• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Mutant Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
The handbooks are recurrently very unreliable and an offhanded comparison that was not meant to be taken literally is not a good source either. Sorry.

The handbooks are recurrently very unreliable and an offhanded comparison that was not meant to be taken literally is not a good source either. Sorry.
How is the databook unreliable about the history of a character? I could see if there were some retcons like HoM Scarlet Witch powers were stated to be on a global level which would be about her powers if anything. But nothing contradicts Merlyn and Roma being interdimensional beings who are the physical gestalt of all their counterparts in existence.

In fact, Marvel confirmed that in the databook because of this scan
shown here again too
Confirmed again here by Uatu
All Merlyns from different universes in the links which Otherworld Merlyn is the physical gestalt of.

The comics and databook confirmed it. So I wouldn't just call something unreliable when you could have asked me if anything was supporting this. Databook support the comics 9/10 aren't just made without a story relating to comics. A

Also, how do you know the comment is offhanded and not meant to be taken literally? No offense but you're not the writer of that story and neither am I. So it's not right to say what and what not the author meant unless we ask him on Twitter or email.

The databook is definitely reliable. It says Roma doesn't know Merlyn's true self in the very same databook I posted above. In the first link above Merlyn started to show his other interdimensional counterparts when he used one of his forms to trick Captain Britain and when Roma explored his mind she claimed it wasn't Merlyn. Merlyn finally showed him and said it was. Confirming he is every Merlyn when confronting Roma.

As stated once again Merlyn's dimensional counterparts are fused into one.

Last edited:
Look, I am currently fine with 2-A statistics, but pandimensional is an extremely big claim, and we need similarly clear, reliable, and self-evident evidence from within the stories themselves to prove it, not Doctor Nemesis comparing the Adversary to Q, or a handbook-writing Marvel intern speculating about his, Merlyn's or Roma's natures. In addition, it seems like they simply mean "pandimensional" in the sense of gestalt entities, with only one of them across all the universes, not remotely as infinite-dimensional entities.

Look, I am currently fine with 2-A statistics, but pandimensional is an extremely big claim, and we need similarly clear, reliable, and self-evident evidence from within the stories themselves to prove it, not Doctor Nemesis comparing the Adversary to Q, or a handbook-writing Marvel intern speculating about his, Merlyn's or Roma's natures. In addition, it seems like they simply mean "pandimensional" in the sense of gestalt entities, with only one of them across all the universes, not remotely as infinite-dimensional entities.
Oh yes! this is what I meant about the bold part. I was trying to say only one of them exists across the existence since they are all their counterparts in one body. I wasn't trying to talk power-wise sorry for the confusion. This is where I was going with Adversary affecting Roma's realm law of order in the what-if series and again in the updated story stated to be a plane of existence which is a multiverse which his chaos was affecting.

But yes I'm fine with 2-A if anyone would like to make a page for Adversary or even Roma too.

Oh yes! this is what I meant about the bold part. I was trying to say only one of them exists across the existence since they are all their counterparts in one body. I wasn't trying to talk power-wise sorry for the confusion. This is where I was going with Adversary affecting Roma's realm law of order in the what-if series and again in the updated story stated to be a plane of existence which is a multiverse which his chaos was affecting.

But yes I'm fine with 2-A if anyone would like to make a page for Adversary or even Roma too.
Okay. We seem to have reached an agreement then.

However, we have a rule against featuring Marvel and DC Comics power-up keys for states that have appeared in less than 15 comic book issues, so I am not sure if goddess state Storm qualifies.

What do you think @The_Impress ?

...Can I just not be a part of this thread?

If it's not 15 issues or it's not an event-ender referenced in multiple continuities in a major way, it's not getting added to the files.

There, that's my input.

This argument would not be happening if your tiering system was more consistent tbh.
Marvel and DC Comics themselves are far more inconsistent than we are. At least we are making a massive effort.

This argument would not be happening if your tiering system was more consistent tbh.
Suggest a better one on another thread, if you have better ideas we'd love to hear it.

And if it's too tough to apply or a disagreement happens, you're completely free to join any other community, or even make one, that matches your ideals.

Either way, backseat driving must be fun, right?

Well, you wrote the new rule, so I wonder what you think.
I mean we wrote it down so it wasn't necessary to give group community input like this

So unless Freedomstar herself brings up a notability claim specific I don't see the need to ask for input currently :v

Okay. My apologies.

How many issues has goddess Storm appeared in?

Okay. My apologies.

How many issues has goddess Storm appeared in?
She appeared in several in BP.
She also appeared in X-men where she harmed Life seed Nate fused with Legion
She appeared in Shuri

She has tons where the comics acknowledge her goddess powers now.

But it's shown in Shuri her godhead is suppressed. I think the writers did this so Storm won't be become too powerful and still rely on her mutant powers. I think the goal was to make a balance. Shuri #9 Storm reaches a higher state of mind when her godhead is activated as her goddess title she is supposed to balance things. It stated her godhead can be suppressed and brought out and even made a space lubber who made and can survive black holes be powerless by simple activating her powers

Okay. How many issues has this power-up appeared in?

Okay. How many issues has this power-up appeared in?
Stated to be a goddess in BP 2018 issue #3

Stated she was a goddess in uncanny x-men 10 when she attacked Life Seed Nate Grey fused with full-powered Legion and it was also confirmed by the writer it was indeed her goddess powers on Twitter

Addressed by her goddess name Hadari Yao in BP 2018 issue #13. As shown in the same issue Storm doesn't really like being acknowledged as a god. It was also stated her job as a goddess is to keep balance (Hadari Yao is the goddess who preserves the balance of all things nature) as stated in the panel when she reversed Adversary magical living storm over Wakanda in BP 2017 issue #17

Addressed as her goddess name again at the bottom tells what her name means in BP 2018 #17 also stated in the same issue Storm was a "Divine Intervention" that handled the Askari attack.

Stated in BP 2018 issue #19 while fighting the maroons "She is truly a goddess"

In BP 2018 issue #20 it stated "Hadari Yao has become the key to the rebel resistance" and the scan also goes on to say "Even the gods have limits" and "No soldier, no matter how divine can repeatedly stand the might of the give galaxies" The scan also stated she superior to Manifold, who powers allows him to fold a universe to get to Point A to Point B. He can directly talk to the universe and ask for anything he wants.

BP 2018 #21 Stated to be a goddess once again and asked what is she offering in an attack

BP 2018 #23 Storm stated when she became a goddess she joined and replaced the Orisha (who are the gods of Wakanda)

In Shuri #2 Storm reminds Shuri that she is a new goddess while powering up a tree to send Shuri astral projection light years into deep space

In Shuri #8 Shuri promised protection from her and the "goddess" Storm

Shuri #9 Storm reaches a higher state of mind when her godhead is activated as her goddess title she is supposed to balance things. It stated her godhead can be suppressed and brought out and even made a space lubber who made and can survive black holes being powerless by simple attacks

S.W.O.R.D #6 Storm is now the ruler of the solar system and even acknowledge her goddess position, Hadari Yao

King in Black #1 Professor X calls her the goddess of the but Storm cuts him off. We know Storm is the goddess of preserves the balance of all things natural

In Fearless #4 her Hadari Yao was being recognized too. Sue Storm tells Carol not to argue with a literal goddess

The official marvel data books confirm even that Storm is now a Wakadan goddess

Marvel themselves confirms that Storm is Hadari Yao when she gained regent of the solar system. In this storyline is speculated her Hadari Yao may fight Dormammu pretty soon so we may be in for more feats.

Well, let's wait until the Marvel Comics writers take the opportunity to depower and humiliate Dormammu again by having her defeat him then. That should probably qualify for 15 appearances.

.>:/

But yeah, unless you want to argue a notability factor, I doubt we're allowing for it

So 14 issues, likely far less considering mentions don't count.

15 issues is the baseline.

Key doesn't meet appearance criteria.

Good day.
The tone of the post is very passive-aggressive just like all your other post towards me. But it’s okay I have already file a complaint about this thread to XenForo which includes links to screenshots of you calling me a bish, cursing at me, saying racist stuff about black people not have culture, and having passive aggressive post.

I don't remember much of the deleted argument earlier.

Anyway, being on a destructive rampage to harm this community as a whole helps nobody, including yourself.

Also, we will eventually create a key for goddess Storm. She just needs a single more appearance, and that seems very likely given the current Annihilation event.

Last edited:
The tone of the post is very passive-aggressive just like all your other post towards me. But it’s okay I have already file a complaint about this thread to XenForo which includes links to screenshots of you calling me a bish, cursing at me, saying racist stuff about black people not have culture, and having passive aggressive post.
I don't think that will do anything. If you want to report a staff member, you should file a complaint to one of the HR members.

Speaking about that particular post, it's hardly report-worthy.

File one to CIA real quick as well. Get all your bases covered.
Oh don’t worry the base are filled with screenshots with your racism, profanity, and rude ass tone. I keep receipts since y’all deleted your vile comments.
1. Saying a race doesn’t have a culture I’m sure fandom would to see that.
2. Calling someone out their names multiple times. I asked you to stop and you continued.
3. Multiple passive aggressive post filled with horrible language towards me. You even came at someone recently giving me a suggestion about how to properly set up format.

So while @Antvasima keep covering for you like you did nothing wrong I’m just going to report it to people above him. I hope you keep your position soon ❤️❤️❤️.

Thanks have blessed day. Imagine being racist, pressed, and etc over fiction what a pathetic reason. 😭😭😭😭

Please do not start to argue again. I definitely don't want XenForo to shut down this forum.

I don't think that will do anything. If you want to report a staff member, you should file a complaint to one of the HR members.

Speaking about that particular post, it's hardly report-worthy.
No I’m good I’m to people bigger than y’all.

Because you calling someone a bitch when I said not to multiple isn’t report worthy?

Saying my people don’t have culture because of the white man isn’t report worthy?

Coming at me with passive aggressive post isn’t report worthy also?

Like I said y’all deleted post but I kept receipts and will be filing reports to the big dogs. Thanks and I’ll be sharing a screenshot of this post too toleranting racism and calling people out their names saying it’s not report worthy.

Can we just ban this user already? This is blatantly wiki-disruptive behavior, and she wasted our time, great.

Send screenshots to everyone, no one said shit you're holding us accountable for. Let alone ban users over it.

I just want to try to calm things down, and for people to get along, and focus on collaborating to help improve our profile pages. That is all.

From what I recall, both of you behaved badly earlier, and I tried to calm down the cross-cultural hostility, but you continued anyway.

I am an autistic and formerly severely mentally ill social idiot. I am not mentally suited to handle this kind of drama and hostility.

And for the record I'm closing this thread, this is laughably poor behavior, I am getting reported in all honesty, because I rejected someone's revision.

Shit Freedomstar is holding me accountable for, is weeks back, they decided to report me the exact moment I rejected their proposal. I can tell what this is.

@Freedomstar
I was talking about this particular post you quoted:
So 14 issues, likely far less considering mentions don't count.
15 issues is the baseline.
Key doesn't meet appearance criteria.
Good day.

Again, if you want to make a report, kindly do it to the HR group members. And I'd like everyone to stop continuing this discussion or I'll be handing out thread bans.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back