• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Most downplayed character

Golden Era Supes would be your closest bet to 10-C. An did even then, not even. That supes is faster than a speeding bullet.

Akreious said:
Y'know the sad thing is, I still see people thinking Super Saiyan God is only Star or even Large Planet+ Level, with super Saiyan blue only being baseline solar system level.
lmao, really?

That aside--Lanipator and Grant of TeamFourStar were doing a let's play of Budokai Tenkaichi 3 recently, and Grant was like "Do you think Vegeta could really bust the planet?" Lani: "Well, he did on Arlia, but that was filler--I think he could at least make Earth unlivable, but he couldn't blow it up. Freeza definitely could, but only by hitting the core."

I was like, "lol, really?"

The whole core bust argument never made sense to me cause even if that's how he did it you would still be exceeding the Planets GBE and be at its level

Yeah, but still.

Other similar arguments include:

Not being Planet level because he destroyed the planet by flying through it.

Not being Solar System level because they just moved a star.

Not being Universe level because "lol shockwaves".

Jesterofgames said:
I've also never got the core buster argument... Like could anybody explain to me what they mean by it?
He can only destroy a planet by hitting it's core. Therefore, he is not Planet level.

Yes, that is the whole argument.

They're talking about when Final Form Freeza threw an energy blast at Namek's core to prolong the planet's destruction long enough for him to test himself against Goku.

Despite Goku even saying during that fight that Freeza could have just destroyed the planet immediately and won, but that he realized Freeza wanted the fight.

I'm most certain Lani was joking when saying that. Not only because of his tone while saying it, but even in their own abridged series, Vegeta can Been quoted as destroying planets as a warm up.

Yeah, but there's a difference between their Abridged canon and the actualy canon. They were playing the Saiyan Saga part in Budokai Tenkaichi 3 when it was said, and Vegeta was doing his whole "I'm going to destroy the Earth!" speech while charging up the Galick Gun.

Yeah, that part confused me too. I just ignore it whenever they go into vs debating/power level debating, since they're usually very wrong on it.

Another Dragon Ball character that gets downplayed a lot is Cell. I don't know why but people keep disregarding SP Cell's Solar System ap, even when you show them the statements and guidebooks that prove that Cell is SS, people just say it's exaggeration even thought the Scaling fits perfectly. The funniest thing is that even Geekdom once was doubting SP Cell from being able to blow up the Solar System level.

Dziga said:
Another Dragon Ball character that gets downplayed a lot is Cell. I don't know why but people keep disregarding SP Cell's Solar System ap, even when you show them the statements and guidebooks that prove that Cell is SS, people just say it's exaggeration even thought the Scaling fits perfectly. The funniest thing is that even Geekdom once was doubting SP Cell from being able to blow up the Solar System level.
I mean why not? Freiza is Star to Large Star. With all the powerups that happened since, the powerscaling would fit.

I've seen people pit characters who are not even peak human but just athletic human level against the likes of John-117.

Ditto for Jedi/Sith with movie only feats.

Reminder: Even in the films Jedi/Sith still have High 8-C to Low 7-C durability feats and MHS to MHS+ reaction feats.

Oh don't get me wrong, people that downplays Dragon Ball can be very funny. They mostly agree that Super Saiyan is at least core planet level, so I'd ask them what about Super Saiyan 2 And 3? One person actually responded with "2 is planet level and 3 is planet+", then I'd ask about Super Saiyan God. Apparently god is only large planet+ and Super Saiyan Blue very large planet+, possibly star or when wanking, Solar System Level. I'll try to dig out the YouTube comment again, it was so cancerous that the other debater just gave up.

Yeah, even that's going to far; John being 10-A to 9-C, but not as downplayed as him being 10-C due to getting killed by water. But I've seen way more Halo wank than I do downplay; Samus Vs Master Chief is one of the most popular stomp threads out there. She stomps even if she's limited to Zero Suit.

Fun fact, Death Battle was originally going to do Harry Potter Vs Aang, but switched out the opponent because they thought Aang was too OP; which is true. But Luke Skywalker is even more OP thus making an even bigger stomp.

I'd like to make this clear.

Just because a character is portrayed differently by someone else doesn't make it downplay. Some people just aren't as lenient with scaling as we are, and because of our policies, we're guaranteed to have some controversial rankings here and there. I'm certain lots of people don't agree with all of our policies here, myself included, but we need to establish a basis somewhere to make things possible, and for some people it's just not going to suit them. Not much we can do about that.

I didn't read the thread so I don't know if anybody's making false equivalences, but I think this should be said. I see too many people treating our rankings here like the end all, be all of VS Debating, when we're anything but. All of our profiles here are subject to change. I really hate to use the terms "downplay' or "wank" unless I can provide a good explanation as to why it counts as such.

Now that my rant is out of the way, I think Polnareff gets some serious downplay. Yes he literally made Silver Chariot fly up, beat the beam of light to its destination and tag it, all when it was merely an inch or two away, but Polnareff said he can't do it so therefore not a feat.

Star Platinum's FTL statement too. Yes it's stated to literally surpass the speed of light, but other stands are faster than Star Platinum, and the statement most likely meant that star platinum is only FTL via time stop because it said it all "...surpassing light speed, and stopping time itself".

>Polnareff's stand literally being shown faster than the hanged man is cinematic time

>Josuke having Crazy Diamond retrieve Okuyasu from RHCP before it could even reach the nearest electrical tower is cinematic time

>Josuke says his stand can only punch at 300 kmh so therefore not FTL

>My theory is that Jotaro has the FTL reactions but his body can't keep up, as evidenced by how he got hit by a fan and a car

Coolie emote

Frickin' this. We shouldn't pretend we are the be-all end all. We're not the OBD to do that. We're literally nobodies with opinions that differ from the crowd. That's it.

Kepekley23 said:
Frickin' this. We shouldn't pretend we are the be-all end all. We're not the OBD to do that. We're literally nobodies with opinions that differ from the crowd. That's it.
and math to back up our opinions, which is more than can be said of the average YouTube commentator.

Back