• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Mother 3

Promestein

Resurrection Lily
She/Her
VS Battles
FC/OC VS Battles
Retired VSB Bureaucrat
Alright, so Mother 3 Pokey is 7-A, right? And Lucas is only 8-C despite keeping up with and damaging Pokey during their fight. So? Shouldn't Lucas be 7-A as well, along with the rest of the Mother 3 protags, granted they ever get a profile?

When was Pokey changed from 4-B to 7-A? Not saying I disagree with it, the 4-B was farfetched, just wondering.

Also, I've been saying this multiple times before but nobody ever listens, glad somebody else is now.

I just want to ask...why is Earthbound Pokey 7-A in durability for tanking hits from a Universe level opponent? I mean, yeah he pretty much just talked, but he still tanked hits until Giygas lost it and he bailed.

Pikachu942 said:
When was Pokey changed from 4-B to 7-A? Not saying I disagree with it, the 4-B was farfetched, just wondering.
Also, I've been saying this multiple times before but nobody ever listens, glad somebody else is now.
I changed it due to the fight with the chosen four he had (who were mostly mountain level, expect Ness but Giygas' involvement with the fight can account for him). I planned to change Lucas' page but forgot.

Azathoth the Abyssal Idiot said:
I just want to ask...why is Earthbound Pokey 7-A in durability for tanking hits from a Universe level opponent? I mean, yeah he pretty much just talked, but he still tanked hits until Giygas lost it and he bailed.
Not confirmed. The details on the fight are vague. Yes, he and Ness "fought" as part of the game, but Giygas was still there aiding Pokey and when you consider Giygas was around Ness' level then (he was unaware of the fight, so slightly weaker than usual), the fact Pokey mostly monologued in the fight and Ness being childhood "friends" with him (and therefore not likely wanting to hurt him as Ness is a pacifist), the chances that he got hit by Ness is low. It's much more likely that he's scaled to the other chosen four's level, while Ness was busy with Giygas (hence Ness' reflection on Giygas' machine).

Giygas was not really aiding Pokey, anymore. Giygas' brain was pretty much nonexistent at the point, and Pokey was just there to watch the fireworks. Even tanking one hit from someone who is 3-A and still slightly holding back is far, far, faaaaar more than 7-A.

That said, there's really not much reason to assume the fight was sectioned off into Ness vs Giygas and Pokey vs everyone else, as I don't recall anything really suggesting this. In fact, wasn't Giygas not even really involved in the "fight" yet, as he was still pretty much just sitting there and having his mind continue to break further and further beyond repair?

On the contrary. Despite going through a transformation at the time, Giygas was still fighting alongside Pokey as he was dishing out attacks (PSI Rockin) and receiving them. The thing about Ness fighting Giygas accounts for Ness appearing as a reflection on Giygas' machine as well as Pokey talking directly to Ness before the battle starts but only to "you heroes" during the battle.

LoudCloud said:
On the contrary. Despite going through a transformation at the time, Giygas was still fighting alongside Pokey as he was dishing out attacks (PSI Rockin) and receiving them. The thing about Ness fighting Giygas accounts for Ness appearing as a reflection on Giygas' machine as well as Pokey talking directly to Ness before the battle starts but only to "you heroes" during the battle.
I would disagree by saying that while Giygas was clearly focusing on Ness (obviously), I don't believe it could be said that Ness was solely focusing on Giygas. Pokey was still a threat, after all. I mean, he was an ant next to Giygas, but so was Ness.

Azathoth the Abyssal Idiot said:
LoudCloud said:
I would disagree by saying that while Giygas was clearly focusing on Ness (obviously), I don't believe it could be said that Ness was solely focusing on Giygas. Pokey was still a threat, after all. I mean, he was an ant next to Giygas, but so was Ness.
Sure, but at the end of the day this fight was too vague to know anything for sure so I'm lowballing it for argument's sake.

Back