• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

I wonder what his last quirk will be. It still hasn’t been shown off. Either it’s a trump card or something very niche. If it’s a long range attack it would’ve been good to use against Nagant wouldn’t it?

Am I blind or did they actually make Shigaraki's hair white? I wasn't expecting that at all. Also yeah the very first thing they did was show Shigaraki destroying the city while laughing. Guess they're going to build up the mystery of what happened in Dekia city, as the Endeavor Agency Arc comes first.

Interesting direction to take, as long as MVA arc doesn't get rushed I don't really mind the change. But I'm just really confused by this direction, I haven't found any answers as to why it's like this. Also unless they speed through the Endeavor stuff, isn't the MVA arc going to have less time than the Joint Training Arc?

JTA got around 10 episodes, plus part of 12, the first episode was filler. Episode 13 is the Christmas party, and even if we say the Endeavor stuff is two episodes only. That means MVA starts at episode 15 at the best, which only gives it 10 episodes. And that's assuming they'll adapt chapter 243 to chapter 252, which is 9 chapters, in two episodes. Since we know we're getting Ending, as he showed up in the PV trailer for the second cour.

I'm a little concern by this pacing, I hope it'll be good and that the studio knows what they're doing, but this just doesn't give me a lot of confidence. Would love to be proven wrong though, maybe I'm just overthinking this.

Edit: Actually the MVA arc is only 22 chapters long, while the JTA arc was 23 chapters long. Maybe my worries are for nothing, I guess MVA felt like it took longer because of the breaks. I'm actually feeling alright about this decision, still confused, but it doesn't seem like there's anything to worry about as of now.

Last edited:
I assume it’s for themeing and/or the movie thats coming soon. Progressing from light to dark instead of a light arc, super dark, then a light arc again and then the darkest.

The direction this episode was good tho. Editing and pacing all was much better than some episodes before. Art looked more consistent two because no action.

Deku’s pupils keep changing from black to white every scene tho and it’s distracting me.

The build up of Deku using Blackwhip in front of everyone with the epic music and the “revving” of One For All’s epic sound effect was done perfectly.

A direction I always imagined the story would go was All Might dying and Izuku overworking himself to cope, becoming demonic in appearance and no longer looking like a hero. Surprised by how close I got

All Might isn’t even collecting Death Flags anymore.

He’s literally running into the Death Flag store and slamming all of them into a shopping cart like it’s a Black Friday sale.

I think All Might's death is def coming, but I don't think it'll be any time soon. What I think AFO is planning is to morally wear down Deku to the point where AFO sees enough cracks in his morale to deal the finishing blow to his heart.

That finishing blow is the death of All Might.

I assume Deku or Jeanist pulled a Kamino again and yanked everyone out range of the explosion before it went off or Deku has a shield quirk.

inb4 upgrade every hero there to massively hypersonic+ to relativitic for outpacing the explosion because they clearly didn’t get hit by it due to no damage. /s

Looks like the Anime is doing the Endeavor Agency Arc before My Villain Academia

That’s fine I guess, but now I have to wait longer for My Villain Academia

Why were people expecting him to have blue hair? Didn’t he always have blue hair that turned white due to the stress of that whole arc?

So, how DOES Faux 100% stack up to All Might?
Now that I think about it, we don't really know which version of All Might Endeavor was comparing Shiggy to. But then we have the Doc saying he's not quite on All Might's level.

Personally I would say that 100%/Faux100% at this point is at best on the same level as USJ All Might + USJ Nomu considering he was mushing up shiggy with his strikes. But I'm more comfortable saying he's a bit under that.

Endeavor only knows of Kamino All Might, Prime All Might's fight with AFO was a secret to the world. Unless he publicly fought someone that's capable of pushing him to his full power. There is no one besides Gran Torino, AFO, The Doctor, and maybe Izuku who should know how strong Prime All Might is.

Not even Endeavor noticed All Might was getting weaker during these years. We can only say Endeavor was talking about Kamino All Might, since that's the only All Might we can be certain he's seen fight all out. Shigaraki is comparable to Kamino All Might via his statements. Aizawa compares him to the USJ Nomu however, we don't get any specifics beyond him wondering if he's a perfect Nomu.

But Aizawa does agree with Endeavor that he's as strong as All Might, "But as long as I don't blink, that power is all he's got." While USJ All Might is stronger than his Kamino self, I don't not believe it's by a massive difference.

Endeavor only knows of Kamino All Might, Prime All Might's fight with AFO was a secret to the world. Unless he publicly fought someone that's capable of pushing him to his full power. There is no one besides Gran Torino, AFO, The Doctor, and maybe Izuku who should know how strong Prime All Might is.
This again? Aizawa knew perfectly well how powerful the USJ Nomu was just from getting stomped by him, and I find it hard to believe that Aizawa knows more about All Might than Endeavor himself, not to mention that All Might's 7-B level punch was seen by everyone in the country, and it was implied he has done this feat before. I'm not sure if they know about Prime All Might's power, but everybody knows how powerful is Wounded All Might at the very least, powerful enough to change the weather.

Deku also implied that All Might used more power against the USJ Nomu than he did in his "fight" with the Sludge Villain, but we have decided to ignore this statement for some reason.

When did I imply anything different, what's your problem here?

I never mentioned any tiers, just that no one should know how strong Prime All Might is, and that Kamino All Might and USJ All Might shouldn't be that far apart in strength.

I also believe that USJ All Might should scale to the storm feat via Izuku's statement, but no one seemed to agree with me when this was brought up quite some time ago. So I've just decided to not bring it up again.

When did I imply anything different, what's your problem here?
... You just said Endeavor only knows about the power of Kamino All Might, which is clearly not the case since his 7-B feat is basic knowledge in the world of Mha, I don't care if the difference between Kamino All Might and USJ All Might is big or small.

...And what does that mean?

I don't get what you're trying to say, do you understand what I meant? What stats are you trying to change or imply, can you be more specific?

Uh? I was just correcting something that was wrong, why do I need any other reason?

The main point here is that we don't know what All Might Endeavor was comparing Shigaraki to, though he was most likely comparing it to Wounded All Might in my opinion.

Speaking of lifting, shouldn’t Toga scale to base Deku’s LS for being able to restrain him in the License Exam. Then Ochako scales to her in Final Act.

Back