• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Mushoku Tensei Discussion Thread

I mean this storm

csXGuz.jpg

8XYvb1.jpg
Ah that Could be weather manipulation

Hello again, here are some feats and info from the second part of volume 7 of Mushoku Tensei:

Extra Chapter:

.- Fitts attacks Linia and Pursena before they know what was happening
.- Fitts defeats Linia and Pursena's 20 henchmen in seconds
.- Fitts able to react to Linia's attacks

Now the feats of this volume from the anime and manga:

.- Battle against the bears in the anime:

The volumen 7 has is adaptation in manga in a spin off, the regular manga cut it:

.- Exodus Flame in the manga (Chapter 4):

2d4d83b7ded952142bb08e45997bde40.jpg

337c844ec2ad42fba479275d4d1250e8.jpg

65a663fb153478c91a60aeef2460249c.jpg

.- The ice Treant defense against the stonne cannon (Chapter 11)

a62abb63585f50fa629feb72d1043b33.jpg

bff40a165f8aeba89fe6fb10ca7d7665.jpg

I am going to update the previous scale with the data from volume 7:

Orsted = Dragon God > Technique God > Fighting God > Rudeus Aqua Hartia Water (x5) > Rudeus Aqua Hartia Earth & Wind (x3) > Rudeus Aqua Hartia Fire (x2) > Rudeus Magic = Laplace = Demon God > Death God > Sword God > Kalman II = North God > God > Imperial > Ruijerd > Almanfi = Ghislaine = Roxy Staff Water King (x2) = King > Roxy King > Roxy Staff Fire King (x0,5) > Jinas Halfas Magic > Roxy Staff Water (x2) = Gallus Cleaner = Klein Dinoltas = Saint >= Eris LN6 > Roxy Magic > Roxy Staff Fire (x0,5) > Class A Monster > Cliff Magic > Paul > 7º Year Student Magic > Gyes >= Eris = Silphiette Magic = Strong Bandit = Leno Magic = 5º Year Student Magic = Advanced > Class B Monster > Class C Monster > Class D Monster > Luke > 3º Year Student Magic > Pope´s Assassin > Timothy Magic = Roxy Child Magic = Ginger = Therese = Rudeus LN6 = Regular Swordsman = Intermediate >= Rudeus > Eris Magic > Ghislaine Magic = Patrice Magic = Beginner > Nokopara > Geese = Mimir = Timothy> Zenith = Lilia = Jinas Halfas > Pax > Roxy > Class E Monster > Cliff > Kishirika > Ashia = Norn > Silphiette > Roxy Child

The changes:

.- Change the scale of Rudeus like i speak to @Digital_Franz now the premise to scale him is Rudeus Magic = Laplace
.- Incorpore Rudeus LN6 as a Intermediate level Swordman
.- Incorpore Eris LN6 as close to Saint
.- Incorpore Patrice Magic as a Beginner
.- Incorpore Timothy Magic as a Intermediate and Timothy based in his physical
.- Incorpore Mimir based in his physical

Doubts:

.- I don't know where the following characters will be: Soldat, Sara, Suzanne, Patrice, Linia, Pursena and Fitts

Previous Doubts:

.- I believe Eris in the 6 volume will need a upgrade in the scaling but i don´t know if put her in saint yet or the strongest advanced.

.- I don't know where the following characters will be: Bloody Kant, Blaze, Dale, Leno and Gadalf Rangid, Elanaise, Talhand, Zanoba, Shierria, Vierra and Class S- Monster.

Any suggestions to change or disagrees/agrees? am i missing some character?

Here are some feats and info from the first part of volume 8 of Mushoku Tensei:

Prologue:

.- Soldat as a swordsman is an advanced level in sword and intermediate in water
.- To defeat a red Wyrm, a minimum of 25 adventurers of rank A or higher are required.
.- Rudeus defeats the Red Wyrm alone without too much complication

Here are some feats and info from the second part of volume 8 of Mushoku Tensei:

Chapter 1:

.- Rudeus' magic since he separated from Eris has improved a little
.- Rudeus as a swordsman has not improved much since he separated from Eris although he has become physically stronger
.- Rudeus at the university will improve a lot in his skills compared to his stage as an adventurer

Chapter 2:

.- Saint level healing circles heal wounds in moments
.- Rudeus controls the magical distortion

Chapter 3:

.- Zanoba takes no damage from Rudeus' casual Stone Cannon that was capable of knocking out a normal human.
.- Linia and Pursena are 5th year students: With this they can now scale their level of magic
.- Cliff is advanced in all magic except barriers, which is a beginner.
.- Rudeus intermediate level in sword god but no longer remembers anything about the water style

Change the scale of Rudeus like i speak to Digital_Franz now the premise to scale him is Rudeus Magic = Laplace
I don't believe there's anything that puts Rudeus' AP on par with Laplace's, is there? They just have similar quantities of mana.

“I don’t recommend trying. If you tried to use your mana the way he did, you’d blow your own body apart in an instant. It’s bizarre for a human to have that much mana inside them in the first place, you know!”

Channeling too much mana at once could apparently destroy a magician from the inside out. On an intuitive level, that did make sense to me. Infusing yourself with magic felt a little bit like stretching your arm out as far as it could possibly go. If you kept pushing things beyond that limit, you’d probably end up with the equivalent of a broken bone or two.

Laplace, on the other hand, had possessed not only a giant supply of mana, but also the sturdy body and technical skill necessary to use it fully. I was a fragile, clumsy little thing by comparison. No matter how hard I trained, I was never going to reach his level.

I don't believe there's anything that puts Rudeus' AP on par with Laplace's, is there? They just have similar quantities of mana.
Please read the conversation I had with him previously. I really don't care which premise is taken since both have inconsistencies, but what we cannot do is use one way of scaling it or another depending on what suits us in each momment.

Here are some feats and info from the third part of volume 8 of Mushoku Tensei:

Chapter 7:

.- Pursena and Lidia had defeated Zanoba and Cliff
.- Zanoba says that his body is weaker to magic: Curious, he has more durability against the physical than the magical
.- Linia and Pursena very equal to each other
.- Rudeus thinks that with his demonic eye and magic he would actually beat Eris
.- In the fight against Rudeus, Linia moved so fast that a resounding explosion sounded: Sonic speed?
.- Rudeus could have reacted to Linia without the need for a magic eye
.- Eris Greyrat superior to Linia
.- Rudeus defeats Linia very easily
.- Zanoba is very slow

Epilogue:

.- The Ogre god defeated Badigadi multiple times
.- Badigadi crosses countries quickly

Obviously Rudeus cannot use the same spells as Laplace but that does not mean that he is inferior in power to Laplace.
I have no idea why one would think Rudeus = Laplace.
“I don’t recommend trying. If you tried to use your mana the way he did, you’d blow your own body apart in an instant. It’s bizarre for a human to have that much mana inside them in the first place, you know!”

Channeling too much mana at once could apparently destroy a magician from the inside out. On an intuitive level, that did make sense to me. Infusing yourself with magic felt a little bit like stretching your arm out as far as it could possibly go. If you kept pushing things beyond that limit, you’d probably end up with the equivalent of a broken bone or two.

Laplace, on the other hand, had possessed not only a giant supply of mana, but also the sturdy body and technical skill necessary to use it fully. I was a fragile, clumsy little thing by comparison. No matter how hard I trained, I was never going to reach his level.

It's not a matter of spells either, a silent-casting Mage can pump any spell to any level they're capable of, such as Rudeus' Stone Cannon, which is an Intermidiate spell, is King-tier.

It's not a matter of spells either, a silent-casting Mage can pump any spell to any level they're capable of, such as Rudeus' Stone Cannon, which is an Intermidiate spell, is King-tier.
Is imperial but ok xd I understand why Rudeus = Laplace, there are a lot of comparations and Orsted make one directly with one attack. But as i said, there are also many antifeats and contradictions.

Is imperial but ok xd I understand why Rudeus = Laplace, there are a lot of comparations and Orsted make one directly with one attack.
They are only comparable in amount of mana, not magical power. It's unlikely that Orsted would have merely had a slightly grazed palm if Rudeus had output on par with Laplace, who is a difficult opponent for Orsted unless he uses mana.

Couldn't more people and moderators participate to correctly establish this scale?
I am ngl i kinda dont know what the point of setting up a powerscaling chain even is, its not like their abilities scale to each other in anyway

At best we can go through multiple haxes and compare their potency but aside from Laplace, Rudeus and Roxy there really isnt any relevant character who has anything going for them in terms of magic (Fitts is fine in terms of it but nothing too crazy)
Anyways, we should first finish the profiles and have a CRT for them to be uploaded so we can then make CRTs updating it with more abilities as time goes on so lets focus on that
Speed should be a whole separate CRT since it seems to be controversial over here, however Orsted can be SoL without any counter arguements and Rudeus is anywhere from superhuman, supersonic to MH+ with lightning, and possibly relativistic with his armor and shit
Peak AP is inarguably atleast high 6A for the god tiers (anything higher is again gonna need a separate CRT)
Make the profile based on everything that isnt debatable so we can churn it out faster

Last edited:
I am ngl i kinda dont know what the point of setting up a powerscaling chain even is, its not like their abilities scale to each other in anyway
This should be the case otherwise very few characters will have levels due to lack of feats.
At best we can go through multiple haxes and compare their potency but aside from Laplace, Rudeus and Roxy there really isnt any relevant character who has anything going for them in terms of magic (Fitts is fine in terms of it but nothing too crazy)
Yeah. So we will have to make comparisons for others who do not use magic.
Anyways, we should first finish the profiles and have a CRT for them to be uploaded so we can then make CRTs updating it with more abilities as time goes on
I'm not up for the idea. I would prefer to finish the profiles and upload them. Just getting the calculations to be evaluated is quite a problem. CRTs again to have views is another story. I would prefer to do a CRT for cosmology which will only affect God tier.
so lets focus on that
Speed should be a whole separate CRT since it seems to be controversial over here, however Orsted can be SoL without any counter arguements
Maybe.
and Rudeus is anywhere from superhuman, supersonic to MH+ with lightning, and possibly relativistic with his armor and shit
Yes.
Peak AP is inarguably atleast high 6A for the god tiers (anything higher is again gonna need a separate CRT)
Make the profile based on everything that isnt debatable so we can churn it out faster
Fair.

Well if you say so. The fact is that I especially wanted to know if Rudeus at this level is not baseline High 6-A.

Shiraito calculated this feat I believe it's 7-C but it hasn't been evaluated yet.
Consistency with Orsted's problem.
Mainly it is to see how to focus Rudeus' power on the scale and thereby solve the problem with Orsted's durability. The fact of taking Rudeus = Laplace or not can cause inconsistencies in one sense or another. Characters like the North God scale above Rudeus because he is god level and Rudeus is only imperial or not? Things like this. Not to mention Roxy being king level and Rudeus only Saint in principle when he damages Orsted

Then there is the issue of feats like this if it is approved. It is an advanced 7C spell made by Rudeus. Do all the advanced ones receive scale or not for being Rudeus?

He should have type 4. Those with powerful destiny have Limited Acausality and Rudeus and Nanahoshi have Limited Acausality Negation.
Rather than Acausality hax, it'd probably just be limited Fate Manip for individuals with strong fate. Orsted is the only one with Acausality Type 4 after all.

Orsted's Acausality would provide an unconventional resistance to: Fate Manipulation, Causality Manipulation, Cosmic Awareness, and Divination.

Rather than Acausality hax, it'd probably just be limited Fate Manip for individuals with strong fate. Orsted is the only one with Acausality Type 4 after all.
I say Limited Acausality because the system of cause and effect seems to protect them.
Orsted's Acausality would provide an unconventional resistance to: Fate Manipulation, Causality Manipulation, Cosmic Awareness, and Divination.
Things like that.

Rudeus as an Otherworlder should have resistance to Soul Manipulation, Fate Manipulation (I believe those with strong Fate have it), Mind Manipulation, Cosmic Awareness?

I see no reason for resistance to Soul Manip, Mind Manip, or Cosmic Awareness. The Fate Manip would be limited since it's A) Not absolute and B) Cannot be controlled.

Cosmic Awareness can be limited because Hitogami wasn't able to see him until he found him during the mana calamity. For Mind Manipulation, Hitogami's powers don't work on him. Soul Manipulation is pretty much always the same thing. Hitogami himself could not interact with his soul, which is why he saw Rudeus' old appearance.

Cosmic Awareness doesn't mean Hitogami can see everything at once, he can still see anyone he wants to see. Hitogami doesn't have mind control or mental attacks, so there's no Mind Manip to resist. There's no Soul Manip happening either, Rudeus looked like his old self because that's still how he saw himself.

Back