• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Mortal Kombat 1 Discussion Thread

I saw the clips, wtf fusion characters and so many bs thing happened all over the place 😱😱😱

And the Havik that killed MK2 Jax appeared on the secret ending, bro they looks like going to gave Havik so much love here if he's ended up become the new antagonist in DLC packs

Yeah so Kronika isn't actually in this game, it's Shang Tsung from the bad ending of Aftermath shapeshifting into her. Turns out Lui Kang and Shang Tsungs battle at the end of 11 generated enough energy to rip apart the fabric of time, allowing both their endings to be canon and become their own timelines.

Not much in terms of speed feats which is sad but there's Mileena running up rocks in her chapter that are falling and Titan Kitana was blocking bullets. I guess we have to rely on backscaling for the Titan forms of each character. Sub-Zero can also resist Ermac's TK who can tear out massive stone chunks and lift boulders

Not much impressive hax tbh but there are new abilities. Scorpion and Sub can summon elementals to assist them as Kameos is one example.

Moar spoilers

Also another thing, looks like they're bringing back kombat having effects beyond mundane stuff, like Liu vs Shang creating splintering timelines and Mileena vs Ermac freeing the latter from Quan Chi's dark magic. We might have a shared abilities page for MK

Turns out it wasn't just Lui Kang and Shang Tsungs fight that splintered the timeline, the battle with Kronika in general tore at times frabric so basically every MK11 character has their own timeline where they became the keeper of time, Lui Kang summons a Kitana who's the keeper from another timeline and they both originated from the same one that MK11 took place in

spoilers

Also bad news for that black hole feat. It's not seen anywhere in the story :( but the post credits scene is hope that Liu will be at full power and may demonstrate it for us. However, it might make sense that he doesn't have it let alone use it since he's mostly a demigod in the story and he only becomes the Keeper of Time that he once was near the end of the story, which is how he got his power over creation

Yeah so Kronika isn't actually in this game, it's Shang Tsung from the bad ending of Aftermath shapeshifting into her. Turns out Lui Kang and Shang Tsungs battle at the end of 11 generated enough energy to rip apart the fabric of time, allowing both their endings to be canon and become their own timelines.
Yes!!! I knew that Shang Tsung from the bad ending will have a very major involvement on this installment
Turns out it wasn't just Lui Kang and Shang Tsungs fight that splintered the timeline, the battle with Kronika in general tore at times frabric so basically every MK11 character has their own timeline where they became the keeper of time, Lui Kang summons a Kitana who's the keeper from another timeline and they both originated from the same one that MK11 took place in
So that's where Titan Kitana came from, huh? I bet she's from MK11 alternate ending where she's helped Liu Kang shaped the world after defeated Kronika
This also make Keeper of Time Kano way more sense too

Video has been taken down but I'm pretty sure when Lui Kang summons a different Raiden from another timelime, Raiden's wearing the same white outfit that he wore at the end of his arcade ending in MK11

The sad part is MK is sticking to making a cheesy martial arts movie employing relatively athletic human movement for the fights instead of having them actually be superhuman. Makes powerscaling them even harder.

Also, Liu Kang is a Titan with the Hourglass' powers, and we see him absorbing its powers back to become Titan again (he was a demi-god after storing its powers) for the final battle. I'm almost certain that the Hourglass' powers actually affect stats and abilities, and not just exclusively for crafting timelines.

Lui Kang having his powers stored away explains why he's states the Elder Gods bless him in one of his intros, for most of the game he's chosen to be a demi-god protector of earthrealm much like the OG Raiden was instead of having his full power as Keeper of Time where he's stronger than all of them combined

Video has been taken down but I'm pretty sure when Lui Kang summons a different Raiden from another timelime, Raiden's wearing the same white outfit that he wore at the end of his arcade ending in MK11
Raiden's ending mentions this was his counterpart from the NRS timeline, shown besting a Shao variant. So we might have potential scaling between the New Era and NRS Trilogy (alongside stuff like Nitara fighting Geras
Lui Kang having his powers stored away explains why he's states the Elder Gods bless him in one of his intros, for most of the game he's chosen to be a demi-god protector of earthrealm much like the OG Raiden was instead of having his full power as Keeper of Time where he's stronger than all of them combined
Funnily this just implies Raiden and Fujin scale to his Black Hole since we know Fire God Liu (without Jinsei Activation) was able to be harmed by characters capable of matching Shao, Sindel and Shang Tsung (who just took on Raiden and Fujin). Which kinda leans into something I've been thinking of the relativity between the Gods in the setting
The sad part is MK is sticking to making a cheesy martial arts movie employing relatively athletic human movement for the fights instead of having them actually be superhuman. Makes powerscaling them even harder.

Also, Liu Kang is a Titan with the Hourglass' powers, and we see him absorbing its powers back to become Titan again (he was a demi-god after storing its powers) for the final battle. I'm almost certain that the Hourglass' powers actually affect stats and abilities, and not just exclusively for crafting timelines.
Technically we already knew this since Kronika is shown absorbing power from it but I do think it's more a prep based thing to restore a timeline (though apparently Titan Shang and Fire God Liu created alternate timelines in their fight)

Raiden's ending mentions this was his counterpart from the NRS timeline, shown besting a Shao variant. So we might have potential scaling between the New Era and NRS Trilogy (alongside stuff like Nitara fighting Geras

Funnily this just implies Raiden and Fujin scale to his Black Hole since we know Fire God Liu (without Jinsei Activation) was able to be harmed by characters capable of matching Shao, Sindel and Shang Tsung (who just took on Raiden and Fujin). Which kinda leans into something I've been thinking of the relativity between the Gods in the setting

Technically we already knew this since Kronika is shown absorbing power from it but I do think it's more a prep based thing to restore a timeline (though apparently Titan Shang and Fire God Liu created alternate timelines in their fight)
NRS timeline is MK9 to MK11, MK1 is a new version of the NRS timeline.

I think you meant Midway timeline.

Out of all the issues plaguing MK powerscaling, I would not consider the martial arts movie aesthetic among the top three, or maybe even the top five.

Also, Havik is seemingly the big bad of the next game, potentially planning to create another time merger

The sad part is MK is sticking to making a cheesy martial arts movie employing relatively athletic human movement for the fights instead of having them actually be superhuman. Makes powerscaling them even harder
You can still have superhuman feats while retaining the martial arts aesthetic. I remember Boon commenting on the distinction with MK and Injustice and why they have MK dudes use martial arts while IJ dudes simply use their powers along with not very skilled fighting (with the exception of martial artists like Bats) plus MK's martial arts stuff doesn't make it harder to scale and it actually adds to their skill. Take a look at Kabal and Nightwolf reacting to bullets for instance. Plus the fight scenes are way better than the sluggish and not exciting fights in 9, X, and some in 11. Plus there's many cutscenes from other games that are "relatively athletic human" in movement yet have higher speed ratings

Last edited:
I don't think so

Which reminds me that swirling storm feat made by FG Liu in MK11 should be calced, I remember calc members refused because it can't be calced with something it's missing but I'd like to be reminded again and I want to try if we can still get something out of it

I don't think so

Which reminds me that swirling storm feat made by FG Liu in MK11 should be calced, I remember calc members refused because it can't be calced with something it's missing but I'd like to be reminded again and I want to try if we can still get something out of it
Listen, I'm cooking here
You can still have superhuman feats while retaining the martial arts aesthetic. I remember Boon commenting on the distinction with MK and Injustice and why they have MK dudes use martial arts while IJ dudes simply use their powers along with not very skilled fighting (with the exception of martial artists like Bats) plus MK's martial arts stuff doesn't make it harder to scale and it actually adds to their skill. Take a look at Kabal and Nightwolf reacting to bullets for instance. Plus the fight scenes are way better than the sluggish and not exciting fights in 9, X, and some in 11. Plus there's many cutscenes from other games that are "relatively athletic human" in movement yet have higher speed ratings
Honestly I just want Baki level shit

No I agree with that, I mean more the Liu who we play as before unlocking his potential and after yielding such power

Likely not in the next game, but in the story expansion. Also, that was Titan Havik, right?
He's called Lord Havik by his minions so yeah. Also I've heard it said that Rain destroys Seido for Havik in the latter's ending, anyone have a link to this? It's the only leaked ending i haven't seen yet

He's called Lord Havik by his minions so yeah. Also I've heard it said that Rain destroys Seido for Havik in the latter's ending, anyone have a link to this? It's the only leaked ending i haven't seen yet
Seido is Orderrealm, right? Is destroying that like, Universal? Or is Seido the main city? Haven't been brushing up my MK lore knowledge recently.

Likely not in the next game, but in the story expansion. Also, that was Titan Havik, right?
So you’re telling me Havik scales to Fire God Liu and Titan Shang? Let’s ******* go
Seido is Orderrealm, right? Is destroying that like, Universal? Or is Seido the main city? Haven't been brushing up my MK lore knowledge recently.
so Seido is OrderRealm and there’s statements the Realms might be infinite

True

also Havik and Shang have new fatality hax

the former self destructs his heart in your chest and the latter uses a serum to create a serpent from your flesh that kills you.

so that’s probably Self-Destruct and Biological Manipulation respectively

so Seido is OrderRealm and there’s statements the Realms might be infinite
No Seido is a city, also Rain destroyed Seido with his water powers based on what I've heard, massacring many innocents and making him guilty. Curious to see how he did this atrocity with his powers tho
True

also Havik and Shang have new fatality hax

the former self destructs his heart in your chest
and the latter uses a serum to create a serpent from your flesh that kills you.

so that’s probably Self-Destruct and Biological Manipulation respectively
Havik is Damage Transferal because the dmg of the opponent's half being destroyed is actually reflected on Havik as flayed skin on the same area that was destroyed.

Shang is life manip, depending on the context he has bio/disease manip in his Fatal Blow

Darrius also has a weird stun

I think Shang’s might be disease too since I heard he’s behind something in the story called Tarkat

Also anyone else want Havik vs MKX Jason now?

I think Shang’s might be disease too since I heard he’s behind something in the story called Tarkat

Also anyone else want Havik vs MKX Jason now?
He's cooking up shit in his Flesh Pits so it's definitely disease

At first thought Havik can't put down Jason and Jason can't seem to get past Havik's immo, tho KO is a thing for both of them

Shang also gets magma manipulation in his second fatality, just has it in a jar.

Mileena also uses Tarkatan Blades in her brutality, so that’s Bodily Weaponry and Body Control for her off the bat

Back