• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Mushoku Tensei Discussion Thread

Infancy: Volume 1-2
Juvenile: Volume 3-6
Youth: Volume 7-12
Young Man = Volume 13+
Magic Armor
I'd agree with this, but I'd personally just combine Volumes 1&2 into the Juvenile period, they're only 2 books.

Since it seems that the author has strongly implied that since volume 15 that Eris could not harm Orsted while Rudeus could and the snail shells.
It seems Eris and Ghislaine are pretty much equals (as of LN Volume 18), it's also stated that Ghislaine and Badigadi are equals.
Q: I thought Eris had Emperor-class power, but looking at her battle with the Northern Emperor, is the Sword God's assessment wrong and in fact she is still at the Sword King level of strength, as her current title suggests?

A: Currently Eris is about on par with Ghislaine, but there isn't that much difference between her and the two Sword Emperors or the Northern Emperor, Auber.

Auber, who overwhelmed her two-on-one, is, as he said, good at many-on-one battles, good at dealing with reckless opponents like Eris and Ghislaine, and thanks to teaching Eris the sword he has seen through her habits.

Battles aren't decided by numbers, so...
Q: When I hear the word Demon King it sounds like something from a fantasy, but is he actually on the same rank as Ghislaine?

A: In terms of overall fighting power though, they are roughly on the same rank.

I'd agree with this, but I'd personally just combine Volumes 1&2 into the Juvenile period, they're only 2 books.
I don't think it's a bad idea to combine them if in the end aqua hartia is taken into account anyway. The real big difference was that one was close to intermediate level as a swordsman and by volume 6 he already is.
It seems Eris and Ghislaine are pretty much equals (as of LN Volume 18), it's also stated that Ghislaine and Badigadi are equals.
Of ghislaine and Badigadi being comparable, yes. It was clear from the beginning that both of them are the basis for the King level. However, what about Eris creates contradictions for me or what Rifujin himself mentions, there is not really much difference between the emperor and king level.

Not really. The real big difference is whether or not Rudeus is intermediate as a swordsman and whether he harm Orsted, which at this point is more of an inconsistency.
How powerful was the stone cannon that injured Orsted? It wasn't King-tier and Rudeus became Emperor afterwards?

Back