• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

“There could be someone out there, crying out for help right now, and I wouldn’t even know about it. I’m only human too.”
- All Might to Deku.

Meanwhile, in Vigilantes: “MIGHT EARS! MIGHT SENSE! MIGHT EYES!!”

Also I can’t tell if it was sarcasm or not, but any dragon in Miss Kobayashi’s Dragon Maid eats Mineta alive. Hell, Kanna could probably solo the entire school.

Also I can’t tell if it was sarcasm or not, but any dragon in Miss Kobayashi’s Dragon Maid eats Mineta alive. Hell, Kanna could probably solo the entire school.
Spoiler: Kobayashi can probably do it given the right chance. Don't read if you're not up to date with the series.

There is no other one. There's only the Chapter 1 All Might punch and Heroes Rising punch for Storm feats. That's all and these are the 2 most debated ones.
And are literally the only feats. We got the first and it was back and forth where its placed, we get heroes rising (consistently island level) and its all “its an outlier!!!!”

Has anyone even tried to calc Bakugo’s howitzer impact in the sports festival? And that calc for the Heaven Piercing Ice Wall is wrong, they lowballed the height and width.

So if the Izukick gets approved, that's gonna upgrade several 1-A/1-B due to Monoma scaling, ain't it?
Has anyone even tried to calc Bakugo’s howitzer impact in the sports festival? And that calc for the Heaven Piercing Ice Wall is wrong, they lowballed the height and width.
While I think being conservative is better, I think the Heaven Piercing Ice Wall would exceed 20 meters in height (the Sports Festival one). I searched a bit about the smallest stadiums in Japan like a year ago but I forgot about it though lol

Todoroki's stuff probably shouldn't even be calc, he can't translate that to actual AP. It's a rather worthless stat to me, but whatever floats your boat I guess.

Howitzer Impact is too small to get good results, even if the explosion was the size of the Sports Festival Arena itself, you'd only get High 8-C+ results, but obviously it's not that big. We don't even see the full blast though, so there's nothing to even measure.

It was stated the attack was the same one he used against Uraraka but with spin, but that explosion I've only got to be 9-A.

The issue I have with “it’s too small” though, is that Howitzer Impact’s size depends on how big Todoroki’s ice wall is, which reaches across the stadium and surpasses it in height. The stadium is not a normal one, it is humongous, meaning the explosion has to be ridiculously big as well.

For reference, the stadium is surrounded by a 4 kilometer track. That means that, from end to end, the stadium itself has to be FAR larger than the calc suggests it is, which puts it at only a couple dozen meters. Meaning that Bakugo’s explosion would also be ridiculously large in order to span the stadiums radius as well.

Yeah but the visuals don't support the statement, also the stadium is an oval in some panels which makes finding the size frustrating.

Bakugo's explosion didn't even reach the radius of the stadium, since he would've killed the people watching. A lot of his explosion was blocked off and stopped by Todoroki's ice as well. We don't see how far the explosion go, the explosion doesn't equal to size of the ice that's absurd. The impact of the blast could've just traveled up the ice, or it's possible he only destroy the bottom and the top just collapsed on itself. Also no telling what all of the heat would've done as well.

It might not be impossible, but I see zero reason to calculate such a worthless feat.

well are there any other statements regarding the size of the stadium, otherwise we could always do what we do with the Seireitei in bleach and take the statements over the visuals because the latter is Inconsistent, that's depending on how Inconsistent the stadium is though.

The problem is that we need the visuals to get the size of the ice wall or the explosion.

And we don't know how big the stadium itself is, only the circumference of the track that surrounds the stadium.

What am I suppose to do with just that?

When it comes to the Heaven piercing ice wall, why don’t we just Calc with kinetic energy or something rather than temp change?
The problem is that we need the visuals to get the size of the ice wall or the explosion.

And we don't know how big the stadium itself is, only the circumference of the track that surrounds the stadium.

What am I suppose to do with just that?
On this point with the circumference
Using 4km the Radius of the stadium within or at least the track would be a little less than 640m
Wouldn’t that be helpful?

There is no KE, the ice doesn't move it forms in place. Todoroki can't move his ice after he makes it, we would've seen that by now.

4 km is the circumference of the race track which surrounds the stadium, the stadium itself would be smaller. Also the stadium/track is not circle, it's an ellipse or a oval if you prefer.

How do visuals not support the statement? The entire reason the race didn’t take 2 minutes for Bakugo is because they ran 4 kilometers with obstacles? Also, it is very consistently oval shaped, not circular, so we should treat it as such. If you’re talking about the combat round, the ring is surrounded by a ridiculously large field, on top of taking place on a platform that is atop two other larger platforms, it isn’t right next to the stands.

The manga shows how far the explosion of the howitzer impact travelled though. On a tiny panel we can see that the explosion itself reached near the tip of the biggest “ice spike” Todoroki formed, meaning it didn’t hit the crowd but did reach, in size, Todoroki’s ice wall, or very near to it.

Here are the best shots of the arena I could find. I also included a possible way to find the height of the arena using Deku next to one of the doors.

The anime diagram is literally the best shot of the stadium I’m gonna be able to get because all other shots of the stadium from the outside are from terrible angles or don’t fully include the track that surrounds it. I can provide more pictures that at least add to the validity of the diagram itself, but that’s the best we’re gonna get. So it’s a matter of the diagram being accepted as accurate or not.

Here is the shot of the explosion traveling to the top of the ice structure Todoroki made as well as the diagram in the manga, showing it is consistent.

Actually, it was approved to 7-A a while ago by Therefir. Don't really care about 8-A 5% Deku though. It's none of my concern.
Actually, I approved the calc before it was revealed that All Might made these storms with rising air current, so yeah, I don't agree with the calc anymore, it's faulty and ignore how the storm was actually created.

Here’s something I’ve also been wondering by the way about the Full Gauntlet from the movie. This is a thought I’ve had ever since I saw him seemingly power up to fight Wolfram then run on par with All Might out of nowhere.

When Deku got the Mid Gauntlets, which are bad versions of the Full Gauntlet, All Might said that they would reinforce his entire body, not just his arms. If this is the logic for them, then it should be true that the Full Gauntlet reinforced Deku’s whole body as well to a degree, right? We even see this with Deku using 30%; he activates full cowl and the gauntlet, but never says the percent he’s using until he goes for a punch. That would imply he used 30% full cowl there no?

So if the full gauntlet actually makes his whole body stronger, that would remove the outlier of him keeping up with AM and him breaking that steel pillar, since it would be attributed to a higher percent.

Getting Multi-City Block level+ results for Bakugo's Howitzer, also radius of the stadium is 522 meters using the diagram.

The results will likely be lower since I'm taking some liberates, could be 8-B+ but it'll likely be 8-A.

Edit: About the Gauntlet thing, I'm neutral about that. 30% shouldn't be keeping up with All Might either, but whatever.

Getting Multi-City Block level+ results for Bakugo's Howitzer, also radius of the stadium is 522 meters using the diagram.

The results will likely be lower since I'm taking some liberates, could be 8-B+ but it'll likely be 8-A.

Edit: About the Gauntlet thing, I'm neutral about that. 30% shouldn't be keeping up with All Might either, but whatever.
Well, 30% for that moment. As we saw, he REALLY increased his power right before kicking that steel beam.

Essentially, I’m saying he amped to an unknown percent that let him keep up with Post-USJ All Might in speed. So we no longer have to cry outlier on 5% keeping up. Assuming it’s widely accepted.

Problem is that I highly doubt he was using anything higher than that, why wouldn't they reveal that in the movie itself. You'd think Izuku would mention something like that.

The real world answer is that it wasn't a thing yet, but obviously that's not an answer.

However assuming it's true, why should we assume he's using 5% at any point in the movie? So all of Izuku's feats become invalid, as they scale to 30% or higher.

Problem is that I highly doubt he was using anything higher than that, why wouldn't they reveal that in the movie itself. You'd think Izuku would mention something like that.

The real world answer is that it wasn't thought about yet, but obviously that's not an answer.

However assuming it's true, why should we assume he's using 5% at any point in the movie? So all of Izuku's feats become invalid, as they scale to 30% or higher.
I mean, that would be an unfortunate reality of it, yes. So him dodging bullets doesn’t become our go to calc for everyone that scales to 5%, and we probably go back to other feats for AP.

Like the High 8-C+ feat that is the exact same as the manga feat but isn’t used for some reason.

Izuku mentions after using 30%, that his arm still feels fine.

Doesn't that imply he's only using 30% on his arm, while Full Cowl is still 5%? Since he should've stated that his body felt fine, not just his arm.

He even separates his line, first by saying Full Cowl, then he brings up the Full Gauntlet like he just started using it.

Izuku mentions after using 30%, that his arm still feels fine.

Doesn't that imply he's only using 30% on his arm, while Full Cowl is still 5%? Since he should've stated that his body felt fine, not just his arm.

He even separates his line, first by saying Full Cowl, then he brings up the Full Gauntlet like he just started using it.
Hmm. So he probably only used higher percentages on his arms the whole time. But that just makes the scene of him keeping up with All Might not consistent.

If he didn’t somehow activate a far higher percent, why waste time on that shot of him powering up before catching up to All Might? And if he was activating a higher percent, how did he do so if the gauntlet isn’t assisting him? Did he just try it at that point because he was struggling against Wolfram?

I’m just trying to make sense of the scene without needing to say it’s an outlier.

Back