• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

Mountain level is about to be a thing for some characters, and if 100% Izuku performs a Tier 6 feat in the manga, I see no reason why it'd be an outlier.

My screen says on Shoto’s profile under speed: “Hypersonic attack speed with Half-Cold (His ice during the sports festival was this fast

Wasnt All Might having, like, minimal to no trouble speedrunning to Wolfram until he got caught by the cables, got his no-no spot squeezed, and also hit his limit? According to some people here touching his no-no spot drains him of all strength because USJ Nomu did the same thing and All Might couldn’t break from his grip, and USJ Nomu “totally isn’t on All Might’s level in strength”

My screen says on Shoto’s profile under speed: “Hypersonic attack speed with Half-Cold (His ice during the sports festival was this fast

Wasnt All Might having, like, minimal to no trouble speedrunning to Wolfram until he got caught by the cables, got his no-no spot squeezed, and also hit his limit? According to some people here touching his no-no spot drains him of all strength because USJ Nomu did the same thing and All Might couldn’t break from his grip.
When I edited the page after the revision I made him supersonic
Someone must’ve changed it

Wasnt All Might having, like, minimal to no trouble speedrunning to Wolfram until he got caught by the cables, got his no-no spot squeezed, and also hit his limit? According to some people here touching his no-no spot drains him of all strength because USJ Nomu did the same thing and All Might couldn’t break from his grip, and USJ Nomu “totally isn’t on All Might’s level in strength”
It should have been updated to supersonic after a crt

Uh, you mean when Wolfram was reacting to all of his movements in order to catch him with those cables in the first place? And blocked All Might from getting to him several times? And was clearly attacking All Might at speeds comparable to his own?

Who tf thinks getting hit in his weak spot drains his power. If anything that makes him stronger cause he goes Plus Ultra.

Wait people think that? I mean sure it prob hurts like a bitch but I dont think it drains him of his power
It was the main argument of several people trying to explain why High Ends are way stronger than USJ Nomu in pure muscle strength, or something along those lines. And by that logic I argued a few regular heroes could defeat All Might since the Near High Ends were getting beaten pretty hard by small squads of mostly nameless heroes, and other High Ends were getting one shot by Mirko and Endeavor, meaning the giant gap between All Might and the rest of heroes the series bashes into the reader‘s heads just doesn’t exist.

It was the main argument of several people trying to explain why High Ends are way stronger than USJ Nomu in pure muscle strength, or something along those lines. And by that logic I argued a few regular heroes could defeat All Might since the Near High Ends were getting beaten pretty hard by small squads of mostly nameless heroes, and other High Ends were getting one shot by Mirko and Endeavor, meaning the giant gap between All Might and the rest of heroes the series bashes into the reader‘s heads just doesn’t exist.
when was THAT ever an argument? That's terrible logic. High Ends are stronger than USJ Nomu cause the Doctor literally said they're better stat wise.

All Might is only Cosmically above everyone else in his prime/before he gave away One For All. USJ onwards All Might is so weak that Garaki can literally manufacture people on his level.

Except All Might was at his limit ever since he met Wolfram so he wouldn’t be fighting at his best. That’s basic logic.

So, A group of normal, regular, outside the top 10 top heroes OR Endeavor > A High End >>> All Might using literally everything he’s got > USJ Nomu. Yeah that makes sense.

Kamino All Might was still so cosmically above everyone that Endeavor didn’t even try and help All Might in his last class with AFO. He traded 3 or so attacks and then left the manga for the remaining chapters until the next arc or something. But hey, scaling > canon. Endeavor could’ve solo’d Kamino AFO if he just put in a little effort.

btw just a questions what are the outliers that MHA gets denied 7-A or higher. Most of the time outside of wiki everyone gives off the "mha is just weak and nothing more" vibe

Except All Might was at his limit ever since he met Wolfram so he wouldn’t be fighting at his best. That’s basic logic.

So, A group of normal, regular, outside the top 10 top heroes OR Endeavor > A High End >>> All Might using literally everything he’s got > USJ Nomu. Yeah that makes sense.

Kamino All Might was still so cosmically above everyone that Endeavor didn’t even try and help All Might in his last class with AFO. He traded 3 or so attacks and then left the manga for the remaining chapters until the next arc or something. But hey, scaling > canon. Endeavor could’ve solo’d Kamino AFO if he just put in a little effort.
Same deal as USJ then, so I don't see a problem?

Considering the heroes you're attempting to say can beat High Ends only fought Near High Ends which are stupid DIED IN LITERAL DROVES, I think you're projecting your issues with scaling a bit here. It was not a group. It was literally every single hero in Japan. You don't know what quirks they used to beat the High Ends, how strong any of them are, what they did, who died, who sacrificed what, nothing. That's like saying All Might wouldn't die by getting touched by Overhaul. There are ways to beat stronger opponents without being stronger than them. And even then they got slaughtered by the only like 20 Near High Ends that existed.

Endeavor, not using any flashfire attacks or prominence burn, clashing with AFO's air cannons is quite impressive to me. He was eclipsed by Prime All Might, not Weakened. He literally had no idea he was getting weaker, so obviously him being closer in strength to Kamino All Might is not impossible, especially considering he can take hits from Shigaraki who is literally as strong as that All Might.

Stop downplaying characters off the mythos of Prime All Might. The All Might we have seen throughout the series is not that guy. After losing OFA, he got so drastically weaker that the other characters can actually do something to him. Why is that a hard concept to comprehend?

btw just a questions what are the outliers that MHA gets denied 7-A or higher. Most of the time outside of wiki everyone gives off the "mha is just weak and nothing more" vibe
It’s the dual storm dispersal by Deku and Bakugo
Which Earthy’s Calc gets to 1.5 Teratons (Low 6-B each) and I once got to 12 Teratons each (6-B)
The issue people have with it is Full Cowl 100% being thousands of times stronger than a 100% smash even in spite of the fact that pure logic would make 100% Full Cowl stronger than just a smash.
Since the gap is so big.

High Ends need to stabilize to be effective. Near High Ends literally are worse than the High Ends Mirko fought in terms of stabilization. They are bad at moving and can't make informed decisions. Saying that 200 heroes can beat one of them, or that a hero has a quirk that can kill one of them, is not as big of a "scaling breaker" as you're attempting to make it out to be.

It’s the dual storm dispersal by Deku and Bakugo
Which Earthy’s Calc gets to 1.5 Teratons (Low 6-B each) and I once got to 12 Teratons each (6-B)
The issue people have with it is Full Cowl 100% being thousands of times stronger than a 100% smash even in spite of the fact that pure logic would make 100% Full Cowl stronger than just a smash.
Since the gap is so big.
I mean being thousands of times stronger doesnt necessarily mean an outlier as it would depend on the context of those older feats and feats dont really mean the limit of a character. So basically people just have a problem with the fact that MHA god tiers have a chance of being above city level and they hate it.(at least thats what I get from it)

Higher feats can be outliers just via being higher.

If the calc gotten High 6-A results, would you really say it's not an outlier?

Nothing in universe or are own calcs supports the idea that Izuku can produce enough energy to destroy Japan with a single punch.

Higher feats can be outliers just via being higher.

If the calc gotten High 6-A results, would you really say it's not an outlier?

Nothing in universe or are own calcs supports the idea that Izuku can produce enough energy to destroy Japan with a single punch.
I mean if it literally happened on screen then why not. Especially if future stuff doesnt contradict it either. Could be that the characters always were around that tier(at least god tiers) or the story progressed in that direction.

It didn't happen on screen, we calculated a feat that was over 20 km in size.

And got Small Country level results, in universe the attack isn't stated to be capable of destroying Japan.

Our fan calcs put it at that level, which means we have to compare it with are other calcs.

Obviously if we have a statement that he is that strong, it's another story.

I mean being thousands of times stronger doesnt necessarily mean an outlier as it would depend on the context of those older feats and feats dont really mean the limit of a character. So basically people just have a problem with the fact that MHA god tiers have a chance of being above city level and they hate it.(at least thats what I get from it)
Well the context behind is that they essentially iirc
Full Cowling 100% is stronger than but not orders of magnitude superior due to it
Since it’s the same percentage just spread out throughout the body.
5% for example has never shown such a insane difference between one arm and a full body.

And without more specific context saying “Yeah 100% Full cowling is 3 orders of
Magnitude stronger” people will claim it an outlier

Personally I’m neutral towards it
So long as the scaling doesn’t become a mess and doesn’t contradict the narrative due to it it’s fine-ish.

Oh well.

I always figured Full Cowling would be weaker than 100% in a single limb. Since, y’know, it’s the same power but spread throughout the body. This is why he could use around 5% in his arm to “break Shoto’s defence” without even touching his arm, while 5% full cowling Deku never shows anything like that wind pressure. Not in the manga at least.

And yeah, the movies are way stronger than the manga and anime put together. I brought that up several times but “they’re canon to the manga, so they’re totally not outliers, Horikoshi went over every single scene and seemed it canon” even though 20% Deku in Heroes Rising performed a weird, heavily outlier feat MAGNITUDES stronger than anything else he’s shown without 100%.

I’ve got some cool imgur photos to show you all.

Izuku literally states he's using everything OFA has to offer against Shigaraki, regardless of what happens to him, and he's not using 100% Full Cowl. There is no arguing against that, unless there's proof Izuku went brain dead and forgot how strong Full Cowl is.

He doesn't say, everything he can do, he says he's unleashing everything OFA has.

If 100% Full Cowl is thousands of times stronger than 100% in a single arm, than the same is true for all of his percentages. Which means 5% in one arm is thousands of times weaker than 5% Full Cowl, which is absurd.

Well the context behind is that they essentially iirc
Full Cowling 100% is stronger than but not orders of magnitude superior due to it
Since it’s the same percentage just spread out throughout the body.
5% for example has never shown such a insane difference between one arm and a full body.

And without more specific context saying “Yeah 100% Full cowling is 3 orders of
Magnitude stronger” people will claim it an outlier

Personally I’m neutral towards it
So long as the scaling doesn’t become a mess and doesn’t contradict the narrative due to it it’s fine-ish.
I guess so. Then again about the 100% cowl didnt all might state Deku can only use 100% as much as his body can handle? Might have to find a scan later but even then its pretty clear Dekus 100% grows through out the series or at least he learns how to control it better.

Deku spin-kicks Nine in a way similar to Howitzer Impact. The shockwave cracks the mountain and at the top of the image, pushes away a bit of the ocean so much that you can see trenches. Not sure where the lightning came from tho.

Yeah honestly it would be pretty funny if there is like a multi-continental feat or statement and people go wild
It's always fun to watch any series just blowing power-scaling out the window with god tier feats, Idk if you're into One Punch Man but a lot of people thought Tornado of Terror would remain Tier 7 the whole series then all of a sudden ''yeah let me just tank a energy beam that sliced off a country sized piece of the earth''.

MHA had a moment of this when Heroes Rising had that storm Detroit smash though we don't use it unfortunately.

It's always fun to watch any series just blowing power-scaling out the window with god tier feats, Idk if you're into One Punch Man but a lot of people thought Tornado of Terror would remain Tier 7 the whole series then all of a sudden ''yeah let me just tank a energy beam that sliced off a country sized piece of the earth''.

MHA had a moment of this when Heroes Rising had that storm Detroit smash though we don't use it unfortunately.
Tbf Tatsumaki had a Low 6-B+ feat slightly earlier in that same arc.

Yeah its pretty amazing tbh. Especially if the people going wild hate the series that suddenly has a really good feat

Back