• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

Deku spin-kicks Nine in a way similar to Howitzer Impact. The shockwave cracks the mountain and at the top of the image, pushes away a bit of the ocean so much that you can see trenches. Not sure where the lightning came from tho.
When Bakugo throws a boulder at Nine you can see a a couple of shockwaves causing the ocean to push away a lil bit as well.

Izuku literally states he's using everything OFA has to offer against Shigaraki, regardless of what happens to him, and he's not using 100% Full Cowl. There is no arguing against that, unless there's proof Izuku went brain dead and forgot how strong Full Cowl is.

He doesn't say, everything he can do, he says he's unleashing everything OFA has.

If 100% Full Cowl is thousands of times stronger than 100% in a single arm, than the same is true for all of his percentages. Which means 5% in one arm is thousands of times weaker than 5% Full Cowl, which is absurd.
Wait do you have a scan or a chapter of him saying that he uses 100% of what OFA has? Then again I will probably get to it later this week since Im reading MHA again and on ch 110 atm. Also that just upscales shigaraki and people relative to him anyway.

I mean we dont know that, I think. So its a possibility 5% through the body is much grater than 5% in the arm lol

Right before he punches Shigaraki in chapter 284.

"Shigaraki now possess All For One... And One For All is a power passed down for the sole purpose of beating All For One! He has to go down here! Now's the moment to let it all out! Everything One For All has to offer! No matter what happens to me!"

I'm conflicted, I'd like a series to remain tame with it's powers and not go to crazy.

But I'd love to see Izuku or Shigaraki just yeet a mountain like it was a pebble.
Yeah tbh HxH does this kind of nicely

I would love to for horikoshi go insane and say "Dekus and Shigarakis clash will destroy infinite dimensional hierarchy and the concept of time and space" now that would be hilarious

Also, why tf did Nine suddenly get the ability to make tornadoes to fly and coat himself in lightning. Did he actually awaken from those chemicals or something.

Right before he punches Shigaraki in chapter 284.

"Shigaraki now possess All For One... And One For All is a power passed down for the sole purpose of beating All For One! He has to go down here! Now's the moment to let it all out! Everything One For All has to offer! No matter what happens to me!"
oh ok ig shigaraki and others are small country level lol

Also, why tf did Nine suddenly get the ability to make tornadoes to fly and coat himself in lightning. Did he actually awaken from those chemicals or something.
He already possesses the power to control the weather, he made storms and called down lightning. The idea of him making a small tornado to let him fly isn't that out there. Though I don't remember him coating himself in lightning, a electricity effect doesn't equal lightning power.

It's pretty nuts that a 75% Shigiraki is on par with a 100% Deku, imagine if his process wasn't interrupted
100% Deku would stomp on 75% Shigaraki in every possible fashion, he is not on par. That's why we don't scale him: if he was as strong as 100%, he wouldn't be getting his jaw nearly punched off and needing Super Regeneration to not die within seconds of the beating Deku gave him.

World Heroes Mission.

Flect Turn weaponises the sun itself to fire a beam of light directly at Deku. Deku reacts to and then dodges it after it enters the atmosphere.

He already possesses the power to control the weather, he made storms and called down lightning. The idea of him making a small tornado to let him fly isn't that out there. Though I don't remember him coating himself in lightning, a electricity effect doesn't equal lightning power.
When they first trade One For All, Nine literally has some kind of electricity surge between his hands. Also when he dashes at Deku and Bakugo before the Final Smash, he is coated in that same effect. Why is that even there.

Nine was holding lightning between his hands. I guess he called it down from the sky and could control it that way. He never seems to send it out from his person as an attack; he uses only the purple lasers and the hydras. He uses the lightning to propel himself along with the tornado beneath him.

then Deku grabs the villain, throws him into the air, and from ground up jumps to the set villain to punch him so hard he gets knocked to mars and mars gets destroyed. ftl and planetary deku
You brought up a very faint memory I had of watching a video of Shaggy vs Matt from wii sports where Shaggy just throws the earth at mars to kill Matt.

Nine seems to have 7 quirks.

Weather Manip.
AFO.
Hydra.
Scanning.
Air Wall.
Nail Lasers.
Cell Activation he took from Katsuma’s dad
and then 2 empty slots, assuming he has 9 quirk slots in total. Due to his name.

Nine seems to have 7 quirks.

Weather Manip.
AFO.
Hydra.
Scanning.
Air Wall.
Nail Lasers.
Cell Activation he took from Katsuma’s dad
and then 2 empty slots, assuming he has 9 quirk slots in total. Due to his name.
His name is because he is the ninth experiment for someone to hold AFO.

Shigaraki is number 10, which plays into his name which has ten in it I believe.

btw since Horikoshi loves comic books, do you think he knows how weak MHA is and just doesnt care since he isnt bothered by it or just doesnt know

I wonder if Nine could’ve gotten Katsuma’s quirk if he just asked nice enough.

”Uhh, yo, kid heroes. I’m literally dying. I need that kid’s quirk to survive or else I’ll have to live my life without ever using my quirk in this quirk run society and that’s no good. So, uhh. Pretty please? I promise not to do anything bad.”

It can be both.
It can be. He was trying to get another quirk the whole time after all, so he does have slots available.
btw since Horikoshi loves comic books, do you think he knows how weak MHA is and just doesnt care since he isnt bothered by it or just doesnt know
He knows, he doesn't care though, he's having fun. Like in that Deadpool manga where he drew All Might beating up Thanos.

Considering his ability to control the weather, it's not that crazy to say he can do that stuff.

Doctor to Nine: "You've become a being who can steal eight Quirks and use nine."

Sounds like he can only hold nine Quirks.

I’m glad MHA is “weak” because it’s easier to relate to and understand. Guns are still dangerous in this universe. It’s not like Dragon Ball where a character can destroy 3 galaxies and then get hurt by a handgun because consistency is bullshit.

Attack On Titan would not be one of my favourite series if it wasn’t as grounded as it was. Don’t need planet level titans or Ackermann’s for a good story.

Maybe it's just me but I roll my eyes whenever I see a series get too crazy which is why i didn't really get into Dragonball, Marvel and DC Comics or whatever.

I’m glad MHA is “weak” because it’s easier to relate to and understand. Guns are still dangerous in this universe. It’s not like Dragon Ball where a character can destroy 3 galaxies and then get hurt by a handgun because consistency is bullshit.

Attack On Titan would not be one of my favourite series if it wasn’t as grounded as it was.
to be fair guns arent that effective if 5% Deku can dodge them and most of the class is relative to that. Actually this reminds me. Idk why but it just pisses me off so much when Momo stans think she can do shit with a gun in MHA against top tiers.

Probably doesn’t care or never payed attention to Comics having outrageous powerscaling and inconsistencies (Cough Spider-Man harming tier 4s and getting taken out by 8-B explosions in the next issue)

Last edited:
to be fair guns arent that effective if 5% Deku can dodge them and most of the class is relative to that. Actually this reminds me. Idk why but it just pisses me off so much when Momo stans think she can do shit with a gun in MHA against top tiers.
I haven't heard of people talking about Momo with a gun. Lots of people who ask ''what if she made a nuke'' tho which i always found dumb because why would she use a weapon of mass destruction.

Probably doesn’t care or never payed attention to Comics having outrageous powerscaling and inconsistencies (Cough Spider-Man harming tier 4’s and getting taken out by 8-B explosions in the next issue)
Yeah true. Though I really wouldnt be surprised if EOS Dekus is multi-continental or planetary. Maybe with FTL speeds too.

I haven't heard of people talking about Momo with a gun. Lots of people who ask ''what if she made a nuke'' tho which i always found dumb because why would she use a weapon of mass destruction.
No like there are actually groups of people thinking they can beat MHA characters with a gun and so they also justify momo being op. There is also fanon Denki who solos fiction because 120 volts is enough to kill a human lmao

Momo can commit war crimes.

Question: Considering the fourth user died in only 18 years of holding OFA, and the Quirk has gotten a lot stronger. How long do you think a "normal" person will live if they received OFA from All Might?

Back