• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Muhammad Avdol VS Raven Branwen

I'm pretty sure if Raven = Qrow then she should be >>>18 tons

Avdol is mid 8-B, so around 50 tons but no higher than that.

y no base Cinder, tho

(In all honestly I'm seeing the versatility of Raven's dust taking this)

I've got two more JoJo vs RWBY fights lined up. I'm using Cinder in one of them, that's why.

Any of Raven's ice manipulation attacks or whatever are going to be instantly evaporated in this fight, considering it's hot enough to cause steel to melt. I can see it and her water manipulation dulling his flames though, but only the ones it comes in contact with (which she can't really see, seeing as how the flames are invisible to her).

Depending on the strength of her electricity manipulation it could be problematic, but if he can bombard her with attacks and force her to stop using it he can overcome that too. I also don't know how potent her TK is and whether or not she can just fling him to the moon or something.

So this is Base Raven without her storm powers, huh?

I'm going for Avdol, much faster and he can melt Raven's sword forcing her to use unarmed combat.

There's two more, the next one is Jotaro and the last one is Cinder. We can debate that later though.

I think it's safe to say that no ambushes are coming from Raven's end, right? Unless she can sneak up on him like Vanilla Ice with his void manipulation. Otherwise I think she's forced to fight him.

Xtasyamphetamine said:
I'm going for Avdol, much faster and he can melt Raven's sword forcing her to use unarmed combat.
Raven's aura protects her weapon from being destroyed and not only does her blade have tier 7 durability, but she has over two dozen replacements for it on her person

Well normal fire negates durability only in the sense of pain, not actual damage. (I may be wrong on this)

If the sword can recieve kinetic energy ranging to 7-C, I assume it can handle the heat energy.

TacticalNuke002 said:
Can Avdol indefinitely increase the temperature of his flames?
Never been demonstrated, but if he wrapped it around something long enough obviously the temperature of that object has the potential to increase beyond that of the flames. Like a skillet.

He can however use his flames indefinitely, he told Polnareff that much.

I saw Raven's electricity manipulation and it seemed to come from the sky. Is that how she really uses it @Weekly?

I'm leaning towards Avdol because of his long-ranged invisible attack advantage.

Raven is smart so she'll quickly realize it's hot and start generating ice or water with her blade around her, but she'll be forced to do so constantly (on account of it being hot enough to melt steel) or quickly succumb to the heat. The air around her is going to get dangerously hot too, so she's going to exhaust really quickly.

Red Bind is handy for restraining her sword arm and keeping her in place. Life Detection is a hard-counter to her Raven form considering it explicitly points out where an otherwise invisible enemy is, so no stealth. Magician's Red is a hand-to-hand figher too, so even if she goes for an outright lunge at the start, she's going to get an invisible roundhouse kick to the face.

Also raven's ice has heat resistance beyond that of cinder's fire which can melt steel on contact

Will post when I get home but her ice can resist Cinder's fire which melted pyrrha's sword on contact and can melt granite with a touch

The only time I recall her fighting Cinder is in her maiden form, when she used her ice sword.

I don't think that's the same as using her ice dust, though.

For her 8-B key yes but she can project it with her blade and freeze stuff by swinging it, just like all the other elemental properties for her different blades are used

Well I guess she their fire and ice can clash and cancel each other out, falling short of their intended targets.

But I still give it to Avdol just because of the amount of flames he can generate seems to be much much more than the limited blasts of ice Raven can extend from her sword. Furthermore having invisible projectiles is a big advantage in this fight, especially since Avdol is roughly x2 stronger than Raven.

Red Bind and Crossfire Hurricane Special also give her a run for her money, making restraining her sword arm and continually blasting her with 8-B fire attacks over and over an easier win condition over not being touched by projectiles you can't see and somehow getting past an invisible 8-B wall to strike your opponent down.

Raven's ice would be able to protect her though, and she can very easily get out of red bind with her raven form

Also Raven damaging magician's red hurts avdol while avdol himself is only 10-A, one good hit is all raven needs to beat him and she has the skill and experience to at least somewhat deduce magician's red, most likwly seeing it as a semblance, which shouldnt be that big of a detriment to her as rwby characters of raven's level have dealt with characters with invisibility/illusion semblances before

Raven:

+ Forcefields mean not much can get past them

+ Stat amp means closing the AP gap won't be a huge issue

+ Can fly, granting versatility for movement

+ Vast array of elemental abilities means she has versatility in modus operandi, so to speak

Avdol:

+ Intangibility is a big deal here

+ Much more versatile usage of fire, though I'm unsure how effective this will be

+ Range, albeit only slightly

Moot Points:

= Extrasensory Perception means neither one is gonna be doing much more. Avdol's seems to be more detecting enemies, I am unsure how Raven works.

Verdict:

Unsure. I see arguments for both sides. Right now I'm voting Incon.

@Bambu Its been determined that due to aura and stands being similar enough, aura coated weapons can hit stands, canceling out their intangibility

Raven's ice only protects her if she manages to counter it. If it hits her in a spot where she did not attempt to retaliate with ice (which is going to happen often against invisible flames) then she suffers the damage.

Her bird form also loses access to the ice that can protect her, and I don't know what bird is mobile enough to dodge this , so she still likely gets tagged and binded.

I think Raven will realize that he's using flames, I don't think she'll know that he is actually creating a being that is using flames. That'll lead to a dangerous assumption if she ever tries to just go for the kill, seeing as how Magician's Red is right there to launch the most powerful kick he can against an unguarded opponent.

WeeklyBattles said:
@Bambu Its been determined that due to aura and stands being similar enough, aura coated weapons can hit stands, canceling out their intangibility
Yes but Magician's Red and his flames are still largely invisible to her, though she should be able to still feel the heat generated.

In theory, yes, but Avdol has never demonstrated this line of thinking and I would consider it extremely OOC.

Back