• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Most annoying character for every tier

@Blanked

The character isn't bad, but the wank and fan base makes him an annoying subject on vs wikis.

I suppose it's the same as 3-A/Low 2-C Dante.

@Blanked Gotta love how even though Alien X has several weakness, limitations and even members of his own species who can beat him or come close to it (Galactic Gladiator) he's still omnipotent lol

Gargoyle One said:
Disliking a character through sheer wank is shallow
Also I entirely agree with this. Now finding wank of a character annoying, being annoyed when a character is mentioned due to wank or disliking a character you already disliked even more due to wank I can get. However just because there are certain fanboys of a character doesn't make the character itself any less good. You shouldn't dislike someone if there's no other reason besides wank.

It kinda irritates me how people try to use VS debate crap as legitamate criticisms for writing. Like I've seen people say that shows aren't good because "they don't have enough hax" or someone disliking a character they used to really like only because they win too many VS matches on this site. Everyone's entitled to their opinion but I find reasons like that pretty silly.

I've noticed this during death battles, hate for both characters rise to the extreme with wank/downplay for their preffered character and ultimately no one wins, and that can be associated with the character which can hurt how much you like them.

Ultimately, I still like characters who are wanked to Oblivion (Dante is still one of my favorite video game characters) and I don't care about characters with a ton of hax (Stay Night Gilgamesh).

I generally do like verses that don't go into detail on hax all the time. I like seeing fun fist fightsor brawls is usually can make me help like a character for there sheer badassery, or just seeing how this character fights.

An example, Fate: In a series filled with hax of all bounds in conceptual weapons instant vaporization weapons, and so much more, some of the best fights are between the 'fodder' mages, like Shirou or Kiritsugu vs Kirei. And some of the more boring fights are ones where has is involved.

Gilgamesh: Tons of Treasury and incredible weapons yet loses because he's too stupid to use them when he needs too...Lame.

Kirei: Barely loses due to him being outsmarted and outlasted by Shirou.... That's badass!

I could go on and on.

If someone seriously hates a character for that reason...

It's like when you hear people I dislike a character because of their battles in the verse, not because of their actual "character". Their personality etc.

I did not like Asta (Black clover) because of his voice and he YELL!!!!!! all the time but I like him in the manga

Blanked said:
If someone seriously hates a character for that reason...
It's like when you hear people I dislike a character because of their battles in the verse, not because of their "character". Their personality etc.
Here's the thing, disliking characters because of their fights in their verse is a legitimate reason to dislike them and sometimes it's purposely done to be that way.

We hate Seryu Ubiquitous because she's a ******* coward who distracted someone and shot them in the back to win.

We see and understand the fear that soldiers have when they see Abaddon due to his sheer merciless nature, and we rejoice when that opponent happens to get their comeuppons.

It can also get boring when a character consistently wins through asspulls and not through their actual strength and this made me drop FT not too far into the manga.

Battles in a verse are a legitimate reason to dislike or like a character and they are written that way

Also I entirely agree with this. Now finding wank of a character annoying, being annoyed when a character is mentioned due to wank or disliking a character you already disliked even more due to wank I can get. However just because there are certain fanboys of a character doesn't make the character itself any less good. You shouldn't dislike someone if there's no other reason besides wank.

It kinda irritates me how people try to use VS debate crap as legitamate criticisms for writing. Like I've seen people say that shows aren't good because "they don't have enough hax" or someone disliking a character they used to really like only because they win too many VS matches on this site. Everyone's entitled to their opinion but I find reasons like that pretty silly.

Some people get so addicted to versus debating they forget power of a verse isn't the same as quality of a verses writing/gameplay

Case in point, suggsverse.

Personally, I don't mind Hax at all. And it's good if they don't use it all the time if it is either out of character or just not what they are used to. But it would be better and cooler to see them use it in fights more often and in creative ways.

Like using Matter Manipulation to turn the ground into lava under your opponent's feet. That's cool.

Yeah, I enjoy seeing hax used in fights when it feels like a battle of wits and strategy with two extremely dangerous but totally different power sets going at it. It's one of the reasons why the first part of Naruto is still a ton of fun to go back to and watch. I still remember watching Shikamaru vs Temari for the first time and feeling the tension it built with how the two battled.

IMO: Limited power sets tend to make battles more interesting because theirs less stuff for characters to rely on, thus making their limited abilities count more. That's not always the case depending on the series, like what makes battles in Chaotic so fun to watch is the fact that these characters have ******* huge arsenals to pull from.

Of course, seeing a super haxed villain just conjuring bullshit powers out of nowhere to godstomp the heroes is pretty fun too.

It's kinda why I love reality warping villains like Bill,Discord and Mxy for example seeing the shit they throw at people is always super fun to watch

Darkanine said:
IMO: Limited power sets tend to make battles more interesting because theirs less stuff for characters to rely on, thus making their limited abilities count more. That's not always the case depending on the series, like what makes battles in Chaotic so fun to watch is the fact that these characters have ******* huge arsenals to pull from.
This is actually a good analysis on why battles in that series were so fun. Even the least haxxed characters had massive varieties of powers, but it was all about using the right one at the right time. There was no power that was a catch-all.

I...still have my love/hate relationship wth hax. I ca like it, but I can also absolutely despise it. Like, for the most part, it works with games, because it can be unlocked, or restricted by mechanics, or not in that specific game. It's harder to get away with it in any other media with a cohesive story and said characters are main, but it's not impossible. I do appreciate overcoming via strategies and the like tho.

I really love Pokemon's Destiny Bond for that. In game its ok, but in versus battles it is pretty crazy.

I would always argue that more skill showing battle(H2H, sword fight etc)>>>>>>>>>>>>hax involved battles.

I like how we discussed that a character being wanked is not a reason to hate them and people still continue with the same reasoning.

Welcome to Internet.

And now I'll have to start a discussion on how people can have their personal opinions.

Welcome to Internet.

I mean, I could argue that you can hate in different ways (that sounds way worse when put into text...). Like, you could hate a character in the context of VSBW, but like them otherwise.

Anyway, I agree with Kaltias. Especially given that I like Friends more than I like 95% of the series here.

Back