• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

MUI goku upgrade (manga)

You again nitpicking some certain words while ignore the whole context and feat again just to fit your own personal belief. You still failed to prove that both Goku and Moro attack power, striking streng and speed goes higher over time, and for the record, Ultra Instinct of Angel is not a form, just a technique, only for Goku he have his own exclusive transformation allow him to get a boost in power while make him use the UI technique
I’m not. I presented the entire context, and nearly half of the chapter in this thread, what? All I was trying to prove was that ultra instinct makes your body stronger and durable as needed by the user. And I did show evidence for that. And I said nothing about speed, I have no idea if ultra instinct does that for speed as well.
And I never said an angels ultra instinct was a form, it’s not relevant.

Anyways, I’ll try to get more staff input ig.

I’m not. I presented the entire context, and nearly half of the chapter in this thread, what? All I was trying to prove was that ultra instinct makes your body stronger and durable as needed by the user. And I did show evidence for that. And I said nothing about speed, I have no idea if ultra instinct does that for speed as well.
And I never said an angels ultra instinct was a form, it’s not relevant.

Anyways, I’ll try to get more staff input ig.
No, that just greater Instinctive Reaction, was already on Goku profile

No, that just greater Instinctive Reaction, was already on Goku profile
That’s begging the question. You said this statement means X, when I said otherwise and gave more evidence for my interpretation being the case, and you looped back to saying all this is wrong because X is true. Like what?
If that’s the entirety of the opposition to reactive power level, then I don’t see why it shouldn’t be passed.
Enhanced resistance ig?
Yeah I already changed the OP, the already given resistance for information analysis is fine. I’m just waiting on the res to pp and greater rpl.

That’s begging the question. You said this statement means X, when I said otherwise and gave more evidence for my interpretation being the case, and you looped back to saying all this is wrong because X is true. Like what?
If that’s the entirety of the opposition to reactive power level, then I don’t see why it shouldn’t be passed.
You still nitpicking on Moro part who just get bulkier because his body can't handle Merus power for long. You still failed to prove that their Ki increases over the time, you focus on some certain word while ignore the entire context. And lastly why Goku can't get stronger over time when fought Granolah when he used UI all the time, don't tell me it just magically disappear after 1 battle

I should probably comment on this.
That is not reactive power level. Their bodies are not getting any stronger than they were before, their body is just reacting and preparing for the attack before it hits. This is a real life concept where martial artists train their reflexes and Instincts so much so as to be able to react to attacks and flex their muscles at the moment of impact to reduce the damage of the hit and prevent flinching.
This ability comes inherently from ultra instinct, Goku always had this ability when he used UI and it's instinctive reaction, not reactive power level.

As for infomation analysis, it's fine, as well as resistance to x ray vision. However pressure points is a no as his pressure points are still there, Goku just has 0 exploitable openings to take advantage of said pressure points. Also his resistance is not limited, it's a full resistance, it getting weaker over time should just be in the justifications.
Conclusion, add x ray vision to Goku.

However pressure points is a no as his pressure points are still there, Goku just has 0 exploitable openings to take advantage of said pressure points. Also his resistance is not.
Yeah, this is what I said, but apparently they thought MUI makes Goku's vitals disappear, and then 1 minute later when the accuracy drops, the vitals return. Which is why Granolah could pinpoint and one-shot him.

I'm not sure but I thought I was wrong.

Yeah, this is what I said, but apparently they thought MUI makes Goku's vitals disappear, and then 1 minute later when the accuracy drops, the vitals return. Which is why Granolah could pinpoint and one-shot him.

I'm not sure but I thought I was wrong.
How in the hell does a technique that makes you move on instinct makes your biological pressure points disappear? Makes no sense. This is just the same concept as Goku shifting his pressure point vitals away from granolah's attacks to prevent a one shot, just unbelievably more potent.

You still nitpicking on Moro part who just get bulkier because his body can't handle Merus power for long. You still failed to prove that their Ki increases over the time, you focus on some certain word while ignore the entire context. And lastly why Goku can't get stronger over time when fought Granolah when he used UI all the time, don't tell me it just magically disappear after 1 battle
Literally everything you said was a repetition of what I already addressed and explained. I’m not nitpicking nor being disingenuous, I literally showed evidence for everything I said, it’s a matter of looking at what I sent. If you chose to ignore the blatant statements and implications then I cannot help you. You are clearly disagreeing just to disagree, you haven’t even attacked the scans I sent, nor said anything that was wrong with it, you just accused me of taking things out of context, despite this not being the case, and repeat what you said.
I should probably comment on this.
That is not reactive power level. Their bodies are not getting any stronger than they were before, their body is just reacting and preparing for the attack before it hits. This is a real life concept where martial artists train their reflexes and Instincts so much so as to be able to react to attacks and flex their muscles at the moment of impact to reduce the damage of the hit and prevent flinching.
This ability comes inherently from ultra instinct, Goku always had this ability when he used UI and it's instinctive reaction, not reactive power level.
It makes him bulkier passively, yes. And obviously it’s not just durability if we look at Moro, the guy with the exact same ability, whose energy was increasing to the point his body was destroying itself.

Let’s take a look at the fight. Initially Moro copies Merus’s angel power. He fights Goku for an brief amount of time, king enough to travel the entire world. Exploding with energy? No. Goku hits his arm. Did his entire body explode with energy? No. The specific part that was attacked by Goku grew bulkier. NOTHING ELSE. Funny thing is? At the time, Moro almost quotes exactly what Whis says, that his body gets tougher on its own.

Fight continues. The SPECIFIC PARTS OF MORO that are getting hit, that need to get stronger, are getting bulkier and bigger.

Then we get a verbatim statement from Goku blaming what was happening ON THE TECHNIQUE, and how he never trained to withstand the power on Goku. And on top of that he actually says he’s getting destroyed by Merus’s ABILITIES. Not his energy. Obviously because initially he was having a very easy time with Merus’s energy, and had no problems whatsoever.

The angel power they are referring to that is blowing up Moro, is ultra instinct. It’s very clear within this context. You are assuming power means strength within this chapter, but contextually it means the first definition presented within Oxford.

the ability to do something or act in a particular way, especially as a faculty or quality.
“The power of speech”

… thank you for your further in depth input.
Already responded to. UI doesn’t just flex your muscles or whatever, it literally bulks you up and apparently increases your energy.
“As for infomation analysis, it's fine, as well as resistance to x ray vision. However pressure points is a no as his pressure points are still there, Goku just has 0 exploitable openings to take advantage of said pressure points. Also his resistance is not limited, it's a full resistance, it getting weaker over time should just be in the justifications.
Yeah no I completely disagree. If it was a matter of his stance or something akin then obviously his pp should still be perceivable, just not able to be hit. That’s not the case. Goku verbatim says ultra instinct should have no weaknesses, and Granolah notes that he cannot even perceive his vital points. That’s completely impossible for a “stance with no openings”.
And yes obviously this should be limited because this is only held true for a short period of time before his form deteriorates. It’s a blatant limitation of this resistance in question.

How in the hell does a technique that makes you move on instinct makes your biological pressure points disappear? Makes no sense. This is just the same concept as Goku shifting his pressure point vitals away from granolah's attacks to prevent a one shot, just unbelievably more potent.
Yeah, it was proposed that Goku should have resistance/limited immunity to Pressure Points because of this.
That’s not the case. Goku verbatim says ultra instinct should have no weaknesses, and Granolah notes that he cannot even perceive his vital points.
What Granolah means is Goku still has vital points, but can't find openings, which is what MUI does, it reacts, dodges and counterattacks everything.
Also this -

Literally everything you said was a repetition of what I already addressed and explained. I’m not nitpicking nor being disingenuous, I literally showed evidence for everything I said, it’s a matter of looking at what I sent. If you chose to ignore the blatant statements and implications then I cannot help you. You are clearly disagreeing just to disagree, you haven’t even attacked the scans I sent, nor said anything that was wrong with it, you just accused me of taking things out of context, despite this not being the case, and repeat what you said.
This is back and forth at this point, you still failed the most basic thing in Dragon ball, which is the increasing in Ki, you can prove it at all, you nitpicking on the part where Moro said he got tougher and himself being bulkier, but nothing stated their overall combat power and speed got increased over time which is the basic requirement for Reactive Power Level. And my last point which you can't even debunk it, where is Goku Greater RPL in Granolah fight, did it magically disappear after 1 fight???, in Granolah arc, Goku can constantly use UI even in base form

It makes him bulkier passively, yes. And obviously it’s not just durability if we look at Moro, the guy with the exact same ability, whose energy was increasing to the point his body was destroying itself.

Let’s take a look at the fight. Initially Moro copies Merus’s angel power. He fights Goku for an brief amount of time, king enough to travel the entire world. Exploding with energy? No. Goku hits his arm. Did his entire body explode with energy? No. The specific part that was attacked by Goku grew bulkier. NOTHING ELSE. Funny thing is? At the time, Moro almost quotes exactly what Whis says, that his body gets tougher on its own.

Fight continues. The SPECIFIC PARTS OF MORO that are getting hit, that need to get stronger, are getting bulkier and bigger.

Then we get a verbatim statement from Goku blaming what was happening ON THE TECHNIQUE, and how he never trained to withstand the power on Goku. And on top of that he actually says he’s getting destroyed by Merus’s ABILITIES. Not his energy. Obviously because initially he was having a very easy time with Merus’s energy, and had no problems whatsoever.

The angel power they are referring to that is blowing up Moro, is ultra instinct. It’s very clear within this context. You are assuming power means strength within this chapter, but contextually it means the first definition presented within Oxford.

the ability to do something or act in a particular way, especially as a faculty or quality.
“The power of speech”

… thank you for your further in depth input.
Nah. Whis actually says it's merus' power that's making moro blow up, it's too strong for him and he hasn't learned how to use it, so that's why he's dying. Goku even says that moro is the doing the same mistake saganbo did, saganbo got so drunk on power that he his body could not handle that he destroyed his own body. The reason Goku says "abilities" is because moro's source of power is merus' ultra instinct which is an ability, however it's also a power boost which is why moro's energy got on the level of Goku's and why he started to blow up.
There are several moments where Goku hit moro but he wasn't getting bigger or stronger making your point even more unreliable.
Yeah no I completely disagree. If it was a matter of his stance or something akin then obviously his pp should still be perceivable, just not able to be hit. That’s not the case. Goku verbatim says ultra instinct should have no weaknesses, and Granolah notes that he cannot even perceive his vital points. That’s completely impossible for a “stance with no openings”.
And yes obviously this should be limited because this is only held true for a short period of time before his form deteriorates. It’s a blatant limitation of this resistance in question.
Hence the resistance to x ray vision and information analysis. His pressure points being non existent is contradicted by how UI works and this statement about Granolah finding openings in UI due to accuracy drop and not because his biological pressure points magically reappear.

Nah. Whis actually says it's merus' power that's making moro blow up, it's too strong for him and he hasn't learned how to use it, so that's why he's dying. Goku even says that moro is the doing the same mistake saganbo did, saganbo got so drunk on power that he his body could not handle that he destroyed his own body. The reason Goku says "abilities" is because moro's source of power is merus' ultra instinct which is an ability, however it's also a power boost which is why moro's energy got on the level of Goku's and why he started to blow up.
Yeah the angel power they are referring to is ultra instinct. Which is why Goku explains it’s destroying Moro. Ultra instinct is literally making him blow up with power, not literal energy, which is why he gets bulkier in the specific areas in which he is attacked and needs to get stronger in. If it was literal energy, he wouldn’t be disproportionately blowing up in specific areas, that would make no sense.

There are several moments where Goku hit moro but he wasn't getting bigger or stronger making your point even more unreliable.
First one we never see whether or not they stayed the same size so that doesn’t really help your point.
Second one Moro wasn’t even damaged nor was he in need to get stronger in that area.
Second one Moro wasn’t even damaged nor was he in need to get stronger in that area.
Third one is just Goku deflecting/knocking his hands away, not a damaged area or an area that necessarily needed to get stronger.
Fourth one Goku never even dealt damage to him.
And if we abide by your logic then we should throw out the notion that Ultra instinct doesn’t make your body sturdier AT ALL, whether it’s a “momentary flex of durability” or reactive power level, which obviously we know isn’t the case, so that wouldnt
Hence the resistance to x ray vision and information analysis. His pressure points being non existent is contradicted by how UI works and this statement about Granolah finding openings in UI due to accuracy drop and not because his biological pressure points magically reappear.
It’s almost as if the form deteriorates over time, hence the “Limited” idea. We know Goku has a hard time maintaining the form, to the point where he notes he can only maintain it for a short period of time, paired with the idea that his accuracy drops over time, it’s obvious Goku’s ultra instinct slowly loses all its capabilities.
This is back and forth at this point, you still failed the most basic thing in Dragon ball, which is the increasing in Ki, you can prove it at all, you nitpicking on the part where Moro said he got tougher and himself being bulkier, but nothing stated their overall combat power and speed got increased over time which is the basic requirement for Reactive Power Level. And my last point which you can't even debunk it, where is Goku Greater RPL in Granolah fight, did it magically disappear after 1 fight???, in Granolah arc, Goku can constantly use UI even in base form
It’s not, it’s just you repeating things I’ve already addressed. That’s not back and forth, that’s you arguing from repetition. And you do know that his ultra instinct in base-Ssb is imperfected right? And doesn’t have all of its capabilities? Which is why things such as his res to information analysis only exist in his mui key?

Yeah the angel power they are referring to is ultra instinct. Which is why Goku explains it’s destroying Moro. Ultra instinct is literally making him blow up with power, not literal energy, which is why he gets bulkier in the specific areas in which he is attacked and needs to get stronger in. If it was literal energy, he wouldn’t be disproportionately blowing up in specific areas, that would make no sense.
That's a good point. I suppose it's a combination of his body self destructing due to ultra instinct and merus' power. So I think rpl is fine.
It’s almost as if the form deteriorates over time, hence the “Limited” idea. We know Goku has a hard time maintaining the form, to the point where he notes he can only maintain it for a short period of time, paired with the idea that his accuracy drops over time, it’s obvious Goku’s ultra instinct slowly loses all its capabilities.
"Limited" is applied to abilities or powers that have a limited application/use or functionality but still fall under the power.
Goku's resistance here doesn't have a limited use, it's a powerful application of resistance to Info analysis, the loss of accuracy and stamina drain are a weakness for the form that is irrelevant here.

It’s not, it’s just you repeating things I’ve already addressed. That’s not back and forth, that’s you arguing from repetition. And you do know that his ultra instinct in base-Ssb is imperfected right? And doesn’t have all of its capabilities? Which is why things such as his res to information analysis only exist in his mui key?
Again you still couldn't prove that both Moro and Goku Ki increases over time when they fighting each other to dead or their combat power and speed which tied to the amount of ki they have, you nitpicking the part where Moro get bulkier and he said that he get tougher. And you still couldn't prove that somehow, in the entire Granolah arc despite Goku used UI all the time, from base to ssj to gods form and then Ui form his power remain the same aside from the increases come from each time he transforms into higher form

That's a good point. I suppose it's a combination of his body self destructing due to ultra instinct and merus' power. So I think rpl is fine
Noice.
"Limited" is applied to abilities or powers that have a limited application/use or functionality but still fall under the power.
Goku's resistance here doesn't have a limited use, it's a powerful application of resistance to Info analysis, the loss of accuracy and stamina drain are a weakness for the form that is irrelevant here.
Yeah in this case it has limited use/functionality by virtue of it being retained for a short period of time.
And I don’t think the loss of accuracy and stamina drain, and it not being able to be maintained for a long time is irrelevant here, it’s supporting evidence for the idea the form deteriorates over time.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but in the chapter before that one, when MUI Goku was fighting Moro, wasn’t it stated by Beerus and Whis that as Goku was fighting he was “Fine-Tuning his movements more and more”?
And considering the fact that the definition of Fine-Tuning is to “make small adjustments to (something) in order to achieve the best or a desired performance” and he’s doing that through fighting to the point that beerus himself pointed it out, I think that should be consider when it comes to the topic of MUI getting RPL shouldn’t it?

Correct me if I’m wrong, but in the chapter before that one, when MUI Goku was fighting Moro, wasn’t it stated by Beerus and Whis that as Goku was fighting he was “Fine-Tuning his movements more and more”?
And considering the fact that the definition of Fine-Tuning is to “make small adjustments to (something) in order to achieve the best or a desired performance” and he’s doing that through fighting to the point that beerus himself pointed it out, I think that should be consider when it comes to the topic of MUI getting RPL shouldn’t it?
This is a different ability and applies to hus reactive pl and accelerated development.

That’s in reference to a difference aspect of ui, his movements. And I don’t really see it’s relevance personally.

Back