• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

Read the official and things got cleared up. I do think that 1-A is in the right to trying to tell Deku to just take a break and let them in on things to an extent but for the most part I still side with Izuku.

A very good but not broken powerup for Bakugo would be the power to make explosions from any part of his body, not just his hands.

But they arent going all out and deku being exhausted means nothing. The boost from OFA is the same
What lol He broke out of Ragnorok with nothing but pure strength WHILE there’s not light and they are struggling against someone who’s tired and also holding back so yeah they would be pretty useless helping Deku

What lol He broke out of Ragnorok with nothing but pure strength WHILE there’s not light and they are struggling against someone who’s tired and also holding back so yeah they would be pretty useless helping Deku
To be fair, Class 1-A is not giving it their all. None of the things they are doing really count that much against them since their intentions are about just getting Deku back with them. We do not know exactly what they are capable of now. Perhaps they can deal with at least a few High-End nomu and maybe even deal with AFO's new villains in someway. They do not have to deal with AFO himself to be helpful. But we will have to wait and see.

I do agree that Midoriya is stronger than all of them put together.

Who wins deku with anyone in class 1-A that is fast as or faster then GT or current AFO who needs mask at all times

Who wins deku with everyone of class 1-A who can move fast if not faster then Gran Torino or all for one who currently always needs a respirator

AFO teleporting people is a good play, except for Deku trying to beat the shit out of him 24/7. He literally cannot get Deku away from him except for Air Cannon, and then his options are limited cause he’s getting peppered by the small fry. Deku’s presence makes the fight doable cause AFO can’t really focus on anyone else when mini-All Might is slapping his Rivet Stabs out of the air while kicking him in the face with Fa Jin.

Also Todoroki absolutely kills AFO if he hits a flashfire move. So that’s a good win condition for them.

Is AFO (the actual person) controlling two bodies at ones, being himself and Shigaraki? Or is Shigaraki just being possessed by the AFO quirk/consciousness itself which just so happens to have the same personality, memories, and intellect as the person?

This whole quirk consciousness concept is kind of confusing with the specific details of things. I feel like Hori is giving hints on how it works (AFO the person sensing his brother in the vestige world from prison, All Might getting a vague feeling that Deku was talking with the predecessors in the hospital.) but I'm failing to properly connect the dots.

There are two AFO. Potatoface and the vestige inside Shigaraki. They could communicate, likely by design.
Pretty much the same concept as the OFA Vestiges. If any predecessor were still alive, there would be two of them and they likely could communicate as well.

Only Shoto is near there but he suffers from speed and defence issues. Bakugo is more well rounded but suffers from a lack of a big oomph attack. Tokoyami too but he has a pretty glaring weakness. Iida and Kirishima has one stat maxed out that might be comparable to Deku but pretty low on the others.

Usually I rate characters on: Speed, Defence, Attack Power.

Deku and some other brick like characters (Superman archetype) tick all 3 boxes but most MHA characters only tick one or at most 2 boxes so their stats are pretty un-even.

That's why no matter how powerful Shoto and Bakugo get, it's still a dream to be > Prime All Might. They might surpass him in one stat like AP but not all stats since their quirks are not as well rounded.

I was just thinking; when Deku caught Nagant’s first bullet, her second shot reached him pretty much instantly, before the momentum from the first bullet really sent him anywhere significant. Just wondering.

Looks like a lot of characters get solo fights in this: Momo, Tsuyu, Sato, possibly Ochako, Kirishima, Shoto and of course Deku & Bakugo.

So far the only thing I saw Flect do is punch with energy coming from his elbow like a rocket booster + he matches Deku's power but whether this is EA's 10-15% or Timeskip 30-45% Deku is still yet to be seen.

Ouirk Doomsday Cultist be like:

Hey there Mr. Blue
We're so pleased to be with you
Look around see what you do
Everybody smiles at you

Mr. Blue, you did it right
But soon comes Mr. Might creepin' over
Now his hand is on your shoulder

Place your bets: does Flect have 1 quirk and be original or does he have multiple quirks like the other 2 movies?
I hope he’s got only one quirk but based on him clashing with Deku
I have a gut feeling he’s got a strength amp quirk along with another thing (Or he could have body modifications who knows)

Probably just one with multiple applications like Chimera and Re-destro even Tsuyu.

I'm guessing for example, Leviathan and that Merman hero both have Hydrokinesis as their quirk but they will obviously have enhanced physicals just based off they designs.

Deku might be at 30%~ based off the air pressure off his clash with Flect and his proficient use of black whip in the trailer; he’s using a long string of Blackwhip for more than a second. It might also be a good choice to reveal that in this movie, instead of just having Bakugo casually and anti climatically drop that info in the War Arc.

Back