• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Multi-Tier Tournament

I'm just not really sure what the point of this thing is. If we have tier 0s, then... Doesn't the strongest one just auto-win?

Or

gonna use Flame Snake since it has distinct keys

I'm just not really sure what the point of this thing is. If we have tier 0s, then... Doesn't the strongest one just auto-win?
not really (but also kinda because of Judy). The idea behind this tourney is that you want your character to lose the match with weaker tiers and win the match with stronger tiers. For instance there's a character in the tourney who varies from 1-A to 0, but because of the nature of the tournament, that character is exclusively looking to win coin flips since there's pretty much no chance that they'll actually win a match

not really (but also kinda because of Judy). The idea behind this tourney is that you want your character to lose the match with weaker tiers and win the match with stronger tiers. For instance there's a character in the tourney who varies from 1-A to 0, but because of the nature of the tournament, that character is exclusively looking to win coin flips since there's pretty much no chance that they'll actually win a match

ok but Judy will always win with the higher tier so what's the point?

I'm gonna hold off on adding 682 just because I'm not sure if you're fully clear on the rules of the tournament

I'm gonna hold off on adding 682 just because I'm not sure if you're fully clear on the rules of the tournament
I added 682 because I'd assume he'd incon most people in the "Weaker tier fight" and win against most in the "Higher Tier Fight" and thus he would have a good chance at winning.

Am I wrong?

ok but Judy will always win with the higher tier so what's the point?
I am fully willing to add restrictions if people think its a good idea. It's now 2 to 1 on adding them, so I am considering it rn. What I don't get is just at that point doesn't the character that can get as close to the cap as possible auto-win?

I added 682 because I'd assume he'd incon most people in the "Weaker tier fight" and win against most in the "Higher Tier Fight" and thus he would have a good chance at winning.

Am I wrong?
yes.
yeah it looks like you do generally understand the rules, I just wasn't fully sure because of the phrasing of your initial question, sorry. Adding 682

I am fully willing to add restrictions if people think its a good idea. It's now 2 to 1 on adding them, so I am considering it rn. What I don't get is just at that point doesn't the character that can get as close to the cap as possible auto-win?
If you do decide to limit the tier, use this character
If you decide to put a hax limit, use her
If you use both, then use her

I am prepared for everything

What? Why? Her strongest machine is the High 6-A one and she's mostly haxless
if she can just use a High 6-A machine that's one thing, but the profile says "High 6-A with prep time" for which no character is getting prep time

Make it be case by case and based on the character submitted, make a limit on the strength of the character

if she can just use a High 6-A machine that's one thing, but the profile says "High 6-A with prep time" for which no character is getting prep time
I mean theoretically, you can give both characters in the match prep time, it's just that they can't utilize it as efficiently as the one with preparation can

I mean I guess I could, but I feel like that would be messing with the setup of the match too much, I'll just use one of the other 2 characters you put in

Limited selection of Tier 10 normies who become Tier 0 🙃

Downstreamers technically do not count so I need to use him
I'm gonna be restricting 1-A and above, so you're gonna have to pick other characters. Also lmk if I should just fully restrict tier 1 and if any hax should be restricted. I may end up restricting hax on a case-by-case basis depending on how op it is, but I really want to go light on restrictions in this tourney because part of it is trying to pick a character that's both extremely weak sometimes and extremely strong at other times so there's always gonna be a balancing act between picking op characters while making them weak enough to lose or incon round 1

I'm gonna be restricting 1-A and above, so you're gonna have to pick other characters. Also lmk if I should just fully restrict tier 1 and if any hax should be restricted. I may end up restricting hax on a case-by-case basis depending on how op it is, but I really want to go light on restrictions in this tourney because part of it is trying to pick a character that's both extremely weak sometimes and extremely strong at other times so there's always gonna be a balancing act between picking op characters while making them weak enough to lose or incon round 1
Restrict Tier 1 at the very least

It's reality warping it isn't clear how effective it would be at defending him.

Last edited:
Does having only one key where one form is weak but in an alternate form of the same key is much stronger?

IE. Many Dragon Ball characters with Super Saiyan forms in the same key as their base

Last edited:
I support banning Tier 0 and Tier 1. Will give room to much more variety and make non-smurf hax viable for the higher tiers.

I'll go back to the choice I was going for before I went for the obvious min-max:

Does having only one key where one form is weak but in an alternate form of the same key is much stronger?

IE. Many Dragon Ball characters with Super Saiyan forms in the same key as their base
I would prefer separated tiers where the character has access to everything in that tier IC. However if there is a clear line that can be drawn such as in the case of super saiyans, I'd allow it by exception

I would prefer separated tiers where the character has access to everything in that tier IC. However if there is a clear line that can be drawn such as in the case of super saiyans, I'd allow it by exception
Alright. I wasn’t having intentions to nominate those, but I was just curious anyways.

Reimu Hakurei

Back