• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

Spoilers for new chapter leaks:

Deku allegedly claims he’s already better at moving around than All Might in his prime. But All Might calls his bluff so it’s definitely a lie. Deku really thought that’d work.

Deku allegedly claims he’s already better at moving around than All Might in his prime. But All Might calls his bluff so it’s definitely a lie. Deku really thought that’d work.
I think he's referring to psuedo/faux 100% but my bet is that it still isn't comparable to the real 100%

So a friend of mines who is also caught up in the manga told me that Nagant would had fallen for Deku of he was around the same age as her because she said in the official translation “what a guy”

…….

Theoretical Prime Deku’s disaster level rating? (One Punch Man)
Disaster ratings are weird they seem more so to be destructive capacity rather than actual strength cause for example Plus Ultra Shigaraki would have a higher rating than Endeavor cause he’s more destructive even though he’d 100% lose a fight to him.

But anyway I’d say Deku might be Dragon in his prime if he can toss out Town level wind pressure and maybe has a laser quirk he should be Dragon

Disaster ratings are weird they seem more so to be destructive capacity rather than actual strength cause for example Plus Ultra Shigaraki would have a higher rating than Endeavor cause he’s more destructive even though he’d 100% lose a fight to him.
Yeah while the Disaster ratings are enough to classify the monsters within a certain range it's mostly via how must destruction they can cause, or more accurately, they're like threat levels to humankind. Similar to Threat Rankings in TenSura.
It's often misused by a lot of people tbh

I keep seeing people go “Tatsumaki can’t be God level: she’s not a planet buster!” and completely ignore what the actual criteria for being God level is. They seem to have invented their own criteria for what the disaster scale is, basing it off pure AP and what you can “bust” rather what you can destroy over time.

I keep seeing people go “Tatsumaki can’t be God level: she’s not a planet buster!” and completely ignore what the actual criteria for being God level is. They seem to have invented their own criteria for what the disaster scale is, basing it off pure AP and what you can “bust” rather what you can destroy over time.
Isn’t God just capable of causing extinction? A hyper contagious virus could be considered God level or even just a person who can delete continents and teleport

God is: “a being or disaster threatening human extinction”

So yeah. A planet buster is a God level threat, a surface buster is a god level threat, Tatsumaki would be, an airborne, 100% lethality and infection rate virus would be, etc etc.

What do you think would be the quirk awakenings for Deku's other quirks?

I just saw: Danger Sense -> Future Sight type ability.

Was “quirk awakening” actually a thing or is it not just characters understanding their quirks better and doing things they always could’ve done but just never got into the circumstance to do so?

Like the example All Might gave when Deku first had to “officially” register his quirk, with the ”spraying water from the body” vs “turning moisture in the air to water” quirk.

It's described as an actual super-fast evolution IIRC but it's probably not something completely outrageous but rather something related to the original power.

Though Toga's quirk evolution was pretty ridiculous, but since she ingests DNA to turn into other people, it kinda makes sense that she may copy their quirks along with it.
Geten apparently had an awakening but we had no idea how his powers worked before we saw him as he is currently AFAIK.

We don't have much information about it, it's probably gonna happen to certain characters for convenience's sake.

It's described as an actual super-fast evolution IIRC but it's probably not something completely outrageous but rather something related to the original power.

Though Toga's quirk evolution was pretty ridiculous, but since she ingests DNA to turn into other people, it kinda makes sense that she may copy their quirks along with it.
Geten apparently had an awakening but we had no idea how his powers worked before we saw him as he is currently AFAIK.

We don't have much information about it, it's probably gonna happen to certain characters for convenience's sake.
Geten’s awakening was just gaining the power to manipulate the ice’s temperature

I think Geten could only manipulate ice before so he had to be walking with a bucket of ice or something to use his quirk before he got the ability to use ice to change the temperature of water around him and make more ice.

Also at the raid he seemed to make tons of ice out if nowhere so he can possibly turn any water into ice.

So far what can be called quirk awakenings have been for villains and both Toga's and Shigaraki's were pretty crazy. I'd also call what Koichi is undergoing in the manga a quirk awakening.

I wish we really had more info on this. But I'd say Quirk Awakening is awakening a quirk's latent potential while quirk evolution is the quirk just generally becoming stronger.

I think Geten could only manipulate ice before so he had to be walking with a bucket of ice or something to use his quirk before he got the ability to use ice to change the temperature of water around him and make more ice.

Also at the raid he seemed to make tons of ice out if nowhere so he can possibly turn any water into ice.

So far what can be called quirk awakenings have been for villains and both Toga's and Shigaraki's were pretty crazy. I'd also call what Koichi is undergoing in the manga a quirk awakening.

I wish we really had more info on this. But I'd say Quirk Awakening is awakening a quirk's latent potential while quirk evolution is the quirk just generally becoming stronger.
So Amajiki’s would be evolution?

So a friend of mines who is also caught up in the manga told me that Nagant would had fallen for Deku of he was around the same age as her because she said in the official translation “what a guy”

…….
Big yikes there. Someone's probably already crafting such an abomination on Ao3 or something.

Holy cowl those leaks.

Judging from the leaks and the summary, All Might didn't call anything. If Deku said something like that, it is most likely true, in the previous chapter he also compared himself with All Might from the past.

So, for my full thoughts on this chapter;

Pretty sure Deku is going to have a percent increase after all this fighting and pain. Something I’ve noticed with this chapter is that, for every single panel he is in, even when he’s just walking down the street, he has full cowl activated. He’s doing what he did in class: training even while doing mundane actions. Wouldn’t surprise me if he jumps to 55% or even higher after what is essentially an eternal grind against assassins and villains.

His stamina is also at Shigaraki vs Machia levels by this point easily. He’s not sleeping, eating minimally and is always moving to the next fight, for weeks on end in order for a rumor like THAT to start up. Truly, he is built different.

As for his mental state, he’s just ******. He hates AFO, he’s scared for everyone, he’s guilty of not saving people, he’s sad at their fates, he’s confused at everything and he doesn’t know where his end-goal even is. Going from someone that worshipped All Might, to being his student, to being like a son to him, and now turning his back on him, is some of the best character development you could ever have in any story period. His relationship with All Might, and hence his direct connection to the idea of being a Hero itself, are shattered, because he’s too deep into a fight that shouldn’t have been his to begin with.

I, for the first time, think we might go over to the students in a couple chapters while Deku solos villains, since now he’s a living legend/boogeyman across probably all of Japan. Shoto sent a message this chapter, so the students have gotten some mention for the first time in a while, which means they might hop back into the spotlight now. Just imagine Uraraka or Bakugo hearing this legend about the man with multiple quirks that looks too scary to be a hero.

First off though, Stain is going to be having a talk with someone. Whether it be All Might or Deku, he heard that entire conversation, and knows what they’re going through. As someone who weeds out false heroes, I wonder what he’ll think of Deku now?

Though things look bleak right now, I think he can come back from this. He needs support, help, and the perspective of people that truly know him (like Uraraka 👀) in order to rise from the depths of hell and back to the place of a hero. He needs to regain the light of hope and his smile. He’s simply carrying burdens, too many for him to possibly keep going, so when he shares the load, he’ll be the greatest Hero anyone could ask for. Someone who has seen every side of the spectrum, and lived in the pits of a broken society, but ultimately will drag himself out to change everything.

Overall: Deku is a top 2 character. I will only accept Shigaraki as even a contender for best character in the series. The development, changes, beginning, middle and approaching end of his character are better than anything I could’ve imagined. Put respect on his name.

I'm hoping to God Hori uses Yoroi Musha and Death Arms in the future (hopefully vs Stain) especially for Yoroi Musha. Can't believe this guy was a top 10 hero (most who we have seen apart from Kamui Woods are pretty formidable) and yet we never got to even see his quirk.

If he's even half as strong as Edgeshot or Crust or Mirko or Mt Lady or Ryukyu, then he should be pretty powerful. At least comparable to a High-end like most Top 10 seem to be.

I'm hoping to God Hori uses Yoroi Musha and Death Arms in the future (hopefully vs Stain) especially for Yoroi Musha. Can't believe this guy was a top 10 hero (most who we have seen apart from Kamui Woods are pretty formidable) and yet we never got to even see his quirk.

If he's even half as strong as Edgeshot or Crust or Mirko or Mt Lady or Ryukyu, then he should be pretty powerful. At least comparable to a High-end like most Top 10 seem to be.
Or he could actually suck and has held his position because of age and experience, not strength. Someone who gives up that easily, when they’re standing so high up on the ladder, is quite harming to their image for me.

Or he could actually suck and has held his position because of age and experience, not strength. Someone who gives up that easily, when they’re standing so high up on the ladder, is quite harming to their image for me.
None of the top 10 "suck" so far (maybe Kamui Woods but he probably only jobbed to Dabi cause Dabi has a type-advantage: Fire vs Wood) heck we have even seen heroes in the top 50 like Fatgum who are strong as hell.

Endeavor, Hawks, Best Jeanist, Edgeshot, Mirko, Crust and Ryukyu were all presented as basically High-end level in one or more stats: strength, defence or speed.

Mt. Lady can probably be added to that list. Gang Orca unfortunately has few feats but he wasn't in the top 10 anymore.

Wash is more of a rescue hero.

As for Yoroi Musha, he seems like a combat hero through and through.

So I highly doubt he is weak.

Yo I’ve been hearing that shit has gotten SUPER dark next chapter

I’ve getting scared and I’ve been having to avoid spoilers

Back