing until we see someone outspeed it or react to it after it was fired instead of just aim dodging Aoyama's still torso which even a Kid could do.

The attack also has a pretty clear charge time and visible glow before it is fired which anyone with eyes would be able to see and dodge before it was actually fired.

If u read it what happens in 256?

are u sped? The reason it’s LS is becuz she refracted it outwards.
We are shown that she put her hands out and has the ability to warp “light”. This alone does not make it a feat for light speed at all. Calling me a sped doesnt change anything, you have yet to prove its light speed. Ive literally slammed all your arguments, you even misinterpreted shifting momentum with having physical impact. YOU TRIED TO ARGUE LIGHT HAS PHYSICAL PROPERTIES

IMO even if someone legitimately does outspeed or even dodge it, that will still be an outlier.
Id say it would only be an outlier if they arent stated to have gain a mega speed boost. But say iida has a new mode that allows him to dodge it and if anyone can prove its light speed then id say it would scale finely

We are shown that she put her hands out and has the ability to warp “light”. This alone does not make it a feat for light speed at all. Calling me a sped doesnt change anything, you have yet to prove its light speed. Ive literally slammed all your arguments, you even misinterpreted shifting momentum with having physical impact. YOU TRIED TO ARGUE LIGHT HAS PHYSICAL PROPERTIES
You’ve slammed zero arguments because there are no arguments. Everything sent is concrete facts.
• Aoyama using his beam to reflect of mirrors = LS
• Aoyama having his beam refracted/reflected via a person who’s whole body can bend light and send it outwards = light speed even with lowball it’s still at the very least relativistic

Even if Navel Laser was quadrillions of times FTL it would still change nothing until we see someone outspeed it or react to it after it was fired instead of just aim dodging Aoyama's still torso which even a Kid could do.

The attack also has a pretty clear charge time and visible glow before it is fired which anyone with eyes would be able to see and dodge before it was actually fired.
See this is criticism that makes sense other than that it’s literally zero. Even then with charge time etc you’d still need to be relative to the speed of the beam to dodge, same thing happens in OP. Pacifistas literally charge the beams via there mouths but characters still scale even tho they could be Aim dodging

You’ve slammed zero arguments because there are no arguments. Everything sent is concrete facts.
• Aoyama using his beam to reflect of mirrors = LS
• Aoyama having his beam refracted/reflected via a person who’s whole body can bend light and send it outwards = light speed even with lowball it’s still at the very least relativistic
First off where does it reflect off of mirrors?
Secondly being similar to light or stated light does not mean it’s light speed especially since there are contradictories that doesnt allow it to be exactly like light.
Also that person grabs light and benda it with her hand, not her whole body thats not stated or shown.

You claim I havent bodied your arguments.
You tried to say since light can shift momentum, it has physical force/impact. And I completely slammed that notion via the fact that light doesnt have mass and cannot have physical impacts

See this is criticism that makes sense other than that it’s literally zero. Even then with charge time etc you’d still need to be relative to the speed of the beam to dodge, same thing happens in OP. Pacifistas literally charge the beams via there mouths but characters still scale even tho they could be Aim dodging
They only scale because you can see the distance they moved compared to the light beam (op). In this case you cannot use that reasoning cause if she indeed jumped before it fired off, then she wouldnt scale at all.

They only scale because you can see the distance they moved compared to the light beam (op). In this case you cannot use that reasoning cause if she indeed jumped before it fired off, then she wouldnt scale at all.
In the manga it shows us her jus dodging it. In the anime I forget whether she dodged it after or before it came on but she def dodged it multiple other times in the anime and easily at that

First off where does it reflect off of mirrors?
Secondly being similar to light or stated light does not mean it’s light speed especially since there are contradictories that doesnt allow it to be exactly like light.
Also that person grabs light and benda it with her hand, not her whole body thats not stated or shown.

You claim I havent bodied your arguments.
You tried to say since light can shift momentum, it has physical force/impact. And I completely slammed that notion via the fact that light doesnt have mass and cannot have physical impacts
That’s the whole purpose of his costume buddy. How do you think he has multiple lasers come out thru all directions like in the movie and during cultural festival he has mirrors throughout his entire suit. On his shoulders, on his knees etc, he uses those mirrors to have the beam reflect off of them and shoot in multiple directions

Back