• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Mother/Earthbound revisions (no it's not what you are thinking)

Can you write a reminder explanation of what we need to evaluate here please?

Can you write a reminder explanation of what we need to evaluate here please?
Sure.

SoL/FTL Earthbound sounded sus, so we came to 2 choices.
1. Not to use Laser/Light stuff, like Armor implied
2. Even if use Laser/Light stuff, Ness and others are no longer SoL/FTL but Rela+ or Subsonic without Laser/Light stuff

2. It was agreed and I will update, verse page with AP calcs, Gyigas's AP as well since his calc puts him at High 7-C and not 7-C as well as state in verse page instead of High 8-C result 8-B result specifically mid result of calc.

3. Update abilities of characters who should have it updated, in that case, Duster and Kumatora respectively.

Okay. That largely seems good to me.

Which staff members have commented here previously?

Welp...

Ooof, yeah the only thing which I can rely here for now is statement since we have lack of visuals...

In other words... I can rely here on PK Flash and "Dazzling light".

Since we don't will use lasers for Ness and others. Is it possible to scale characters to PK Thunder? What do you think Armor?
As well as others if you're reading this.
Just a statement of being made of light isn't enough. I'm not sure about Thunder, though, normally I'd say it doesn't work since just being called thunder isn't enough, but Lucas literally gets struck by lightning to learn PK Thunder so maybe. Then again, IIRC PK Thunder misses because it's not an accurate move, is there any way to know it's actually being dodged?

Just a statement of being made of light isn't enough. I'm not sure about Thunder, though, normally I'd say it doesn't work since just being called thunder isn't enough, but Lucas literally gets struck by lightning to learn PK Thunder so maybe. Then again, IIRC PK Thunder misses because it's not an accurate move, is there any way to know it's actually being dodged?
Lucas actually learned PK Flash via lighting, but I'll be honest Thunder in Earthbound is more realistic than thunder in Pokémon.
If but also Mother 3 characters fought beings who are literally made out of lighting inside of lighting tower.
When PK Thunder misses game states that, so if we want to proove Mother characters being able to dodge lighting we have to: Find a clip where game states that certain character after PK Thunder attack "Dodged Quickly". You know, that thing.

Oh yeah also Ness's resistance to Time Stop... I feel we need to do more to make it legit and not just "Dodged Quickly" what basically is implied gameplay wise on Earthbound. Would definitely require further investigation.

Armorchompy makes sense to me. Thank you for helping out.

You want clips showing that one lightning strike is being shown to be dodged right?

May need some time for everyone to find a clip for that.

Meanwhile I do not know if this is good enough for PK Flash or other flashes to be actual light:

PK Flash has an effect of making "enemies suffer from crying, numbness, feeling strange or they become unconscious".

Which are similar to effects from a flash bang

PK Beam is a beam that does not do damage on "mechanic enemies", which can be hinting the "light" is reflected away on the shiny surface of the metallic object which is the enemy.

And as a step backward, PK Thunder is almost always effective against machines and mechanical chimeras
Which can hint that it is attracted to machines like real lightning strike is attracted to metallic spiky objects.

Jasonith at that moment be like:

You want clips showing that one lightning strike is being shown to be dodged right?

Meanwhile I do not know if this is good enough for PK Flash or other flashes to be actual light:

PK Flash has an effect of making "enemies suffer from crying, numbness, feeling strange or they become unconscious".

Yeah, Mother do go realistic when it comes to creating PSI attacks. Anyway, If we would go referencing PK Flash as Stun Greande we should use either Speed of sound or rather the light of that Flashbang? To make sure.

I'm fine with knowing it's possible but a clip would be nice

PK Flash can also kill you on the spot, which a flashbang doesn't do. It doesn't paralize you either.
PK Beam is a beam that does not do damage on "mechanic enemies", which can be hinting the "light" is reflected away on the shiny surface of the metallic object which is the enemy.
Yeah but PK Beam has nothing to do with the other moves being debated here. So that's only one condition for it.
And as a step backward, PK Thunder is almost always effective against machines and mechanical chimeras
Which can hint that it is attracted to machines like real lightning strike is attracted to metallic spiky objects.
I'm not contesting PK Thunder isn't electricity, I'm just unsure if it's comparable to lightning specifically.

Have there been any conclusions reached here so far?

Have there been any conclusions reached here so far?
I believe atm the only thing left is to discuss speed stuff.

I also may suggest do a bit more wording for Ness's Time Stop, cause for now it states that Ness can dodge attacks in Time Stop, however he still can be affected by it and while he can dodge attacks at time stop, but not so often.

I'm not sure if the time stop thing isn't just game mechanics tbh, considering the game probably treats it as a normal attack

I'm pretty sure that would be Infinite speed if we were to take it literally lol. Which I uh, don't think we should

So should somebody apply what has been accepted here?

Hmmmm, yeah I think I possibly can atm. Speed stuff, calc result's correction and ability stuff.
I'll record what should be changed in case if I wouldn't be able to add changes atm:
  1. Change tier and AP of Gyigas Mother 1 key to High 7-C since this is the accepted result as far as I can see (Requires Gyigas's profile to be open)
  2. Change mentioned in verse AP from low end of calc to mid end of calc (in other words change "High 8-C" on verse page to "8-B")
  3. Add abilities to Kumatora and Duster which are already mentioned on their profiles.
  4. Change speed of everyone in Mother verse from FTL (since for now light dodging stuff doesn't seems legit) to Subsonic via scaling to Ninten (Requires Ness's and Gyigas's profile to be open).
  5. As far as I see, Ness's Time Stop resistance concluded to be non legit so resistance to time stop should be gone from Ness's profile (requires Ness's profile to be open)
Basically this.

Thank you. Please list the EXACTLY WORDED titles for ALL of the pages that you need me to unlock, so my automated script can handle it.

Okay. I will unlock them then. Tell me here when you are done.

Alright I've added stuff on Ness's and Gyigas's profiles. Now when I can go to others, you can close them.

Alright, everything have been added except for Paula's profile. Her profile is closed as much as I unexpected it, sorry for not noticing, but can you open up her for a short time?

Thank you. Is it fine if I close this thread then?

I'll hold it for a few....
let's say days.

Cause it's possible for someone to see changes only now and try to object.
For instance, @Jasonsith recently objected so he can come up with rebuttal.

After few days, this can probably be closed and then someone would need to make CRT for themselves. But now, it's better to play a fair game and wait for someone to give some sort of agreement or disagreement.

Okay. Please tell me here when I should close this then.

Back