• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

Imagine MHA got outclassed by an slime with overused genre and a supposed to be SoL anime with dragon waifus

Average MHA fans: 2000.0% Triggered
If Bones aren't going to put maximum effort for the EA Agency arc and MVA, yeah it's gonna be trouble.

Dragon Maid might cover one of its best arcs ever later in the season, on top of the absolute god-tier KyoAni production boosting the show even further.

Despite problems with the anime adaptation, Slime is coming in with incredible momentum from the ending of S2P1 and Slime Diaries in between. It's also covering one of the best arcs of the story too, and in stark contrast to the recap-filled disaster in the first cour, the second cour had a great start with zero recaps.

I think MHA can still keep up. MVA has lots of hype fights and the drama with the Todorokis and flashbacks for the LOV. But beating those two shows is gonna be nigh impossible.

You forgot he used Air Cannon to wipe out the raid team. It wasn't shown in the manga but it's the only attack AFO could've used to do so.
In any case, this comparison/scaling isn't being used anymore AFAIK.

As for the Air Blast/Texas Smash clash, I can't look at the scans right now but IIRC Deku was visibly being blown away from the clash, that doesn't really happen with all the other times Deku uses 100% so it can't be him just suffering recoil.
So I suppose them clashing and cancelling each other out is a safe assumption, though you can make arguments against it. I wasn't the one who originally made that justification.

If Bones aren't going to put maximum effort for the EA Agency arc and MVA, yeah it's gonna be trouble.

Dragon Maid might cover one of its best arcs ever later in the season, on top of the absolute god-tier KyoAni production boosting the show even further.

Despite problems with the anime adaptation, Slime is coming in with incredible momentum from the ending of S2P1 and Slime Diaries in between. It's also covering one of the best arcs of the story too, and in stark contrast to the recap-filled disaster in the first cour, the second cour had a great start with zero recaps.

I think MHA can still keep up. MVA has lots of hype fights and the drama with the Todorokis and flashbacks for the LOV. But beating those two shows is gonna be nigh impossible.
The only thing they can keep up is that it's MHA, that's it

The said "fans" would ignore that two (and the others Summer Anime's) and only cared for MHA even with the issue it got recently

I sure do hope Deku goes 30% here and not 45%. He might ACTUALLY kill them all at that point.

Also, get your upgrades at the ready. 2-A might be able to pull something that actually hurts Deku here. Inb4 Ochako straight up hurts him with her bare hands.

I sure do hope Deku goes 30% here and not 45%. He might ACTUALLY kill them all at that point.

Also, get your upgrades at the ready. 2-A might be able to pull something that actually hurts Deku here. Inb4 Ochako straight up hurts him with her bare hands.
I thought translations said they were still 1-A since the whole UA becoming a shelter put a pause on the Hero Course program.

I'm wondering how this is going to go. If deku just tries to smokescreen and run they have people capable of keeping up with deku's speed and characters like shoji and jirou wouldn't allow deku to just run away. If Deku starts using faux 100% the only characters I could potentially see guarding against that are kirishima and Todoroki, but if he goes that hard it's going to be trouble. I am wondering if we're going to get another side character moment like we did in this chapter with sero, koda, hagakure, and mineta. I'm kind of sad sato wasn't included there though

I'm wondering how this is going to go. If deku just tries to smokescreen and run they have people capable of keeping up with deku's speed and characters like shoji and jirou wouldn't allow deku to just run away. If Deku starts using faux 100% the only characters I could potentially see guarding against that are kirishima and Todoroki, but if he goes that hard it's going to be trouble. I am wondering if we're going to get another side character moment like we did in this chapter with sero, koda, hagakure, and mineta. I'm kind of sad sato wasn't included there though
Deku also has encyclopedic knowledge of literally everyone in his class. He knows their strengths and weaknesses, all of them. They ain't gonna win unless Izuku collapses from exhaustion or they manage to convince him that he's wrong.

Bakugo saying he knows Deku best is kinda funny to me when he’s the reason Deku is the way he is. I wonder if what he has done to Deku that led to this will come up in the upcoming clash. He can’t spout off righteous statements without showing off his character development to the person that he has affected the most.

Bakugo saying he knows Deku best is kinda funny to me when he’s the reason Deku is the way he is. I wonder if what he has done to Deku that led to this will come up in the upcoming clash. He can’t spout off righteous statements without showing off his character development to the person that he has affected the most.
This is what bothers me the most.
Although I understand that being soft on Deku probably won't work, Bakugo isn't really doing himself and Deku any favors by being so antagonistic, which is typical of him.

Bakugo fans basically tries to excuse this pathetic behavior as "tough love" because apparently this is the only way Bakugo can express himself to Deku.
It might be true, that's how Bakugo has always been.

But we have been shown that Bakugo is fairly capable of showing care without being violently moronic. Like the flashback when he's talking to All Might about Deku.

And regardless, it doesn't excuse this behavior from him, especially since he's talking to someone who is not only burdened by responsibilities, but someone Bakugo used to bully, with Bakugo being a major influence in his life.

What this shows is that Bakugo's still a coward who still cannot communicate with his bullying victim without being unnecessarily antagonistic (who he hasn't apologized to yet, mind you).

Excuses like "but he's always been like that" aren't valid, because it shows that Bakugo hasn't changed significantly enough for his own self-growth.

Looking at it positively though, we may actually see this very change play out in this arc. I'm not getting my hopes up, and some people may feel like it taking nearly 300 chapters for Bakugo to show signd of considerably great development is too long. But it may happen. Horikoshi did day once that Bakugo will apologize to Deku.

I just want Deku to whoop their ass.

He may lose since he's so tired but the power difference does exist and 1A are delusional if they think they can take on the threats Deku will be taking on especially Shigaraki and AFO.

There are only like 4 or 5 students in 1A that can fight and survive against High-ends but even for them, they can't win yet. And obviously Shigaraki and AFO are even stronger than that.

There's also many of them with unbalances stats. Some have high AP but low dura or speed, some are fast but low AP, etc.

My prediction right now are we'll be getting upgrades
I'm expecting speed upgrades for Bakugou,Iida, Todoroki and maybe Tokoyomi, Dur upgrades for Kirishima, and AP upgrades for Bakugou, and maybe Iida tokoyami,

I just want Deku to whoop their ass.

He may lose since he's so tired but the power difference does exist and 1A are delusional if they think they can take on the threats Deku will be taking on especially Shigaraki and AFO.

There are only like 4 or 5 students in 1A that can fight and survive against High-ends but even for them, they can't win yet. And obviously Shigaraki and AFO are even stronger than that.

There's also many of them with unbalances stats. Some have high AP but low dura or speed, some are fast but low AP, etc.
Can AFO, or some other villain, just pop up, kill someone, shame Izuku, and just leave? XD

The way Bakugou is talking to Deku here is definitely not going to do him any favors. I can understand the idea that maybe talking things through with him won't get him to change his mind, but calling him an All Might ******* wannabe? That's like ignoring all of the shit that's been happening to him for the past, dozen or so chapters. Yes, I believe that Deku is being ridiculously reckless here and that he could always use assistance, but in his eyes, (and debatably, this might be valid) this is the only way Deku is capable of hunting down AFO and Shiggy without hurting anyone close to him.

Bakugou is being incredibly ignorant towards Deku here regarding his decisions to leave U.A. In his eyes? He probably thinks that Deku is just being a dumbass. In his eyes, he probably just thinks Deku has been wearing himself down for days on end for a ridiculous reason, "saving everyone." Which couldn't be further from the truth. There is a multitude of reasons as to why Deku's going solo; to protect U.A, to try and save Shigaraki and the villains who he never had a chance to save, and to better a society that is on its last legs. As the ninth holder of One for All, Deku doesn't really have a choice on whether or not he's obligated to do these things.

And more on the topic of Bakugou's behavior; some might say Bakugou is just taunting Deku. Okay then, but why though? There's no reason to be a dick to someone who's had to burden more stuff than anyone in Class 1-A combined. If anything? If Bakugou truly wants Deku to receive help from them, it might just be better to lay down the logic, facts, and benefits of them teaming up. If he has time to try and take a piss on Deku, why doesn't he have time to reason with him?

This comment has kind of gone on way longer than I anticipated, considering that I just felt like venting my inner feelings regards to these characters, but I hope you were able to take something from my two cents.

Last edited:
I strongly agree with what you and Metalballrun said TBH. It genuinely feels to me that Bakugo is acting cruelly to Deku based on surface level understanding of who Izuku is and how he is feeling. Maybe, just maybe, he is acting like this just to get Midoriya's attention and that after they settle things they'd actually have a heart-to-heart conversation. But to be honest I really do not see it playing out.

I will not demonize Katsuki for engaging with Deku with the understanding he has, it has been a very long time since he was honest about how he feels to him. It is plainly obvious that he is completely unaware of Deku's goals to Shigaraki/AFO. I do not blame him for not knowing everything. But Bakugo is completely capable of empathy as established when he talked with All Might about Deku. Why he would choose to bully Deku and jeopardize his whole class rather than just taking people close to Izuku like Iida and Ochako and engage with each other in an honest manner and come to the best solution transcends my conscience.

This whole thing throws a wrench at Katsuki's character development, and it gives me a bad taste in my mouth. It is also sort of clear that Horikoshi might be pulling a bit of a writing blunder on their relationship, especially given that [I heard] he had a change of editors. I have some hope he will fix this situation in the next chapter but IDK.

Last edited:
Jus read this entire thread and whew.
Deku and Bakugou being 6-B is a sight for sore eyes, if the calcs are concrete then I’ll be saying their island - country tier for now on regardless of what the page says but other than that good stuff EarthyBoy you put on for MHA. Also question about nine, nine was only able to complete the storm calc in the first place because AFO granted him the power to do so? Without that pink liquid he’d never perform the feat correct? Does that mean if push came to shove they’d still be able to beat nine making them > Nine even if he got the cell regen? Because I remember garaki saying he was a test subject for afo hence why he could only grab 9 quirks meanwhile the true quirk could grab a endless amount. He was merely training ground for the afo quirk transfer process, Shigaraki was always going to be the main antagonist and true heir to all of AFOs assets

Really hope they put Deku in his place because so far AM and the previous OFA users have been an embarrassment as mentors....

Also gotta side with Baku on his approach on this one...Deku isn't listening to logic or facts right now.

Guys, I know that right now everyone seems more on board with 7-A All might, but I have a doubt about All Might's 7-B storm feat

Why is it assumed that All might caused the storm with a "Strong instability" and not with "Weak instability" or "Moderate instability" ? I don't understand that much about storms, sorry

Really hope they put Deku in his place because so far AM and the previous OFA users have been an embarrassment as mentors....

Also gotta side with Baku on his approach on this one...Deku isn't listening to logic or facts right now.
The only one who needs to be put in his place is Bakugo, he didn't only treated Deku bad he also treated everyone else as secondaries, and he is just acting cocky for no reason whatsoever.

And your logic sounds ridiculous if we think about it, Deku needs to be put in his place simply because he was saving people at all costs by discarding his own well-being...? I guess those Doctors who collapsed from over exhaustion trying to save as many people as they could from Covid should also be put in their places shouldn't they? Because that's just how your logic works.

Guys, I know that right now everyone seems more on board with 7-A All might, but I have a doubt about All Might's 7-B storm feat

Why is it assumed that All might caused the storm with a "Strong instability" and not with "Weak instability" or "Moderate instability" ? I don't understand that much about storms, sorry
We are using condensation for All Might's feat, and the reason why he is 7-B is because he performed the feat with a mere shock wave, meaning that his punch is much stronger than the feat itself.

The only one who needs to be put in his place is Bakugo, he didn't only treated Deku bad he also treated everyone else as secondaries, and he is just acting cocky for no reason whatsoever.

And your logic sounds ridiculous if we think about it, Deku needs to be put in his place simply because he was saving people at all costs by discarding his own well-being...? I guess those Doctors who collapsed from over exhaustion trying to save as many people as they could from Covid should also be put in their places shouldn't they? Because that's just how your logic works.
I'm guessing you didn't read the chapter spoilers if you think Bakugo is acting cocky and for no reason at that...

I didn't know the Doctors had one of the most powerful and important quirks in their possession which a super villain is aiming for, disregarding help from others in the same field, fighting crime with reckless abonnement and etc.. I don't know how you seriously just typed that comparison right now and thought it made sense....I really don't. I can already see where this is going and I won't bother

I'm guessing you didn't read the chapter spoilers if you think Bakugo is acting cocky and for no reason at that...

I didn't know the Doctors had one of the most powerful and important quirks in their possession which a super villain is aiming for, disregarding help from others in the same field, fighting crime with reckless abonnement and etc.. I don't know how you seriously just typed that comparison right now and thought it made sense....I really don't. I can already see where this is going and I won't bother
I read the chapter and the only thing I saw was Bakugo treating his fellow students like crap, claiming he knows more than the N°1 Pro Hero himself, and overall making stupid poses similar to when Vegeta acts cocky and ends up being humiliated.

Deku's responsibility is far superior to that of a doctor and that's exactly why he needs to keep moving forward, forcing him to go back to school would make this whole arc completely pointless, I'm not saying he can't take a break but making him return to school is just a stupid idea.

I don't have much interest or care for this Bakugo-Deku interaction debate, but I just wanna say, was Bakugo supposed to ask Deku nicely or something? Like I'm not sure what people were expecting was going to happen.

Does anyone have the link to the new chapter?
It's not out yet. Only leaks from the eastern manga releases. Official chapters release on Sundays.

There are fully uploaded leaks for the entire chapter out on various sites on the internet, but we aren't allowed to link them here.

I don't have much interest or care for this Bakugo-Deku interaction debate, but I just wanna say, was Bakugo supposed to ask Deku nicely or something? Like I'm not sure what people were expecting was going to happen.
Don't get me wrong, Bakugo acting like this is consistent with his character (even though I expected him to mature a bit after the battle against Shigaraki...), however, this doesn't excuse his behavior, simply because it's in character doesn't mean it's right.

Same with Deku, it's in character for him to be reckless, but it also doesn't mean it's right for him to go down that path.

Both characters have potential to grow, and I just hope that Bakugo finally shows it.

Last edited:
Simple: Peoples don't like Bakugo attitude
It's the other way around.
Bakugo being an obnoxiously loud prick constantly for the lulz is probably due to that trait being one of the reasons he's popular in the first place.

Most of the time, I defend Bakugo's character, but in all honesty he isn't utlitized and developed as much and as properly as he could have been. Sometimes I wonder how Bakugo is written by the same author who writes Endeavor.

Don't get me wrong, Bakugo acting like this is consistent with his character (even though I expected him to mature a bit after the battle against Shigaraki...), however, this doesn't excuse his behavior, just because it's in character doesn't mean it's right.
See? This is why Ochako should have been the one to lead the effort to bring Deku to his senses and not Bakugo.

Don't get me wrong, Bakugo acting like this is consistent with his character (even though I expected him to mature a bit after the battle against Shigaraki...), however, this doesn't excuse his behavior, just because it's in character doesn't mean it's right.
That wasn't really my point (at least not entirely). I'm just not understanding what people want him to do. Pretty much everyone in 1-A wanted him back including Nezu and with Endeavor partially co-operating, at least according to leaks. After he's been on the run for months clearly worn out entirely, did people want Bakugo to ask Deku nicely or something?

See? This is why Ochako should have been the one to lead the effort to bring Deku to his senses and not Bakugo.
It's criminal how little lines Ochako had this chapter. She better talk a lot in the next.
After he's been on the run for months clearly worn out entirely, did people want Bakugo to ask Deku nicely or something?
Deku would be so weirded out by his dear lovely Kacchan acting like a civilized human being for once in his life so much that Deku might actually listen to him.
Same with Deku, it's in character for him to be reckless, but it also doesn't mean it's right for him to go down that path. Both characters have potential to grow.
Well, what Deku is doing can be considered "wrong" but this is actually a logical conclusion of his character's growth and an actual nice change, even if its a reactionary change based on the environment.

Back