• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Mushoku Tensei Discussion Thread

It mentions that it can be used in both ways, both to enhance an attack and to minimize mana expenditure. The issue is that we cannot assume that he always does the second and never the first. It is safer to assume the lower value.
Well it doesn't matter. Divided by two or not it won't change much.

I maintain that there's no way to confirm this was actually Advanced-level magic considering Rudeus' silentcasting.

Can someone explain how Eris managed to slice off Orsted's hand, yet the second time she used a FLAWLESS sword of light, Orsted simply grabbed it with his bare hands without a scratch? Some people reason that Orsted holds back, implying he can manipulate his battle aura(I mean u can manipulate battle aura when u reach advance iirc). However, Eris's sword is supposed to nullify battle aura right? I remember that Orsted uses saint battle aura, but I forgot how this works and the difference of it from battle aura or in which volume this technique was explained. Can someone clarify Eris's feat? I’ve seen people downplay Orsted because of this

Can someone explain how Eris managed to slice off Orsted's hand, yet the second time she used a FLAWLESS sword of light, Orsted simply grabbed it with his bare hands without a scratch? Some people reason that Orsted holds back, implying he can manipulate his battle aura(I mean u can manipulate battle aura when u reach advance iirc). However, Eris's sword is supposed to nullify battle aura right? I remember that Orsted uses saint battle aura, but I forgot how this works and the difference of it from battle aura or in which volume this technique was explained. Can someone clarify Eris's feat? I’ve seen people downplay Orsted because of this
The Phoenix Dragon Sword can neutralize Battle Aura, but Orsted's is only weakened.

The second time, he grabbed it between his palms, without touching the cutting edge.

Here are some feats and info from the first half of volume 15 of Mushoku Tensei:

Chapter 5:

.- Eris are able to elegantly cut the edge of a card in the air
.- Eris and Nina don't know how to read

Chapter 6:

.- Perugius considers that there are three people he should never face: God of Technique, God Dragon and God of Fighting.
.- Eris is more powerful than Rudeus from the future with his armor at the beginning
.- Magic armor has self-recovery

Chapter 7:

.- The armor cannon fires 10 stone cannon per second
.- The armor carries an anti-magic hydra stone on one arm
.- On the other arm, the armor carries a shield along with Paul's short sword
.- Rudeus' armor reaches 200 km/h
.- Zanoba cannot compete against the strength of Rudeus' armor and breaks his hands when hitting it

Chapter 8:

.- Orsted tanks a Rudeus beam at full
.- Rudeus with his Nova gelida spell can completely stop the molecules in the village
.- Rudeus capable of creating a giant ice rock
.- The rock hit the ground in a fraction of a second
.- Two thirds of the rock had been embedded in the earth
.- Orsted breaks the rock
.- Orsted survives Rudeus explosion
.- Rudeus' armor weighs several tons
.- The explosion is the most powerful spell Rudeus has ever done
.- Rudeus with all his spells can slightly hurt Orsted
.- Orsted able to dodge stone cannon shots
.- Rudeus can counteract magical distortion
.- Orsted can counteract magical distortion
.- Rudeus's armor barely able to withstand a blow from Orsted
.- The armor has self-repair and circiles that can heal user even capable of recovering damage from internal organs
.- The physical shock of the armor and Orsted sends Orsted flying
.- Orsted when he draws his sword he blitzes Rudeus
.- Orsted with his sword easily cuts the armor

Here are some feats and info from the second half of volume 15 of Mushoku Tensei:

Chapter 9:

.- Eris's sword is a magical sword that neutralizes the opponent's battle aura, while Orsted's aura only weakens him.
.- Orsted masters the water style god level
.- At the same level, the water style has an advantage over the sword style
.- Orsted can use the light sword with his hand without needing a sword
.- Eris cuts off Orsted's hand
.- Orsted able to reattach amputated limbs
.- Orsted can recover from all of his injuries without problems
.- Eris can only cut Orsted through his sword and using the sword of light, otherwise, he won't even make a scratch.: Okay. Super inconsistent with all. This here is inconsistent with Rudeus wounding Orsted in volume 6 and with the king level lightning attack.

.- Orsted stops Eris's fastest light sword with his hands

Okay. Super inconsistent with all. This here is inconsistent with Rudeus wounding Orsted in volume 6 and with the king level lightning attack.
Well Orsted's aura is first nullified by Eris's sword and moreover with the context he just seemed to be testing her so I don't really see it as a feat as such.

Well Orsted's aura is first nullified by Eris's sword and moreover with the context he just seemed to be testing her so I don't really see it as a feat as such.
I meant, the inconsistent is that Eris being as strong as she is in this point (king in title but Emperor level) is unable to hurt orsted even with her sword.

.- Eris can only cut Orsted through his sword and using the sword of light, otherwise, he won't even make a scratch.: Okay. Super inconsistent with all. This here is inconsistent with Rudeus wounding Orsted in volume 6 and with the king level lightning attack.
Why? in volume 6, Orsted didn't expect that kind of power and didn't put everything into defense, Rudeus is also able to increase the power of spells, not to mention that electricity in the MT world seems to be able to bypass touki, and we didn't even see exactly how much damage lightning did

Why? in volume 6, Orsted didn't expect that kind of power and didn't put everything into defense, Rudeus is also able to increase the power of spells, not to mention that electricity in the MT world seems to be able to bypass touki, and we didn't even see exactly how much damage lightning did
What he means is that Volume 6 Rudeus should be King level and managed to scratch Orsted and without Aqua Heartia while Eris without Sword of Light who is Emperor level cannot do it.

I meant, the inconsistent is that Eris being as strong as she is in this point (king in title but Emperor level) is unable to hurt orsted even with her sword.
This is also why in a discussion with Zab in this thread I said that Orsted's aura should not have been active in Volume 6 when Rudeus managed to scratch him.

What he means is that Volume 6 Rudeus should be King level and managed to scratch Orsted and without Aqua Heartia while Eris without Sword of Light who is Emperor level cannot do it.
I still don't see any problems. Rudeus was dying and put everything he had into killing Orsted, who clearly could not expect such power and did not put effort into defense, unlike the fight with Eris. and why is Rudeus in vol 6 only king level? he should clearly already be at the imperial level, given the amount of mana and the ability to change the power of spells. Aqua Heartia actually only helps save mana, and Rudeus can boost a spell without it

I still don't see any problems. Rudeus was dying and put everything he had into killing Orsted, who clearly could not expect such power and did not put effort into defense, unlike the fight with Eris. and why is Rudeus in vol 6 only king level? he should clearly already be at the imperial level, given the amount of mana and the ability to change the power of spells. Aqua Heartia actually only helps save mana, and Rudeus can boost a spell without it
The amount of mana does not affect the output. Rudeus is just King at this point. In addition, Aqua Heartia is an amp for his magic but more often he prefers to conserve as much mana as possible (the stone cannon he sent to Badigadi was fully charged and Rudeus explained the conditions somewhat against Orsted).

The amount of mana does not affect the output. Rudeus is just King at this point. In addition, Aqua Heartia is an amp for his magic but more often he prefers to conserve as much mana as possible (the stone cannon he sent to Badigadi was fully charged and Rudeus explained the conditions somewhat against Orsted).
Did I miss somewhere where it says that Rudeus needs to use a staff? The staff can be used to either gain the same level of power for less mana, or to gain a more powerful spell for the same mana cost. Accordingly, the only thing Rudeus needs to achieve the same level of power as with the staff is to use more mana. as in the case of water magic, to get the same level for the same spell, Rudeus will need to use 5 times more mana and probably more time

Did I miss somewhere where it says that Rudeus needs to use a staff? The staff can be used to either gain the same level of power for less mana, or to gain a more powerful spell for the same mana cost. Accordingly, the only thing Rudeus needs to achieve the same level of power as with the staff is to use more mana. as in the case of water magic, to get the same level for the same spell, Rudeus will need to use 5 times more mana and probably more time
The point is that if silent spell-casting has a limit on its amp then Aqua Heartia will add on its own amp.

Back